PDA

View Full Version : My testimony

Beholding_the_Lamb
Sep 28th 2008, 11:02 PM
My Hearts Desire,

I am not very good at "forums", I never manage to write what I am thinking so that one can know also the emotion that I feel. I am one of those persons who needs a disclaimer right from the top that says " No matter how my post makes you feel, or what you think you've heard-I really DO LOVE YOU and I Believe! :kiss::pp I guess I am just one of "those" who likes looking people in the eyes while they talk so I can note if those eyes are full of joy, pain, or tears, and if perhaps it was I who put it there by being speaking words of comfort from the Lord or, heaven forbid, words of self. :no: No, forums just aren't me, but I try.:blush:

I agree with you, NO ONE who truly belongs to the Lord, those who have been chosen from before the foundation of the earth can lose their salvation. I love Romans 8 which tells us
Rom 8:29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
Rom 8:30 And those whom he predestined, he also called; and those whom he called, he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified.
Rom 8:31 What, then, can we say about all of this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Rom 8:32 The one who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for all of us-surely he will give us all things along with him, won't he?
Rom 8:33 Who can bring an accusation against God's chosen people? It is God who justifies them!
Rom 8:34 Who can condemn them? Christ Jesus, who died-and more importantly, who has been raised and is seated at the right hand of God-is the one who is also interceding for us!

I believe the only reason we do not lose our salvation is because as true believers we do the will of the Father, ( Matt7) and we allow ourselves to be conformed to the Image of Jesus Christ by picking up our cross and dying to our flesh, just as He did. And also because He who began this work in us is able to complete it. And it's only by God's grace that any of it happens, Praise be to the Name of Jesus, who is King of Kings and Lord of Lord's and to the Father who is the Only True God!

When I first got saved, I saw myself as a little girl climbing up on Daddy God's lap, laying my head on his chest and just crying my heart out. Sometimes it was because I had just been abused, sometimes it was for the abuser, or maybe I was telling Him how much I loved Him. Most often it was because I had just behaved very badly. Frequently, it was only He and I that noticed whatever sin it was that I was sorry and repenting of and asking for forgiveness for. I often think of what Jesus said in Luke 7:47Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
I hope you will bare with me as I share this for there is a point I am trying to get too...really

I was tossed around like a rotten egg as a child and finally around 10 or 11 my Dad took me to an orphanage. He didn't tell me where we were going, he just load me in the car to "take a drive". When we arrived at this modern, sanitary, red brick building we parked and went in. There was no one in the lobby and you could hear the echo of your voice when you spoke. There was a lady sitting behind a glass window with a little metal round space in it that you spoke through. My dad placed me in front of him as we walked pass the empty seats and with his hand in the middle of my back, nudged me toward the window. Then I heard my fathers voice, which was unusually loud for him, and magnified by the echo bouncing off the walls say “Take her, I don't want her anymore". Can you imagine the shock? There had been no "warning shots" given, no threats, nothing to tip me off or prepare me. Well, if that wasn't bad enough, they didn't want me either "ha ha daddy" is what I thought but actually they explained the legal issues to him and how he would have to sign away parental rights and have it approved by a judge etc.
So, he thanked the lady and we walked back out past those empty chairs, across the parking lot, and to the car in silence. There was silence for weeks, in fact the silence between my father and I did not break until there was a knock at the door and when opened a very well dressed older woman was standing there. My father spoke then, and he said “go get the box from under your bed and put your things in it and go with this woman", and that was it. I was now officially an orphan "ta da! That was a good magic trick daddy!” There were few other things that hurt more, because this was my dad, who I adored and when I say “things” I mean all types of abuse and rape and things spawned in the places where demons dwell.

Between the ages of 10 and 19 I lived to fulfill my father’s spoken expectations of me. My father was diagnosed as being a “psychopath now they use the word sociopath” which explains now what I did not understand then and that is why his words to me were always so cruel and demeaning and outright nasty.
Nineteen was the age at which the Lord called me to himself, I had accumulated a lot of things that required serious forgiveness. My garment was not " just spotted", I had rolled in puddles of mud and other things that smelled real bad, had let it dry, and then rolled again and again. Understandably, when the day came and Father God called my name and drew me to Him I repented wholeheartedly, accepting the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ for my sin, I not only was washed but somehow God cut out that hard heart and poured so much love into me that I can't help but to love and to forgive. It's not me, it's God. I had hoped to share a testimony here but after doing a word count I couldn’t.
I am trying to learn to keep things short. I had posted previously in the “Maturing in Christ” section and had to divide what I was sharing into Praising God Part 1 and then Part 2. I sincerly thank everyone of you that took the time to read all of that. I pray the Lord rewards you for your loving kindness and sacrifice.

It's not that I am not able to forgive myself, and wasn’t sure if you were implying this or not when you said "Sometimes we can't forgive ourselves until we see ourselves totally forgiven by God". It is a truthful statement regardless. I do admit that forgiving others has always been easier for me that to forgive myself and it has been a difficult lesson to learn for me.
I am able to say that by God’s grace and healing that I have forgiven myself for the weakness, disobedience, the adultery. The pain I caused Michael’s former wife has been more difficult but because I know Father God did forgive me when I repented I am able to forgive myself but it’s taken a lot of casting down of imaginations and high things that wish to exalt themselves above God.
My battle and question is whether our illnesses are judgments we must live with due to our actions being willful disobedience or not. Even though I was being deceived by the lies being taught from the pulpits, and somewhat later, I was self-deceived into thinking that since "I had learned to delight myself in the Lord He was now giving me the desires of my heart" which had always been to have a wonderful loving husband who also loved the Lord, I have a distinct memory of telling him that leaving his wife for me was not right, and he should go home and " create with his wife, whatever it was he was getting from me that made him so happy". So I knew it was wrong, I was under conviction, and I went ahead and did it anyway.

Michael had been diagnosed with just one of the 3 illnesses he has now before he retired from 24 years in the military, which was just before I met him in 2001.
I began to get sick with that same illness ( chronic fatigue) about 8 months after we moved in together, and we both came down with the other illnesses "together" for the course of the next year so that by 2003 I had already filed and was about to receive my disability. These illnesses are not contagious so we didn't catch them from each other. It's obvious that they are a curse ( as all sickness and disease is).

The reason we are seeking the truth is so we know how to respond biblically and correctly.
If this about our faith is being tested, then we will keep walking in faith and standing against the enemy. If this is a judgment because of willful sin, then we need to stop fighting against God and accept it and yes, keep praying for his mercy.

In addition and equally important is that, I believe strongly that there are many who love God who do not believe that there is sin that having been committed can, will, and do, bring judgments like this.
I had never heard Hebrews 10:26-29 taught. Nor the lesson of the death of King David’s child and sword that did not depart from his house because of willful sin. Granted, I did not read my Bible much on my own, and relied on those in the pulpit to guide me into what I need to know. So, I bear a lot of the responsibility here for my own ignorance. Although I am not like this today, there are many out there who mimic my past behavior and they will perish because of it.

It concerns me deeply that in the Western Church today, that many preachers are teaching that there are no real consequences for sin anymore. I know for a fact that one man seeking to be set free from homosexuality drove down a main strip in one of Americas largest cities and stopped at every Church whose doors were open to him and spoke to whatever "clergy" was present. I am not sure how many "pastors" or leaders if you will he said that he actually spoke with. Some , although they were there, refused to talk to him without an appointment, some because he was not a member, whatever. I believe he attempted to go into 50 churches of all denominations. Not one told him that he could be delivered by accepting Christ and receiving deliverance...NOT ONE...some told him that God love him and forgave him, many told him that he was going to hell, several told him " Well, homosexuality is in the Bible, and the Bible says they will go to hell, and SOMEONE HAS TO FULFILL THE SCRIPTURE!

IF what my husband and I are going through is because we committed willful sin, and we could be like this for as long as our lives last, or it leads to death as in the case of David's child. Then I want to be able to stand here in front of my brothers and sisters and say without hesitation "THIS IS WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU WILLFULLY SIN, DON'T DO IT". Let what we suffer be a warning and an example and worth something to our brethren!

