PDA

View Full Version : Prayer warrior had a stroke

Studyin'2Show
Oct 7th 2008, 10:16 AM
My sister-in-law's mother had a massive stroke last night while she was on the telephone with her. I have only met her mother once in person since we live in different parts of the country but the one time left a wonderful impression. Plus, over the 10 years now that I have been saved, she has been an amazing prayer warrior for me and my family when we have been in need. She has a network that she will call on whenever we needed prayer and they would all pray.

Now, she is in need of that prayer so I am calling on all of you to be a prayer warrior for her. She was in a coma last night but she did wake up and respond by moving her hands and toes but the 2nd CT scan shows that there has been brain damage. It's too early to know if it's reversible but we all are on good terms with the Great Physician and we know that with Him ALL things are possible! Please be in prayer with me for her recovery and for her family as they go through this difficult time. :pray:

God Bless!
Denise

Redneck Charger
Oct 7th 2008, 10:19 AM
Please Jesus help Denise's prayer warrior. She had a stroke..and needs you to help her recover.. Please Jesus..:pray:

KingFisher
Oct 7th 2008, 11:16 AM
:pray:ing...Please Lord hear my supplication. I ask that you be with this dear
sister that has been such a prayer warrior for so many. I ask that you will
guide the doctors, nurses and caretakers. May they look to you to guide
their able hands. I pray that you will be with all the family and loved
ones. May they feel your loving presence in comforting them in these
circumstances.

May they look to you for the hope that endures, in your Son Jesus Christ.

With heartfelt love,
KingFisher

turtledove
Oct 7th 2008, 12:26 PM
Studyin, I am joining you in prayer for your prayer warrior. :pray: God, heal this dear one who has prayed for and blessed so many others. Be with her loved ones as they go through this difficult time together. Bless and comfort her friend, Studyin'Show too. In the Name of Jesus.

I will continue praying today whenever the Lord brings it to mind.

walked
Oct 7th 2008, 03:25 PM
Praying with you for PrayerWarrior, her family and friends.

Studyin'2Show
Oct 7th 2008, 06:08 PM
Though I could not seem to remember her name this morning, it was just emailed to me.... Alicia. She is out of the coma but has no movement on her right side YET. Her brain is swelling but they expect that to go down. Let's continue to pray for a miraculous recovery. Thank you all!

God Bless!

IMINXTC
Oct 7th 2008, 06:22 PM
Will be praying for Alicia, a prayer warrior!

larry2
Oct 8th 2008, 04:06 AM
Father, You know the end of all things, and exactly what You are going to do in this precious saint of Yours. Please have great mercy in her life at this time, and not only for her, but for those that love her. Have You perfect will be done in this manner, and show Your great love in all that's said and done in her life in Jesus' name. AMEN.

Ashley274
Oct 8th 2008, 05:06 AM
Praying for Alica

Studyin'2Show
Oct 8th 2008, 02:23 PM
For all that have been praying here's an update from my sister-in-law that she sent to the staff of the magazine for which we both write.
Last night, Mom regained movement on her right side. She was also able to move her left hand and point to her right leg, when it was hurting last night. Yay for pain. Before that she was only wiggling her fingers. When I was leaving her once yesterday, she grabbed my hand when I tried to walk away.

She's been trying to talk and she's smiled and tried to laugh. She recognizes all our family and anyone that has come in the room, we've had people she hasn't seen in years come and she knows them.

My brother is here from Atlanta and my sister will be in from Idaho tomorrow afternoon.

They have not been able to get her off the ventilator yet, they've tried to decrease it twice and she could not breathe on her own. The Dr. said that as the swelling on the brain decreases, the different functions of her body will come back, one is her lungs, when her brain tells her lungs to breathe, then she will. Right now it's working on getting her arms and legs working. The Dr. said he wasn't worried about her breathing yet, they needed to concentrate on her brain recovering.

She did have a fever last night. But they have her on antibiotics, in case of an infection. But when she got there Monday in a coma, she was very cold, and we prayed for her body to warm up. The Dr.s and Nurses are amazed at her recovery, they saw her come in off the ambulance, 20-30 minutes after the stroke, in a coma, on a ventilator, they didn't expect her to live through the night. The Dr. had already told my brother and I, maybe 2 hours, maybe the night, the Dr.'d come in and given me his condolences, the last rights were done. And 30 minutes later she opened her eyes and has improved since. We give God all the Glory.

My mother is a strong prayer warrior and when I need prayers she's the first one I go to, so I did. Yesterday, I told her exactly what was wrong, what God had already healed (the bleeding) and told her to specifically pray for each thing, the feeling in the right side, the brain swelling, her breathing. Later I asked her if she'd been praying and she moaned that she was, that was the first sound she'd made.

She has a long road of recovery ahead of her, my family appreciates all the prayers, keep praying.

Thank you,
God BlessGod is soooooo goooood! :pp

KingFisher
Oct 8th 2008, 02:48 PM
Awesome! :pp
I will continue to pray. :pray:

Thanks for keeping us posted.
KingFisher

moonglow
Oct 8th 2008, 02:54 PM
I will be sure to pray for her complete and total healing too! Our God is an awesome God!

karenoka27
Oct 8th 2008, 03:00 PM
Just seeing this now, and I am joining with everyone in prayer.

Colo25
Oct 8th 2008, 03:59 PM
Awesome that she is showing improvements, and you have my prayers for her continued recovery! Praise Jesus!
ysic,
Colo

Studyin'2Show
Oct 9th 2008, 04:46 PM
Here's another update from Margie.
Yesterday morning, they tried to take out the breathing tube, but Mom stressed and her BP spiked, so they stopped and said they would try again today. When I left her after the 5:00 visit she looked like a stroke patient, her face has been distorted and swollen, it was very hard to leave her, she cries now when we leave, wont let go of my hand or my Dads. So I went to the waiting room, very upset and stayed there till the 9:00 pm visit. I was shocked when I walked in the room at 9:00 pm, she looked like herself, just had the tubes in her and the ventilator, her face was no longer distorted, no longer swollen. Her eyes were clearer, when earlier they were looking in opposite directions at the same time, before that they'd been doing the rapid eye movement, darting all around.

The 9:00 pm visit is our 2 hour visit, and while we were there she started taking in big breaths, and the nurse came in and told us she was breathing some on her own, the oxygen does what she can't do. So I pray that today they are able to either lower the oxygen more or take her off the ventilator.

She seems to have full movement on her left side, but only tiny movement on her right and no feelings when we touch her, but she keeps complaining about her right leg hurting her, they give her pain meds for that.

From the minute she was in a coma, and after she woke up from that, the Dr.s told us that there was nothing they could do, they'd considered surgery, told us yesterday they weren't doing that. (when I told mom that, she looked up and tried to mouth thank God, I've seen her do that so many times, when she says thank God, she always looks up, so I knew what she was trying to say). But any recovery, she's had, is all God. The first Dr. that saw her was very upset, kept calling the Nuerologist asking if there was anything they could do for her and he said no. I honestly don't think she'd survive surgery, not with her BP getting that high. So thank God they aren't doing that.

My family appreciates all the prayers from all over the world.

Thank you.

moonglow
Oct 9th 2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the updates...I prayed again for complete and total healing for her...

God bless

Studyin'2Show
Oct 10th 2008, 10:08 AM
And the recovery continues! :)
Good Morning:

They were still unable to take Mom off the respirator Thursday morning. But she did breathe totally on her own. So we know she can, and that's what matters. They will try again today, they try around 9 am, it's very stressful for Mom and raises her blood pressure.

She was also able to communicate with us better yesterday, they gave her a letter board and we can call out the letters, till she nods that we have the right one. She asked for my sister that way, just took us a minute to realize she was asking in spanish, not english, she said hija. Today, I'm taking her a dry erase board, that will make it a lot easier.

My sister made it to Columbia safely from Idaho, which gave me a rest, I can go home at night now, after the 5:00 pm visit. She was amazed at how well Mom looks. She looks great, her eyes are clear now, she can focus better.

She has been having pain on her right side, and that's the side that she hasn't moved anymore. But as the brain is recovering, and more of her is recovering, she's feeling pain, her legs are very sore, which is bad that she's in pain, but it means she can feel. The fever finally broke yesterday, thank God.

Continue to pray for my family, we appreciate all the prayers. We're beyond exhausted, and I know we have a long road ahead of us, but as my daughter Renee' said, "at least we have a road". BTW, that's Columbia, SC not the country. ;) Thank you all again for being there in prayerful support.

turtledove
Oct 10th 2008, 03:30 PM
Praise the Lord! Our prayers here continue. :pray: