PDA

View Full Version : Time Is Short

immortality
Oct 3rd 2008, 09:36 PM
to some, the title of this thread may sound absolutely preposterous. for others, it is a reality.

it's obvious god is currently opening many christians' eyes concerning the coming times.

i have become convinced that very soon, most likely in the next weeks, we will begin to see the beginning stages of the end of the age.

the next terrorist attack in america looks to be this catalyst. the implementation of martial law would consequently be implemented. most likely, this will lead to the next world war (gog-magog).

here is a video which seems to suggest the american government is preparing for the coming events: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvVAKx8E_r4

sometimes i want to just go up to people and shake them, in hopes of awakening them from their spiritual slumber.

this world is about to take quite a turn - much sooner than any of us could imagine.

if the holy spirit hasn't opened your eyes to this reality, and is not currently "leading you into all truth, and showing you things to come", then perhaps you need to submit yourself in humility and reverence before the king of this universe during this period of what could be compared to as the calm before the storm.

time is truly short.

markedward
Oct 3rd 2008, 10:04 PM
So... how short is "truly short"? Because... there's over a dozen NT verses that claimed the people living in the first century would "shortly" see the end-times roll around.

If 2000 years is "short", then try not to be surprised if I would then say "truly short" is 1000 years.

livingword26
Oct 3rd 2008, 10:48 PM
2Pe 3:2-4
(2) That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Savior:
(3) Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
(4) And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

HisLeast
Oct 3rd 2008, 10:57 PM
sometimes i want to just go up to people and shake them, in hopes of awakening them from their spiritual slumber.

Well, if we ever cross paths, save your shaking. Last person who tried to "shake me" and "wake me up" about the end times has "special revelation" that Russia and the US were going to have a nuclear conflict. It was the 1980's, and if you didn't believe Russia was the beast, and communism the mark then you were a filthy heretic.

Quick question: does being unsure about the end times mean one is in a spiritual slumber? Fantastic... I'll stop my charitable efforts, and righteous living so I can dedicate every waking moment to jamming current events into the text of revelation.

teddyv
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:08 PM
Well, if we ever cross paths, save your shaking. Last person who tried to "shake me" and "wake me up" about the end times has "special revelation" that Russia and the US were going to have a nuclear conflict. It was the 1980's, and if you didn't believe Russia was the beast, and communism the mark then you were a filthy heretic.

Quick question: does being unsure about the end times mean one is in a spiritual slumber? Fantastic... I'll stop my charitable efforts, and righteous living so I can dedicate every waking moment to jamming current events into the text of revelation.
Nice new avatar, HisLeast.:)

HisLeast
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:11 PM
Nice new avatar, HisLeast.:)

Suits my mood nicely I think.

aceinthehouse
Oct 3rd 2008, 11:45 PM
to some, the title of this thread may sound absolutely preposterous. for others, it is a reality.

it's obvious god is currently opening many christians' eyes concerning the coming times.

i have become convinced that very soon, most likely in the next weeks, we will begin to see the beginning stages of the end of the age.

the next terrorist attack in america looks to be this catalyst. the implementation of martial law would consequently be implemented. most likely, this will lead to the next world war (gog-magog).

here is a video which seems to suggest the american government is preparing for the coming events: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvVAKx8E_r4

this world is about to take quite a turn - much sooner than any of us could imagine.

if the holy spirit hasn't opened your eyes to this reality, and is not currently "leading you into all truth, and showing you things to come", then perhaps you need to submit yourself in humility and reverence before the king of this universe during this period of what could be compared to as the calm before the storm.

time is truly short.

I agree with you Immortality...

I too,believe we are weeks,or months away from beginning of his return(2nd)...

You won't have to shake me and wake me up buddy,cause I will be right there next to ya....

I won't make predictions cause that makes threads disappear and I won't set timelines cause it does the same as I know....But what I will say,is I believe we are VERY close....

I won't make AC threads cause I "might" have a pretty good idea who that is already...(but I will keep my eyes open)and that isn't well talked about around here apparently...but that's ok

You have the National ID cards coming out in 09'(in May)You have the mandatory TV cable provider thingy going on as well for 09(feb)and then you have the inaugeration of Obama(when he wins) in early 09' as well....

I truly believe that 08' might be the last of "normal"daily lives we are all accustomed too...

But that doesn't mean we are not in for some major changes as well during this year with the economy and so on...There could always be war or terrorism...or even martial law

immortality,Not sure what God has in place for us or what we are supposed to do.....but there is a reason we feel the way we do!

and it's not because we are nuts or crazy either....:saint:

I'm just a huge Redskins fan that looks forward to September every year for my Redskins to play football....I don't dwell in End times prophesy,but something told me to register here...as you will all know I am a NEW member!Been here what...a month maybe?

I'm just hoping my Redskins can squeeze in a superbowl real quick before it all goes down.lol:bounce:

Been watching football all my life and played all my life.....Watched every superbowl since I was 5 years old as I was a Redskins fan as well then....

