PDA

View Full Version : yisraryl hawkins guy

srchin23
Oct 4th 2008, 03:50 AM
what are your thoughts on this man??? do u think he is the last days witness prophicied in the bible???? could he be?

markedward
Oct 4th 2008, 03:58 AM
No. ....................

markedward
Oct 4th 2008, 04:00 AM
To satisfy a longer response:

The man made a prophecy that nuclear war would begin in the US in September 2006. It didn't happen. He is disqualified from being a prophet.

A true prophet of God cannot make a single false prophecy. "Yisrayl" made a false prophecy. He is not a prophet.

His prophecies have failed over and over and over. He is not a prophet of God.

srchin23
Oct 4th 2008, 04:48 AM
but everything he's been saying makes sense

Richard H
Oct 4th 2008, 06:00 AM
but everything he's been saying makes sense
Jesus warned us about false prophets I the last days.
There will be no prophets – only two witnesses.
And the Word of God.

Richard

srchin23
Oct 4th 2008, 07:31 AM
thats what they are calling him , one of the witnesses ,"the last malak"?:dunno:

The Preacher
Oct 4th 2008, 08:44 AM
I don't exactly agree with Richard's statement concerning there will be no prophets. I think for the church to be the bride without spot or wrinkle that will be ready for Christ's return there must be a restoration of the Apostolic and Prophetical ministries. However,it is safe to say that there are no real prophets and apostles in the body of christ at this time. Those that make claim to these offices now simply don't have the revelation,authority or power that comes with those ministries but that doesn't mean that they will not be restored to bring the church back into unity. The prayer of John 17 has YET to be answered. But going back to the subject I can say with perfect confidence that this hawkins person fits the description of a false prophet.

valleybldr
Oct 4th 2008, 11:00 AM
Field Guide to the Wild World of Religion
http://www.isitso.org/guide/whoiswho.html#hawkins

Yisrayl Hawkins [/URL]

Founder and dictatorial leader of the House of Yahweh in Abilene, Texas, an exclusivist religious group that adheres to an extreme form of pseudo-Biblical "legalism" based heavily on Hawkins' interpretations of the Old Testament (unrelated to any connection with orthodox Judaism). The belief system, including polygamy introduced in the group in 1993—and the teaching that "Satan" is female—is a totally idiosyncratic creation of the founder. Although claiming to believe in Jesus—Yeshua—as Messiah, His role in the religious system is almost negligible. It is taught that He had no pre-existence prior to His birth, and that His primary purpose in His ministry was to reinforce the need to keep the "613 Laws" of the Old Testament. Hawkins proclaims himself to be the only leader of the only true Work of the Almighty on earth now, and requires total obedience of all supporters to his every edict.
Hawkins' name was originally Buffalo Bill Hawkins. Hawkins' late brother Jacob first founded a House of Yahweh in Odessa, Texas, in 1975. Bill, who changed his name to Yisrayl in 1982, established his own independent congregation in 1980. For a time Bill billed himself and Jacob as the Two Witnesses of the Book of Revelation, but the fact that Jacob didn't believe this, and had nothing to do with his brother's ministry, made this revelation difficult to sustain, and it became even harder after Jacob died in 1991. Followers from all over the country have left their homes in the past decade and cast their lot in with Hawkins, moving to live in his trailer compound outside Abilene. Others travel there three times a year for conventions held to observe the Levitical Holy Days. By 1997, things were getting stranger in the group … one of the few that this Field Guide website has no qualms about labeling a severely spiritually abusive cult. Reportedly, over 300 of the members of the group legally changed their last names to "Hawkins," and Yisrayl was dogmatically prophesying that the Messiah was going to return in October, 2000 and that "80% of the world's population would be killed by mid-2001." The "Religioustolerance.org" website, which is extremely conservative in its approach to labeling groups as cults notes that it finds Hawkins' group to fit ten out of ten of their list of "ten indicators of a destructive cult." A collection of articles about the House of Yahweh is available at:

[URL="http://www.rickross.com/groups/yahweh.html"]http://www.rickross.com/groups/yahweh.html (http://www.havelshouseofhistory.com/Hawkins,%20Yisrayl.jpg)

Emanate
Oct 4th 2008, 01:13 PM
I have read some of his writings. He always seemed to be creepy, even in the few points he has correct information. My mom's cousing went to his school when she was young. She does not have a favorable view of the man. I also believe he says that where he lives, somewhere near Abilene, Texas is the new Jerusalem.

Richard H
Oct 4th 2008, 01:36 PM
I was not trying to dismiss prophecy. Or the workings of the Holy Spirit.
But there are all sorts of self proclaimed (even getting others to proclaim them) prophets and even witnesses – even :BRonald Weinland , who proclaimed his wife as witness #2. :rofl:

Either it’s some new age journey they want to take us on or a turn backward to the letter of the law. It is not of YHWH.

Jesus didn’t tell us to look for a prophet. In fact He warned us about false prophets, false Christs, and even false leaders saying: He was the Christ.
Scripture makes it clear that a deception is coming. So I don’t put my faith in some man – no matter who he is, or what he says, or what he does, or what others say about him.

We have Scripture and really don’t need a man to lead us – as we are lead by the Spirit of the Almighty and His Word.

Richard

PS: Thx for the field guide excerpt, ValleyBldr.

divaD
Oct 4th 2008, 02:03 PM
Until Christ comes back to destroy the wicked out of the land, which won't and can't happen until 2 Thessalonians 2:xx is fullfilled, personally I wouldn't trust anyone who claims that he/she is a prophet of God, except for the 2 witenesses in the book of Revelation. But certain things have to transpire before this event can even unfold. But until then, you can bet anyone claiming to be a prophet of God, is anything but. These phonies are easy to discern, and just like Richard already pointed out, we're warned about false prophets in the last days.

markedward
Oct 4th 2008, 07:47 PM
but everything he's been saying makes senseJust because he says things that "make sense" does not mean he's a prophet of God.

