PDA

View Full Version : I cant understand

endlessrain
Oct 6th 2008, 08:23 PM
I went to a christian high school for 7 years
Some of the kids that have graduated and kids that still go there are just endluging in sin

I am a sinner I have things that I need help with and Jesus helps me but

I just cant understand how us kids who had been reading the Bible and learning Biblical princples can be going to gay bars. drinking, doing drugs, having sex, going to clubs and getting pregent

Maybe I have a plank in my eyes and Im noticing specks in others eyes
but this truly upsets me

If anyone has a scripture or is in a simlar situation plz help me

Revinius
Oct 7th 2008, 02:41 AM
Isaiah 39:13 The Lord says:
"These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is made up only of rules taught by men."

Some people think they only need to be 'Christian' on a sunday. They arent Christians. If they knew the truth that is Christ, then their hearts would be horrified at that attitude.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

How can an apparent Christian, or someone brought up with the knowledge of the Bible still turn from it? They want to. That's what sin is, turning away from God, rejecting the one who gave everything. In the end it all only goes to show how completely depraved we are, how much we need God to make the first step in our change, because we are completely incapable of it ourselves.

Pray for these people, ask the lord to change their hearts of stone.

I used to have a heart of stone, as hard as rock but now it's gone.
A heart of flesh is in its place, made soft by Gods amazing grace.

RebeccaG
Oct 7th 2008, 04:04 AM
If we could find a way to make ourselves "all good all the time" or something like that, we would have done it already. Isn't that why God sent Jesus in the first place? He had already given us ways to stay in his grace, but we screwed it up.

Everyday I get up with the intention of "doing good" today. And everyday I screw it up. But everyday, when I confess to God, he forgives me.

But not everyone is in a place to see that what they are doing is sin. It's not "a big thing" (like murder, for example), so it's not sin. I'm only have sex with someone I really love, so it's not sin.

Going to a christian school or going to church on Sundays doesn't make us true Christians. Don't worry about what "everyone else" is doing. Pray for them.

Itisfinished
Oct 7th 2008, 04:39 PM
Hey endlessrain, know that ritual dosnt make you holy or acceptable to God as it was stated earlier in the thread Isaiah 39:13. God looks at the heart unlike people do so trust and believe He knows ALL. I believe that if your not affecting those that are around you then your being infected. So continue to be the salt of the earth and constantly let your light shine, it is the will of your Father in heaven. Be encouraged. Also just because you see the wrong that people do, dosnt mean that your judging them its just that the Spirit of God in you allows you to know the difference. The bible tells us to provoke one another to love and good works. There must be a relationship developed between the believer and the Father that happens when the agape love of the Father is desired within the heart of the believer this is how we as lovers of Christ daily turn from iniquity and repent, its because of a relationship. Everyone is not as receptive to the finished works of Christ and though they know of him they don't know him. Peace + Blessings

Itisfinished
Oct 7th 2008, 05:03 PM
Jeremiah:8 Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit.
9Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not;
10And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations? 11Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the LORD.
And always pray for them 1thes 5:17
1 thess: 14Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
Romans:1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
I hope this helps as well

Buzzword
Oct 7th 2008, 10:35 PM
In my experience, the more a child is crushed under the thumb of religious institutions, parents, etc, the more drastic his/her reaction to being freed will be, assuming they aren't working AROUND their oppression the whole time.

Watch the movie Saved! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0332375/) sometime.
It's a great satire of what goes on in "Christian" private schools, and I saw much of the same things during my 3 years at a christian college.

In many areas, the more "DON'T DO IT!" is hammered into our heads, the more we WANT to do whatever is being damned by authority figures over us, whether it be sex, drinking, drugs, or simply hanging out with the "wrong" crowd.

Revinius
Oct 8th 2008, 02:37 AM
i think alot of kids getting treated like animals doesnt help the situation. When kids get to highschool they are adults (biblically) and if there is conjecture on what they should or shouldnt do it should be explained because they are adults.

TruthFaith
Oct 8th 2008, 03:13 AM
Also, I remember a lot of kids being racist to kids who looked like brown-called them hindus, muslims, etc.

*Hope*
Oct 9th 2008, 05:46 AM
People are fallen, and even those who are redeemed often struggle with strongholds.

σяєяυииєя
Oct 9th 2008, 05:42 PM
Hey Rainy,

You know it`s prophesied:

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

And a little bit after it says, the advise:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy chapter 3

God bless

-"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto
salvation..."[Salvation from what?.]
-Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin isthe servant of sin.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. (Romans 1:16; John 8:34; Jude 1:24-25.)

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/5459/natureavyty7.jpg

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3020/lifesigyyt9.gif

Chimon
Oct 11th 2008, 12:19 AM
You have just articulated one of the arguments against Christian education, but that's another conversation altogether. Essentially, the answer to your question is 1. These people probably aren't saved, and 2. You can't expect moral behavior out of nonbelievers (1 Cor 5.)

Learning the Bible, going to church, going to a Christian school, and having Christian parents is not sufficent to bring someone into the kingdom of heaven. They need to trust Christ as Lord and Savior. While they may profess to do this, those who trust Christ are trying to follow his commandments. A disregard for Christ's teaching indicates a lack of trust in Christ's power or wisdom or love.

I think the best thing you can do is 1. pray, and 2. live out a life that exemplifies Christ. Often times, people who grow up knowing the Bible need to see grace, love, and faith lived out before they can trust in a gracious, loving, faithful God themselves.