I'm 35 now and we are on SB 43 this next one!

I don't think we have a bunch more SB's, as many probably assume we do...:mad:

So I'm taking a special interest in watching this season like a hawk,cause I know in my heart time is running out....(I used to coach football as well by the way)

Sorry for getting off topic here...Thought I would give you all, a piece of who I really am and what I love...

God bless....:pray:

quiet dove
Oct 4th 2008, 01:56 AM

You must be feeling sarcastic then?

HisLeast
Oct 4th 2008, 01:59 AM
You must be feeling sarcastic then?
No.
(15 characters)

quiet dove
Oct 4th 2008, 02:04 AM
No.
(15 characters)

I just asked because of your previous post, meant no harm. :P

moonglow
Oct 4th 2008, 02:27 AM
I just asked because of your previous post, meant no harm. :P

I think he feels like exploding over some of these posts on the board lately...kind of how I am feeling too! :rolleyes:

God bless

Mograce2U
Oct 4th 2008, 02:55 AM
So... how short is "truly short"? Because... there's over a dozen NT verses that claimed the people living in the first century would "shortly" see the end-times roll around.

If 2000 years is "short", then try not to be surprised if I would then say "truly short" is 1000 years.You are just too quick! :lol:

markedward
Oct 4th 2008, 03:43 AM
Sorry, I was just strolling on through and the title of the thread is one of many that often catch my attention. And I've had a splitting headache for the last couple of days, so I kept it short and to the point.

wombat
Oct 4th 2008, 04:07 AM
it's obvious god is currently opening many christians' eyes concerning the coming times. i have become convinced that very soon, most likely in the next weeks, we will begin to see the beginning stages of the end of the age. this world is about to take quite a turn - much sooner than any of us could imagine. time is truly short.
Hi, Immortality! I have to say that I have been increasingly getting this same feeling. Day by day by day brings a new sense of urgency to all the things God is laying on my heart to accomplish for Him, as well as an indescribable joy as I wait for our Lord, an intensified desire to spend time in prayer, and a greater courage and calm as I witness for Him. I believe His return is just a hair's breadth away, and I expect world events to rush forward in preparation for that day. I'll be watching and studying the signs with you as the days go by, God willing!

wombat
Oct 4th 2008, 04:28 AM
Hi, HisLeast! No need to stop giving and living righteously for God in order to study prophecy--Christians can be multitaskers! :hug: Those of us who have a passion for studying prophecy would likely be very quick to point out that it doesn't take away from our other aspects of Christian service or devotion to God. In fact, it enhances it in a very special way, giving us a sense of urgency to serve Him in our giving and our witnessing and our praying and our living a godly life.

RevLogos
Oct 4th 2008, 03:02 PM

I noted your avatar change too. I must say my own mood has changed also. I think it came the day after the VP debate but it has been forming ever since this financial crisis blew up.

Palin said the cause of the crisis was greed on Wall Street. All of the reading I have done points to Congressional social engineering and corruption. If Palin and McCain were true “mavericks” she would have pointed directly to congress; she would have pointed out the gobs of money being given to congressional leaders by Fannie; she would have pointed to government regulation that required expansion of subprime loans.

By pointing to Wall Street greed, she gave Biden a perfect opportunity to blame Republicans for opposing regulation when the root cause is the opposite: too much interference from Congress. Palin did this on purpose, but why?

I am convinced that the whole congressional system is a swirling cesspool of corruption. And it’s going to take the country down. The mainstream press is complicit. The few voices of reason go unheard. The decline and fall of the USA will be caused by both parties, each contributing in their different ways in different times.

Is this some vast conspiracy that transcends political parties? The illuminati? The skull & bones? The trilateral commission? Soros? The Foundation? Space aliens?

Or,

Is it….

GOD.

Mograce2U
Oct 4th 2008, 03:14 PM
(Mat 24:32-34) Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: {33} So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. {34} Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

(Mark 13:29-30) So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors. {30} Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

(Luke 21:20) And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

I don't think that the events we see in the world today are any indication that time is running short. And history concurs that there have been many grievious trials which the saints faced in the past and yet the world did not come to its end then either. So when scripture speaks of end times and last days, why do we think this is speaking of the end of the physical world as we know it when these things were specific to the generation that would witness the signs spoken of?

It seems to me that we first ought to determine how those signs were fulfilled before we try and speculate on what it means to us in our day. Prophecy and speculation do not go together, else there would be no reason to warn a generation that was going to experience these things at all! Revelation was to give knowledge to the people of what God was about to do so they could be prepared and remain faithful.

The Exodus from Egypt and the promise of return from the Babylon captivity were able to sustain the people for many generations for their hope in God who glorified Himself in those events. This knowledge of the glory of the Lord to perform His prophetic word is also able to sustain us in any trial we might face. That is the lesson that 70AD brought to light which glorified the Lord Jesus Christ according to His word about it.

Lorren
Oct 4th 2008, 04:24 PM
I think that the time is short... but I couldn't tell you whether it would be weeks or months or years or... instantaneously.

America is not a force to be reckoned with in the last days. Many of the recent events could possibly lead to the collapse of America as a world power. Not pretty for us, but it does advance the prophetic timeline.

Russia and Iran and Venezuela and China are starting to ally themselves together against us. While Venezuela isn't really recognizable in prophecy, Russia, Iran, and China are known to go together against Israel in prophecy. This is a piece of the puzzle that wasn't formed several years ago, but today it is there.

Christians are being persecuted all over the world, in more and more places. Europe is being overrun with Moslems. The technology for the world government just gets better and better, and more acceptable in the eyes of many. People are looking for some security. They're looking for a leader. The Israelites are putting together their system for temple sacrifices. More puzzle pieces.

We could be going today. Or next week. But, if God chooses to be merciful and has us stick around a little longer, we'll see more puzzle pieces.

Now, when I say God leaving us here is merciful, it is not mercy for us Christians. He is being merciful to the lost to leave us here. While we are still here, we have the ability to pray for our unsaved loved ones, we can tell people about God, we can pass out tracts and do God's work. When we leave, there will still be people getting saved, but they will feel God's wrath as well. For him to restrain Himself a little longer, he is being merciful.

My prayer for this election, is that whoever gets elected will be the one who in the long run, would lead to more people getting saved. God knows the final outcome. He knows what will be happening until the end. I know who I want, but God knows what needs to be done for people to turn to him. It may involve suffering, but one day we'll be gone and suffering will be gone forever along with it.

Roelof
Oct 4th 2008, 07:30 PM
http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?p=1812143&postcount=736

markedward
Oct 4th 2008, 07:50 PM
While Venezuela isn't really recognizable in prophecy, Russia, Iran, and China are known to go together against Israel in prophecy.Who says it's "known"? Bible teachers or the Bible itself? For a few years about a century ago, it was "known" that Germany and Italy and Japan were the ones found in prophecy. Times changed, now it's Russia and China (and Iran, I suppose?).

What I'm saying is, people cannot claim it is "known" that such-and-such countries are found in prophecy if you don't really know.

moonglow
Oct 4th 2008, 08:14 PM
I noted your avatar change too. I must say my own mood has changed also. I think it came the day after the VP debate but it has been forming ever since this financial crisis blew up.

Palin said the cause of the crisis was greed on Wall Street. All of the reading I have done points to Congressional social engineering and corruption. If Palin and McCain were true “mavericks” she would have pointed directly to congress; she would have pointed out the gobs of money being given to congressional leaders by Fannie; she would have pointed to government regulation that required expansion of subprime loans.

By pointing to Wall Street greed, she gave Biden a perfect opportunity to blame Republicans for opposing regulation when the root cause is the opposite: too much interference from Congress. Palin did this on purpose, but why?

I am convinced that the whole congressional system is a swirling cesspool of corruption. And it’s going to take the country down. The mainstream press is complicit. The few voices of reason go unheard. The decline and fall of the USA will be caused by both parties, each contributing in their different ways in different times.

Is this some vast conspiracy that transcends political parties? The illuminati? The skull & bones? The trilateral commission? Soros? The Foundation? Space aliens?

Or,

Is it….

GOD.

I agree its totally corruption...I don't plan on voting at all this election. It'll be the first time in many years I didn't. I have no hope left in our government regardless of who is in office. God is in charge anyway! So I am just leaving it all in His hands.

God bless

HisLeast
Oct 4th 2008, 08:19 PM

Or,

Is it….

GOD.

Or more simply she just thought she could get more mileage from voters by blaming corporate greed than blaming the Democratic party. Unfortunately, with about a minute to answer the questions you can't point out that the financial crisis has more players in it than a truckload of Players cigarettes. In that amount of time the public expects you to blame ONE person. She rolled the dice and pinned the blame on corporate greed.

Doesn't make it a conspiracy.

Mograce2U
Oct 4th 2008, 09:08 PM
I agree its totally corruption...I don't plan on voting at all this election. It'll be the first time in many years I didn't. I have no hope left in our government regardless of who is in office. God is in charge anyway! So I am just leaving it all in His hands.

God blessAnd yet in the Republic in which we stand we have a duty to have that government actually represent the people - who we be. All authority is given by God and yet when wicked men rule the nation trembles. And I have no problem knowing my hope is not in the USA whoever runs it; but whether or not I can live here in peace is dependent upon how wicked the system is allowed to get.

