PDA

View Full Version : Information The birth control pill and IUD (introuterinedevice) can cause abortions

babyface13
Oct 1st 2008, 10:53 PM
The birth control pill works in three ways.
1. Prevents woman from releasing egg.
2. Thickens cervical mucus, which makes it harder for sperm to reach egg
3. Can alter lining of uterus so that the fertilized egg cannot implant. The baby starves to death from not being in uterus. This is an abortion.

The IUD can change the lining of the uterus, which prevents the fertilized egg from being implanted. This is an abortion. It can also slow down sperm from reaching the egg.

So I strongly encourage you, my fellow Christians to not use those mentioned above, and please warn others who do not know.

Thankyou and God bless.

nikkiw
Oct 2nd 2008, 12:44 AM
i totally agree! but not only that, ( i have used both) i had a feeling of half-pregnant/half-menopausal! nausea and hot flashes at once! the hormonal issues for me were horrendous! i was mean, snappy, cramping/in pain all the time, and i had issues with UTI's, but it was weird... metallic smell.... don't have it now. hormones are getting better! :ppi'm 25... BC is not good... doctors just trying to promote medication. i believe that BC causes future infertility promblems. Personal opinion: it's saying you don't EVER want children, including having an induced surgical abortion. But that is just the physical issues with it.

Nikki

markedward
Oct 2nd 2008, 12:48 AM
Birth control is used as a means to stop pregnancy from being a result of sex.

If a person is trying to change or stop the natural results of sex as God made it to be, then they're doing something wrong.

nikkiw
Oct 2nd 2008, 01:16 AM
true.... but what about infertility issues. i know people who used it for years and now can't get pregnant. then again, i also now people with the opposite. there is a saying that children are a blessing. does that mean that if one doesn't have children naturally, with no help from doctors and no prior use of BC, that they aren't blessed? what about the ones that continue to have children even when they can't afford it? something about multiply the earth..... just some thoughts

babyface13
Oct 7th 2008, 04:01 AM
This is what you said.

there is a saying that children are a blessing. does that mean that if one doesn't have children naturally, with no help from doctors and no prior use of BC, that they aren't blessed? what about the ones that continue to have children even when they can't afford it? something about multiply the earth..... just some thoughts

The way I look at it children are an "extra" blessing. I don't know maybe that will help. And the second half, the way I look at it children are more important then money.
But anyways, hope that helps.

starlitskie
Oct 20th 2008, 06:37 AM
Is this only the emergency contraceptive pill you are talking about? As far as i aware only the emergency contraceptive pill does the third step? Please someone clarify this as i would hate for people to be misled on a topic as important as pregnancy

Athanasius
Oct 20th 2008, 08:09 AM
There are no conclusive results linking the "pill" with abortive birth control measures.

Veretax
Oct 20th 2008, 07:01 PM
SO what do you say about the following situation?

My wife and I got pregnant early in our relationship, and she miscarriaged early. The resulting miscarriage caused so many health problems for her that only a birth control pill was able to restore her hormone balances.

babyface13
Oct 22nd 2008, 10:23 PM
Go to this website if you would like to learn more about how the pill can cause abortions.

http://www.jesus-passion.com/bcpill1.html

Athanasius
Oct 23rd 2008, 04:20 AM
Go to this website if you would like to learn more about how the pill can cause abortions.

http://www.jesus-passion.com/bcpill1.html

I've researched the issue. Last I checked there was 'debate' over if the pill performed the third act in your list, but even Focus on the family admitted there was no such direct link that could be found.

nikkiw
Oct 25th 2008, 12:39 AM
of course, no one of credibility is going to admit that any form of birth control causes abortion! that would circumvene their marketing strategy to get every type of person to take it. it's meant to alter the hormone levels in the body to prevent ovulation, if that doesn't work, the altered hormone levels changes the lining of the uterus (makes it thinner, that's why you bleed less, yet another ploy to get you to take it! lighter, shorter periods!) which will not allow implantation to occur, even with fertilization. hello! abortion! sometimes, it will implant anyway... a miracle. but, if the woman doesn't stop taking her pills, it may cause issues with the baby. that's why they say pregnant women shouldn't take bc. also, i had asked my doc for some plan b pills, and of course he didn't have any or prescribe any, but he did give me a new pack of pills, told me to eat lunch, take 6 (!) of them at once, and then take 6 more in 12 hours. hello... bc is not safe, it's meant to cause abortion. but that's my two cents...

and btw, i never said children Weren't a blessing, they are. but for those who continue to have children when they aren't ready financially, or emotionally is not fair to the child. that's what i meant by that...