A prophet of God, as I already said, cannot make a single false prophecy, which 'Yisrayl' has done numerous times. Even if he "makes sense", he has failed God's test for a true prophet.

srchin23
Oct 5th 2008, 10:27 PM
Field Guide to the Wild World of Religion
http://www.isitso.org/guide/whoiswho.html#hawkins

Yisrayl Hawkins

Founder and dictatorial leader of the House of Yahweh in Abilene, Texas, an exclusivist religious group that adheres to an extreme form of pseudo-Biblical "legalism" based heavily on Hawkins' interpretations of the Old Testament (unrelated to any connection with orthodox Judaism). The belief system, including polygamy introduced in the group in 1993—and the teaching that "Satan" is female—is a totally idiosyncratic creation of the founder. Although claiming to believe in Jesus—Yeshua—as Messiah, His role in the religious system is almost negligible. It is taught that He had no pre-existence prior to His birth, and that His primary purpose in His ministry was to reinforce the need to keep the "613 Laws" of the Old Testament. Hawkins proclaims himself to be the only leader of the only true Work of the Almighty on earth now, and requires total obedience of all supporters to his every edict.
Hawkins' name was originally Buffalo Bill Hawkins. Hawkins' late brother Jacob first founded a House of Yahweh in Odessa, Texas, in 1975. Bill, who changed his name to Yisrayl in 1982, established his own independent congregation in 1980. For a time Bill billed himself and Jacob as the Two Witnesses of the Book of Revelation, but the fact that Jacob didn't believe this, and had nothing to do with his brother's ministry, made this revelation difficult to sustain, and it became even harder after Jacob died in 1991. Followers from all over the country have left their homes in the past decade and cast their lot in with Hawkins, moving to live in his trailer compound outside Abilene. Others travel there three times a year for conventions held to observe the Levitical Holy Days. By 1997, things were getting stranger in the group … one of the few that this Field Guide website has no qualms about labeling a severely spiritually abusive cult. Reportedly, over 300 of the members of the group legally changed their last names to "Hawkins," and Yisrayl was dogmatically prophesying that the Messiah was going to return in October, 2000 and that "80% of the world's population would be killed by mid-2001." The "Religioustolerance.org" website, which is extremely conservative in its approach to labeling groups as cults notes that it finds Hawkins' group to fit ten out of ten of their list of "ten indicators of a destructive cult." A collection of articles about the House of Yahweh is available at:

http://www.rickross.com/groups/yahweh.html (http://www.rickross.com/groups/yahweh.html)

:hmm:Sorry but you can''t beleive everything the media reports...i just don't...so far i am not convinced that he isnt tellin' the truth:dunno:

valleybldr
Oct 5th 2008, 11:29 PM
:hmm:Sorry but you can''t beleive everything the media reports...i just don't...so far i am not convinced that he isnt tellin' the truth:dunno: He may have plenty of truth but if he's a cultic control freak what does it matter? todd

srchin23
Oct 5th 2008, 11:31 PM
Just because he says things that "make sense" does not mean he's a prophet of God.

A prophet of God, as I already said, cannot make a single false prophecy, which 'Yisrayl' has done numerous times. Even if he "makes sense", he has failed God's test for a true prophet.

:hmm:HMMMM.....BUT DID HE REALLY GIVE A SPECIFIC DATE ON THOSE PROPHECIES???? :hmm:

markedward
Oct 6th 2008, 12:12 AM
:hmm:HMMMM.....BUT DID HE REALLY GIVE A SPECIFIC DATE ON THOSE PROPHECIES???? :hmm:He said that nuclear war would begin in September 2006. When that didn't happen, he changed his predictions so that nuclear war would begin in June 2007, and that by October 2007 more than half of the world population would be dead. When that didn't happen, he changed his predictions again so that nuclear war would begin in June 2008. That, again, obviously didn't happen.

He's a false prophet, plain and simple. To be blunt, a person would have to be a fool to follow him, in the light of his multiple false predictions.

srchin23
Oct 6th 2008, 12:28 AM
Yeh but he also says that the creator is holding back these wars for a very short time

MLC
Oct 6th 2008, 04:41 AM
http://yisraylhawkins.com/NuclearWar.aspx?Article=10023.htm

Nuclear Baby...

The Preacher
Oct 6th 2008, 05:18 AM
Either it’s some new age journey they want to take us on or a turn backward to the letter of the law. It is not of YHWH.

exactly, I keep looking for the tetragrammaton in the new testament but all I find is the name of Jesus(and Father,Son and Holy Spirit). You would think that if YHWH was so critical to salvation like certain groups claim then we would at least find ONE greek rendering of the word.

markedward
Oct 6th 2008, 05:23 AM
YHWH isn't a mere word. It's God's personal name.

Knowing how to pronounce it isn't critical to salvation. Even knowing the name isn't critical. But just make sure to hold His name in high reverence (though, of course, this does not mean holding a church-cult's use of His name in reverence).

valleybldr
Oct 6th 2008, 11:09 AM
Yeh but he also says that the creator is holding back these wars for a very short time
Hawkins works off of fear. This is very appealing to certain mindsets. Torah can be taught from the perspective of fear or love. I'm very wary of ministries that use the former because they tend to have a need to keep their followers (and their wallets) on the edge of their seats 24/7. This usually does not translate into a balanced healthy believer.

todd

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 02:46 AM

he said in revelations where it says "don't harm the trees....,:B(sorry but im havin trouble finding the verse):giveup: but im sure u know what verse im talkin about,that the heavenly father is holding the wars back ...that'll harm the earth at the request of the savior...the savior is now calling people out of the false religions saying...."come out of her my people so that you do not share in her plagues..." in revelations...is the false religions ...that are causing all the curses we now are seeing in the world....because he says none of the religions today...NONE.... are teaching and keeping all his laws and commands.and tht basically the religions are sayin.."all u have to do is believe"and no ones teaching all his laws anymore because they feel they are all done away with,,,,and so now we are seeing all the sicknesses &diseases we are seeing now.And that they(the house of yahweh) is the only place thats keeping all his laws & commands....and he says thats why thier being persecuted cause thier revealing the truth.:dunno:

markedward
Oct 8th 2008, 02:54 AM
They're being "persecuted" because 'Yisrayl' Hawkins is a bigamist, which is (A) illegal in the US (remember that Paul of the NT said to respect governmental authority), and (B) Christ said that man is to marry one woman, as also Paul said.

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 03:02 AM
They're being "persecuted" because 'Yisrayl' Hawkins is a bigamist, which is (A) illegal in the US (remember that Paul of the NT said to respect governmental authority), and (B) Christ said that man is to marry one woman, as also Paul said.

He admitted on CNN that he was living in sin back then

markedward
Oct 8th 2008, 03:10 AM
He admitted on CNN that he was living in sin back then"Back then"? Last year is not "back then". This year is not "back then". He's still living in sins that are directly against the Bible. He's a false teacher and a false prophet. You seem to find it difficult to recognize this, so perhaps the only way to convince you of this is time.

HisLeast
Oct 8th 2008, 03:12 AM
So, let us ask it this way, and please don't take offense...

How many ways would he have to be wrong to convince you that he isn't a prophet?

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 03:46 AM
He said that nuclear war would begin in September 2006. When that didn't happen, he changed his predictions so that nuclear war would begin in June 2007, and that by October 2007 more than half of the world population would be dead. When that didn't happen, he changed his predictions aD WOULDgain so that nuclear war would begin in June 2008. That, again, obviously didn't happen.

He's a false prophet, plain and simple. To be blunt, a person would have to be a fool to follow him, in the light of his multiple false predictions.

:note: HE NEVER SAID IT WOULD START SEPT 2006!!!!...HE SIAD IT WOULD BE CONCIEVED!!!...AND WOULD TAKE NINE MONTHS TO DEVELOPE..WICH WOULD BE JUNE 2007...HE SAYS IT WOULD'VE STARTED THEN, BUT THE CREATOR IS HOLDING THE WARS BACK AT THE REQUEST OF THE SAVIOR,AND HE IS NOW...NOW...CALLING PEOPLE OUT OF THE FALSE RELIGIONS.

HisLeast
Oct 8th 2008, 03:50 AM
:note: HE NEVER SAID IT WOULD START SEPT 2006!!!!...HE SIAD IT WOULD BE CONCIEVED!!!...AND WOULD TAKE NINE MONTHS TO DEVELOPE..WICH WOULD BE JUNE 2007...HE SAYS IT WOULD'VE STARTED THEN, BUT THE CREATOR IS HOLDING THE WARS BACK AT THE REQUEST OF THE SAVIOR,AND HE IS NOW...NOW...CALLING PEOPLE OUT OF THE FALSE RELIGIONS.

Well, there's really only a couple ways this can be twisted.
1) God changed his mind after he sent the messenger
2) Mr. Hawkins does not speak for God.

Allow me to rephrase the question I posted before:
- What standards must a person meet to be considered a prophet?
- What would be some indicators such a person is not meeting the standard?

threebigrocks
Oct 8th 2008, 03:53 AM
:note: HE NEVER SAID IT WOULD START SEPT 2006...HE SIAD IT WOULD BE CONCIEVED...AND WOULD TAKE NINE MONTHS TO DEVELOPE..WICH WOULD BE JUNE 2007...HE SAYS IT WOULD'VE STARTED THEN, BUT THE CREATOR IS HOLDING THE WARS BACK AT THE REQUEST OF THE SAVIOR,AND HE IS NOW...NOW...CALLING PEOPLE OUT OF THE FALSE RELIGIONS.

If this guy was a true prophet of God - it would have happened in 2007. Which it didn't. God isn't indecisive or wishy washy about His truth. It is, or it isn't. He is grossly twisting scripture. He is doing illegal things which is against God. He promotes adultery, which is against God. God is not a secret or an exclusive group. He died for all. We only need to confess with our lips and read and study scripture. No need to have the Truth any other way except from Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Why the defensiveness here over someone who is not preaching the things of God?

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 04:03 AM
if this guy was a true prophet of god - it would have happened in 2007. Which it didn't.

it hasn't happened because the creator is holding it back ...it says in revelations.......he is holdin back the four winds...saying ..do not harm the trees ect...*looking for the verse*

threebigrocks
Oct 8th 2008, 04:09 AM
it hasn't happened because the creator is holding it back ...it says in revelations.......he is holdin back the four winds...saying ..do not harm the trees ect...*looking for the verse*

Please take time to search out the scripture you are speaking of above. I'm at a bit of a loss and don't want to assume your intent.

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 04:15 AM
Sorry whoever sent me a private messege..i clicked ok...and didnt recieve anything

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 04:16 AM
please take time to search out the scripture you are speaking of above. I'm at a bit of a loss and don't want to assume your intent.

im trying but ,having comp problems

The Preacher
Oct 8th 2008, 04:26 AM
Although new testament prophecy is judged by a different criteria than old testament prophecy as can bee seen from 1Cor 14:29. New testament prophecy is to be judged by the body of Christ for accuracy and correction.
I would say that any prophecy given today that is not available for correction by the body is given by a false prophet. I think this teacher fits that criteria.

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 04:37 AM
Srry i got it..

Its in...

Rev 7:1-3

1)AND AFTER THESE THINGS I SAW FOUR MESSENGERS STANDING AT THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH,HOLDING THE FOUR WINDS OF THE EARTH,SO THAT THE WIND SHOULD NOT BLOW ON THE EARTH,NOR ON THE SEA,NOR ON ANY TREE

2)AND I SAW ANOTHER MALAK ASCENDING FROM THE EAST HAVING THE SEAL OF THE LIVING FATHHER AND HE CRIED WITH A LOUD VOICE TO THE FOUR MESSENGERS TO WHOM IT WAS GIVEN TO HURT THE EARTH &THE SEA

3)SAYING:HURT NOT THE EARTH NIETHER THE SEA,NOR TREES,UNTIL WE HAVE SEALED THE SERVANTS OF OUR FATHER IN THIER FOREHEADS

Diggindeeper
Oct 8th 2008, 04:43 AM
Here is another link that gives a short history of the "doings" of
"Buffalo Bill" Hawkins....

