PDA

View Full Version : Strange things people believe about Jews

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 09:41 AM
It's come to my attention that even today when people should know better there are some strange ideas about Jews circulating. So let's throw them all in one post here, so we can sit back and laugh at how silly some people are.

I'll start: Jews have horns. That's why we wear hats! :lol:

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 09:50 AM
Jews poison well water. That's how the black plague spread!

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 12:51 PM
Jews use gentile blood to make passover Matzo.

HisLeast
Oct 3rd 2008, 12:59 PM
Don't forget about ZOG - the Zionist Occupied Government.

Or the people who think that the Protocols of the Elders of Zion is a legitimate and authentic work of non-fiction.

HisLeast
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:12 PM
Jews are the most deadly hand-to-hand combatants in the world!

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://xompage.com/misc/jew-jitsu.jpg&usg=AFQjCNH6DlqJL8RQX3_iT7LYd02n2MGG7Q

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:23 PM
Jews torture cookies! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_desecration#Accusations_against_Jews)

Toymom
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:26 PM
Jews poison well water. That's how the black plague spread!

I think the reason for that saying was because the Jews did not suffer from the black plague as much as the gentiles did. I am reading the book "The Maker's Diet" and the author says that one reason the Jewish people did not suffer as much from the Black Plague as others did, was due to their habits of washing their hands and only eating clean foods as was prescribed by the Lord.

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:27 PM
Jews impose a special tax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosher_tax) on food.

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:35 PM
Jews are capitalist exploiters and also communist agitators. (The same Jews? Another team? Who knows! :lol:)

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:36 PM
Jewish doctors spread AIDS.

graceforme
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:37 PM
Do you know how Jews take their census? They roll a nickel down the street and then count the survivors.

Ooooh .... that was so bad!

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:38 PM
4000 Jews didn't go to work on 9/11.

Kahtar
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:38 PM
Loved that pic, His Least! :lol:

Jeanne D
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:40 PM
Fenris,
I know you're just trying to make light of the silly ridiculous things people may think about the Jewish people. It sort of makes me sad to be honest.
Not trying to put a damper on this thread, but I love the Jewish people, and I have some Jewish blood flowing through my veins too.

Jeanne

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:47 PM
Jews are not loyal to the countries in which they live.

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:51 PM
Jews "Made up" the Holocaust.

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:54 PM
Jews believe that as the 'chosen people', they are better than everyone else.

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:59 PM
There is a 'Jewish lobby' that makes the US Government do whatever it wishes.

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:01 PM
Two can play that game.

Strange ideas people have about Jews:

a) That "Jew" is a race. Has anyone ever seen anyone with a "Jewish" skin color? Black I've seen, white I've seen, hispanic I've seen, asian I've seen, but...jewish? Come oooooon.... Nice photo of that white guy wearing a Jewish hat, by the way. I have more!

http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/female_celebrities/whoopi_goldberg_BryanBedder.jpg
And would've thought? Whoopi Goldberg, black? Naw...she's Jewish! Can't you tell just by looking at her?

http://www.jamesbb6.com/chenbot.jpg
Julia Chen, Asian? Naw...she's Jewish! Can't you see it?

b) That anyone who preaches against the Jewish religion must be a Neo-Nazi, white supremacist. What color do you think most Jews are? Purple? :rofl: That would be like Malcolm X joining the KKK.

c) That if someone learns a little Hebrew, wears a little hat, and moves to the Middle East, that must mean therefore that they are direct descendants, entirely on the father's side, clear back to that Middle Eastern guy Abraham. That's going back 4000 years, 160 generations, no evidence. But hey--if you wear a kipa on your head, it must be true!

d) That because of their race--which is obvious...of course!--that that means God has this deed to a plot of land in Israel written up in their name, because of Scripture detailing events happening almost 3000 years ago. That must mean they can do it, too! And if the current residents of "your" land don't like it, God gives you the right to carry a shotgun and run them off. No big deal...they're only Arabs.

e) That it's a get-out-of-jail-free card, and Jews don't have to know Christ to go to Heaven. They're just all going to have "Christ chosen for them" one day. Just for Jews. Of course, a Gentile doesn't know Christ, he gets thrown into the pit of Hell, but hey...this other guy's a card-carrying member!

HisLeast
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:01 PM
Jews "Made up" the Holocaust.
Or worse. Jews "made up" the Holocaust by actually sacrificing X million of their own people. I've heard that one kicking around conspiracy theory sites a couple of times.

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:15 PM
Jews control the media (and maybe even this website?! :o:lol:)

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:22 PM
Today's Jews are impostors and are not descended from Jews of the bible. Except for possibly Jews from Middle Eastern countries, aka Sephardic Jews.

Even though the ethnic group genetically closest to Sephardic Jews is...European Jews, aka Ashkenazic Jews.

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:25 PM
Jews are the enemies of God.

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:29 PM
Jews crucified Jesus.

mcgyver
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:31 PM
Jews control the media (and maybe even this website?! :o:lol:)

No...I know that this one's wrong...the voices in my tackle box told me so.....:o

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:34 PM
That if you are anti-Israel, you are anti-semitic.

http://www.nkusa.org/activities/demonstrations/20080603/1-IMG_2324.jpg

Just like if you are anti-Nazi, you are anti-German.

mcgyver
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:39 PM
Do I sense the choo-choo gittin' ready to jump the track? :rolleyes:

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:43 PM
Jewish men get periods. (haven't seen this one in a while, but it was big in the middle ages!)

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:45 PM
That Jesus can't come back until Christians donate money to fly every Jew in the world to Israel, whether they want to or not. And once they're there, they will never, ever want to leave.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0304/p06s01-woeu.html

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:52 PM
The Jews murdered God.

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:59 PM
Jews are all children of Abraham, and Muslims are all children of Ishmael and are God's step-children.

apothanein kerdos
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:59 PM
That Jews aren't a race...even though Paul clearly stated that "Jew" is a race.

Good job contradicting Paul 1 Peter...your anti-semitism and ardent hatred of the Jewish people shines forth! :pp

diffangle
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:02 PM
The Jews control the world. :rolleyes:

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:03 PM
Jews want to conquer the middle east 'From the Nile to the Euphrates'.

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:08 PM
That Jews aren't a race...even though Paul clearly stated that "Jew" is a race.

Really?

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=Jew%20race&version1=31&searchtype=all

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:08 PM
Jews are behind most of the world's wars. So they can make a profit. Naturally. :rolleyes:

diffangle
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:09 PM
And if the current residents of "your" land don't like it, God gives you the right to carry a shotgun and run them off. No big deal...they're only Arabs.

Questions for you...

1. Have you given your property to a Native American lately?

2. Do you know the percentage of Arabs living mixed among the Israeli's/Jewish people in Israel?

3. Do you know the percentage of Jews living mixed among Arabs/Muslims in the sea of 22 Muslim countries surrounding tiny Israel?

4. How many Muslims/Arabs hold seats in Israels parliament?

5. How many Jews hold a seat in the sea of Muslim nations parliaments?

Look up those numbers and then lets talk about racism.

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:09 PM
That Hebrew is the "holy language", and the Hebrew biblical text contains all sorts of hidden numbers and secret messages in them.

diffangle
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:14 PM
That if you are anti-Israel, you are anti-semitic.

http://www.nkusa.org/activities/demonstrations/20080603/1-IMG_2324.jpg

Just like if you are anti-Nazi, you are anti-German.
Guess whose paycheck the head of that radical kooky Neutra Karta(that makes up less than 1% of the Jewish population) was found to be on... Arafats! :hmm:

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:21 PM
Guess whose paycheck the head of that radical kooky Neutra Karta(that makes up less than 1% of the Jewish population)

You're calling Jews radicals and kooks?

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:28 PM
Guess whose paycheck the head of that radical kooky Neutra Karta(that makes up less than 1% of the Jewish population) was found to be on... Arafats! :hmm:
Actually, there are a few hundred of these guys in the whole world. To vindicate their own beliefs, racists like Ahmedenejad pretend that they speak for all Jews.

always
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:28 PM
I've been told that Jews are prosperous as oppose to shrewd in business, because of their tithing ethic. Do Jews have a strong belief in tithing

militarywife
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:31 PM
:cry:
I know the title of this thread says " strange things people believe" but it hurts my feelings to read these things.

God is no repecter of persons.
Romans 2:11

Also...Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom,
and his tongue speaks what is just.

diffangle
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:33 PM
You're calling Jews radicals and kooks?
Are you going to address any of my questions for you or evade them like you do so well? ;)

daughter
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:39 PM
I've heard people in this country say that Jews were behind 9/11, and are trying to start a holy war against Islam.

Seriously. :confused

diffangle
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:40 PM
Actually, there are a few hundred of these guys in the whole world. To vindicate their own beliefs, racists like Ahmedenejad pretend that they speak for all Jews.
Correct, a few hundred out of 13.5 million Jews is a small fringe. Since they've already been busted being on Arafat's payroll I wouldn't be suprised if Amadmanjihad hasn't picked up that tab now.:hmm:

HisLeast
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:55 PM
This thread is way less fun than how it started. :cry:

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 04:03 PM
That's because some people here believe strange things about Jews...

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 04:35 PM

You set up a thread meant to ridicule people, it's not so fun anymore when it doesn't turn out that way, doesn't it?

HisLeast
Oct 3rd 2008, 04:38 PM
You set up a thread meant to ridicule people, it's not so fun anymore when it doesn't turn out that way, doesn't it?

If you cared to look, you'll notice I didn't set up the thread at all.

Steve M
Oct 3rd 2008, 04:51 PM
If you cared to look, you'll notice I didn't set up the thread at all.
Yeah, I was kind of wondering about that.... I mean, maybe you look like Fenris in real life or something, but on the board? I just don't see it...

Richard H
Oct 3rd 2008, 05:19 PM
Originally, I was going to inject a post here, but I didn’t want to interrupt the flow of misconceptions. :rolleyes:

So I’ll just point to another thread. One which you might find strange, but it isn’t about myths and prejudice against God’s chosen.

Richard

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?p=1811084#post1811084 (http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?p=1811084#post1811084)

HisLeast
Oct 3rd 2008, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I was kind of wondering about that.... I mean, maybe you look like Fenris in real life or something, but on the board? I just don't see it...

Uh no. Fenris obviously has horns where as I do not. :rofl:

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 05:27 PM
Richard, from your post:
Jews (the remnant of Judah) – the portion of the elect for whom the days are cut short - will inhabit the land under the rule of Messiah as God has promised.

I don't think that's strange at all. A literal reading of the prophets says exactly that.

I can't post in your thread itself as I am not allowed to post in 'Bible Chat'.

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 05:28 PM
Uh no. Fenris obviously has horns where as I do not. :rofl:You can't see them! I'm wearing my Kippah!!

Kahtar
Oct 3rd 2008, 06:03 PM
You can't see them! I'm wearing my Kippah!!

Now I understand how you keep those things on your head. I've seen them even on bald men, and just couldn't figure it out. Now I know. :D

HisLeast
Oct 3rd 2008, 06:08 PM
You can't see them! I'm wearing my Kippah!!

Hey Fenris,

Is there a functional difference between a kippah and one of those larger black rimmed hats?

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 06:10 PM
Nope. Both hats change your skin color to Jewish!

mcgyver
Oct 3rd 2008, 06:11 PM
Hey Fenris,

Is there a functional difference between a kippah and one of those larger black rimmed hats?

Bigger horns? :lol:

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 06:21 PM
I love how people believe how Jews are so persecuted, too....hey, let's set up a country for them, right smack in the middle of lots of Arab neighbors, and then run the Arabs already living there out and into the neighboring countries. That'll stop the persecution! Whoa is me! Help me Yahweh, save me from these people whom I stole their land from!

mcgyver
Oct 3rd 2008, 07:07 PM
I love how people believe how Jews are so persecuted, too....hey, let's set up a country for them, right smack in the middle of lots of Arab neighbors, and then run the Arabs already living there out and into the neighboring countries. That'll stop the persecution! Whoa is me! Help me Yahweh, save me from these people whom I stole their land from!

OK, it's reality check time.

Let's just look at recent history (ignoring from AD 70 until 1939), shall we?

Start by googling "Kristallnacht"...then search for "Dachau", "Bergen-Belsen", "Sachsenhausen"...you might try "Pogroms"...then when you're through...check out "the final solution to the Jewish problem"...

Argue with God then, because He was the one who promised that He'd bring His people back into the land.

Speaking from the viewpoint of a LOT of years carrying a rifle...there is no way Israel could have or should have survived the onslaught of the combined Arab Armies in 1948...You better believe God's hand was in it.

As far as "stealing the land" from the Arabs, here is an excerpt from the Declaration of Independence of the State of Israel (and I'll highlight the pertinent passages):

This recognition by the United Nations of the right of the Jewish people to establish their independent State may not be revoked. It is, moreover, the self-evident right of the Jewish people to be a nation, as all other nations, in its own sovereign State.
ACCORDINGLY, WE, the members of the National Council, representing the Jewish people in Palestine and the Zionist movement of the world, met together in solemn assembly today, the day of the termination of the British mandate for Palestine, by virtue of the natural and historic right of the Jewish people and of the Resolution of the General Assembly of the United Nations,
HEREBY PROCLAIM the establishment of the Jewish State in Palestine, to be called ISRAEL.
WE HEREBY DECLARE that as from the termination of the Mandate at midnight, this night of the 14th and 15th May, 1948, and until the setting up of the duly elected bodies of the State in accordance with a Constitution, to be drawn up by a Constituent Assembly not later than the first day of October, 1948, the present National Council shall act as the provisional administration, shall constitute the Provisional Government of the State of Israel.
THE STATE OF ISRAEL will be open to the immigration of Jews from all countries of their dispersion; will promote the development of the country for the benefit of all its inhabitants; will be based on the precepts of liberty, justice and peace taught by the Hebrew Prophets; will uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens, without distinction of race, creed or sex; will guarantee full freedom of conscience, worship, education and culture; will safeguard the sanctity and inviolability
of the shrines and Holy Places of all religions; and will dedicate itself to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations.
THE STATE OF ISRAEL will be ready to cooperate with the organs and representatives of the United Nations in the implementation of the Resolution of the Assembly of November 29, 1947, and will take steps to bring about the Economic Union over the whole of Palestine.
We appeal to the United Nations to assist the Jewish people in the building of its State and to admit Israel into the family of nations.
In the midst of wanton aggression, we yet call upon the Arab inhabitants of the State of Israel to return to the ways of peace and play their part in the development of the State, with full and equal citizenship and due representation in its bodies and institutions - provisional or permanent.
We offer peace and unity to all the neighboring states and their peoples, and invite them to cooperate with the independent Jewish nation for the common good of all.
Our call goes out the the Jewish people all over the world to rally to our side in the task of immigration and development and to stand by us in the great struggle for the fulfillment of the dream of generations - the redemption of Israel.
With trust in Almighty God, we set our hand to this Declaration, at this Session of the Provisional State Council, in the city of Tel Aviv, on this Sabbath eve, the fifth of Iyar, 5708, the fourteenth day of
May, 1948.

News Flash...the "Palestinians" themselves chose not to avail themselves of this opportunity...at the command of their Mullahs...

markedward
Oct 3rd 2008, 07:28 PM
Really?

[link]Romans 9:3-4 For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, those of my own race, the people of Israel.

Try a larger search next time.

Hurg... I'm trying to think of some good (sing "irony" in an Opera voice, for my sake) ones for this thread.

markedward
Oct 3rd 2008, 07:29 PM
Oh! I got one.

Jews have an inherent ability to make lots of money.

Richard H
Oct 3rd 2008, 07:58 PM
Military academies do not study Israeli battles, as they are impossible victories and have no practical value in warfare.

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 08:01 PM
Argue with God then, because He was the one who promised that He'd bring His people back into the land.

Hey, wait a minute. I thought Israel was founded so Jews could flee persecution. Which is it?

The British offered the Uganda proposal, first proposed by Theo Herzl, the original Zionist himself, clear back in 1905. Had they accepted that, most of the Holocaust would have been avoided.

Then there's the Galveston scheme in 1914. Relocate them to the American Southwest. 9,300 Jews did just that. Had more done that, most of the Holocaust would have been avoided.

Then Ahmadinejad proposed they to go Alaska. That is PLENTY far away from the Arab "terrorists", since the Israelis seem to be so persecuted by them. It's laughed off. Ha ha?

