PDA

View Full Version : Wordly signs from the Lord - Scripture??

schmitage
Oct 10th 2008, 01:43 AM
How do I tell if something I see/hear in this world is from the Lord? Is there any scripture related to this topic that someone can share?

Does anyone experience things/events in this world that coincide w/ their current prayers, struggles, real time thoughts, etc?

Thanks and many blessings to you and yours.

Literalist-Luke
Oct 10th 2008, 02:21 AM
How do I tell if something I see/hear in this world is from the Lord? Is there any scripture related to this topic that someone can share?

Does anyone experience things/events in this world that coincide w/ their current prayers, struggles, real time thoughts, etc?

Thanks and many blessings to you and yours.Every instance in the Bible where somebody received a "sign" from the Lord had no doubt that's exactly what it was. If you have doubts about whether something is a "sign" form the Lord, it almost certainly is not. He's powerful to get your attention if He needs it.

schmitage
Oct 10th 2008, 02:59 AM
Thanks for your response. Yes, some times I see things and they are obvious. Other times, I could see it as temptation or as guidance/exhortation. I'm not sure how to take it.

Actually, I just answered my own question. If the guidance/exhortation is needed for growth, then it's a good choice for me to view it as such.

I don't recall any specific guidance from the Word and wanted to make sure I'm not being deceived. I thought maybe all worldly things could be a deception.

<3