PDA

View Full Version : Mediation and Mother Issues

Lisadawn
Oct 13th 2008, 09:26 AM
As many of you know I had a divorce thread on here some time ago. I have been separated for over a year from my husband of 25 years. We already had the court part where I was awarded temporary alimony and exclusive right to live in the house.

Mediation has been set for Nov 7. My mother who is remarried since my dad died has been helping me with legal expenses, etc. The reason I have a problem is that I do not have a career and have not worked much because of raising an autistic daughter. My mother and her husband have a complicated plan to either help me buy my husband out or buy my house and let me live there. Sounds simple and generous right?

The problem is is that my mother is quite controlling. Although I appreciate their financial help and do not see any other way out, I would like to be able to own my own house. I do not want to hurt ex husband. I do not want to hurt anyone. I just feel that since living in my house for 26 years now and not really trying to hurt anyone I really not only need my house, but also a place for my adult daughter with autism to come home to.

I am meeting with my mother and stepfather tomorrow to put this all down on paper.

PLEASE PRAY FOR THIS AND THE UPCOMING MEDIATION.

Thanks,
Lisa

DavidBuck
Oct 13th 2008, 06:29 PM
Gotcha. Will pray. Relax a bit as God has tomorrow already planned.

DavidBuck

Lisadawn
Oct 13th 2008, 07:36 PM
Relax a bit as God has tomorrow already planned.

DavidBuck

God has already answered this prayer. David your words were prophetic.

My mother and her husband came in and told me that between the two of them they had come up with X amount of money that I could have to buy out EX. That way he will have money from the house and I will own my own house.

Those of you who know my situation or those who don't please continue to pray regarding the mediation process. I did not want this divorce. It wasn't my idea......but sometimes it just happens.

Thanks,
Lisa

walked
Oct 14th 2008, 12:52 AM
Praying for you for our Fathers will to continue to be worked in your life and for His name to be glorified in your families future and for Him to guide and protect you and yours.

larry2
Oct 14th 2008, 03:17 AM
I'll be praying for you sister, and God doeth all things well. Thank You Faher for bringing this faithful sister to us. Have Your way in all things according to Your will in this divorce, and please bless lisadawn in her walk with You. Calm her fears, provide her needs, and allow her to be a real testimony of You in the proceedings in the blessed name of Jesus. AMEN.