PDA

View Full Version : Need prayer to stop listening to people's negativity

Moon
Oct 8th 2008, 01:49 AM
I need urgent prayer tonight to help me stop listening to other people's negative opinions and doubts and ONLY follow God's direction.

A lot of people, so-called friends, neighbors (people are unfortunately gossiping about me around town) are telling me over and over again to abandon my troubled relationship. God is telling me deep down in my soul though to keep walking with Him THROUGH the fire and not give up. I've prayed extensively about this, and keep hearing Him say internally to me, "He whom you love is (emotionally) sick, but this sickness isn't unto death but for the glory of God so the Son of God can be glorified through it."

But people around me don't understand. I'm finding it hard to separate myself from those who doubt. I'm finding it hard to keep walking forward and listen to HIM ALONE in such darkness, in such troubling and painful circumstances, when others around me are being so discouraging and judgemental on top of it. But I KNOW that I KNOW what He spoke to me.

There's only one other person on the planet who is supporting me right now, and that is a Christian therapist/minister that God has placed in my path. The therapist believes that if I am so strongly led to keep walking forward and not give up on this relationship, then I MUST keep walking forward and remove myself from seeking or needing other's wordly approval.

Please help me and support me in pressing forward with Hope and Faith, knowing that it IS exactly what God wants me to do. Please pray that I will trust Him and have the strength to turn away from all the naysayers and listen only to Him and those who understand His guidance and voice.

I could really use some support. I feel alone, given how bad the situation looks and sounds like on the surface.

~Moon

IMINXTC
Oct 8th 2008, 01:54 AM
Praying for you Moon, that our Lord will comfort you in these struggles, and that you will find the resolve to keep on keepin on, regardless of how others may attempt to influence you,, that you will find peace in His will.

And you are not alone!

Ashley274
Oct 8th 2008, 05:12 AM
Moon I am praying for you :hug:

Redneck Charger
Oct 8th 2008, 10:34 AM
Moon.. You must keep your faith..and keep walking down the path the Lord has put down for you... No matter what stands in your way.. You must keep praying and talking to Jesus.. and I ask Jesus to help you overcome this.. and that he keeps talking to you for you to keep your faith.. Please Jesus..:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

turtledove
Oct 8th 2008, 12:27 PM
Moon, praying for your help in this. :pray: