PDA

View Full Version : Pray for a guy at my church

*Living~By~Faith*
Oct 5th 2008, 02:13 AM
There is a guy at my church that really needs prayers. He was injured in a car accident eight years ago and still suffers from nerve damage from the accident. The doctors told him that he'd never walk again, but he didn't accept that. Through his faith and several months of physical therapy, he made a recovery and is able to walk.

He is now ordained and is trying to do God's work. But due to his physical health it's getting harder and harder for him to do that. I would say that what he's going through is an attack from the enemy. I have noticed that he's really been down in his spirit over the past few weeks.

His mom told me that he has been having constant pain in his lower back and the pain is now beginning to move up his back. He'll be having some tests done soon to see if the pain is nerve related or muscle related. If it is nerve related then he's looking at having surgery on the sciatic? nerve which may end up causing him to have permit paralysis in his right leg. His mom also told me recently that he doesn't want to be around people when he's in a lot of pain because he's afraid he'll say something that he didn't mean to say. So he ends up pushing people away and pretty much becomes a recluse.

I have a lot of empathy for this guy. While I don't personally know what this guy is going through, I do know from my own experiences what it's like to have to deal with challenges/difficulties that others wouldn't imagine having to deal with on a daily basis.

Please keep this guy in your prayers. He really needs it. This guy is an amazing man of God that is very dedicated to doing God's work.

Roelof
Oct 5th 2008, 04:37 AM
I have noticed that he's really been down in his spirit over the past few weeks.
His mom told me tonight that he has been having constant pain in his lower back and the pain is now beginning to move up his back. He'll be having some tests done soon to see if the pain is nerve related or muscle related.

Dear Father in Heaven, I pray for this guy:

Please remove all pain completely and heal him in full.

O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. (Psa 30:2)

In the powerful Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Redneck Charger
Oct 5th 2008, 11:28 AM
Jeaus.. Please help this guy..and please help ease from his pain and suffering.. Please Jesus..:pray:

turtledove
Oct 5th 2008, 12:41 PM
praying for this servant of the Lord..for continued healing and for the joy of the Lord for him.

Jamesmason1984
Oct 10th 2008, 03:16 AM
Dear heavenly father, i come to you today to ask that u Take away any pain he may be having and strenghten his body in jesus name i pray amen:pray:

IMINXTC
Oct 10th 2008, 03:40 AM
Keeping this servant of the Lord in overcoming Prayer!

*Living~By~Faith*
Oct 12th 2008, 02:01 AM
I wanted to bring this back up again. This guy is having a lot of problems and is in a lot of pain right now.

*Living~By~Faith*
Jan 29th 2009, 02:36 AM
This post is a few months old, but I wanted to bring it back up to ask for prayers again for this guy. His life has been a roller coaster of emotions the past few weeks.

He gave me an update on what he's going through after church. He has a doctor's appointment tomorrow to discuss the surgery that he will be having in a few weeks and to set up the date. He said that he'll not be able to do anything for about five weeks, probably not even be able to come to church after he has this surgery, then. After he recovers from this, then he'll have some other type of procedure done that will take a while to recover from. He said his CT scan on his back came back bad and that he'll have to have that taken care of, but the doctors said they can't do anything about it until after he's nerve problems are taken care of. He said the doctors told him that it'll probably take most of this year for him to recover from everything.

This guy is having to put everything on hold while he's going through this... his ministry, playing in the praise band and won't be able to be at church much. Just pray that he will stay strong while he's enduring these things and that this will all be successful in helping him be able to have a productive life once everything is completed. I've been through a lot in my lifetime, but I can't begin to imagine what he's going through. I just wish I knew what to say to him when I have the chance to talk to him. But the words just don't come.

Frances
Jan 29th 2009, 06:16 PM
:pray: for Healing, encouragement, the Peace of the Lord and relaease from the excruciating pain . . .

GodsamazingGrace77
Jan 29th 2009, 08:33 PM
Praying for healing, strength, encouragement and comfort. :pray:

Marjiealm
Jan 30th 2009, 06:53 PM
Heavenly Father, Your word says that You have forgiven our sins and healed our diseases and in Jesus' name I pray that You're healing would be manifested in Living~By~Faith's friend's body and I thank You that Your healing is complete.
(Psalm 103:3 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%20103:3;&version=31;))