House of Yahweh and Yisrayl (Buffalo Bill) Hawkins

http://www.eliyah.com/forum/messages/4295.html (mhtml:{0C048784-E3B5-414F-A0D2-C6AA51A5DADE}mid://00000046/!x-usc:http://www.eliyah.com/forum/messages/4295.html)

My advise? Leave him alone! Don't trust anything that comes
from his mouth or his self-made "ministry."

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 04:45 AM
hE'S HOLDING WAR BACK...

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 04:54 AM
here is another link that gives a short history of the "doings" of
"buffalo bill" hawkins....

house of yahweh and yisrayl (buffalo bill) hawkins

http://www.eliyah.com/forum/messages/4295.html (mhtml:{0c048784-e3b5-414f-a0d2-c6aa51a5dade}mid://00000046/!x-usc:http://www.eliyah.com/forum/messages/4295.html)

my advise? Leave him alone! Don't trust anything that comes
from his mouth or his self-made "ministry."

your link didn't work for me

threebigrocks
Oct 8th 2008, 04:57 AM
Sorry whoever sent me a private messege..i clicked ok...and didnt recieve anything

Did you receive the message yet?

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 05:02 AM
Did you receive the message yet?

nothing:confused

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 05:15 AM

I don't believe everything the media reports....or everything i see...

sometimes theres people behind the scenes who don't want you to hear the truth

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 05:19 AM
for example....on you tube theres this interview of yisrayl...that made him look Crazy..totally crazy...but...on HIS site he posted the entire video....and its nothing like what i seen on the other site.

Diggindeeper
Oct 8th 2008, 05:19 AM

Okay. No Problem. I'll just copy and paste it here, in two or three posts.
Here's the first part:

The following are selected excerpts from an article found in the July, 1997 issue of the "Texas Monthly" about the House of Yahweh located in Abilene. I thought it might be interesting reading for those who would like some extra insight into the House of Yahweh and Yisrayl Hawkins, a.k.a. Buffalo Bill Hawkins.

Happy Doomsday
Another Waco--or simply wacko? That's the lingering question about Abilene's House of Yahweh, the latest Texas cult with a charismatic leader of questionable integrity who has visions of the end of the world.

by Robert Draper
...Then there was the church's leader, a folksy 62-year-old ex-cop and ex-rockabilly singer known as Buffalo Bill Hawkins until 1982, when he legally changed his first name to Yisrayl (pronounced like "Israel"). Hawkins had convinced thousands of Yahweh worshippers that he and one of his brothers were the two "witnesses" prophesied in the Book of Isaiah to preach the laws of Yahweh. Though Hawkins didn't claim to be the Messiah, his faithful believed him incapable of misjudgment or sin. They also believed that to defy him was to defy the Creator. Since 1994 some three hundred of them had legally adopted his last name and joined his "priestly family."

...In almost every other way, however, Yisrayl Hawkins is Abilene's encore to Waco's Koresh. A sometime musician, inveterate philanderer, and lifelong Bible student with a doomsdayer's fetish for the Book of Revelation, his unorthodox brand of charisma is detectable only within the perimeters of his cloistered universe. Of course, Hawkins has other antecedents as well. They are seen in Mark Twain novels and Flannery O'Connor short stories, behind mail-order miracle cures and flimsy pyramid schemes, and wherever else a good con flourishes. Hawkins' snake oil, bootlegged as it is from the Garden of Eden, is particularly potent. It has summoned everyday seekers of higher meaning, and it has convinced them--through a transparently brazen manipulation of the Scriptures--that their religion is somehow more authentic, and thus holier, than other spiritual callings. It seems even to have cast a spell over its purveyor, such that Yisrayl Hawkins himself cannot seem to see, beneath his gaudy new aura, the Buffalo Bill Hawkins who connives within.

The dubious history of the House of Yahweh is nothing more than a culmination of one man's life of con artistry, a white-trash quest for a scruffy empire that would be thoroughly comical were it not for its many dupes. Though Hawkins' colorful saga is not complete, it suggests a comforting outcome: Abilene will not burn as Waco burned. For this compound is but a very peculiar house, and one made of cards at that.

...Failure and ridicule: that was Hawkins' winning formula. In seventeen years his church had grown out of a trailer home in Abilene to become an entity whose three annual feasts (Passover, Pentecost, and Tabernacle) were attended by literally thousands, from as far away as Trinidad and Australia. The House of Yahweh published numerous texts and had its own Web site (www.yahweh.com (http://www.yahweh.com)). Millions of dollars in tithes poured in annually to its office on Abilene's T&P Lane (the T and P standing for Texas and Pacific, but nowadays referred to by the congregation as Truth and Prophecy). Yisrayl Hawkins had reared a giant. The world was cluttered with religions far more illustrious, but his enemies would make his House the chosen one: So said the Scriptures, and where they failed to say so, they would then be "retranslated" until they cooperated.

What could be a more perfect scam than to turn a man's advantage the deck stacked against him? On August 28, 1934, a dirt poor sharecropper named Otis Hawkins and his wife, Maggie, gave birth to their sixth of eight children near Purcell, Oklahoma, where they lived in a three-room house without indoor plumbing. Apparently having run out of names, the parents asked one of their children, Vernon, if he had any in mind for his infant brother. "Buffalo Bill," proclaimed the boy.

A recently published book by Yisrayl Hawkins states that he "is a Jew whose family was severely persecuted and forced to flee from Europe to the United States. He was raised without synagogue, but was strictly taught by his Jewish parents, both of whom trace their lineage to the tribe of Levi." When this passage was read to one of Hawkins' brothers, he sighed before saying, "Bill's my brother, but he ain't got both oars in the water, if you know what I mean. Our daddy was a Dutchman, our mother was three-quarters Cherokee, and we don't have a drop of Jewish blood in us." Maggie Hawkins did, however, read her Bible and pray on her knees three times daily. Otis Hawkins was not religious at all, but one of Bill's brothers-in-law, Major Followwill, remembered, "Mister Hawkins would give you the shirt off his back. There weren't finer people in the world than Bill's parents. And there isn't a bigger liar in the world than Bill Hawkins." While other children helped their father farm his crops and break horses, Buffalo Bill prowled about Purcell on a pony, a floppy brown hat stuck atop his head and a fat hand-rolled cigarette between his teeth. He regularly played hooky from school until the fifth grade, when he dropped out altogether. Early on, though, he displayed a talent for making money, though not necessarily through honorable means. Before his teenage years Bill was skinning cats and taking the meat to the black side of town, where he would sell it off as rabbit.

Diggindeeper
Oct 8th 2008, 05:22 AM
Part 2:

In 1952 eighteen-year-old Bill Hawkins and a woman named Rosa Bell Boulding married in Muskogee and soon relocated to Enid. A year later Rosa Bell moved out. Hawkins would later say that his wife had cheated on him, but relatives remember that it was he who had gone outside the marriage. The new woman, a Native American named Darlene, moved in and in short order bore him four children. Hawkins introduced Darlene to others as his wife and told his offspring that their parents had eloped. Many years later--after one of his children caught him in bed with another woman and Darlene moved out with the four in tow--the mother confessed to them that she and Hawkins had married in Mexico.

Regardless of which account is true, Bill Hawkins had not yet divorced his first wife, Rosa Bell, and would not file against her until 1976, four years after his second wife left him. When I pointed this out to Hawkins, he insisted, "[Rosa Bell] had actually divorced me long before this, in California. That's what she told my dad in a phone call." None of Hawkins' relatives remembered hearing of such a conversation, and in any case, his own attorney could find no record of Rosa Bell's filing for divorce in any courthouse in either California or Oklahoma. By filing for divorce himself, Hawkins was legally acknowledging that he had been married to Rosa Bell throughout his marriage to Darlene.

Odd that a taste for religion would materialize on such a tongue. But Hawkins' eldest brother, J.G.--who had long been intrigued by both Judaism and the literalist teachings of Herbert W. Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God--took Bill under his wing. Bill followed him to Midwestern Bible College in Stanberry, Missouri, but lasted only two semesters. "Oh, he was religious all right," scoffed Major Followwil, himself a former Baptist minister. "He was religious about making money."

Hawkins took to peddling Bibles door-to-door with J.G. after following him to the North Texas town of Graham in the early fifties. While J.G. knew his Scriptures better, Bill was "definitely the better salesman," remembered a relative, "because he could look you right in the eye and lie through his teeth. He could charm a rattler." On the other side bill sold icemakers. The machines didn't work, but the folks he approached wouldn't have known that, since Bill loaded the contraptions with ice he had previously frozen in his home icemaker. He also sang in his brothers' rockabilly band, Buffalo Bill and His Whippoorwills. Because he booked the band's engagements, he collected the gate receipts--and, as one of his band mates noted ruefully, "he always kept the biggest part of the money for himself."

...For the next nine years Buffalo Bill Hawkins led a steady if undistinguished career as an Abilene cop, and spiritually he was at a low ebb. Though he still took his family to church on Saturday mornings, Hawkins worked on religious holidays and spent his off-hours raising coonhounds, operating a mobile home park--which his wife was not even aware that he owned--and making homemade wine. When Darlene was due to have their last daughter, Officer Hawkins simply dropped her off at the hospital on the way to the station and told her to call when the baby was born. Often irritable, he frequently beat Darlene in the presence of his kinfolk. One of his daughters remembered how he reacted when she and her sister burned the potatoes one evening: "He threw them against the wall and made us go to our rooms. Then he came in with a wire hangar and whipped our legs till they bled. And then he pulled off his belt and whipped us some more."

After Darlene learned in 1972 that Hawkins had slept with another woman, it occurred to her that she had given her life and her money to a remorseless cad, so she and their children moved back to Oklahoma. Less than a year later Hawkins took up with a woman named Kay who lived in his trailer park, and together they had a child out of wedlock. In 1974 he learned that his father was dying. He hastened to Otis Hawkins' residence in Graham, where he loaded up his father's pigs into his father's truck, and proceeded to sell them both. "Well," sighed the sharecropper, "I guess Bill needs the money."

In 1975 J.G. Hawkins returned to Texas from a seven-year stint in Israel. While there, Buffalo Bill's eldest brother had begun calling himself Jacob and had learned of an excavation in which a Hebrew inscription had been found that read "House of Yahweh." "It was like a current of electricity went through my body," Jacob would later write. He set out to found a church by that name in Texas. Bill showed Jacob a vacant field he owned in Abilene and suggested that they establish the House of Yahweh there. Instead, Jacob moved to Odessa, where he acquired a small church and began to gather worshippers.

...Buffalo Bill Hawkins watched his brother's church grow, and his envy grew correspondingly. In 1977 he resigned from the Abilene Police Department. A year later he persuaded Jacob to ordain him as a minister, and about the same time, he resolved to overcome his long-standing insecurities about his humble beginnings and feeble education. He plunked down $500 and enrolled in a Dale Carnegie public-speaking course. All Bill Hawkins lacked was a church.

In 1980 Hawkins opened up his own House of Yahweh in his Abilene mobile home. ...A family friend, ruby Maynard, began attending services regularly despite knowing Bill primarily as "the kind of guy who would always try to make money if he could." Her wariness was confirmed when she noticed that some folding chairs and living room furniture turned up missing. Maynard learned that Hawkins had reclaimed and moved them into the trailers he was renting as "furnished."
One day in 1982 the minister strolled into the Taylor County courthouse in Abilene and petitioned that his first name be changed. He strolled out as Yisrayl Hawkins. Kay Hawkins remembered his breathless excitement a few days later when he approached her with Bible in hand, his finger pointing to Isaiah 43: "But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine...Ye are my witnesses." Surely the Hawkins brothers were none other than the prophesied two witnesses, Jacob and Yisrayl, called upon by Yahweh to rebuild His temple in the world's waning days!

