PDA

View Full Version : What are the ways to make your poems spread to the audience?

figueroapam
Oct 7th 2008, 11:17 AM
Hi and my regards to everyone, poem is a way to express yourself and the surroundings that influence you in many ways. There have been poets that have touched either of us and on which I believe that we get inspired to write poetry. One of my favorites is Sir William Wordsworth of whose Daffodils was a great work. I have too some of written poems which I believe will be a pleasure to hear. What are the different ways that one can use to spread their works to the audience?

Tanya~
Oct 7th 2008, 03:56 PM
If you like, you can post a poem here. :)

griffinyen
Oct 8th 2008, 08:20 AM
That was indeed a nice poem by Williams and would recommend everyone to have a look at that if they are unknown to it. My cousin has a poetic side too other than his student routine and recently he had mentioned about poetry visualized (http://poetryvisualized.com/) where the members review the poems posted by other members, either in text or audio and give a touch of their own in terms of graphics, video, paintings and lots of other creative things that suits the poem. It is a splendid way to see your work in a visualized manner as there is belief that people remember the visual scenes more than the audio ones and I believe that this will make your poem more noticed.

Beloved by God
Nov 10th 2008, 01:09 AM
You should post them on lots of sites and get them into magazines. I have been looking for a magazine that wants religious poems but have not been able to find one yet. In fact I can't ever find a place to enter a poem for use in any magazine.
If you can figure that out let me know!!

moonglow
Nov 10th 2008, 02:09 AM
You can use windows movie maker on your computer and put pictures and music with them and make a video to upload on youtube. I have seem some really nice poems done this way in fact. Pick out some music with no singing in it. :)