Grieve over wickedness, pray for righteousness and go vote! BECAUSE we know God hears and answers the prayers of His people and He alone is able to make the needed changes, regardless of the plans of men to do evil. The One who holds the power of Life also holds the power of death - which is the great equalizer in this world.

moonglow
Oct 4th 2008, 09:12 PM
And yet in the Republic in which we stand we have a duty to have that government actually represent the people - who we be. All authority is given by God and yet when wicked men rule the nation trembles. And I have no problem knowing my hope is not in the USA whoever runs it; but whether or not I can live here in peace is dependent upon how wicked the system is allowed to get.

Grieve over wickedness, pray for righteousness and go vote!

There is no righteous to vote for...that it the problem.

Plus I find nothing in the bible about us even getting involved in politics. Jesus said, give to Rome what is Romes and to God what is God's.

Everything belongs to God...:lol:

Mograce2U
Oct 4th 2008, 09:16 PM
There is no righteous to vote for...that it the problem.

Plus I find nothing in the bible about us even getting involved in politics. Jesus said, give to Rome what is Romes and to God what is God's.

Everything belongs to God...:lol:We don't vote for righteousness we pray for it. I tend to look upon voting as picking the lesser of two evils. Who says we are to trust men? Certainly not God...

dan
Oct 7th 2008, 03:41 AM

time is truly short.

...If anything will happen before Iran acquires the "bomb". I think probably not.

REV 6:4 And there went out another horse [that was] red: and [power] was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

The Second Seal has yet to be opened! There's still time.

Merton
Oct 7th 2008, 04:36 AM
...If anything will happen before Iran acquires the "bomb". I think probably not.

REV 6:4 And there went out another horse [that was] red: and [power] was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

The Second Seal has yet to be opened! There's still time.

Sorry, but it has been opened.

Conquoring the world by deception ( wordly riches with the false gospel, and false prophecy 2 Cor.ch 11.) has for the most part been successful over the years and now the Esaus (red) have more recently turned to military force to accomplish their goals but now that has caused monetary problems because there is not enough money to support the greed as in former times.

(False prophecy has given justification to the invaders of the middle east by both Esau parties)

This places people in the dangerous position of the masses having to pay for the extravagances of the rich, and the rich control the government and its civil and miliary powers.

Many will rebel and be branded as being the cause of the unrest.

(Seal 4)

BTW Christs Kingdom does not come shortly, but comes quickly. Check the word out, Christ will place satan under the saint's feet quickly, not shortly, whereas Paul did do things shortly which is a slightly different word.

Merton.

My heart's Desire
Oct 7th 2008, 06:00 AM
Someone I know today was worried about the end soon, (a non-Christian) and I told them it was at the very least 7 yrs away and probably alot more than that! We do not know.
But... I had the feeling at least 30 years ago and it's alot stronger now. Something in my heart says so.

Partaker of Christ
Oct 7th 2008, 01:55 PM
We don't vote for righteousness we pray for it. I tend to look upon voting as picking the lesser of two evils. Who says we are to trust men? Certainly not God...

But you will still be picking an evil.

Semi-tortured
Oct 7th 2008, 04:21 PM
Car crash
Bear mauling
Lightning Strike
Brain Tumor
Martyr
Lion attack
8.8 Earthquake
Swarm of Killer Bees
Cat. 5 Hurricane
Slipping while stepping out of the shower
Plane crash
Nuclear Bomb
Burglar breaking into your home
Home burning down
Stroke
Shark Attack
Out of control car drives onto sidewalk
Faulty parachute
Clumsy friend releases bowling ball on the backswing
Complications from pneumonia
Stomach Cancer
Train Derailing
Losing your balance at the Grand Canyon
Heat Stroke
Rotten Fish
Anthrax attach
Heart Attack
Woman doing her makeup in the car while driving and drinking coffee at the same time
Rapture

All these things are possibilities of the way YOUR world will end. At the end of the day, for just about everyone on this board, the world will in end within the next 70 years which means time is short. But out of all the ways the world can end for any given person, why do so many concentrate on the 5th way and the last way on that list? The reality is all of those things listed (and many more) end the same way, you meeting God. The obsession of looking to the sky and scouring the daily newspaper to look for that clue that MIGHT be the next big prophetic news story borders on a hobby, rather than Bible study.

There is not a person on this board that could say how things will shake out in the end. We know general things as told to us by God, but we have no clue on the individual people, some of the countries, etc. As long as we’ve read the book of Revelation, I guarantee that we will know if we are in the middle of it. But until then, everyone on this board is merely taking part in the same exercise millions and millions of people have taken part in for the last 2000 years.

It doesn’t make me a scoffer in regards to livingword26’s quotation of 2 Peter 3:2-4. I am trying to follow God’s Word, but I am failing to see where in God’s word it tells us to play detective in the realm of apocalyptic literature. I mean, I’m only 30 years old and within my life alone there have been countless predictions that the world is going to end by very well respected Bible scholars, not fringe wackos. These predictions and people screaming from the mountain top that the world will end in the next couple years are a HUGE reason why people have become scoffers. The more people say the world will end with nothing happening, the more people will fall from the faith.