Athanasius
Oct 25th 2008, 01:50 AM
There's a big difference between the pill and 'plan b'... As well as the pill and taking a high dosage to cause an abortion.

Maverick57
Oct 31st 2008, 04:23 PM
I know from my experience that when my ex wife and I had our second child we discussed the form of BC called Mirena(sp?) which is a form of interouterine. He explained at the time that that particular form of BC doesnt prevent pregnancy but causes the increased likelihood of misscarriage. More or less he pretty much said he considered it abortion and could not in conscience prescribe it to us with the understanding of how we stood on pro-life issues.

I havent done any further research into the issue so my knowledge is limited to this experience. Even though I wasnt very fond of the doctor for his bed side manner(a different issue entirely) I was appreciative of his explanation and consideration he took for our beliefs.

ViolaSnapdragon
Oct 31st 2008, 04:46 PM
I've researched the issue. Last I checked there was 'debate' over if the pill performed the third act in your list, but even Focus on the family admitted there was no such direct link that could be found.

As did Planned Parenthood. As liberal and matter-of-fact they are about abortion not being wrong I figured they wouldn't gloss over such a fact and be plain about it if IUDs and pills caused abortions.

babyface13
Nov 1st 2008, 10:29 PM
Almathea,
I obtained the information about the pill from the Guttmacher Institute. They are a research branch of Planned Parenthood. So you see, they did not gloss over it. Research it further. This is not a topic that should be taken lightly.

Xel,
Countless physicians have stated that the birth control pill can cause abortions. Shouldn't that give you doubt? And if it gives you doubt, then shouldn't that give you a further reason not to use it? Because you're playing with fire if you do.

Athanasius
Nov 1st 2008, 10:41 PM
Xel,
Countless physicians have stated that the birth control pill can cause abortions. Shouldn't that give you doubt? And if it gives you doubt, then shouldn't that give you a further reason not to use it? Because you're playing with fire if you do.

No, doesn't give me any doubt, I've done my homework. Now, I'm not married and I'm not sleeping with my girlfriend so we don't need to worry about the pill just yet... Marriage is just a little ways away. If more research comes out between now and then, I'll definitely want to read it because it's a very serious thing to consider. If nothing changes, then any 'link' stays ambiguous at best and articles filled with quotes and rhetoric aren't going to change my mind ;)

drutland
Nov 9th 2008, 04:16 PM
I am a pharmacist. Let me tell you what I know about bc. 99% of the hormonal bc pills that are sold in the usa have 2 drugs in them. The first is a contraceptive. It's job is to prevent ovulation. In phamracy shcool they taught us that the contraceptive works about 80% of the time. The second drug is an abortifaceint. It prevents the fertilized egg from implanting in the uterine wall or rather causes the wall to slough of and expells both egg and wall.
The IUD does not prevent sperm from fertilizing the egg. It prevents the egg from implanting. It irritates the cell wall both mechanically and by continually releasing an aboritfacient drug.
Dave

JesusPhreak27
Nov 9th 2008, 05:29 PM
So let me get this right......

Were now saying that birth control is wrong?

I can unstand any sort of abortion pill...... that is abortion/murder.....

But now were saying that birth control is wrong?

Arent we supposed to teach people to live within their means and to be responsible?

Are we now judging people for using birth control because they do not want to have a child (or possibly abort it?) ?

What is going on here? We tell women not to have children they cant/wont take care of.....

But we know that people are still going to have sex (be honest is the ONLY time any of you have sex is to concieve a child?)

We also know that people (Christians included--gasp!) are going to have sex before marriage.....

Why not allow women to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancies?