Until I hear from the Lord that I/we are being lied to by the enemy, and our faith is being tested, because we were not in willful sin and disobedience, just deceived and stupid, OR that we are seeing Hebrew 10 in its full application, I am going to flip flop, like a fish, and no one who is double minded receives anything from God (James 1:7).

So this is why this is so important to me. I am either flipping or flopping, or I am going to live the rest of life like a beacon; warning people who do not understand as I did not understand what happens when one decides that it's okay to “just this onto "fall weak", or give in, or whatever it is our flesh and the devils are wanting us to say and believe instead of it being willful SIN!

Thank you once again for replying and listening to such a long reply from me. I so want to go and hide in the silence of my home and just pray and not put this out here for the world to read. However, I believe this is something the Lord Jesus wants us to think upon, it’s one of those things that is spoken about in the Word which says Pro 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing; But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

Maybe it’s clear to everyone but me, in which case, I thank you for being weak to the weak and for your patience.

Blessings

Rachele

threebigrocks
Oct 6th 2008, 04:59 PM
Please let me know that you see your post here, in the Testimonies forum. It was suited best here. :)

Beholding_the_Lamb
Oct 6th 2008, 06:24 PM
Greetings Threebigrocks,

Yes, I do see you moved this post. It wasn't written to be part of my testimony as such, but was a response " My Hearts desire" as to the issue of whether or not I had forgiven myself and a further explanation as to why I was discussing the passage in Hebrews 10 and seeking an answer as to it's meaning, However, it is in truth I did get carried away and this turned out to be "part of my testimony as a whole" so I understand why it was moved.
This just strenghtens my statement "that I am not very good with forums". Sometimes it's hard when one is seeking answers to seperate everything that is going on inside as at times everything is wrapped around each other like sheets in the dryer...I apologize and will work on it!

All is well with my heart;) and I understand why it was moved. Thank you for letting me know that you had done it and why. :hug:
Blessings
Rachele

Seeker of truth
Oct 7th 2008, 01:03 PM
Thank you for sharing your testimony :hug:

Don't worry about the forum mixup. It takes awhile to figure out what goes where :)

ƒσяєяυииєя
Oct 7th 2008, 11:05 PM
Hello Rachele,

Thanks for sharing...

Well you know it`s written:

"But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery." Mat 5.32

My prayer is that this promise might be able to fufill within you

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." Jer. 33:3

________
All peace

-"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation..."[Salvation from what?.]
-Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
________
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. (Romans 1:16; John 8:34; Jude 1:24-25.)
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/5459/natureavyty7.jpg

helios
Oct 10th 2008, 08:13 PM
Great testimony!

livingwaters
Oct 14th 2008, 03:01 AM
My heart feels the pain you must have felt growing up in those circumstances. You know, each night as I pray, I always ask God to take all children out of those tormenting situations that they cannot control. I, myself, as a child wondered why God let me suffer what I suffered. All I know now is that HE was right there with me or else I would have not survived or my life would have had a different outcome!!! Alleluia...don't get me wrong, it was a very long time before I called on the name of Jesus in desperation, not knowing what else to do....But, glory to God, when I did call on that mighty name, HE came right then and saved me. HE gave me the resources and renewed mind to know the steps to take or not take.

So, the Word does say we will have trials and tribulations. Only God knows the end from the beginning. HE said HE would not put more on us than we could bear. HE said we would be chastised, as needed, because we are HIS children...Amen!!! So, whatever way HE sees fit to deal with me, I know that HE is in control of ALL things and whatever the devil meant for evil(bad), GOD will turn it around for good.

I remember reading what Paul said about his affliction..he said he prayed three times for the Lord to "remove the thorn from his side." The Lord told him that HIS grace was sufficient for Paul, and did not remove the affliction. But, remember also, Paul said the affliction was from the devil...I, personally, don't think God gives HIS children diseases, since Jesus paid the price for all diseases, by HIS stripes, on the Cross..Amen. Now, if we continually sin and harden our hearts toward God, then, I think we open the door for satan to send whatever he will our way. That's my opinion!!!!

Now, I feel like I'm rambling, so, I'll close. Hope this helps..Shoot, I forgot what your questions were?!!~~ LOL

God Bless:hug: