PDA

View Full Version : prayer for my brother Ron

Oregongrown
Oct 5th 2008, 12:07 AM
He was paralized from the chest down, 2 years ago in a motorcycle accident. He spent his whole life serving on the police department in Eugene Oregon. Then, he and wife Peg went and bought a little home in Bend Oregon. It was not long after that the accident occurred. My brother and his wife are not saved, so I ask for Urgent prayers for his salvation as well as Peggy. I do feel a sense of urgency, not just because my brother may die from the pneumonia he's gotten another surgery, but because I feel time is short for all people to come to know Jesus.

Thank you in advance prayer warriours and I will keep you posted on this thread if I hear anything. I am unable to make the trip over the mountains to Bend at this time. But my younger brother alan is going over. He is not saved either, none of my family of origin is. I was the wildest of the bunch and here I am walking with Jesus. Amazing Grace.

ysic, denise

Oregongrown
Oct 5th 2008, 03:41 AM
thank you so much. I just got a call and my brother is sitting up in bed at the hospital and the pneumonia is subsiding. I don't know how all that works but evidently his lungs are healing. Praise God and thank you all again, denise

livingword26
Oct 5th 2008, 04:16 AM
I'm glad he's doing better. God will honor your prayers, and bring your family into His fold.

Roelof
Oct 5th 2008, 04:31 AM
Dear Father, I pray for the healing of the body of Ron, as well as for his soul, that he will learn to know Jesus Christ:

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. (Jer 17:14)

In the beautiful Name of Christ Jesus. Amen.

Redneck Charger
Oct 5th 2008, 11:33 AM
Jesus.. Please take care of Denise and her brothers.. and her brother Ron who is suffering right now.. Please Jesus take care of this family!! And thank you Jesus for helping to heal Ron.. But please continue to take care of this family and Ron and his family!:pray::pray:

Oregongrown
Oct 5th 2008, 03:11 PM
again, may God bless you all for your prayers. Maybe you could pray for me too. This feels just horrible to have to admit. But lastnight after I got the call and posted the praise report, I started crying. My family and I have been separated since I was saved. I was "over" zealous when I was born-again, well, I don't think you can be over zealous about Jesus. But, I wrote an email so all would know and I "preached" some. I heard back from not one of them except my sister who always stays in touch. She doesn't believe either but she tolerates my beliefs. And I hers(lack of). I did get one letter from my over-intellectual, liberal minded, nephew(the Doctor)and he told me off and said that I needed to hear there were perfectly wonderful happy people that didn't want anything to do with my God. He said "why don't you write to us and let us know how your Summer was" or things like that. We would love to hear about that.

Already too long a story. I haven't gone to see my brother in years, then the accident, and I still haven't been able to go there. I am ashamed, but yet there is so much fear surrounding it. All kinds of fears. I feel like the blacksheep, but I always did. I could never win my brothers approval. He is a critical man. And I have really shown them what a christian is:cry: I don't call(no one has ever called me, I've been expected to though)because I am just as bad. Now everyone is older and closer to dying and I love the Lord but am still so rebellious in some areas. I can't say He is telling me to go see Ron, but, I know He says not to hold something against anyone. My worst fear is going to see them won't change anything. All my life I was with them, growing up I mean and I learned to drink, smoke, cuss and laugh at inappropriate jokes. Sometimes I feel if I could just do that again I would have my family back but I can't go back. Now that I type this I see that when I am around them I revert back and am turning my back on Jesus. I am standing more for Jesus now and I don't want that to change. I don't ever want to be the denise I was.

Im sorry, this probably belongs in another forum? Someone move it for me if you like. I just unloaded. Didn't think about where I was unloading:(

steelerbabe
Oct 6th 2008, 11:27 AM
I am praying for you and your family. Lord, please heal this family physically and spirtually. I heard a sermon yesterday about two brothers who didn't speak to each other for 20 years and both passed away a year a part. The priest wondered if the two brothers are speaking now in eternity:hmm: God has given us free will and will not force anyone to love and serve him. Keep praying for unsaved family members and keep loving them.

Oregongrown
Oct 6th 2008, 01:07 PM
I am praying for you and your family. Lord, please heal this family physically and spirtually. I heard a sermon yesterday about two brothers who didn't speak to each other for 20 years and both passed away a year a part. The priest wondered if the two brothers are speaking now in eternity:hmm: God has given us free will and will not force anyone to love and serve him. Keep praying for unsaved family members and keep loving them.

Thank you sis. I so appreciate your prayers and words. I will keep praying and asking God to help me "break through" any "walls" I have built up. I know there is one, I just need to tear it down with the help of God.

God bless your day, ysic, denise

IMINXTC
Oct 7th 2008, 02:30 AM
We will continue to keep you, your family and particularly your brother in prayer OG, that a new door would open for the Gospel, and for these important physical needs as well.

CoffeeCat
Oct 7th 2008, 03:26 AM
Praying for you, your brother, your family, and for the physical, spiritual emotional healing that is so badly needed here in your family. :hug:

Oregongrown
Oct 1st 2013, 02:19 AM
Praying for you, your brother, your family, and for the physical, spiritual emotional healing that is so badly needed here in your family. :hug:

Thank you CC, I don't know why I don't get all my notifies, but I know God is answering your prayers, I don't know how, but He hears us always. God bless you, denise, ysic

L'Ange
Oct 1st 2013, 01:46 PM
Praying..............

Oregongrown
Oct 1st 2013, 03:10 PM
Praying..............

Thank you so much, I don't pray often enough for my brother, as well as the whole family. I truly appreciate it and you have reminded me to get on my knees now and pray for them, God bless you, denise, ysic:pray:

ContractKeeper
Oct 3rd 2013, 01:39 AM
Praying with you for our Lords touch in healing your family relationships, and for your strength and growing faith to leave this in the hands of Jesus's wisdom and timing.
God bless your trust in Him.

Oregongrown
Oct 3rd 2013, 01:42 AM
Praying with you for our Lords tough in healing your family relationships, and for your strength and growing faith to leave this in the hands of Jesus's wisdom and timing.
God bless your trust in Him. Thank you soooooooo much CK!! May God bless you richly, denise, ysic