View Full Version : Encoding on some of the modules

Oct 9th 2008, 11:47 AM
How come some of the modules don't have proper encoding? like the (Romanian one).

it seems useless without the proper characters...

Oct 10th 2008, 04:56 AM
Some languages are in UTF8 or BIG-5 [or whatever] because they have to be, but those that can be displayed in the Latin-1 character set are left in that format because it uses single byte encoding.

Oct 22nd 2008, 10:04 PM
I have found the same thing with the Romanian encoding. The first verse reads like this:

La knceput, Dumnezeu a fqcut cerurile wi pqmkntul.

But it should read like this:

La īnceput, Dumnezeu a făcut cerurile şi pămāntul.

At first I thought I was just loading it with the wrong encoding, but now I think it is just wrong. I could be wrong about that though.

Oct 23rd 2008, 04:46 AM
That's interesting. Appears it is as you say. I'll look into that. Maybe the decoder I wrote got itself into a knot on this one.