PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for Amanda

Colo25
Oct 6th 2008, 03:33 AM
My best friend in this world is Amanda. Weve known each other for almost 40 years. Last week she was Diagnosed with Graves disease, (Thyroid) which is treatable, but she has been trying to have a baby for about 2 years now. So the Graves disease might be the reason she is not ovulating, but is also the reason she wont be able to have kids.
Heres the treatment options.
1) she does an 18 month regimen of medication that will treat it, but she cannot get pregnant during this time due to birth defect risks. She is 43, and thinks by the time she is done she wont be young enough to concieve.
2)She does a 10 day radiation treatment, that will kill the Thyroid gland completely. If it is klilled her ovulation will never return.
3) She does nothing and in 20 years it will kill her by heart attack, stroke, or some other way. Still no Thyroid activity, no baby.

She is at a loss, and asked me over and over on the phone why God hates her and is punishing her. I prayed with her for a long time, asking The Lord to provide an option, or maybe lead her to the right treatment so she and her husband can have a baby, AND treat the Thyroid disease. I think option 1 is still a viable way to have a baby. I have heard of many women over 45 that have babies, but in her distress, she cant see the forest for the trees so to speak.
Please pray for her. I have never heard her talk like she did friday night, even saying she didnt want to live if she couldnt have a baby. I dont know what its like to have fertitlity or thyroid problems, so all I could do was pray over and over for her, that The Lord may lead her to a solution, and if it is His will, still have a child. Im scared and worried. I love her dearly...:cry:
thank you for any prayers.
ysic,
Colo (kim)

IMINXTC
Oct 6th 2008, 04:01 AM
Praying for Amanda, especially about her graves disease, which can cause such tremendous emotional suffering. Praying also about her desire to have a child.

Redneck Charger
Oct 6th 2008, 08:04 AM
Please Jesus.. Please Help Amanda wit her Graves disease.. Please help her find away to cure it, and have a child she so desires to have.. Have they looked into adoption and save one of the many children in the world who are looking for lovely parents to adopt them? Please Jesus take care of Amanda..:pray:

steelerbabe
Oct 6th 2008, 11:14 AM
Offering prayers for Amanda:pray:May God's will be done.

turtledove
Oct 6th 2008, 04:03 PM
praying for healing for Amanda and good medical help for the condition of Grave's disease.

jsph110
Oct 7th 2008, 10:30 PM
May God heal her and give her a child in Jesus' name.

larry2
Oct 8th 2008, 03:58 AM
Precious Father, Please show Your grace to Amanda at this time. Help her as only You can and heal her in the way. You know the sorrow and emotional effect these deseases have on her, and You have asked us to come boldly to Your throne of grace to obtain mercy, and find grace to help in our time of need. Father, I stand in Your presence asking for the healing of Amanda to Your glory in the name of Your Son Jesus. AMEN.

Ashley274
Oct 8th 2008, 05:09 AM
Praying for your friend :hug::pray:

Colo25
Oct 8th 2008, 03:55 PM
Oh My...thank you all for your prayers! She is indeed a special person not just to me, but to everyone she touches. She is doing better, I got her to smile some the other day, which makes us all happy to see her smile again. She is still in a bad place as far as emotions and anger goes, but she is working through it with the help of The Lord.
Red she is thinking of adoption or fostering, but not until she is better and knows for sure she cannot have any children.
Thank you again, you guys rock, and are always there with a helpful prayer.
God bless,
Colo