PDA

View Full Version : An organisation to rival the EU and Nato?

Jerome1
Oct 11th 2008, 09:42 AM
Most of the people who frequent this section, or have an interest in end time events are probably already aware of this organisation.

SCO(Shanghai Cooperation Organisation)

Basically this organisation has a similar aim to Nato and the EU, altough it's directives as of now are not as clearly defined as Nato's and the EU's.

The permanent members are:

Russia
China
Kazakhstan
Uzbekistan
Kyrgyzstan
Tajikistan

The observer nations are:

Iran
India
Mongolia
Pakistan

For the observant among you, six plus four equals ten nations.

Most of the observer nations have applied or are awaiting to become permanent members. Iran just this year applied for full membership.

I don't know about everybody else but Iran and India's desire to become permanent members so quickly has went under my radar. There is some problems with India joining because of their problems with Pakistan, who also wish to become a full member.

I apologise if a similar thread has been made, but this was news to me.

Also have a look at their official website, something that caught my eye were the images at the top of the page.

The one on the far left corner looks like the statue depicted in Nebuchadnezzar's dream. I can't really make out the image in the middle. I just found it coincidental.

Source: http://www.sectsco.org/home.asp?LanguageID=2

So my question is, do you think this alliance will eventually go to war with the EU and Nato?

Do you think these alliances are the ones that end time prophecy has predicted?

vinsight4u8
Oct 11th 2008, 01:30 PM
I watch for 13 nations to come together and the man of sin from Iraq to pluck up three of them.

Many don't understand that Daniel saw the little horn in two separate visions in chapter 7.

Daniel beheld the little horn twice.
one vision lasted till the books were opened

but the other one
ended much earlier - at the time of the beast given to the burning flame

In Rev. 17 - ten willingly give him their kingdom.

vinsight4u8
Oct 11th 2008, 01:31 PM
In Daniel 11 - the end speaks of the north troubles the vile person.

tidings out of the north
and the east
trouble him

wombat
Oct 12th 2008, 03:54 AM
Basically this organisation has a similar aim to Nato and the EU, altough it's directives as of now are not as clearly defined as Nato's and the EU's.
The permanent members are:
Russia
China
Kazakhstan
Uzbekistan
Kyrgyzstan
Tajikistan
The observer nations are:
Iran
India
Mongolia
Pakistan

Hi, Jerome1! I have heard of this group and I have often wondered if these members could be the "kings of the east" that are spoken of in Revelation.

Roelof
Oct 13th 2008, 06:58 AM
Most of the people who frequent this section, or have an interest in end time events are probably already aware of this organisation.

Jerome

I do not think these guys will attack the EU or NATO, but most of them do not like Israel. They might form an alliance to attack Israel

PLease keep us up to date

Jerome1
Oct 15th 2008, 01:32 AM
Jerome

I do not think these guys will attack the EU or NATO, but most of them do not like Israel. They might form an alliance to attack Israel

PLease keep us up to date

What i found interesting is that a sizable percentage of these nations populations adhere to Islam. I have also thought for a long time that India with it's burgeoning economic and military might, would play a significant part in any future world conflict.

Jerome1
Dec 18th 2008, 01:22 AM
Apologies for bumping this thread, but here is an interesting article i found regarding the SCO(Shanghai Cooperation Organisation).

Yet few in Europe have heard much about the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), and fewer still have considered how Europe should respond to it. Yet instead of viewing it as a potential threat, there are good reasons to believe that the SCO offers opportunities for positive cooperation.

The SCO today includes Russia, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan as members, and Mongolia, Iran, Pakistan and India as observers. Russia and China remain the leading actors. Since its launch, the organization’s military exercises have become increasingly ambitious and have grown from being largely bilateral to include all the members.

The intergovernmental body that more closely resembles the Shanghai organization is probably the European Union. Like the EU, the Shanghai group’s members emphasize economic and security cooperation and are concerned with a similarly broad range of trade and energy issues.

Perhaps inevitably, the Shanghai grouping and Russia and China as its leading member states regard NATO’s increased presence in the region with some mistrust. As long as NATO remains reluctant to enter into a dialogue with the Shanghai club, such a cautious attitude looks set to linger and may even intensify.

Full article: http://www.tol.cz/look/TOL/article.tpl?IdLanguage=1&IdPublication=4&NrIssue=300&NrSection=4&NrArticle=20260&ST1=ad&ST_T1=job&ST_AS1=0&ST_LS1=-1&ST2=body&ST_T2=letter&ST_AS2=0&ST_LS2=-1&ST_max=3

DurbanDude
Dec 23rd 2008, 01:56 PM
Do you think these alliances are the ones that end time prophecy has predicted?

Thanks for the info. This alliance could be significant. The main players of this end-time allied attack against Israel seem to be Iran, Iraq, Turkey and Russia, with a few more Arabic allies. But it is possible that all nations would be involved so maybe Russia will also have far east allies. Personally I believe there to be a few significant wars still left before the end, unfortunately.

I am one of the few that believe the war in Israel is between two evil sides , not a good and an evil side. These armies gather against eachother in Israel, but because of their evil motives , all the armies are regarded as the enemies of God when Jesus comes again.

This war is confirmed in Daniel 11 where we can see that the antichrist is dwelling in Israel and defending Israel from attacks from the north and the east. Traditionally he has been regarded as being part of these attacks, but this makes no sense.

Veretax
Dec 23rd 2008, 02:51 PM
I am not of the belief that Russia would ever lower itself to a point where it was Equal with any of those recent nations. I doubt this will last as a Military Alliance for long.

student of the Lamb
Dec 24th 2008, 01:42 AM
My apologies for using caps. I didn't realize until after i had been typing for a while and was to lazy to start over again.

I think it has somewhat been proven through history that it is extremely difficult to conquer the world militarily. I also believe that the polical views throughout the world are diverse enough that no one political opinion can ever control the world.

The one way that i see the world being controlled by one power is through world economics. About 25 years ago i was made aware of an organization and paid no attention to it. Recently as part of the national election i saw information about this organization surface again. It is still around and still going strong. It is called the trilateral commission. It is an international group of wealthly businessmen and highly placed and internationally well known politicians. The recent information i heard was that they are ready to start their preperations for trying to institute a one world currency. The thought is that at some point this commission would become the one world government.

My feelings are that the only way to conquer the world is when many of the internationally wealthy and politically powerful gradually gain more and more control. To me this is just another sign to me that the end may not be near but it sure does seem like the beginning of the end is here and many of us need to be busy about the great commission.