PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Recipe

ConservChrist
Oct 13th 2008, 11:15 PM
Stemming from, Peanut butter sandwich thread:
Add your favorite recipe to your favorite food or snack, or both. No limit to how many times you post a recipe and you can even discuss each other's recipes and compare.

Here is one of my favorite cake recipes: (this one is going to send some of you for a loop but seriously, don't knock it. I guarantee you that if you try it, you wil indeed like it.)
Mayonnaise Cake

3 cups flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
Mix all these together then mix in:
3 tsp soda powder
3 cups water
1 cup miracle whip (or mayonnaise, or salad dressing)
1 tsp vanilla

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes. (you bakers out there know how to judge a cake)

THEN!!!!

For the Peanut butter icing:

1 lb. conf. sugar
dash o salt
1/2 stick butter
can milk - add add until mixture is moistened
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbls peanut butter

amazzin
Oct 13th 2008, 11:17 PM
500 gr. Mascarpone Cheese At Room Temperature

1/2 cup Whipping Cream

4 Eggs, Separated

1 1/4 Cup Espresso Coffee, Cooled

1/2 Cup Sugar

1/3-Cup Brandy

24 Savoiardi Cookies (Ladyfingers)

Dark Chocolate, Shaved

Beat the 4 egg yolks until light. Slowly beat in 1/2 cup of sugar, and then the mascarpone cheese. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold these gently into the cheese mixture. Now whip the cream until soft peaks form, and fold this too into the cheese mixture. Add the brandy to the cooled coffee. Carefully dip in ladyfingers one at a time just until the outside of the cookie is barely damp. Arrange cookies side by side in a dish large enough to hold 12 cookies flat. After the first 12 are layered, spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture on top. Sprinkle with enough shaved chocolate to cover lightly, and repeat these layers once more topping the dish with the remaining chocolate. Refrigerate several hours before serving.

ConservChrist
Oct 14th 2008, 03:09 AM
I like to get deer meat cut up in small slices.
put it in a bowl like oven pan
add water 2/3 the way up leaving the first layer of meat exposed.
add 2 tablespoons of vinigar. (ive only used distilled, but the apple cidar might taste pretty good)
then cover the entire top of the meat with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Cook in the oven until meat is done.

Mainly, this is pretty much to your taste for the amount of vinigar and BBQ.
Im sure you don't have to use only deer meat either. Perhaps steak. But I'm not sure how that would turn out. I understand beef doesn't take in flavor as well. Anyway, this is really good. Mashed potatoes and green beans. lol