PDA

View Full Version : Discussion God or Jesus?

harleyma64
Oct 13th 2008, 03:09 AM
What does it mean to say thank God as opposed to thank you Jesus. Can God and Jesus be used interchangeably? When should one refer to God and when should one refer to Jesus?

harleyma64

larry2
Oct 13th 2008, 03:51 AM
As the Son of man Jesus forever became a man and in Philippians Chapter you can read of seven great steps Jesus took from being equal with the Father. We pray to the Father in Jesus name.

Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Evangelist Smith
Oct 13th 2008, 01:30 PM
When we thank God we are thanking Jesus, when we thank Jesus we are thanking God..

For there are three that bear witness in heaven, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost and these three are ONE

God is a spirit and all that God was He placed into flesh

think about it. God is a spirit,no body

and all that makes Him God He placed in the flesh,his love , His mercy, His grace, HIs wisdom, His power, His infinite wisdom all that makes God, GOD , He placed in the flesh

For greatis the mystery of godiness for God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the spirit,seen of angels, preached unto the gentiles, believed on in the world, received into glory

yet there is a difference in them

and its hard to explain, but there is

God the Father
God the Son
God the HOly Ghost

u see each of the Godhead has a work to do

they are three seperate beings but yet they are one

and we must believe on the Son in order to be saved

and that Son was and is Jesus Christ

hope this helps u out some
When we thank God we are thanking Jesus, when we thank Jesus we are thanking God..

For there are three that bear witness in heaven, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost and these three are ONE

God is a spirit and all that God was He placed into flesh

think about it. God is a spirit,no body

and all that makes Him God He placed in the flesh,his love , His mercy, His grace, HIs wisdom, His power, His infinite wisdom all that makes God, GOD , He placed in the flesh

For greatis the mystery of godiness for God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the spirit,seen of angels, preached unto the gentiles, believed on in the world, received into glory

yet there is a difference in them

and its hard to explain, but there is

God the Father
God the Son
God the HOly Ghost

u see each of the Godhead has a work to do

they are three seperate beings but yet they are one

and we must believe on the Son in order to be saved

and that Son was and is Jesus Christ

hope this helps u out some

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

God bless
Evang.dare

Sold Out
Oct 13th 2008, 02:34 PM
What does it mean to say thank God as opposed to thank you Jesus. Can God and Jesus be used interchangeably? When should one refer to God and when should one refer to Jesus?

harleyma64

Great question. Our pastor has this study on which Person of the Trinity to pray to for certain reasons, but I keep forgetting to get it from him! Ugghhh!

But if you don't know, God won't hold you accountable. Your prayer will reach the right 'Person' of the Trinity!

Evangelist Smith
Oct 13th 2008, 04:30 PM
Jesus taught His Disciples to pray

our Father which art in heaven

Now are there times I have not done this

yes

I have cried out Lord help

or Jesus help

He is always there

but for the most part I begin Father

Hope this helps

Godbless
Evang.dare

Dani H
Oct 13th 2008, 10:48 PM
A few years ago, when I was in the middle of a car wreck and thought I wasn't going to make it, the last thing I cried before my car totally lost control, was "Father!"

And, He heard.

:)

Evangelist Smith
Oct 13th 2008, 10:51 PM
Amen!!!!!!! Isnt He Good? So Good!

σяєяυииєя
Oct 14th 2008, 02:40 AM

harleyma64

Hi Harley,

Based on :

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. John 16:23

We are to pray/ask the Father, but in Jesus name. :saint:

Go well

-"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation..."[Salvation from what?.]
-Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

(Romans 1:16; John 8:34; Jude 1:24-25.)

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/5459/natureavyty7.jpg

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3020/lifesigyyt9.gif