Or are we WANTING women to live in a sorry cycle of judgment?

Please tell me how preventing the creation of a life is the same as taking an existing one?

Yukerboy
Nov 9th 2008, 05:36 PM
Arent we supposed to teach people to live within their means and to be responsible?

Wouldn't teaching people to live within their means and be responsible include teaching people to have no extramarital sex?

Please tell me how preventing the creation of a life is the same as taking an existing one?

If you believe life begins at conception, then you believe that a fertilized egg not being able to attach to the uterine wall by an action taken by the mother is taking an existing life.

Vhayes
Nov 9th 2008, 05:38 PM
Actually, I think there are a couple of things out there that do NOT work as abortifacient. I can't tell you off the top of my head what they are but we have a doctor who posts to the board and the one poster here has said he/she is a pharmacist; perhaps they can help.

There will always be people who say we should just leave it in God's hands. I always find it amazing when they are the first to seek medical help such as chemotherapy or for that matter, aspirin for a headache, yet want to tell others to have 15 children because it's "God's Will" - so is the cancer or the headache NOT God's will?

Anyway - that's my two cents and now I'll leave again...
V

Vhayes
Nov 9th 2008, 05:41 PM
Wouldn't teaching people to live within their means and be responsible include teaching people to have no extramarital sex?
I don't think we're talking "extra-marital" sex. The discussion (or at least I though it was) was about birth control for married couples.

JesusPhreak27
Nov 9th 2008, 06:36 PM
Actually, I think there are a couple of things out there that do NOT work as abortifacient. I can't tell you off the top of my head what they are but we have a doctor who posts to the board and the one poster here has said he/she is a pharmacist; perhaps they can help.

There will always be people who say we should just leave it in God's hands. I always find it amazing when they are the first to seek medical help such as chemotherapy or for that matter, aspirin for a headache, yet want to tell others to have 15 children because it's "God's Will" - so is the cancer or the headache NOT God's will?

Anyway - that's my two cents and now I'll leave again...
V

Sis you and me are yet again on the exact same page.....

But people want to believe that telling people NOT to have sex before marriage is enough to actually keep them from doing it.

You and I at least realize that its going to happen and that we must atleast attempt to put some sort of actions in play that educate/protect people from unwanted pregnancies/STDs

JesusPhreak27
Nov 9th 2008, 06:39 PM

If you believe life begins at conception, then you believe that a fertilized egg not being able to attach to the uterine wall by an action taken by the mother is taking an existing life.

So which scenario would you rather have happen?

1. A married couple uses birth control because they do not feel ready to have or dont want to have children yet.

OR

2. A married couple has 15 children that they do not want or are not able to take care of because they dont use ANY sort of protection.

Which do you contend is the better scenario? For the parents? For the children?

Yukerboy
Nov 9th 2008, 06:55 PM
#1 by far.

Make no mistake. I am not against birth control at all. But I also do not deny one belief for the sake of another.

For instance a person who has had a vasectomy...he is not in the wrong in my belief set, but is killing no child as a child's life only begins when an egg is fertilized.

If killing an unwanted child while in the womb is wrong, then not allowing a child to attach to the uterine wall is wrong.

Yuke

drutland
Nov 9th 2008, 07:26 PM
I think there are a couple of things out there that do NOT work as abortifacient.
There are but with a much reduced efficacy. Who wants to take a birth controll pill that has a 20% change of failing? They are rareley, if ever, used. 99% of the time the most effective method is used. Contraceptive combined with abortifaceint. Most people do not know this even though it has been know since the 50's when these medications where developed. I don't make any judgments, I seek only to inform you of the facts.
Dave

FaithfulSheep
Nov 9th 2008, 08:10 PM
#1 by far.

If killing an unwanted child while in the womb is wrong, then not allowing a child to attach to the uterine wall is wrong.

Yuke

So are you saying that people should use no protection because all protection is wrong since it prevents fertilization? That people should have child after child until they can no longer conceive?

I'm with Xel on this whole issue... there doesn't seem to be enough real proof that I can see so far, that taking a bc pill is the equivalent of having an abortion.