PDA

View Full Version : Prayer For Our Church

propheticdreams
Oct 13th 2008, 07:54 PM
Please pray for our church. Last night our pastor left after we voted to keep him. Some people voted no to prayer and service attendance. Some people are very upset over this (including myself) and we need prayer.

We have no pastor, some people may not come back, and we are struggling financially already.

Please keep our church in your prayers.

Thanks,

Cathy and onfire4god

the inside out
Oct 13th 2008, 07:55 PM
Hold Up! Can I ask what church you go to?

onfire4god
Oct 13th 2008, 07:57 PM
First Assembly of God in Reidsville NC

amazzin
Oct 13th 2008, 08:00 PM
..... Some people voted no to prayer and service attendance.

In order that I can pray specifically, what does the above mean?

the inside out
Oct 13th 2008, 08:03 PM
First Assembly of God in Reidsville NC
Weird, I'm not that far from you. The church I somewhat, kind of attend went through a similar thing last night, so I thought we went to the same church.

propheticdreams
Oct 13th 2008, 08:07 PM
In order that I can pray specifically, what does the above mean?

They (the ones who voted against the pastor) would not support the church by prayer, attendance, and giving if he stayed. and some of them voted no.

amazzin
Oct 13th 2008, 08:15 PM
They (the ones who voted against the pastor) would not support the church by prayer, attendance, and giving if he stayed. and some of them voted no.

Wow. It seems to me the pastor should have stayed so that the descending factions could leave and the church would be better off.

I will be praying God takes control

Colo25
Oct 14th 2008, 04:14 AM
Praying for your church!:pray:
Colo

Redneck Charger
Oct 14th 2008, 11:13 AM
Praying for Cathy and her church.. Please Jesus..:pray:

onfire4god
Oct 14th 2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys.

It really means a lot.

I've been at this church since i was 4 years old and have gone through a lot with it. At this church I've been through 7 youth pastor changes and I think this make 7 pastor changes.

It's the only church I've ever known and I can't imagine leaving but my mom is thinking about leaving so please pray for her.

abidinglife
Oct 15th 2008, 08:45 AM
Praying for the Spirit to rest on this church for no church can function without the will of the Spirit. Praying for peace and the love of Christ to rest on every member of the church.

larry2
Oct 17th 2008, 01:12 AM
Father, I do not know the problem, but You do. Please give comfort to those hurt by these events and let them know the love You have for them at all times. In Your mighty wisdom please establish the assembly where they are of find them new places to assemble in Your Son's name of Jesus. AMEN.