People say they have this feeling that things are coming to an end. People have feelings about things all the time that are completely bogus. Just because you feel it doesn't mean a thing. Sorry. The study of Revelation and apocalyptic proclamations have become one of the largest, most detrimental “Boy Who Cried Wolf” stories in history because it has hurt people's faith. And before some elitist rides in and says, "Well, their faith was never strong to begin with then." pump the brakes. Christians shouldn't be the people weeding out who is strong and weakening the faith of others. We have people like Dawkins and Darwin doing enough of that. :cry:

I'm not saying we are no where near the end. I don't know. We could be a year away, we could be 1000 years away. Doesn't matter to me because the end of the world for me will happen within the next 50-60 years regardless of whether Jesus is back or not.

My heart's Desire
Oct 7th 2008, 04:38 PM
People don't realize it but in Paul's day, they fully expected the Lord to return at any time during their day and that's why they were warned to watch out for false things and how to live so how are they and we so different to keep watch if it is just a hobby? I know some who don't worry about Bible Prophecy, yet focus on healings and healing ministry so much of their life, it's almost a hobby. I know some who think Christians are going to make the world better and they are planning on staying awhile. They aren't too interested in Prophecy either.
We could say that about almost anything that people focus alot of their time on, but does that make it such a bad thing?
In the process of seeing things that are coming about, my faith gets stronger (not that my faith depends on prophecy to be strong) not weaker just because Jesus hasn't returned before today.

Semi-tortured
Oct 7th 2008, 04:50 PM
People don't realize it but in Paul's day, they fully expected the Lord to return at any time during their day and that's why they were warned to watch out for false things and how to live so how are they and we so different to keep watch if it is just a hobby?

Because people aren't just watching, they're looking into things that aren't there. They take something someone says and immediately try to relate it to their view of how and when things will end. You admit we were warned to look for false things..you mean like Tim LaHaye and his completely unbiblical Left Behind series? Point is, people can have their world end (and let's be blunt, your world is the only thing that matters when it comes to how you act cause once you're gone by rapture or by flaming car wreck it's the same thing) at any time. Why obsess about one way it can end over another? Should your urgency to be good be any less? Should your urgency to spread the Word be any less? Not saying to not keep an eye open. Just saying to take it to the extreme a lot of people do here is doing damage to the church and I'd venture to say it's not helping convert people all too much.

Mograce2U
Oct 7th 2008, 05:07 PM
People don't realize it but in Paul's day, they fully expected the Lord to return at any time during their day and that's why they were warned to watch out for false things and how to live so how are they and we so different to keep watch if it is just a hobby? I know some who don't worry about Bible Prophecy, yet focus on healings and healing ministry so much of their life, it's almost a hobby. I know some who think Christians are going to make the world better and they are planning on staying awhile. They aren't too interested in Prophecy either.
We could say that about almost anything that people focus alot of their time on, but does that make it such a bad thing?

In the process of seeing things that are coming about, my faith gets stronger (not that my faith depends on prophecy to be strong) not weaker just because Jesus hasn't returned before today.Yet the testimony that Jesus has left us is concerning the prophecies which spoke about His coming and the record we have of His 1st advent. (Rev 19:10, 1 John 5:10-11)

How edifying to our faith is it to think that the apostles and even Jesus Himself were false prophets? That though speaking of a salvation that was near to come, somehow misled us because we don't believe it has happened. Seems to me it is us who need to rethink these things.

My heart's Desire
Oct 7th 2008, 07:36 PM
Because people aren't just watching, they're looking into things that aren't there. They take something someone says and immediately try to relate it to their view of how and when things will end. You admit we were warned to look for false things..you mean like Tim LaHaye and his completely unbiblical Left Behind series? Point is, people can have their world end (and let's be blunt, your world is the only thing that matters when it comes to how you act cause once you're gone by rapture or by flaming car wreck it's the same thing) at any time. Why obsess about one way it can end over another? Should your urgency to be good be any less? Should your urgency to spread the Word be any less? Not saying to not keep an eye open. Just saying to take it to the extreme a lot of people do here is doing damage to the church and I'd venture to say it's not helping convert people all too much.

Except that I don't see "the Left Behind" thing as COMPLETELY unbiblical. Even if it is, it is Fiction. Some Christian still read fiction, although I seldom ever do anymore.
It is only such to those who don't hold a certain end time view.
I've actually brought the Lord to the attention of friends through the use of Prophecy.
I don't think just because people are interested in the signs and as they appear they are obsessive. Perhaps a few, but not All. As to damage to the Church well lots of things can be damaging to the Church and sometimes it can be only one event. Like a certain so-called recent Revival?

My heart's Desire
Oct 7th 2008, 07:38 PM
Yet the testimony that Jesus has left us is concerning the prophecies which spoke about His coming and the record we have of His 1st advent. (Rev 19:10, 1 John 5:10-11)

How edifying to our faith is it to think that the apostles and even Jesus Himself were false prophets? That though speaking of a salvation that was near to come, somehow misled us because we don't believe it has happened. Seems to me it is us who need to rethink these things.
But All prophecy was not fulfilled at or before 70 A.D. The Lord Jesus came once and IS coming again. The ONE who was and is and IS to come. Prophecy has been fulfilled and is still to be fulfilled.

WritingRose
Oct 7th 2008, 08:19 PM
I'm a little disappointed that some Christians are approaching this topic so sarcastically and condescendingly. I think Immortality is making very good points... and might I add that we are constantly to be expecting the end? Even if this is not 'the end', as many of the signs seem to suggest, we are still to be on our toes, aren't we?

I hate to think that I might not be able to write anymore of my wonderful stories or see my children graduate high school, or celebrate a 20th anniversary with my hubby. But, Heaven beats this place any day, so if His return is tomorrow, so be it. I just pray that everyone I know and care for is/will be saved before his return.

You make good points, Immortality, and I hope some of the sarcasm hasn't discouraged you. I see enough of that (sarcasm) on secular boards, so seeing it here nauseates me.

Thanks!

Jen

HisLeast
Oct 8th 2008, 01:36 AM
I'm a little disappointed that some Christians are approaching this topic so sarcastically and condescendingly. I think Immortality is making very good points... and might I add that we are constantly to be expecting the end? Even if this is not 'the end', as many of the signs seem to suggest, we are still to be on our toes, aren't we?

You don't find it condescending when someone suggests that those not in agreement with the posted theory are in a "spiritual slumber", deserve to be shaken, and lack humility? It seems to me he's making more points about how those of us "who don't see" should be treated, rather than providing any spiritual insight or encouragement about the time at hand.

I have NO problem at all with people who feel we're really close. What I have a problem with is people who insult, alienate, and dismiss any who would oppose their theories.

WritingRose
Oct 8th 2008, 01:57 AM
You don't find it condescending when someone suggests that those not in agreement with the posted theory are in a "spiritual slumber", deserve to be shaken, and lack humility? It seems to me he's making more points about how those of us "who don't see" should be treated, rather than providing any spiritual insight or encouragement about the time at hand.

I have NO problem at all with people who feel we're really close. What I have a problem with is people who insult, alienate, and dismiss any who would oppose their theories.

I didn't find his comments insulting at all. He wasn't saying "anyone who disagrees with me is in the wrong.". He was stating a fundamental truth. All of us Christians are in for some big surprises, and some, YES, will be shaken out of a stupor.

Now, have an iced tea and relax. :)

HisLeast
Oct 8th 2008, 02:01 AM
Now, have an iced tea and relax. :)
What leads you to believe I'm not relaxed?

WritingRose
Oct 8th 2008, 02:02 AM
What leads you to believe I'm not relaxed?

OH, um, something about your tone. :) Re-read your posts, and maybe you'll pick up on it.

HisLeast
Oct 8th 2008, 02:03 AM
OH, um, something about your tone. :) Re-read your posts, and maybe you'll pick up on it.
I think perhaps you're imagining me speaking in a tone I did not type in.

immortality
Oct 8th 2008, 02:06 AM

you are at a misunderstanding, hisleast.

nothing i said was directed toward any specific individual, let alone anyone on this particular internet forum.

however, due to the fact that it seems you've received quite a rebuke from what was said in the initial post, perhaps you may want to consider the possibility that it is not me making the "insults, alienations, and oppositions", but rather your own conscience. that is, perhaps through my post you have recieved a rebuke from god himself.

WritingRose
Oct 8th 2008, 02:06 AM
I think perhaps you're imagining me speaking in a tone I did not type in.

It's the way you come across in general. You seem a bit overbearing, and when I see overbearing, I get a picture of this guy squeezing a beer can in complete frustration. lol. I'm not saying you're a drinker, it's just an image I always get.

But this is kind of silly to debate back and forth about, don't you think?

Did you have a good day today?

HisLeast
Oct 8th 2008, 02:17 AM
nothing i said was directed toward any specific individual, let alone anyone on this particular internet forum.
Well I'm happy to hear that and sorry that I misunderstood you.

however, due to the fact that it seems you've received quite a rebuke from what was said in the initial post, perhaps you may want to consider the possibility that it is not me making the "insults, alienations, and oppositions", but rather your own conscience. that is, perhaps through my post you have recieved a rebuke from god himself.
Respectfully, immortality the blame-the-listener thing is a card I used to play a lot. Its sometimes warranted, but you mostly see it with people who don't want accountability for what they say. Meaning nothing personal mind you, especially now that you've cleared it up. Especially in the ETC board, misunderstanding the target of someone's critiques is an easy mistake to make.

lanenamiami
Oct 8th 2008, 02:45 AM
I'm new to the board so before I write anything else let me say God Bless to all.

I have to agree that the End times are closer than anyone cares to believe. I also know that
Luke 12:40 (New King James Version)

40 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”

Mark 13:33 (New King James Version)

33 Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.

Please note, Watch and pray!!!!!!! We should all be watchful and pray "sin cesar":pray:

dan
Oct 8th 2008, 03:57 AM
Sorry, but it has been opened.

Conquoring the world by deception ( wordly riches with the false gospel, and false prophecy 2 Cor.ch 11.) has for the most part been successful over the years and now the Esaus (red) have more recently turned to military force to accomplish their goals but now that has caused monetary problems because there is not enough money to support the greed as in former times.

(False prophecy has given justification to the invaders of the middle east by both Esau parties)

This places people in the dangerous position of the masses having to pay for the extravagances of the rich, and the rich control the government and its civil and miliary powers.

Many will rebel and be branded as being the cause of the unrest.

Merton.

The war is justified. That's why the horse is white. Where do you think the term "man on a white horse" came from?
Those that don't know or care have caused the monetary problems for their own gain.
The masses have always paid for the rich, and always will. But it is a great comfort to me that, so far, the rich have not been able to buy an election in any district where the people did not allow it.:lol:

ƒσяєяυииєя
Oct 8th 2008, 05:15 AM
I wonder, what could be the answer to the utopia of social unrighteousness

The war is justified. That's why the horse is white. Where do you think the term "man on a white horse" came from?
Those that don't know or care have caused the monetary problems for their own gain.
The masses have always paid for the rich, and always will. But it is a great comfort to me that, so far, the rich have not been able to buy an election in any district where the people did not allow it.:lol:

-"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation..."[Salvation from what?.]
-Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. (Romans 1:16; John 8:34; Jude 1:24-25.)

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/5459/natureavyty7.jpg

dan
Oct 8th 2008, 11:56 AM
I wonder, what could be the answer to the utopia of social unrighteousness

...The utopia of Righteous Punishment.

AMOS 9:10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.

IS 65:11 But ye are they that forsake the LORD, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for that troop, and that furnish the drink offering unto that number.
IS 65:12 Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not.

ZECH 13:8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

ƒσяєяυииєя
Oct 8th 2008, 03:42 PM
...The utopia of Righteous Punishment.

O.k dan thanks, and how about the solution? :/

-"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation..."[Salvation from what?.]
-Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. (Romans 1:16; John 8:34; Jude 1:24-25.)

Semi-tortured
Oct 8th 2008, 04:18 PM

I hate to think that I might not be able to write anymore of my wonderful stories or see my children graduate high school, or celebrate a 20th anniversary with my hubby. But, Heaven beats this place any day, so if His return is tomorrow, so be it. I just pray that everyone I know and care for is/will be saved before his return.

You make good points, Immortality, and I hope some of the sarcasm hasn't discouraged you. I see enough of that (sarcasm) on secular boards, so seeing it here nauseates me.

Thanks!

Jen

This is exactly my point (in the bolded part). With my post, I'm not trying to come off condecending or sarcastic. I am merely pointing out that people constantly screaming from the rooftop that "the end is near, we need to hurry up and get ready" are missing the point. The end could come tomorrow, I don't know. But by constantly screaming apocalypse, we tend to make ourselves look silly when things don't come to fruition. How many years have people been saying "witin the next 10 years" the world will end? I can tell you with 100% certainty that it has been longer than 10 years.

All these books about the imminent doom of the world, do you think they have done more to build up Christianity or tear it down? With these books, man is trying to put a timeline on events that he doesn't know. We are trying to use events that were described with symbolism 2000 years ago and relate them to present day. And that's the thing, they are always going to be related to whatever that present day is because that's the time and space we live in, therefore it is all we really know. How much has the view of what will happen in the end changed in the last 25 years? Islam was thought to be a wacky religion in the middle east that wasn't much more than another false religion. How long was it a foregone conclusion that the EU was going to be the 10 Nations spoke of in Revelation? Now, there is a growing number of scholars who insist it will be Islamic countries.

Point is things evolve day by day and outlooks and opinions change day by day. I don't think God will leave any doubt for His children who it is when it actually starts. Until then, all this speculation damages people's faith when these things don't happen.

Forgiven Alaskan
Oct 8th 2008, 04:58 PM
In the oringal greek I believe "short" in reference to the end times meant, "would unravel quickly as soon as it started."

ƒσяєяυииєя
Oct 8th 2008, 05:52 PM
Right...
Point is things evolve day by day and outlooks and opinions change day by day. I don't think God will leave any doubt for His children who it is when it actually starts. Until then, all this speculation damages people's faith when these things don't happen.

And this reminds me of the 1840`s, when William Miller studied the book of Daniel and the prophesy of the 2300 days.

But sadly back then it was mis- understood :

"And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed. "Daniel 8:14

And they thought the sactuary stood for the earth, so when the door opened started to preach, a date.

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." Mat 24.36

But thank God, once that date which was set passed and some where dissapointed, as He didn`t come, God chose to His people what did it mean, namely "..shall the sanctuary be cleansed. "Daniel 8:14

So I`ve read that was kind of the last pre-set prophesy in the Scriptures before the Son of Man would come.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence
of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. (Romans 1:16; John 8:34; Jude 1:24-25.)

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3020/lifesigyyt9.gif

moonglow
Oct 8th 2008, 06:30 PM
This is exactly my point (in the bolded part). With my post, I'm not trying to come off condecending or sarcastic. I am merely pointing out that people constantly screaming from the rooftop that "the end is near, we need to hurry up and get ready" are missing the point. The end could come tomorrow, I don't know. But by constantly screaming apocalypse, we tend to make ourselves look silly when things don't come to fruition. How many years have people been saying "witin the next 10 years" the world will end? I can tell you with 100% certainty that it has been longer than 10 years.

All these books about the imminent doom of the world, do you think they have done more to build up Christianity or tear it down? With these books, man is trying to put a timeline on events that he doesn't know. We are trying to use events that were described with symbolism 2000 years ago and relate them to present day. And that's the thing, they are always going to be related to whatever that present day is because that's the time and space we live in, therefore it is all we really know. How much has the view of what will happen in the end changed in the last 25 years? Islam was thought to be a wacky religion in the middle east that wasn't much more than another false religion. How long was it a foregone conclusion that the EU was going to be the 10 Nations spoke of in Revelation? Now, there is a growing number of scholars who insist it will be Islamic countries.

Amen...couldn't agree with you more. I just don't see a thing in the bible that says we are to go around declaring the end is near...when it doesn't happen it truly does damage people's faith and keeps unbelievers from coming to God thinking we don't know what we are talking about. We are only instructed to watch!

God bless

dan
Oct 10th 2008, 03:03 AM
O.k dan thanks, and how about the solution? :/

...Is the test that God put us here to pass. It is simply that good men must act so that evil will not succeed. The reason for Righteous Punishment is that we, sometimes, fail to act.

immortality
Oct 10th 2008, 04:13 AM
to answer the question, "just how short is short?"

well, let's just say i don't think there will even be a presidential election. i've had a very distinct feeling that something is going to occur before then which will result in the implementation of martial law in the united states. i currently view all of this election "hype" as a mere farce. this may sound condescending, but to believe we personally have the ability to change or influence worldly events at this point in time is being ignorant. god has made it clear to me that there are entities in existence with a surprising amount of power at their disposal. biblically, these entities would be satan ("the god of this world") and his fallen angelic emissaries. they know their "time is short", therefore acting accordingly. this is another matter however.

but yes, i have felt this way for quite some time. this "feeling" undoubtedly comes from the holy spirit:

"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come." [john 16:12]

this economic crisis is only the beginning. we truly are about to enter the beginning stages of the end of the age my friends. we need to make sure we are substantially rooted - that we have not received the word with joy, like so many have, so that if hard times or persecution were to come we would not "wither away". now is the time to make sure our faith has truly been sown on good soil.

ƒσяєяυииєя
Oct 10th 2008, 05:14 AM
we need to make sure we are substantially rooted - that we have not received the word with joy, like so many have, so that if hard times or persecution were to come we would not "wither away". now is the time to make sure our faith has truly been sown on good soil.

take care
Reply With QuoteAmen we need to test our selves, to watch, this reminds me about the atonement day, as described in Leviticus chapter 16. (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=3&chapter=16&version=45)

Well you know the prophesy conveyed in the book of Daniel chapter 8 verse 14:

"And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed."

And how around 1844 it was fullfilled and Jesus passed from the Holy place in the Heavenly Sanctuary to the Holy of Holies. [See Great Controversy] (http://ocpkca.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pXGUSpTDkzMogWST8zvAtmj_p-KA_Df28BfkyeqRuXBeqgl8XOTvIU3nP-9GoJB8GaVBMUiIGSM08xMrvdIcsSw/Great%20Controvery.doc?download)

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/7979/sanctuary2fd5.gif

So back with the Atonement day it was a day when... let better go to the Scriptures > Leviticus 16:29-31 Amplified Bible.

"It shall be a statute to you forever that in the seventh month [nearly October] on the tenth day of the month you shall afflict yourselves and do no work at all, either the native-born or the stranger who dwells temporarily among you.

For on this day atonement shall be made for you, to cleanse you; from all your sins you shall be clean before the Lord.

It is a sabbath of [solemn] rest to you, and you shall afflict yourselves [by fasting with penitence and humiliation]; it is a statute forever.

And since this perspective, "on the tenth day [now, not morrow] of the month you [ I ] shall afflict yourselves"" [my self] even as Jacob:

""And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me."" Genesis 32

This is a promise which is waiting to be given

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3020/lifesigyyt9.gif