It's amazingly hypocritical. You claim Israel exists for "Jewish security", and to "flee persecution", yet for some strange reason you absolutely have to have them flee TO PALESTINE. The Ten Commandments are just thrown out: "Thou shalt not commit murder." "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house." "Thou shalt not bear false witness". Just to fulfill what you THINK is some prophecy.

Ta-An
Oct 3rd 2008, 08:03 PM
Oh! I got one.

Jews have an inherent ability to make lots of money.Ahhhh but they know how to make money ;) Even the Minister of Finance in our country is a Jew :)

Ta-An
Oct 3rd 2008, 08:09 PM
Jews control the media (and maybe even this website?! :o:lol:)Don't let the cat out of the bag now :monkeyd:

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 08:12 PM
Have you ever seen a Muslim anchorman in America?

Ta-An
Oct 3rd 2008, 08:17 PM
Look up those numbers and then lets talk about racism.And then you speak of SA?? :rofl:

Ta-An
Oct 3rd 2008, 08:18 PM
That Hebrew is the "holy language", and the Hebrew biblical text contains all sorts of hidden numbers and secret messages in them.And where is the laugh in that :hmm:

diffangle
Oct 3rd 2008, 08:19 PM
Have you ever seen a Muslim anchorman in America?
Fareed Zakaria

Hey still waiting for answers to my questions. ;)

mcgyver
Oct 3rd 2008, 08:20 PM
Hey, wait a minute. I thought Israel was founded so Jews could flee persecution. Which is it?

The British offered the Uganda proposal, first proposed by Theo Herzl, the original Zionist himself, clear back in 1905. Had they accepted that, most of the Holocaust would have been avoided.

Then there's the Galveston scheme in 1914. Relocate them to the American Southwest. 9,300 Jews did just that. Had more done that, most of the Holocaust would have been avoided.

Neither Uganda nor the American Southwest contain THE City of Jerusalem, do they now?

Then Ahmadinejad proposed they to go Alaska. That is PLENTY far away from the Arab "terrorists", since the Israelis seem to be so persecuted by them. It's laughed off. Ha ha?

(Heavy sigh and shake of head here)

It's amazingly hypocritical. You claim Israel exists for "Jewish security", and to "flee persecution", yet for some strange reason you absolutely have to have them flee TO PALESTINE. The Ten Commandments are just thrown out: "Thou shalt not commit murder." "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house." "Thou shalt not bear false witness". Just to fulfill what you THINK is some prophecy.

Putting words in my mouth...I said no such thing...just responded to your rather venomous (and quite frankly anti-Semitic) post.

As far as having them flee to Palestine, I'll say this really, really, slowly:

Read--your--Bible,--both--Testaments :rolleyes:

You can argue with the author...He's the one that said they'd be in the land that HE gave to their fathers...not me.

Ta-An
Oct 3rd 2008, 08:24 PM
Fareed Zakaria

Hey still waiting for answers to my questions. ;)It normally is the country that points a finger that is guilty :D

diffangle
Oct 3rd 2008, 08:32 PM
You've really got to get your facts straight...

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths2/Israelsroots.html

The Jews were in the land long before the Arabs/Muslims were. Land wasn't stolen from the Arabs either, it was either purchased or thye used land that had no owner(ie. desert spaces). If you want to talk about stolen land you need to read up on how the Arabs/Muslims in the 22 Muslim countries killed, persecuted and ran off the Jews in those countries and stole all their properties in the process. Have you checked on those percentages I asked you about earlier?

Have you given your property back to a native American?

apothanein kerdos
Oct 3rd 2008, 08:32 PM
Here's something (http://www.pcahistory.org/documents/anti-semitism.html) - written by Francis Schaeffer - that I find very applicable to some people in this thread. Keep in mind that it was written in 1943.

We live in an age in which anti-Semitism is a powerful force. In many lands it has resulted in the death of countless Jews. Even in our own land it shows itself in various guises from time to time. Even among those who call themselves fundamentalist Christians we find an occasional individual who spends a large portion of his time assailing the Jews.

Considering anti-Semitism, the first thing that fixes itself in my thinking is the fact that Christ was a Jew. When we open the New Testament to Matthew 1:1, we find the very first claim made concerning Christ is that he sprang from Abraham and was a descendant of David. The Bible does not say that Jesus just happened to be a Jew, but the Word emphasizes over and over again that he was a Jew.

When He was eight days old, He was taken to the Temple and circumcized as was every Jewish male. Therefore, we must remember that Jesus bore in His body the physical mark of the Jewish people. When He was twelve, He was dedicated at the Temple, again emphasizing that His Jewish race and Jewish faith were not incidental to Him, but that from His early training they were His vital human background. During His public ministry, as an adult man, the Bible teaches that while repudiating purely human Jewish traditions, His life carefully conformed to Old Testament standards. In fact, He lived in such a way that even the Old Testament prophecies concerning the Messiah were fulfilled fully in Him. He was the Jew of all Jews.

In His public ministry we find Him dealing almost exclusively with the Jews. Hardly ever did He touch a Gentile life. The twelve disciples were all Jews. The earliest church consisted completely of Jews. It was Peter, the Jew, who spoke to the proselyte, Cornelius. It was the believing Jews, scattered abroad by the persecution following the death of Stephen, who took the Good News to Antioch of Syria where the first Gentile Christian Church was formed. The missionary who opened up the heathen Roman Empire to the preaching of the Gospel was the Jew, Paul.

And if we ask ourselves why it was that the Jews received such an important place in the early Christian Church, we must realize that it was not an afterthought in the plan of God, but that for two thousand years God had been working in history to bring forth this very fact. God called Abraham from Ur of the Chaldees as the first Jew when the earth had completely apostasized from the living God. He promised him that the land should be his, that he should have numerous seed, but above all things, that all the world should be blessed through him. God called forth Abraham for this specific purpose, that through him the Messiah should come. The Jews for two thousand years, in the providence of God, were the cradle of the coming Redeemer.

As we examine the history of that two thousand years, we find God constantly reaffirming the promise of the coming Messiah to the Jews, so that not only was the promise made to Abraham but to Isaac and Jacob, and then it was narrowed down to the tribe of Judah, and then to the royal family--the family of David. As the years passed by it was also promised that He should be born in Bethlehem, that He should be a suffering Messiah, but also that He should rule in Palestine on behalf of His people, the Jews.

In these two thousand years in which the way was prepared for the coming of the Messiah, all the earth was in darkness but for the light that shone in Israel. While our ancestors worshipped we know not what, but certainly not the living God, the Jews were called God's chosen people. They were separated from all other peoples of the earth. They were loved of God, a kingdom of priests. And even in their times of sin, God kept His hand upon them in order that a remnant should be His from which the Anointed One should come. Nay, Jesus was not a Jew by accident, nor as an incidental thing in the plan of God; if Jesus had not been born a Jew, according to both the Old Testament and the New, He could not have been our Saviour.

As for the present time in which we live, Romans 11:17 - 24 teaches that we Gentile believers should not boast against the Jews, the natural branches, for if God spared not the natural branches, we are told to take heed lest He spare not us. How clearly it is emphasized that if we who were wild branches by nature, were grafted contrary to nature into the good olive tree, much more shall the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree. And what does Ephesians 2:14 stress to us but that at Jesus' death the middle wall of partition was broken down between Jew and Gentile--not that the Jew should be cast aside, but that we should have place with the Jew by faith. Abraham is now our father, and as we have put our faith in Christ, we are now spiritual Jews.

For the future the Word of God is explicit still. In Romans 11:25 it is made clear that the blindness which now in part is happened to Israel is not forever bu until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. And then what is to come to pass? The 26th verse tells us that all Israel shall then be saved, when the Deliverer shall turn away all ungodliness from Jacob. The 29th verse is a verse that we love and use for ourselves, "For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance." We may take it to ourselves because God never breaks any promise, but let us notice that the primary application in this place is to the Jew. God has promised great things for Israel as a nation, and this Word here tells us that He will bring them to pass. If He does not bring them to pass, then the gifts and calling of God are not without repentance. Clearly again, in Zechariah 12:10 it is stated that the day will come when the Jews "shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son." In the day when Israel shall be saved they shall look upon Jesus and know that in His first coming He was their true Messiah. Again, it is not only the Old Testament which promises that the land of Palestine will once more belong to the Jews, but in the New Testament, in Luke 21:24, we are told that Jerusalem shall be trodden down by the Gentiles only until the time of the Gentiles shall be fulfilled. Therefore, the Word tells us that the day will come when all Israel shall be saved, and the Jews will look upon Jesus as their true Messiah, and also that the Promised Land will be theirs once more. It is not only for the past, not only for the present, but also for the future, that we who are now Christ's should love the Jew.

We cannot expect the Gentile, who merely uses the term "Christian" to designate the difference between Gentile and Jew, to love the Jew, but we who are Christians indeed, in that we have been saved through faith in Christ, should love His ancient people. Above all things in this regard we should keep constantly in our minds that our Lord Himself was a Jew--born a Jew, lived a Jew, died a Jew. Also, the great majority of those heroes of the faith I personally long to see when I go to be with that Lord are Jews. I want to see Abraham; and he is a Jew. And I want to see Isaac; he is a Jew. I want to see Jacob; and he is a Jew. I want to see Joseph; and he is a Jew. I want to see Moses; and he is a Jew. I want to see Joshua; and he is a Jew. I want to see Gideon and the other judges; and they are Jews. I want to see the prophets--Isaiah, Elijah, Elisha, and all the rest; and they are Jews. I want to see Daniel and Ezra and Nehemiah; they are Jews. I want to see John; and he is a Jew. I want to see James; and he is a Jew. I want to see Peter; and he is a Jew. I want to see Paul; and he is a Jew. These are only some of those I long to meet who bear the name of Jew. How could I hate the Jew?

And if this is not enough for those of us who are Bible-believing Christians, let us note the command of God in Romans 11:31. It tells us clearly what our attitude in this age should be to natural Israel. We should have mercy unto them. And, my friends, mercy and anti-Semitism in any form do not live in the same household. We cannot seek to win them individually to the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour if we despise them as a people in our hearts.

Not long ago an influential Jew in New York City, the Labor Editor of one of the New York papers, quoted to me a little poem which he said was widely repeated among the Jews of that city. As I have considered this rhyme, I have found it more than an interesting jingle. It speaks wisdom concerning the man who bears the name of Christian and yet is anti-Semitic in his thinking.

"How odd of God to choose the Jew,
But not so odd as those who choose
The Jewish God and hate the Jew."

diffangle
Oct 3rd 2008, 08:38 PM
The Ten Commandments are just thrown out: "Thou shalt not commit murder."

You may want to heed our Jewish Messiahs words here...

Mat 5:21 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/popup.pl?book=Mat&chapter=5&verse=21&version=kjv#21)¶Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

Mat 5:22 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/popup.pl?book=Mat&chapter=5&verse=22&version=kjv#22)But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

2Pet, do you have any anger/hatred towards Jewish people?

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 09:04 PM
2Pet, do you have any anger/hatred towards Jewish people?

I place them in no higher or lower regard than I do any other non-Christian religion.

I *do*, however, hate anything that sends people to Hell. And this attitude that Jews somehow have a get-out-of-jail-free card with God is just that.

apothanein kerdos
Oct 3rd 2008, 09:08 PM
Right, which is why you've implicated them in 9/11, constantly berate and bash Jewish people, and didn't you also insinuate that they control the media? That's REAL loving right there. :rolleyes:

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 09:10 PM
I place them in no higher or lower regard than I do any other non-Christian religion.

I *do*, however, hate anything that sends people to Hell. And this attitude that Jews somehow have a get-out-of-jail-free card with God is just that.
Amos 3:2 "You only have I chosen among all the families of the earth; Therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities."

Uh, you were saying...?

Richard H
Oct 3rd 2008, 09:11 PM

Don't tell us. Tell it to Jesus.

He might be able to help you out.

apothanein kerdos
Oct 3rd 2008, 09:13 PM
Amos 3:2 "You only have I chosen among all the families of the earth; Therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities."

Uh, you were saying...?

Fenris,

Could you please stop using your Jewish logic? You know that's only for us Jews. Gentiles don't understand "logic" because they aren't chosen (remember, that's in the contract God signed with us).

P.S. I know I'm not a practicing Jew, but could I come over tonight for Sabbath? I just miss the taste of Gentile blood on the Sabbath. Likewise, did you see MSNBC and their take on Sarah Palin? I meant to talk to you about shutting MSNBC down, since we have that power.

P.P.S. Could you delete the files I sent you on 9/11? I know you won't leak them out to anyone, but I feel it's better to be safe than sorry.

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 09:15 PM
Don't tell us. Tell it to Jesus.

He might be able to help you out. Revelation 2:9 I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2008, 09:21 PM
Fenris,

Could you please stop using your Jewish logic? You know that's only for us Jews. Gentiles don't understand "logic" because they aren't chosen (remember, that's in the contract God signed with us).

P.S. I know I'm not a practicing Jew, but could I come over tonight for Sabbath? I just miss the taste of Gentile blood on the Sabbath. Likewise, did you see MSNBC and their take on Sarah Palin? I meant to talk to you about shutting MSNBC down, since we have that power.

P.P.S. Could you delete the files I sent you on 9/11? I know you won't leak them out to anyone, but I feel it's better to be safe than sorry.Biting, biting sarcasm. :lol:

HisLeast
Oct 3rd 2008, 10:46 PM
Biting, biting sarcasm. :lol:

Didn't they co-invent sarcasm with the Illuminati in order to stir division amongst people?

apothanein kerdos
Oct 3rd 2008, 10:54 PM
Didn't they co-invent sarcasm with the Illuminati in order to stir division amongst people?

No, you're thinking of Jewish guilt.

diffangle
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:03 PM
Fenris,

P.P.S. Could you delete the files I sent you on 9/11? I know you won't leak them out to anyone, but I feel it's better to be safe than sorry.
Hey could you guys please stop controlling all my/our money while you're at it. :lol:

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:05 PM
No, you're thinking of Jewish guilt.

There is a such thing as Jewish guilt?

diffangle
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:12 PM
I place them in no lower regard than I do any other non-Christian religion.

You sure about that?

I *do*, however, hate anything that sends people to Hell.
Got news for ya, the only One that has the power to send people to hell is our Creator so you're gonna have to take your little problem up with Him. ;)

And this attitude that Jews somehow have a get-out-of-jail-free card with God is just that.

Who here has said that? You have a knack for bringing this up in threads that say nothing of this sort of thing. Besides, just b/c someone believes that someone else has a "get-out-of-jail-free card" shouldn't make you spew so much disdain/anger/hatred towards a people.

Slug1
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:15 PM
Jews are the most deadly hand-to-hand combatants in the world!

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://xompage.com/misc/jew-jitsu.jpg&usg=AFQjCNH6DlqJL8RQX3_iT7LYd02n2MGG7Q

Ya know... I just repped Fenris for starting this thread which I saw early this morning before I left for work. Now it's about 1816 and I told him the thread was already up to 3 pages at 40 posts per page setting that I have.

BUT

Soon as I got to this post I had to stop reading cause I can't stop laughing :rofl: :rofl:

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:17 PM
Got news for ya, the only One that has the power to send people to hell is our Creator so you're gonna have to take your little problem up with Him.

If you don't have a problem with anything that sends people to Hell, then it is you who has the problem, and not a little one.

Christianity teaches that we are love our neighbor. That means you are supposed to care if they are headed to Hell.

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:19 PM
Ya know... I just repped Fenris for starting this thread

Why would you rep someone for starting a thread dedicated to ridiculing people?

HisLeast
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:21 PM
Why would you rep someone for starting a thread dedicated to ridiculing people?

Did you even read the first few posts?

apothanein kerdos
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:21 PM
Hey could you guys please stop controlling all my/our money while you're at it. :lol:

Man I wish I were in on that committee of Jews. Unfortunately, I'm on the foreign affairs committee, so I help destabilize different governments around the world.

There is a such thing as Jewish guilt?You've obviously never spoken to a Jewish mother about her Jewish son. :rolleyes:

apothanein kerdos
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:24 PM
If you don't have a problem with anything that sends people to Hell, then it is you who has the problem, and not a little one.

Christianity teaches that we are love our neighbor. That means you are supposed to care if they are headed to Hell.

Well that's why I'm so concerned about your antisemitism Peter.

IPet2_9
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:29 PM
Jew-Jitsu, man. This guy sure is quite the G.I. Joe.

http://www.nogw.com/images/brave_idf_soldier.jpg

apothanein kerdos
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:32 PM

Finger is off the trigger. The angle of the photo makes it look like it's aimed at him, but it's not. For instance, if it where, why is both the child and the young lad next to him relatively calm?

Nice try Hamas...i mean, Peter.

HisLeast
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:33 PM

Cleverly suggesting that Isreali soldier is purposely aiming his rifle at that little boy. Except that's how M-16's are carried. He's actually at ease. See that index finger WAAAAAAAAAAY off the trigger?

diffangle
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:39 PM

Who/what sends people to hell??? It sounds like you believe that someone other than our Creator has power to send people to hell. Who has that power? What are you talking about???

ilovemetal
Oct 4th 2008, 03:05 AM
this thread is pretty much hilarious.

Ta-An
Oct 4th 2008, 11:24 AM
Fenris,

Fenris.... even tho I love him dearly as a brother, displays the feeling of the Jews in general...... a jealousy because we as Christians are actually believing, worshiping and paying reverence to the G_d they claim for themselves. We are celebrating the Feasts of the L_rd, which they believe is only for the Jews, believing in the Word of G_d, they claim to be written only to them... because we claim co-heir-ship with them..... and I suppose, it does make them feel that we are not worthy of such as Christians because we do not live strict lives as they do.... (the grace issue) .... and the Jews are actually responsible of teaching us more about the roots of our faith :D

On the other hand, Fenris has taught me about Christianity things I have overlooked and made me more aware of the awesome G_d we serve. (that is why I have asked him before if he is not a Christian in disguise :D , but he declined. )

ananias
Oct 4th 2008, 11:47 PM

I don't know if this post was replied to later down the thread - but I can't help noticing the blasphemy that accompanies this ignorance. Someone needs prayer - I'll start praying now.

ananias

ananias
Oct 4th 2008, 11:52 PM
Fenris,

P.S. I know I'm not a practicing Jew, but could I come over tonight for Sabbath? I just miss the taste of Gentile blood on the Sabbath.

So.. Jack's giant in Jack and the Beanstalk was Jewish??

HisLeast
Oct 4th 2008, 11:59 PM

Had a bag full of gold and a hen which laid golden eggs didn't he?

ananias
Oct 5th 2008, 12:05 AM

Propaganda works well for those who produce it

ananias
Oct 5th 2008, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananias http://bibleforums.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?p=1812419#post1812419)

Had a bag full of gold and a hen which laid golden eggs didn't he?

And...curls in his sideburns??

ananias
Oct 5th 2008, 12:10 AM
By the way, Fenris, my heart tells me each and every day how the heart of Yeshua yearns for each and every one of His kinsmen

ananias

Fenris
Oct 5th 2008, 03:22 AM
You have a good heart, ananias.

Ta-An
Oct 5th 2008, 10:56 AM
This thread is quite upsetting me :o

menJesus
Oct 5th 2008, 11:46 AM
Horns? That explains Gene Wilder`s big hair! Oh!

daughter
Oct 5th 2008, 12:43 PM
You know, one of my earliest memories is a British soldier poking a gun into my brother's pushchair. I don't as a result hate all British soldiers.

Sheesh.

Could we have the offensive pictures and racial slurs removed from this thread? Please?

Fenris
Oct 5th 2008, 12:53 PM
In an odd moment, Jewish thinkers have noted that the blood libel ("Jews drink gentile blood/use it in passover Matzo/etc") may have had an unexpectedly positive effect of Jewish morale.

There was a time when virtually everyone believed that Jews did in fact ingest gentile blood. So when asked the question, "Is it possible that the Jews are right and everyone else is wrong?" the Jews could respond, "Yes, it is possible. The blood libel makes it possible."

HisLeast
Oct 5th 2008, 03:34 PM
Did I understand this thread wrong? I thought everything was tongue in cheek?

If my jew-jitsu pic offended anyone, I'm really sorry.

apothanein kerdos
Oct 5th 2008, 03:39 PM

If my jew-jitsu pic offended anyone, I'm really sorry.

I thought it was hilarious. It's no different than The Hebrew Hammer - Jews have no problem laughing at themselves, so long as it's not done in a hateful way.

Fenris
Oct 5th 2008, 04:12 PM

If my jew-jitsu pic offended anyone, I'm really sorry.Bro, it's not your post that offended anyone.

Fenris
Oct 5th 2008, 04:14 PM
OK, here's a couple more:

Jews are cowards who are afraid to fight (pre-1948); and
Jews are militants who enjoy murdering/oppressing others. (post-1948)

daughter
Oct 5th 2008, 06:27 PM
It wasn't your post, it was the fact someone took it seriously. Don't worry, I'm all calmed down now.

apothanein kerdos
Oct 5th 2008, 08:45 PM
OK, here's a couple more:

Jews are cowards who are afraid to fight (pre-1948); and
Jews are militants who enjoy murdering/oppressing others. (post-1948)

Someone related:

There was no Holocaust
Hitler was a great man for killing Jews

I've heard one person argue for both...at the same time.

*Hope*
Oct 5th 2008, 08:57 PM
What about the people who say when anyone gets saved that they suddenly become Jews. Haha.

ananias
Oct 6th 2008, 06:44 PM
What about the people who say when anyone gets saved that they suddenly become Jews. Haha.

Inwardly, Hope, inwardly (Yeshua is a Jew). But not ethnically Jewish, like Yeshua.

ananias

apothanein kerdos
Oct 7th 2008, 12:22 AM
Inwardly, Hope, inwardly (Yeshua is a Jew). But not ethnically Jewish, like Yeshua.

ananias

She's just jealous because she's an Italian and the only claim to fame she has is a fallen empire. ;)

Fenris
Oct 7th 2008, 08:29 PM
Hamas has blamed the current economic meltdown on the Jews. Not the Israelis; the Jews.

ananias
Oct 8th 2008, 08:51 PM
Hamas has blamed the current economic meltdown on the Jews. Not the Israelis; the Jews.

They want the world to hate the Jews the way they do.

Nero blamed the Christians when Rome burned. I believe the time for the persecution of the saints in the whole world is coming again, also - and then afterward the nations will turn their attention on "sorting out the Jewish/Israeli problem once and for all".

That's judgment day - just as God destroyed Babylon after He had made an end of using abylon to chastize His nation Israel, so God will destroy the nations when He has made an end of chastizing Israel at the hand of the nations. Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Zechariah - they all prophesied it.

ananias

Richard H
Oct 8th 2008, 10:21 PM
Here’s a strange thing that I believe: J
That out of Judah would come: a Lion who would be a Lamb – making salvation available to all-the world, but ultimately ruling the rebellious nations with an iron rod.

ananias
Oct 8th 2008, 11:43 PM
Here’s a strange thing that I believe: J
That out of Judah would come: a Lion who would be a Lamb – making salvation available to all-the world, but ultimately ruling the rebellious nations with an iron rod.

AMEN! Wonderful truth, Richard, marvelous truth. Praise the God of Avraham, Yitchak and Ya'akov, because the King of Israel - the Lion of the tribe of Judah - is also the Lamb of God who took away the sins of the world! And He is also King of the Universe, the Son who is called "Pele Yo-etz El Gibbor Avi 'Ad Sar-Shalom" (Wonder of a Counselor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace); and "of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this." (Isa.9: 6-7).

Oh man, are those Jew-haters gonna tremble when they fall in front of this Jew on judgment day!

Richard H
Oct 8th 2008, 11:57 PM
Oh man, are those Jew-haters gonna tremble when they fall in front of this Jew on judgment day!
Not an enviable position. <sigh>

"Declare and set forth your case; Indeed, let them consult together. Who has announced this from of old? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, the LORD? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me.
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other.
"I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
"They will say of Me, 'Only in the LORD are righteousness and strength.' Men will come to Him, And all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.
"In the LORD all the offspring of Israel Will be justified and will glory."
Isaiah 45:21-25

Mograce2U
Oct 11th 2008, 04:40 AM
Here's something (http://www.pcahistory.org/documents/anti-semitism.html) - written by Francis Schaeffer - that I find very applicable to some people in this thread. Keep in mind that it was written in 1943.

Not long ago an influential Jew in New York City, the Labor Editor of one of the New York papers, quoted to me a little poem which he said was widely repeated among the Jews of that city. As I have considered this rhyme, I have found it more than an interesting jingle. It speaks wisdom concerning the man who bears the name of Christian and yet is anti-Semitic in his thinking.

"How odd of God to choose the Jew,
But not so odd as those who choose
The Jewish God and hate the Jew."
Odder still is this truth spoken by that Jew who is in view here:

(John 15:23-25) He that hateth me hateth my Father also. {24} If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. {25} But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Was Jesus being anti-Semitic here? The real irony in the jingle above is that the Jews do not love the Lord who died on a cross to redeem them from their sins. So who is the real Jew-hater here? Is it not the one who denies the Holy One of Israel? God chose the Jewish people for a reason - so He could save them thru the Son He sent to redeem them. Yet they reject their own brother, much like their fathers did Moses.

This is not why we revere the OT saints who that article listed - rather we honor them because they believed God and looked forward to Messiah's arrival. This is not true of those who call themselves Jews today.

A people who spent yesterday praying & fasting that God would forgive their sins, and yet reject the One whom He sent to them to do just that, is the real irony at work here. It is not anti-semitic to state the facts, though it may be hard to hear.

(John 3:16-21) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. {17} For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. {18} He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. {19} And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. {20} For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. {21} But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

That world that God so loves, first and foremost includes Israel. Yet they will have nothing to do with His Son. So what love for God do they have? Jesus said they have none.

(Josh 24:15-17) And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. {16} And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods; {17} For the LORD our God, he it is that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went, and among all the people through whom we passed:

The OT saints had the right God in view, which today's Jews have forsaken for their dead traditions instead. And the cross is what forever separates the two.

Fenris
Oct 12th 2008, 12:17 PM
Odder still is this truth spoken by that Jew who is in view here:
What does any of this have to do with my OP?

Mograce2U
Oct 12th 2008, 04:13 PM
What does any of this have to do with my OP?The charges of anti-semitism/ predjudice/ bigotry fails to consider how one makes a right judgment. If we are to know who our enemies are we must also know why. Because Jesus has told us to love (agape) them, ie., show them compassion. But He also said we are not to adopt their ways, ideas and errors - ie., befriend (philelo) them. Had ancient Israel kept this distinction in mind, idolatry would have never been a threat to them.

This is not an easy thing to do, which anyone who has had a Jehovah Witness come to their door can testify. How do you love someone while not letting them seduce you - which is what they came to do? Yet they do this not out of malice necessarily, but because they have believed a lie.

Bigotry and prejudice is in the world because men fear one another. Anti-semitism is a real threat that I am sure all Jews face because all racial prejudice looks only at external things to find an enemy to hate.

Finding an enemy to love however, requires a different means of determining how one is going to approach that person so that the love of God and His grace can be shown to him. Love is therefore the antithesis of hate, as is charity the antithesis of greed. We can thus love all men in order to do them good, though we must choose our friends more carefully.

apothanein kerdos
Oct 12th 2008, 04:23 PM
Good job missing the point. ;)

The point of Schaeffer's article is to explain that though we disagree with the religion Judaism, we don't disagree with the JEWISH PEOPLE.

What Jesus said applies to the religion, not to the people. This is a common mistake (equivocating the Jewish people with the religion...specifically the more orthodox sects) that is the beginning of anti-semitism.

Not saying you're an anti-semite by any stretch, just that the equivocation can often lead to anti-semitism.

Mograce2U
Oct 12th 2008, 04:45 PM
Good job missing the point. ;)

The point of Schaeffer's article is to explain that though we disagree with the religion Judaism, we don't disagree with the JEWISH PEOPLE.

What Jesus said applies to the religion, not to the people. This is a common mistake (equivocating the Jewish people with the religion...specifically the more orthodox sects) that is the beginning of anti-semitism.

Not saying you're an anti-semite by any stretch, just that the equivocation can often lead to anti-semitism.Yet though Schaeffer longs to meet the OT saints in heaven - how is Fenris going to get there? It will not be because of his ties to Abraham, because he is not among the brethren of Christ. He goes to great length to show us the last true Jew birthed in Israel, yet still wants to pass the promise He alone holds onto a people who have no part with Him. Unless you are of the spiritual seed of Jesus, being descended from Abraham is now mute. Because Jesus has no natural children. Schaeffer apparently embraced the same dispensational error we see is so popular today. But Paul was not a dispensationalist, rather he was speaking of a particular generation in Israel alive in that day - not a future people yet to be born. Abraham's seed narrowed down to Jesus specifically, and being that He is alive, no seed has passed from Him to this day. That alone brings Israel as a nation to an end once that generation passed. The buck stopped with Jesus. The promises given to Israel all belong to Him and no one else except those who have their inheritance now in Him. For only the ones He calls, chooses, and justifies will enter into glory.

Fenris
Oct 12th 2008, 06:30 PM
I still don't see how any of this applies to my original post. This thread isn't about Judaism vs Christianity. It's about strange things people believe about Jews. Why have you hijacked it?

Vhayes
Oct 12th 2008, 06:50 PM
Fenris, this is a guess on my part and I am in no way saying I agree with it but my guess would be Hamas based their statement on the "fact" there is a disproportionate number of Jewish bankers across the world in comparison to other ethnicities.

Richard H
Oct 12th 2008, 07:22 PM
How about... Their "side burn hair" is actually attached to their hats?

OK, I just made that one up. ;)

Fenris
Oct 12th 2008, 07:47 PM
Fenris, this is a guess on my part and I am in no way saying I agree with it but my guess would be Hamas based their statement on the "fact" there is a disproportionate number of Jewish bankers across the world in comparison to other ethnicities.
Ah.

So when the economy is going well does Hamas thank those Jewish bankers?

Vhayes
Oct 12th 2008, 07:48 PM
Ah.

So when the economy is going well does Hamas thank those Jewish bankers?
As I said, Fenris, I am not agreeing. I thought you were asking for clarification as to why they said Jews and not Israelis.

Fenris
Oct 12th 2008, 08:08 PM
As I said, Fenris, I am not agreeing. I thought you were asking for clarification as to why they said Jews and not Israelis.I don't need clarification. The reason why they said 'Jews' and not 'Israelis' is because they hate Jews, not Israelis.

apothanein kerdos
Oct 12th 2008, 10:45 PM
I still don't see how any of this applies to my original post. This thread isn't about Judaism vs Christianity. It's about strange things people believe about Jews. Why have you hijacked it?

Because it's easier to hide antisemitism if you say, "Oh, but they're going to Hell."

Of course, Christians who do this focus on one or two passages and ignore the plethora of passages saying the Jews are still chosen.

Yes, Jews without Christ are under judgment - but no Christian argues that.

gringo300
Nov 14th 2012, 04:39 AM
It's come to my attention that even today when people should know better there are some strange ideas about Jews circulating. So let's throw them all in one post here, so we can sit back and laugh at how silly some people are.

I'll start: Jews have horns. That's why we wear hats! :lol:

I'd read somewhere that one or more people saw a picture of Moses with a halo and misinterpreted the halo as a pair of horns.

I'm kind of unclear on how one mistakes a halo for a pair of horns.

Maybe really bad eyesight?

jesse
Nov 14th 2012, 04:52 AM
Jews make all the t.v shows... oh wait....

gringo300
Nov 14th 2012, 04:55 AM
Jews make all the t.v shows... oh wait....

Haven't you ever heard that Seinfeld was written by Jews?

jesse
Nov 14th 2012, 04:58 AM
Jewish men get periods. (haven't seen this one in a while, but it was big in the middle ages!)

I think you mean the French.

jesse
Nov 14th 2012, 04:59 AM
Throw the jew... down the well.... brings... good luck. (said in Borat voice)

jesse
Nov 14th 2012, 05:43 AM
I understand, Fenris, that as a Jew you must feel like the whole world is against you at times or that many, at least, have silly preconceived notions about you. I assume that is the reason you started this thread... some way to let off steam on the issue. As a Christian I feel the same way a lot. Often when talking about homosexuality as being wrong I seem to be purposefully misunderstood. It is assumed that I hate gay people or that am Homophobic. Which isn't true.

The other day I was reading a book by Charles H. Mackintosh and my friend asked who the book way authored by. I told him and he asked "what did he do?" So I read the introduction on the author. There was the line "We believe that the art of printing was designed, by a gracious Providence, as a powerful engine for the diffusion of scriptural knowledge; but we cannot shut our eyes to the startling fact that the enemy is making diligent use of that very art, for the purpose of corrupting, in all directions, the springs of thought and feeling." My friend looked at me and asked "Who is the enemy? Satan or Muslims?" I was kind of shocked he would ask but on some level it is an obvious question. Not because the bible is against Muslims of course; but because that is the way society views things thanks to whomever (I guess the jews ha ha) is behind the media and pop culture.