Diggindeeper
Oct 8th 2008, 05:26 AM
Part 3:

Today Yisrayl Hawkins says, "Ever since 1951 we [he and Jacob] talked about us being the two witnesses. We weren't sure about this until the early eighties." If this is true, then his decision to change his first name could be viewed as a brazen ploy to fulfill the Scriptures, and his display of emotion to Kay could only be fakery. But those who knew Jacob, both in his congregation and in the Hawkins family, said that the older brother never believed himself to be a witness. In 1986 Jacob--long since dismayed by Yisrayl's deceptions--assured a friend in a letter, "No one at this time knows who the two witnesses are. They will be two men from the House of Yahweh, but Yahweh has not revealed who they are, and you can be assured that they will not be teaching what is taught in Abilene."

But in 1982 Kay was convinced that her husband was Chosen. Together they wrote a pamphlet titled "The Two Witnesses," a 36-page attempt to prove that Jacob and Yisrayl were the two in question--as opposed to other oft-cited potential candidates, including Cyrus and Alexander, Moses and Elijah. The pamphlet is the first of many the House of Yahweh would publish that would rely upon methods of "retranslation" so calculatedly arbitrary that the authors would likely be laughed out of any language school on the planet. Take, for example, their tortured analysis of the crucial Isa. 44:5 phrase..."and another shall subscribe with his hand unto the Lord, and surname himself by the name of Israel." To prove that the passage means that a man such as Buffalo Bill Hawkins would legally change his name to Yisrayl, the authors first isolated the Hebrew word for "subscribe," kathab--which can mean "write," "describe," "inscribe," "prescribe," "record," or "subscribe." The authors chose two of these six definitions to bolster their case. The first is "prescribe," which as a verb has three definitions. The authors selected the third: "to assert a right or title to something on the grounds of prescription." The second definition of kathab they chose is "record," and from several listed definitions they picked, "an official written report of public proceedings, as in a legislature or court of law, preserved for future reference." This definition is meant to apply to a noun, and the word in question--kathab--is a verb. Still, after this series of ill-advised leaps, "The Two Witnesses" concludes, "Not only will one of the two witnesses be 'surnamed' Yisrayl, he will take this name legally--in a court of law--just as the prophecy has proclaimed!"

Yisrayl Hawkins had discovered a con of biblical proportions. Rooting through the Scriptures for golden acorns of prophecy was an age-old pastime, as was foretelling the Second Coming.

...His brother Jacob would occasionally confide, "Bill is not only deceiving the people--he's deliberately deceiving the people." ...None of Hawkins' other family members or ex-wives resided near enough to Abilene to expose him as a scoundrel. Kay "bought the whole thing," she now admits--a crucial alliance, since her poorly educated husband relied heavily upon her to research and script the propaganda that the House of Yahweh would pass off as proof.

The most staggering coincidence in Hawkins' favor was that the word "Abilene" actually appears in the Bible, in Luke 3:1, cited in passing as a Gentile province. Predictably, Hawkins made major hay with the reference.

In his pamphlet "The House of Yahweh Established," he devoted 42 pages to proving that "Abilene" was pregnant with prophetic meaning. After studying these Hebrew-intensive pages at my request, New Testament professor John Alsup of the Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary listed all of Hawkins' typical tricks without knowing anything about him: selective use of definitions, habitual decontextualizing, and with respect to Hawkins' analysis of the -ene suffix in "Abilene," a basic ignorance of Hebrew. "It's a mess," Alsup told me.

For the linguistically challenged, Hawkins had another way to prove Abilene's significance. Noting that the Scriptures suggested that Yahweh's new temple would be located due west of Jerusalem, Hawkins wrote: "Now look on any world globe, find the city of Yerusalem, Israyl, then go directly west on the exact latitude, and you will move directly to the city of Abilene, Texas!" Jacob Hawkins had claimed the same thing about Odessa as a geographically prophesied location for the House of Yahweh. When I mentioned this to Yisrayl Hawkins, he shook his head and said, "No, not quite. If you look it up, Odessa is not quite due west." I looked it up. Jerusalem's latitude is 31,47. Odessa's is 31,50. Abilene's is 32,27.

...But in 1991 his power base received a serious jolt when Jacob fell il with cancer. The Odessa preacher's scorn for the Abilene church had been a thorn in Yisrayl's side. "That whole thing up there has been a deception from the very beginning," Jacob wrote one mutual friend. congregation members who didn't know how Jacob felt about the Abilene House would regularly ask Yisrayl, "When will the other witness come to our feasts?"

Still, Jacob's existence, coupled with his silence, was crucial to the younger Hawkins' prophetic status. Jacob's death that year made a sham of Yisrayl's two-witness scenario. It must have been doubly devastating when, at the Odessa funeral home, Yisrayl fell upon Jacob's corpse and tried in vain to resurrect him.

News of the witness's demise was kept from the Abilene congregation for a time while Hawkins consulted with his elders. They emerged with a remarkable pronouncement. The Hebrew Scriptures had been examined and found to be incorrectly rendered. A new translation of Isaiah 43 was supplied, to be pasted into each member's Book of Yahweh. In this version Jacob had been destined to die all along, while Yisrayl would survive as the lone witness. With only a handful of exceptions, the congregation went along. The House stood.

...But even from a distance, he kept his people close. Guards searched the tents of those encamping for the feasts to make sure they weren't reading literature that was counter to the doctrines. His elders excommunicated anyone suspected of challenging Yahweh's orders. Members were forbidden to attend other church services, including weddings of family members. And those who moved to the 44 acres could buy a share of the property--including a trailer, which Hawkins himself would sell to them at many times its value--but the land deeds would continue to belong to the House of Yahweh. "We always broke the laws," recalled Michael Sharrow, who moved his family to the compound in 1991. "We'd have sex on the Sabbath. That was okay, as long as Hawkins thought you were useful. But if he wanted you out, they'd find any excuse to expel you."
They were free, in other words, to do exactly what Hawkins told them to.

Richard H
Oct 8th 2008, 05:26 AM
hE'S HOLDING WAR BACK...

So.... He thinks he's the restrainer? :no:

for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order to lead astray, if possible, the elect.
"But take heed; behold, I have told you everything in advance.
Mar 13:22,23

I had trouble with the link too.
I had to type it in by hand. Let's see if this works.

Note: This link is to a page detailing the false dealings of :
Yisrayl (Buffalo Bill) Hawkins

http://www.eliyah.com/forum/messages/4295.html

Added: Works for me.

