PDA

View Full Version : The Power of the Cross

ConqueredbyLove
Oct 8th 2008, 05:53 PM
Oh, our beloved Jesus! We can never, ever thank you enough as we are reminded through this song and video what you have done for us.

Thank you! Thank you, our dearest God! We love You. We love You so very much!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwzt9jRUPNg&feature=related

onfire4god
Oct 13th 2008, 08:19 PM
WOW! That was so powerful and beautiful.

ConqueredbyLove
Oct 13th 2008, 09:32 PM
WOW! That was so powerful and beautiful.

I thought so, too.

I watched it again yesterday and it made me weep.

rishijon
Oct 16th 2008, 09:31 AM
Hey all,
I simply cried after watching it. I completely believe in the power of the cross. I love you god. God is our savior and He is the one behind everything that exists on this earth. We should pray to god for everything he has given us.
rishijon
__________________________________________________ ______________

ConqueredbyLove
Oct 17th 2008, 06:08 PM
Hey all,
I simply cried after watching it. I completely believe in the power of the cross. I love you god. God is our savior and He is the one behind everything that exists on this earth. We should pray to god for everything he has given us.
rishijon

I think it is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen or heard.

Oh Jesus, Jesus, Jesus :cry:

coinsistament
Oct 20th 2008, 07:22 PM
"Nothing in my hand I bring, simply to thy cross I cling"

9Marksfan
Oct 20th 2008, 10:33 PM
I think it is one of the most beautiful hymns written in our lifetimes - Keith Getty and Stuart Townend are very gifted hymnwriters and Keith's wife Kristyn sings it with such passion and sensitivity - this version is even more moving.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys4Rw1ZSobo

We will be seeing them perform the musical In Christ Alone in Glasgow this Saturday - it has already been in several places in the US - charting the birth, life, death and resurrection of Christ - with ministry from Alistair Begg too! I am so grateful that God has raised up these folks to serve His church with these glorious new hymns! They really do inspire heartfelt worship :)

O, to see my name written in the wounds
For through Your suffering, I am free!
Death is crushed to death,
Life is mine to live,
Born through Your selfless love!

This the power of the cross,
Son of God, slain for us,
What a love! What a cost!
We stand forgiven at the cross.

ConqueredbyLove
Jan 26th 2009, 09:55 PM
Bumped up because it is so beautiful...

MercyChild
Jan 27th 2009, 12:04 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!:pp:pp

9Marksfan
Jan 27th 2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks, Virginia - it really is great!

PS It was indeed fantastic seeing them perform it in Glasgow last October - the place was packed out and after we sang it, we all sang When I Survey the Wondrous Cross unaccompanied - absolutely heavenly! How encouraging that so many were prepared to travel hundreds of miles for such a worthwhile Christian event!