There are a great many preconceived notions about Christians I guess, as well as Jews. It is annoying.

One of my friends has Jewish grandparents, and when he saw the movie The Passion of the Christ his Grandfather asked him if he hated Jewish people now... I am not 100% sure what that was about... but I suppose it fits into the same category.

Anyways, I don't know what I am getting at but I guess I kind of think I can relate and it is good you are around to help lay these myths aside.

rejoice44
Nov 14th 2012, 02:44 PM
I love Jews, there is no greater nation.

-SEEKING-
Nov 14th 2012, 03:32 PM
FOUR YEARS LATER!!!!!!

rejoice44
Nov 14th 2012, 05:03 PM
FOUR YEARS LATER!!!!!!

Yes, Fenris is an old friend.

-SEEKING-
Nov 14th 2012, 05:05 PM
Yes, Fenris is an old friend.

Actually he's pretty young. :P

Fenris
Nov 14th 2012, 05:09 PM

But just look at that beard!

rejoice44
Nov 14th 2012, 05:15 PM

Age is relative. The old is in reference to the length of time of knowing him. Two yeas can be a lifetime.

Fenris
Nov 14th 2012, 05:18 PM
Age is relative. The old is in reference to the length of time of knowing him.
Somehow over the time we've all been chatting and debating and such, friendships grew.

rejoice44
Nov 14th 2012, 05:20 PM
Somehow over the time we've all been chatting and debating and such, friendships grew.

Don't always agree with you Fenris, but I respect your knowledge and grace.

Fenris
Nov 14th 2012, 05:55 PM
Don't always agree with you Fenris, but I respect your knowledge and grace.
And I, your service to the community and your faith in God. :)

tango
Nov 14th 2012, 07:13 PM
I love Jews, there is no greater nation.

I love Jews too, I just don't know if I could eat a whole one :P

Fenris
Nov 14th 2012, 07:24 PM
Reminds me of the joke where a rude waiter tells a Jewish customer "we don't serve Jews here" and the customer replies "That's ok, I don't eat Jews..."

Diggindeeper
Nov 14th 2012, 07:46 PM
Jews don't eat bacon!

Oh wait. This thread is about 'Strange things people believe about Jews'.

ChristianCoffee
Nov 14th 2012, 09:55 PM
I love Jews too, I just don't know if I could eat a whole one :P

I could: just slow roast them over an open fire.......:hmm:

with coffee, of course. Jews taste good with a strong, dark Arabaic blended coffee....:rofl:

Diggindeeper
Nov 14th 2012, 10:15 PM

with coffee, of course. Jews taste good with a strong, dark Arabaic blended coffee....:rofl:

And bacon?.....

ewq1938
Nov 14th 2012, 11:04 PM

This type of reference might offend Jews due to the atrocities that have occurred.

Diggindeeper
Nov 15th 2012, 06:01 AM
The Jewish people really do have a horribly sad history. Its a thousand wonders there are still any of them left.

Fenris
Nov 15th 2012, 05:22 PM
The Jewish people really do have a horribly sad history.Many sad events have happened in Jewish history. But we should not let that define Jewish history. I prefer to see it as a small but determined people, carrying out their mission from Above against all odds.

Its a thousand wonders there are still any of them left.Jewish survival is indeed a miracle.

ContractKeeper
Nov 16th 2012, 12:02 AM
Who thinks this is strange to say ?

Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet and they will learn that I have loved you.

Fenris
Nov 16th 2012, 01:44 PM
synagogue of Satan

That's my synagogue. We have pentagrams on the floor and an idol of satan up front and we chant spooky hymns and do satan's bidding in this world.

Thread title: Strange things people believe about Jews

ContractKeeper
Nov 16th 2012, 07:31 PM

Jesus said this and John penned it, so I am pretty sure they both believed it, Fenris...
Oh and by the way: Both Jesus and John were real people.

RE:

Who thinks this is strange to say ?

Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet and they will learn that I have loved you.

divaD
Nov 16th 2012, 08:05 PM
Jesus said this and John penned it, so I am pretty sure they both believed it, Fenris...

RE:

Have you ever compared that to Isaiah 60:14?

Isaiah 60:14 The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.

Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

If there is a connection here, it seems them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, these would be the sons also of them that afflicted thee, and all they that despised thee. IMO, I'm thinking this could be connected to Matthew 23 for one. Those would be of the ones that did the afflicting. That is, if there is a connection between Isaiah 60:14 and Revelation 3:9.

ContractKeeper
Nov 16th 2012, 11:56 PM
Have you ever compared that to Isaiah 60:14?

Isaiah 60:14 The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.

Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

If there is a connection here, it seems them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, these would be the sons also of them that afflicted thee, and all they that despised thee. IMO, I'm thinking this could be connected to Matthew 23 for one. Those would be of the ones that did the afflicting. That is, if there is a connection between Isaiah 60:14 and Revelation 3:9. Hi again divaD,

Although that is to me an interesting subject to look into (I hope you would create a thread on that subject), I think we both should honor Fenris's persistent plea here on this thread that he created.
ie/eg:

God bless.
John 4:1 Worship in Spirit.

Fenris
Nov 18th 2012, 04:02 PM
Oh and by the way: Both Jesus and John were real people

Has anyone suggested otherwise?

Hannah
Nov 18th 2012, 05:36 PM
That's my synagogue. We have pentagrams on the floor and an idol of satan up front and we chant spooky hymns and do satan's bidding in this world.

The Catholic Church spread a lot of false rumours against Jews a few hundred years ago, which some people still believe to varying degrees.

Then there is the Protocol of the Elders of Zion which is known to be a plagiary, yet you can see it quoted on lots of sites you might end up on my chance, like Stormfront. Millions of people believe this nonsense.

Lately, at least in Europe, there is a LOT of talk against circumcision. It has even been BANNED in Germany, due to the fact that some muslims messed up the circumcision of a child that was about 4 years old (Clowns! That is out of order! They should have done it when the child was in the first month, or not not at all. But it's insane and very shocking that it should be banned - what about freedom of religion?)
Also, certain groups on Africa's horn mutilate young girls when they reach puberty to make sure that they cannot enjoy sex. It's emerged that Somali immigrants/refugees send their girls back there to have it done (and that is the country they had to "flee" from, mind you" - but they send their daughters back un-accompanied, using their benefits money, to some bush doctor for mutilation! No wonder people don't like them!)

This too has coloured the debate and it is now affecting the situation for Jews.
Several other countries are thinking of also banning circumcision.

A collegue of mine in Sweden was Jewish and we got talking about Jewish stuff, since I have some Jewish family and plenty of friends in the Jewish community in Stockholm. So we have mutual friends. His kid was a few months old at the time and I asked him if they'd had a Bris (circumcision). He looked horrified and said he was not going to have his son "mutilated".

I said something polite, but thought "this kid won't be Jewish, more or less". This colleague of mine had been so brainwashed by PC media that he turned his back on 3000 years of history and his own religion. Pathetic!! Even in the USSR, as far as I heard, most Jewish people had their babies circumcised despite the state slagging off the practice and trying to discourage people. But they did not let themselves get bullied. I hope the Jewish community in Germany will take a stand against this because it is totally outrageous. One would think Germany of all countries would think to be a bit more sensitive. Daily Mail on German ban of Circumcision (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165431/Religious-groups-outraged-German-court-rules-circumcision-amounts-bodily-harm.html)

Same with banning of kosher butchery which several European countries say is cruelty against animals, so that kosher meat has to be shipped across the continent completely unnecessarily, and Jewish people can't buy fresh meat.

How people can blame Jews politically I fail to see, when there are plenty of Jews on both sides of the political spectrum, as well as in plenty of radical groups and the environmental movements. Jews are simply rather intellectual people, that is all.
As for a financial conspiracy, I believe it is nonsense and that the Jewish dominance of banking can be explained by historical and sociological factors, not a conspiracy.

There is one thing I actually DO blame Jews for, to an extend though, and that is the "multi-cultural" trend that's lead to excessive immigration and reception of refugees in Europe. If you look at the names of the main proponents of this type of politics in Northern Europe at least, it's amazing how most of them have Jewish surnames, including a relative of mine who is a hardcore left wing supporter and multikulti fan of enormous proportions. The more exotic and different the better. If someone wants to walk around in a small camouflage coloured tent on the street (somali women), or a skirt that is specially designed for storing shoplifted goods (gypsies) then bring it on, what charming and enriching culture, he thinks. Never mind the fact that everyone else has to support them and they refuse to make the slightest effort to adapt. The Jews are such a tiny proportion, so it is very strange indeed how they completely dominate media in Scandinavia, own it, and write it. I don't like this but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a conscious conspiracy, just a rather unfortunate situation.

Fenris
Nov 19th 2012, 01:29 AM
There is one thing I actually DO blame Jews for, to an extend though, and that is the "multi-cultural" trend that's lead to excessive immigration and reception of refugees in Europe. If you look at the names of the main proponents of this type of politics in Northern Europe at least, it's amazing how most of them have Jewish surnames, including a relative of mine who is a hardcore left wing supporter and multikulti fan of enormous proportions.
Sweden has 9.4 million citizens. Maybe 20,000 are Jewish. That's about 2/10 of 1%. They really have that much power? Or is a post-Holocaust Europe trying to prove that they're not racist by letting in every minority who wishes to immigrate? Just thinking aloud...

Hannah
Nov 19th 2012, 02:08 AM
Sweden has 9.4 million citizens. Maybe 20,000 are Jewish. That's about 2/10 of 1%. They really have that much power? Or is a post-Holocaust Europe trying to prove that they're not racist by letting in every minority who wishes to immigrate? Just thinking aloud...

Yes, they (we, to some degree, I am ethnically half Jewish) have a lot of influence.
It's the Jews that immigrated from the German speaking world in the 19th century that really got ahead in the world. They had the right language skills and were very sophisticated for the location and times - and they brought some money and had lots of contacts. For various reasons several got into the media business, others in trade and banking.

You can't even imagine what an antisemitic extravaganza the neo-nazis & co have with this media situation, and interestingly it can't be denied that this Jewish owned media is pushing a very wacky agenda. Not something you would agree with, it's traditionally been much more left, although that's changed during the last decade. The thing about papers in Sweden is that they all have the same uber-PC opinions about everything, no variety, it's not at all like in the UK, for instance where there is more variety. The number one point is "multiculturalism". But these Jewish families are NOT practicing Jews, they are completely secular which knocks the edge of the conspiracy theory. Also they don't support Israel in the least, quite the opposite. They don't marry Jews anymore either.

But your point about Post holocaust Europe is very valid.
Sweden was not in the war, and many had a very high view of Germany and German ideals long before the Nazis. They were what the US is today. Not to mention the fact that we were essentially at the top of the racial hierarchy that nazism promoted. Sweden hardly let in any Jews to escape persecution, apart from those from Norway and Denmark. A few Swedish Jews managed to bring their relatives. Only when the war was practically won, a very select group was fetched by a royal person and by the hero Raoul Wallenberg (this family is Sweden's richest and are Jews turned Christians for respectability). Sweden could have saved a million people, no problem. But for various reasons, this was not done. Switzerland took the same position though, and also escaped the war unharmed. But those were different times.

It's no chance that Germany and Sweden are those European countries were immigration has gone completely out of hands. In Switzerland, there has to be a referendum about things like this, and the people turn down everything multicultural or anything other than sensible work immigration. But in Sweden, once a party is in power, the politicians decide. Yes, it is guilt and in the case of Sweden also ideology of the social democrats who ruled for 40 years after the war.

Immigration of non-Europeans is essentially a big and very expensive and destructive fiasco and any discussion of this is banned from media. This is a bomb waiting to explode. The people have been over-run by ideology crazed politicians and media with their own agenda. Anders Behring Breivik in Norway was a symptom of this situation. I just hope and pray that the situation can be contained before there is a repeat of what he did. There is a sort of a national internet forum for just about everything, in Sweden. Breivik is a bit of a hero to quite a few otherwise normal people there. Something is very, vary wrong. Protecting fellow Europeans as during the war, is completely different from allowing people who claim to be refugees and are often found lying about nationality and just about everything they say, unable to read or write and fanatical moslems who have to be supported by society for an average of 8 years before they even get their first job. And that's not even mentioning what happens to their (many!) children. This is a bomb waiting to explode and it's practically criminal of media to refuse to have a discussion about it and report the facts.

Fenris
Nov 19th 2012, 06:11 PM
Yinterestingly it can't be denied that this Jewish owned media is pushing a very wacky agenda.
Do Jews really own most of the media in Sweden? And even if they did, since when does the media set immigration policy? Doesn't Sweden have a government that sets those rules?

Immigration of non-Europeans is essentially a big and very expensive and destructive fiasco No argument. It's going to be ugly when the bill comes due.

Christinme
Nov 19th 2012, 08:02 PM

And they were also Jews ...

Fenris
Nov 19th 2012, 08:12 PM
And they were also Jews ...

So was Karl Marx and Jerry Siegel. What's your point?

Christinme
Nov 19th 2012, 08:20 PM
So was Karl Marx and Jerry Siegel. What's your point?Just noting that Jesus and John were Jews ...

But to say something towards the OP ... We can't say anything about any group of people because no matter what their nationality or their religion the ethics of a class of people are not the same ... So we can't really say anything about a "group" of people ... there is diversity in any group.

Fenris
Nov 19th 2012, 08:22 PM
Just noting that Jesus and John were Jews ...No one has said otherwise.

But to say something towards the OP ... We can't say anything about any group of people because no matter what their nationality or their religion the ethics of a class of people are not the same ... So we can't really say anything about a "group" of people ... there is diversity in any group.That's true. It doesn't change the fact that some people believe strange things about Jews.

Christinme
Nov 19th 2012, 08:29 PM
So have you heard the one about that they have long noses ...

Fenris
Nov 19th 2012, 08:35 PM
So have you heard the one about that they have long noses ...
I don't think that's been mentioned yet. Good one! :)

Vhayes
Nov 19th 2012, 08:37 PM
All Jews keep their gold in secret hiding places in the walls of their homes.

Of course that means that some people believe that all Jews have caches of gold...

Fenris
Nov 19th 2012, 08:39 PM
Of course that means that some people believe that all Jews have caches of gold...

Another good one! Was mentioned on a "South Park" episode too.

Vhayes
Nov 19th 2012, 08:49 PM
Another good one! Was mentioned on a "South Park" episode too.

I have joked woth Jewish friends of mine about their "Jew Gold".

Fenris
Nov 19th 2012, 08:52 PM
I found the "South Park" clip but it has bad language.... so...

divaD
Nov 19th 2012, 09:10 PM
All Jews keep their gold in secret hiding places in the walls of their homes.

Hmmm...I wonder where Fenris lives? I wouldn't mind remodeling his home for him...maybe tear out a few walls and replace them..that kind of thing.

Fenris
Nov 19th 2012, 09:18 PM
Hmmm...I wonder where Fenris lives? I wouldn't mind remodeling his home for him...maybe tear out a few walls and replace them..that kind of thing.

I've got some beams under my house that could stand to be replaced, while you're at it. :)

divaD
Nov 19th 2012, 09:27 PM
I've got some beams under my house that could stand to be replaced, while you're at it. :)

Can I start on replacing the walls first tho? I hope you do realize if I find all of that gold first, I'll likely never get around to those beams under the house unfortunately. :)

Fenris
Nov 19th 2012, 09:28 PM
Can I start on replacing the walls first tho? I hope you do realize if I find all of that gold first, I'll likely never get around to those beams under the house unfortunately. :)Then you will be replacing those beams. Yeah! :pp

tango
Nov 22nd 2012, 02:27 PM

Did that skunk you mentioned some while back ever leave? I'm starting to wonder if he was really such an uninvited guest, maybe he was there to guard the Joo-gold?

Fenris
Nov 22nd 2012, 02:56 PM
The smelly thing is gone, thank God. I wouldn't hide my gold under there anyway. All muddy and full of bugs....err, if I had any gold, of course...

gringo300
Nov 28th 2012, 06:06 AM
Are you sure that isn't OIL in the walls?

Liquid Tension
Nov 30th 2012, 10:23 PM
FOUR YEARS LATER!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jesusislord
Dec 1st 2012, 03:43 AM
More like, strange things that TAUGHT to people about jews.
But that goes for any subject matter.
THat's because, IT DOESN'T MATTER.

MARK 12:29-31