Diggindeeper
Oct 8th 2008, 05:29 AM
Part 5:

...Instead, a far more arresting development took place that fall, when the pope orchestrated a peace agreement between Israel and the Arab nations. Yisrayl Hawkins seized upon the seemingly ho-hum treaty like a piranha. This, he declared, was it: the seven-year agreement, prophesied in Dan. 9:24-27, facilitated by "the beastly system"--the Catholic church and the league of governments--that would usher in the seven-year malaise known as the Tribulation, ending in a nuclear holocaust that would wipe out four fifths of the world's population. Hawkins' proclamation involved the usual dubious leaps of logic, especially the significance he attached to the Scripture's use of the Hebrew word for "many"--rabim, which Yisrayl construed to be "Rabin," the name of Israel's prime minister. ("That word appears maybe two hundred times in the Scriptures," biblical scholar Steve Reid of the Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary told me. "If all those references are to Rabin, he's really a busy guy.")

But the members--who had heard similar foretellings from Hawkins in 1991, when Saddam Hussein ranted about "the mother of all wars"--were more than ready to believe their overseer. They were put on notice: By October 2000 their elite status would be confirmed, and the Messiah would arrive to reward them. Mindful that the Scriptures promised a drought during the first three and a half years of the Tribulation, the House of Yahweh began to stockpile food. Hawkins ordered the purchase of truckloads of wheat. A trailer was crammed full of edible goods and buried near the sanctuary. By the time the food underground began to spoil, the ground was already moist from winter showers. A pro by now at such turns of events, Hawkins' elders spread the word that the biblical passage was merely a metaphor. What they meant to say was, "These years would feature an absence of spiritual rain." And no one had better ask aloud: "Were the previous years spiritually soggy?"

...Yet even in their acquiescent state, the congregation was not prepared for the new law introduced in a sermon by elder Kepha Arcemont on July 24, 1993. After drilling into their skulls a host of passages reminding those present that all laws must be obeyed without question, Arcemont informed them that multiple marriages were sanctioned by Yahweh.

Kay Hawkins smelled a rat and believed its name was Yisrayl. She knew her husband had once been an adulterer--among her proof being their first son--and had in recent years endured the rumors that the overseer had been plucking female prospects from the House's congregation. A strong-willed, intelligent woman, Kay nonetheless had developed an emotional investment in her husband's dubious ascendancy. Being the wife of a Chosen One had its cachet, after all. Like so many former members, she would one day look back in amazement at the lines she'd been fed. Unlike the others, Kay had penned many of the lines herself. The rumors of Yisrayl's infidelity proved to be gilded to the extreme. I spoke with two of the four women said to be his lovers, and both said the affairs never went further than "passionate kissing," which of course is subjective. But it seems clear that Hawkins singled out these women, giving them access to him that was denied the rest--and certainly showed no concern toward the feelings of his wife, who had always stood by him, keeping secret those private moments when nasty old Buffalo Bill Hawkins surfaced.

And so Kay Hawkins challenged the new polygamy law, citing a multitude of Bible passages. She was ignored. In the summer of 1994 she filed for divorce and was excommunicated by the elders. Yisrayl also banished his son Justin from the 44 acres, after judging him unfaithful to Yahweh--and after accusing him (falsely, Justin insists) of stealing $40,000 in cash that the overseer inexplicably kept in his house. "You're a liar and a thief!" he hollered to his son as two guards led the latter away.

...By April nearly three hundred House of Yahweh members had legally changed their last names to Hawkins, following their overseer's "discovery" that the Hebrew version of Yisrayl's last name was Ha-Cohen, or "the priest." None of them thought to visit Graham or Odessa or Purcell, Oklahoma, to trace their priest's ancestry firsthand. For as elder Shaul Schneider Hawkins would put it in a sermon, "It is impossible for the very elect to be deceived...[and] Yahweh has consolidated His only work into one group, under the witness Yisrayl, the very elect of Yahweh." There was no other truth, and thus no other choice, but to bend their wills to the will of Yisrayl Hawkins and prepare for the almighty conflagration of October 2000. As the overseer himself told me, while chuckling in his not altogether merry way: "I think you'd have to be a fool not to believe."
One fool, a former colleague at the Abilene Police Department, dared to advance a prophecy of his own. "Come the year 2000," said deputy chief Noah Johnston with a smile, "I'd be willing to bet Buffalo Bill Hawkins is gonna ride off into the sunset with a big pile of money."

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 05:35 AM
so.... He thinks he's the restrainer
added: Works for me.

NOT YISRAYL..... THE CREATOR is holding war back at the request of the savoir

Diggindeeper
Oct 8th 2008, 05:50 AM
Srchin23, surely you can't be serious about your desire to be a follower of this con artist! There are several people here telling you what's wrong with this guy, and you just turn back, and keep on defending him--a false prophet!

I fear for you. Listen, we must warn you about men like this. If we don't, your blood could be on our hands. But, we have tried. And tried. There is no more we can do, if you just continue to question what we say and believe this false teacher, con artist, and deceiver. We have warned you, and showed different proofs that he can't be trusted.

One last thing, why not read about the "two witnesses" in Revelation chapter 11? Listen and listen real good...first of all, he never was seen preaching in sackcloth. And then, he was never able to stop the rain for 3 1/2 years. And third, if he WERE one of the two witnesses, then he would already have laid dead in the streets of Jerusalem for 3 1/2 days, until he was resurrected. This sure has not happened!

Now, if you still insist on believing in him, there's no more we can do, except what I'm going to do...and that is to pray for you. And I promise, I will do that.

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 06:24 AM
But doesn't even the bible say that the last days witness would come from america?? I was watching perry stone one night & he even said he believes he'll come from america.

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 06:35 AM
:hmm:MICAHYAH 4:1-2

Ethnikos
Oct 8th 2008, 07:22 AM
:hmm:MICAHYAH 4:1-2
That's nice that you are interested in studying Revelation but a lot of what is on youtube is disinformation. You have to figure the more popular one of these so-called teachers are, the more likely they are wrong.
There are some people who are pretty good. I watched one by a man from South Africa that was credible.

