PDA

View Full Version : Foreign economists urge 'global plan'

Kahtar
Oct 1st 2008, 04:36 PM
http://www.washtimes.com/news/2008/oct/01/foreign-economists-prod-us-on-global-plan/
Leaders and economists from Western Europe to East Asia Tuesday urged the United States to go beyond reviving a failed domestic bailout and start working on a new global financial system.

Associated Press Traders at MICEX, the Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange, watch and wait during a tense session in Moscow on Tuesday when stock indexes sank despite a two-hour trading halt.

"The Americans don't have a choice they must absolutely have a global plan," Christian Noyer, head of the French central bank, said in Paris.

helios
Oct 1st 2008, 05:26 PM
We may get a world central bank out of this.

aceinthehouse
Oct 1st 2008, 05:35 PM
It will be getting, very interesting soon....

SpokenFor
Oct 1st 2008, 05:38 PM
:agree:

Heck, we already have Paypal, which is a global banking system.

Kahtar
Oct 1st 2008, 05:41 PM
It makes economic sense, of course, but we know where it's headed.........

Partaker of Christ
Oct 2nd 2008, 12:58 AM
I occasionally watch 'Russia today' TV.

A few days ago, I caught a glimpse of headline that said something like 'Russia's FM (foreign minister) slams USA, and calls for 'new world order'.
I did not get the chance to see the content of the headline, but I did a quick search.

Voice of Russia:
http://www.ruvr.ru/main.php?lng=eng&q=33173&cid=56&p=01.10.2008

As he summed the diplomatic marathon at the UN Headquarters, Sergei Lavrov singled out two issues that are in the focal point of the world community, namely the world financial crisis and the approach to security problems.

cwb
Oct 2nd 2008, 01:38 AM
Funny how the rest of the world rejoices at the United States economic problems .......... till it affects them.

quiet dove
Oct 2nd 2008, 03:15 AM
Funny how the rest of the world rejoices at the United States economic problems .......... till it affects them.

I'm not all to politically minded but it seems most didn't have a problem with taking our checks either.