PDA

View Full Version : Is is too late?

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 02:23 AM
:confusedwhen is it to late 4 a person???????????

The Parson
Oct 8th 2008, 02:30 AM
You're probably going to have to give us more to go on... Too late for supper? Too late to get saved??? That sorta thingy.

srchin23
Oct 8th 2008, 02:47 AM
yeaaaaah saved;)

The Parson
Oct 8th 2008, 03:01 AM
Honestly, it is totally up to the person hearing the Gospel. I personally believe that if someone refuses to hear the call of the Holy Ghost to be saved, ultimatley their heart gets hardened. In which case it can be too late. Even more so if they develop a reprobate heart and mind...

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 1:30: Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

lendtay
Oct 8th 2008, 03:22 AM

I think its only "too late" when you die.

crossnote
Oct 8th 2008, 05:20 AM

One second after 'now'.

σяєяυииєя
Oct 8th 2008, 05:36 AM
I think, therefore I am...

I mean you know the last judgement will take place...
So Christ is now in the most Holy place in the true sactuary of which the earthen sactuary was but a shadow, as it is written in the book of Hebrews.

As it is written:
""And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness."" Mal. 3:3

So Christ is now refining His people, but when the judgement of the living [bearing in mind now is judging the death or maybe the living] begins then we do not know when it is our turn, and It will seal our eternal destiny.

And it will be said:
"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." Rev 22:11.

And the other point is when Jesus said:

"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men." Mat.12:31.

I trust this to be clear enough my friend

-"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation..."[Salvation from what?.]
-Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. (Romans 1:16; John 8:34; Jude 1:24-25.)

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/5459/natureavyty7.jpg

A820djd
Oct 8th 2008, 06:02 AM
"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men." Mat.12:31.

What does this mean?

Ethnikos
Oct 8th 2008, 07:06 AM
when is it to late 4 a person?
Revelation 15:8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.

This is when it will be too late. This happen right when everyone is either given the mark or are sealed.

David Taylor
Oct 8th 2008, 09:17 AM
Read Luke 23:37-46....

How late can salvation be given by the Lord to a repentent sinner?

Ethnikos
Oct 8th 2008, 09:38 AM
Read Luke 23:37-46....
How late can salvation be given by the Lord to a repentent sinner?Until judgment day. Problem is, it is coming up in the near future. If you receive the mark of the beast, that is your judgment and then you are toast.

σяєяυииєя
Oct 8th 2008, 06:29 PM
Until judgment day. Problem is, it is coming up in the near future. If you receive the mark of the beast, that is your judgment and then you are toast.

Hmm interesting doct.. Ethnikos.. :cool:

What does this mean?

Scot according to the Amplified Bible:

"Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy (every evil, abusive, injurious speaking, or indignity against sacred things) can be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the [Holy] Spirit shall not and cannot be forgiven. Mat. 12.31

But in short: I guess some one who wants not to be saved at all, so who rejects and doesn`t want to be saved, ...

Remeber the Pharisees and Sadducees, they were to be taught but, they didn`t want to.

As it`s written:

""And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.""John 3:19.

-"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation..."[Salvation from what?.]
-Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. (Romans 1:16; John 8:34; Jude 1:24-25.)

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/5459/natureavyty7.jpg

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3020/lifesigyyt9.gif

Scruffy Kid
Oct 8th 2008, 10:53 PM
Dear srchin23,
Welcome to Bibleforums! :hug:
It's great to have you here!! :pp :pp :pp

:note: Is is too late?
:confused when is it to late 4 a person???????????
... Too late to get saved??? That sorta thingy.
:D
yeaaaaah saved;)There are several bible passages which bear on the question you asked.

Jesus came to call all sinners to turn away from sin,
and to turn to Him, and through Him to God the Father

Of course one needs to start out by realizing that "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners." (I Tim. 1:15)

Jesus spent time with notorious sinners -- traitors, people who exploited others, prostitutes, and so on. He went to parties with them. He let them touch Him. He invited them to parties. This infuriated some people who considered themselves to be very upright and highly ethical people. Jesus associated with genuine riff-raff, preached the gospel to them, and even accepted some into the closest circle of his friends. Thus, Jesus invited Matthew (also called Levi) to be one of the 12 apostles, one of His closest friends, and went to a feast at his house. The reaction from religious leaders of the time was one of shock and disapproval: "How can he eat and drink with tax-collectors (traitors) and sinners?" (Mark 2:16) They felt that this was not right, especially for a religious leader! Jesus' reply was "It's not people who are healthy who need a doctor, but people who are sick! I didn't come to call people who lead upright lives to repent -- I came to call sinners" to turn to God. (2:17)

On a different occasion, Jesus responded to the same criticism by saying "a shepherd with 100 sheep, if one of them strays, will leave the 99 and go find the one." (Luke 15:4 paraph.) Such a shepherd "puts the lost sheep on his shoulders and carries it home with joy" (paraph.), Christ tells us; and He concludes by saying "in just this way, there is more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 just people, who don't need to repent." (15:7) This is so important that Jesus goes on to tell two more stories to illustrate the same point.

On yet another occasion when Jesus was criticized for inviting a persistent sinner to eat together, Jesus replied that He "came to seek and to save that which was lost."

In this Jesus builds upon the Old Testament, which makes the same point many times and in many ways. "I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked" God says to Ezekiel, "but rather that he should turn from his wrong ways, and live!" (Ezek. 33:11). The books of Moses similarly say that God is "patient and slow to anger, and of great kindness."

Similarly, Jesus's apostles write that "God is ... but is patient, not willing that any should perish, but wanting all to come to repentence" (II Peter 3:9) and that "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. But if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" and this is so because "the blood of Christ ... washes away all our sin." (I John 1:6-8)

Many other wonderful texts repeat these points.

Concerning the specific issue of "too late"

Not too late in that God always accepts the one who sincerely turns to Him

One very important text on the issue of "too late" is the story Jesus tells of the workers in the vineyard. (Matt. 20:1-16) Jesus speaks of men who waited all day to work (because no one hired them) and then at the very last hour were called, and went to work in the vineyard. These received the same wage as those who had started early in the morning! Clearly, Jesus' point is that those who do not hear His call until the last moment are welcomed fully into His kingdom.

This point is illustrated out of Jesus' life, also. Jesus is crucified between two robbers. One of them, however, is shamed that he -- a terrible wrong-doer -- is crucified with Jesus, who has done nothing wrong. He calls out to Jesus "Lord, remember me when you come into your kingdom!" Jesus replies "Truly, I tell you, you will be with me this day in paradise!" This man (sometimes known, from extra-biblical sources, as Dysmas) clearly is being told that, repenting at the last moment, after a life of robbery and wrong, and trusting in Jesus, he will be granted entry to heaven where he will be with Jesus! (Luke 23:43)

Too Late, Perhaps, In that One May Harden One's Heart

Yet the Bible repeatedly warns us to repent before it is too late!!

Hebrews chapter 3 urges us not to neglect our salvation, not to postpone turning to God: "Now is the acceptable time! Now is the day of salvation!" Hebrews tells us not to harden our hearts, or neglect our salvation in these chapters. Similarly Jesus warns us, in Matthew (7:13-14) "Enter in at the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many go that way; and the gate is tight and the way narrow which leads to life, and few find it." Luke (13:24) notes that He also said "Make a strenuous effort to enter in at the narrow gate: for many, I say to you, will seek to enter in, and won't be able to." Jesus tells a number of frightening parables to illustrate the importance of repentance, turning to God, being spiritually prepared, and being reconciled with others. These include the parable of the wedding feast, in Matt. 22, the parable of the 10 virgins, in Matt. 25, the parable of the talents in Luke 19, and of the man without a wedding garment in the parable of the ten talents in Matt. 25. There are others, also.

What does that mean for you (and me)

If a person seeks to come to God, it is always -- in my opinion -- wrong to say "too late"! In fact, this line is one of the major tricks of the Enemy, Satan, the one who seeks to accuse us, the one who wants to rip us out of God's hand, and devour us horribly. Jesus says "If someone comes to me, in no way will I cast him out!" (John 6:37) The Father cares for good and evil people, for the just and the unjust, Jesus tells us: that is why we, too, should forgive, and love, our enemies -- to be children of our Heavenly Father (Matt 5). From the cross, Jesus forgave even those who crucified Him. (Luke 22:34) God is "kind to the evil and the ungrateful", Christ tells us (Luke 6:35). We are expected to forgive others 500 times, if need be, for the same sin, perhaps in the same day -- but this is just the pale reflection of God's forgiveness of us, for His free forgiveness of us is like a king who forgives a steward who embezzled 100 billion dollars from him. (A loose rendering of Matt. 18)

So always it is wrong to say "too late"! Instead one should rush to God's arms, whatever our past wrongs, for God wants to heal us, to make us good, to forgive us, to rescue us, to heal us.

But on the other hand, there is great urgency to come to God, to repent, to turn our hearts and minds around and come home to Him. Though now it is not yet quite too late, it can easily become too late. We may become so addicted to sin, so indifferent, that we are not really willing to make the full effort necessary to turn to God, and turn away from our sins! It's easy to slip into a hard-hearted attitude that would kind of like to come to God, but is unwilling to give up what we like, or make the effort. When we act contemptuously toward God's grace, it fundamentally damages us, and makes it hard for us to repent.

Therefore, dear srchin23 (and all who may read this thread, too, for God dearly loves you!), I implore you --
do not be discouraged, do not give up, do not be tricked into thinking it is too late, but do not delay or be double-minded!
Come, now, to God, the source of life and goodness, of beauty and of healing,
come to Jesus, and drink of the fountain of the waters of life!

In friendship,
Scruffy Kid