Perry Stone is one of these people who believe in the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem. I take the opposite view and think the USA is the false prophet.

David Taylor
Oct 8th 2008, 09:15 AM
But doesn't even the bible say that the last days witness would come from america?? I was watching perry stone one night & he even said he believes he'll come from america.

No the Bible doesn't say that...man, you should really try turning off what 'experts' are telling you, and study the Bible yourself, asking the Holy Spirit to lead you to truth; and avoid all outside opinions until you get a better grounding and understanding of His Word.

(Especially guys who have their hands out wanting your money)

Just remember what others have said above, if anyone claims to be a prophet or spokesmen from God; and their teaching is false, or conflicts with the Bible; then they're not a prophet from God; and they're gonna mess you up.

That's why it's most important that you yourself start studying the Bible and learn how to discern truth from the many Charlatans and deceivers that abound today.

threebigrocks
Oct 8th 2008, 02:01 PM

srchin23, stop watching tv, radio and You Tube. You need to be reading the Bible. That is the only truth, and this guy is far from the truth. Any other source of truth will lead you astray if you don't know for yourself what it says.

The Bible also says to test all things by holding it up to itself, to scripture. Hawkins fails that test.

1 John 4

1Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;
3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.
4You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
5They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them.
6We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

You MUST know scripture for yourself. Your eternal destiny depends on it.

1 John 5

7For there are three that testify: 8the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.
9If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that He has testified concerning His Son.
10The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.

If there is testimony from anyone except what comes from God - we are not in agreement with God. Hawkins comes in his own name, not in the name of God.

Why is Hawkins in Texas? The two witnesses do not do their work which the Lord sent them to do in Texas.

Revelation 11

3"And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for twelve hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.
5And if anyone wants to harm them, fire flows out of their mouth and devours their enemies; so if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this way.
6These have the power to shut up the sky, so that rain will not fall during the days of their prophesying; and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to strike the earth with every plague, as often as they desire.
7When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the abyss will make war with them, and overcome them and kill them.
8And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.

Know the Truth. The truth only comes by hearing the Word of God. Hawkins is a false prophet with only his own interests at heart, not your eternal salvation.

Romans 10

16However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, "LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?"
17So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

Not the words of Hawkins. The Word of Christ.

Emanate
Oct 8th 2008, 02:22 PM
You MUST know scripture for yourself. Your eternal destiny depends on it.

That would be a sad state of affairs. I am glad I am not under that yoke of bondage. My eternal destiny is based soley on Messiah Y'shua's finished work.

Why is Hawkins in Texas? The two witnesses do not do their work which the Lord sent them to do in Texas.

That is a silly question. I, as a Texan, can remind you that the center of the world is Texas. If the witnesses do not come from Texas, I am sure they, at the very least, will spend a great deal of time in this wonderful state.:D

Seriously though, werent the witnesses on the mount Moses and Elijah i.e. the Torah and the Prophets.

threebigrocks
Oct 8th 2008, 10:28 PM
That would be a sad state of affairs. I am glad I am not under that yoke of bondage. My eternal destiny is based soley on Messiah Y'shua's finished work.

To know scripture to tell the truth from falsehood is sad????? :confused My salvation and resurrection also lands squarely on Christ Jesus also, but I will have reason for my hope if asked, will defend it and study to show myself approved. Can't do none of that without picking up the Bible.

That is a silly question. I, as a Texan, can remind you that the center of the world is Texas. If the witnesses do not come from Texas, I am sure they, at the very least, will spend a great deal of time in this wonderful state.:D

Silly Texan! :P

Seriously though, werent the witnesses on the mount Moses and Elijah i.e. the Torah and the Prophets.

The two witnesses on the mount were Moses and Elijah. They did indeed represent The Law and the Prophets.

However, people asked John the Baptist if he was Elijah. He said no. Christ said he was. ;) To ponder, as I don't want to create a derailment of catastropic proportions in this thread. That would be for another time.

Emanate
Oct 8th 2008, 11:01 PM
To know scripture to tell the truth from falsehood is sad????? :confused My salvation and resurrection also lands squarely on Christ Jesus also, but I will have reason for my hope if asked, will defend it and study to show myself approved. Can't do none of that without picking up the Bible.

Silly Texan! :P

The two witnesses on the mount were Moses and Elijah. They did indeed represent The Law and the Prophets.

However, people asked John the Baptist if he was Elijah. He said no. Christ said he was. ;) To ponder, as I don't want to create a derailment of catastropic proportions in this thread. That would be for another time.

Silly Texasn? of course

about Moses and Elijah, it is all good maybes, ya know?

MLC
Oct 9th 2008, 04:12 AM
srchin, if you are searching for the truth, don't listen to what a self-proclaimed prophet says and accept him because he is convincing in your mind without testing his words with God's words. Look at what he says, and look at the Biblical evidence, and don't use his website where he may take a single verse out of context, use your own Bible and read the entire chapter(s) or book. And before hand pray to God with a pure, humble, open-minded, and seeking heart and ask him to show you the Truth, what is Good and Holy, what is of Christ, and be willing to throw away all prior thoughts and belief systems that you once had. Do not be stubborn and unwilling to admit you are wrong, come to God with an open mind and modest spirit. As you pray and read the Bible ask God if what this man says is true, and also ask God to take any blinders off of your eyes.

If Hawkins is a true prophet you have nothing to fear if you do this, since you will be reading the Word of God and communing with God himself, and your beliefs will only be confirmed. But if your heart doesn't feel right and something doesn't settle in your heart right, be weary of the path you are following, because it is a path full of deceit. Also, a warning, be sure when you do this that you do it with an open mind, and that you are truly seeking God, not simply looking to prove yourself right in some sort of pride. God will not respect that, and you may only end up deceiving yourself even more.

Now I'll say this to you, this man is a false prophet and is not of God, but I am just a guy on the web so i don't expect you to trust me, (though this is a warning) so go ask God, since you can always trust him. He loves you so much, so if you ask in the proper way he'll show you his love and won't let you be deceived by such a man. Then show him your love back by repenting of your sins.