PDA

View Full Version : Do you listen to Hal Lindsey, Tomorrows world?

leebee
Oct 15th 2008, 01:31 PM
I Guess I'm just lookin' for some feed back, or what people think about sites like the Hal Lindsey report or Tomorrows world? Both are sites with programming that discuss Biblical prophecy and worldly events and how they pertain to prophecy. What are everbodys feeling on these websites? Anyone care to comment? Please. God bless u.

markdrums
Oct 15th 2008, 02:24 PM
I Guess I'm just lookin' for some feed back, or what people think about sites like the Hal Lindsey report or Tomorrows world? Both are sites with programming that discuss Biblical prophecy and worldly events and how they pertain to prophecy. What are everbodys feeling on these websites? Anyone care to comment? Please. God bless u.

Honestly, I personally don't think Hal's "information" has any validity.
I think his interpretations of a lot of scripture are way off base, & inaccurate.

When he claims God gave him the knowledge to understand Revelation, because nobody has ever, up until HIM, been able to interpret it, that send up many red flags.

When he says John was a time traveler, & was trying to describe his limited understanding of our modern day technology with words from his day..... it's just not Biblical.

Hal Lindsey is notorious for putting his own personal meanings into scripture. His ideology for end times is more "sci-fi" than truthful.

That's my contribution.
;)

scourge39
Oct 15th 2008, 02:32 PM
Why the History Channel gives any creedance to both him and Benny Hinn on their documantaries on Revelation, and Antichrist: Zero Hour is beyond me. Both have no genuine understanding of Revelation whatsoever, completely rejecting its first century context as irrelevant in favor of flexible and fanciful futurist interpretations. He was definitely the forerunner for Jack Van Impe, John Hagee and the other so-called prophecy experts.

Semi-tortured
Oct 15th 2008, 02:32 PM
Honestly, I personally don't think Hal's "information" has any validity.
I think his interpretations of a lot of scripture are way off base, & inaccurate.

When he claims God gave him the knowledge to understand Revelation, because nobody has ever, up until HIM, been able to interpret it, that send up many red flags.

When he says John was a time traveler, & was trying to describe his limited understanding of our modern day technology with words from his day..... it's just not Biblical.

Hal Lindsey is notorious for putting his own personal meanings into scripture. His ideology for end times is more "sci-fi" than truthful.

That's my contribution.
;)

Pretty much my feelings on the man. Remember that he is making a nice living off of this stuff. He HAS to find a way to make TODAY'S pieces fit into Bible prophecy or no one would care about his stuff.

David Taylor
Oct 15th 2008, 02:49 PM

No, I used to listen some to Hal back in the 70s; but he has made too many false prophecies and too many faulty misapplications of current events to have kept my trust.

It just my opinion, but it seems to me that ole Hal (and some other endtime 'experts') just use endtime predictions and newspaper eschatology to create a lucrative business for himself.

You would get much better use of your time, instead of watching supposed Endtime Experts on TV; to rather spend that same time studying the scriptures related to endtime events; and see where the Holy Spirit leads you in your study.

wpm
Oct 15th 2008, 05:38 PM
No, I used to listen some to Hal back in the 70s; but he has made too many false prophecies and too many faulty misapplications of current events to have kept my trust.

It just my opinion, but it seems to me that ole Hal (and some other endtime 'experts') just use endtime predictions and newspaper eschatology to create a lucrative business for himself.

You would get much better use of your time, instead of watching supposed Endtime Experts on TV; to rather spend that same time studying the scriptures related to endtime events; and see where the Holy Spirit leads you in your study.

I have to agree. There is a lot of money to made from this sensationalism.

Sherry W
Oct 15th 2008, 05:47 PM
Hal Lindsey made some false predictions regarding a 1982 planetary alignment and a 1988 Second Coming in his movie "Late Great Planet Earth".

Same goes for Southwest Radio Church.

moonglow
Oct 15th 2008, 05:50 PM

me too in the 70's also...use to eat up his stuff...but no more!

God bless

markdrums
Oct 15th 2008, 05:57 PM
I have to agree. There is a lot of money to made from this sensationalism.

Do you mean DISPEN-sensationalism???

:rofl:

*Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!!

markdrums
Oct 15th 2008, 06:02 PM
Hal Lindsey made some false predictions regarding a 1982 planetary alignment and a 1988 Second Coming in his movie "Late Great Planet Earth".

Same goes for Southwest Radio Church.

Oh yeah!!!
There's a large number of people & TV / Radio shows who fit into that category.

THEN, you have the whole "Word of Faith" / "Name it & Claim it" movement..... YIKES! That's a whole topic of it's own!

But, with Hal Lindsey, & Jerry Jenkins heading up the "Left Behind" viewpoint, (And making a fortune!) it's no wonder there are so many others on that bandwagon.

I admit, the concept of "left behind" makes for some interesting sci-fi entertainmnet....... but that's about it.
There's not enough Biblical substance to make it worthwhile for me personally.

moonglow
Oct 15th 2008, 06:10 PM
Here is a question I have about Hal...

Is he the one that started this whole idea that Israel had to become a nation again before the return of Christ? Sure seems like it was him. Most of the scriptures used on that from the OT were already fulfilled...in the OT...since Israel was destroyed..or scattered, many times over. I think it was him that came up with the idea the fig tree in Matthew 24 meant Israel becoming a nation again ignoring what Luke 21 has to say about the fig tree (and ALL trees). Anyway...was it him or someone else that started that whole thing? Anyone know?

God bless

wpm
Oct 15th 2008, 06:12 PM
Do you mean DISPEN-sensationalism???

:rofl:

*Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

yoSAMite
Oct 15th 2008, 06:17 PM
Well doggonit someone's gotta stand up for the guy. Let it be me.

Now I don't watch him that often, but when I do I find his information intriguing. There's nothing wrong with trying to put what is happening today into a Biblical perspective, just weigh what he says.

I'd also like to say that if you don't know how much money someone makes, then your assumptions are out of line. I believe that Hal's book Late Great Planet Earth was the top selling non fiction book in the 70's, yes the whole decade. This was way before the current trend of "Left Behind" books.

Lastly, if not being 100% correct 100% of the time concerning prophecy is a prerequisite for expressing one's opinion, then lets close this puppy down. ;)

Dani H
Oct 15th 2008, 06:38 PM
There are some things I keep track of for entertainment purposes.

Then there are things I keep track of for the sake of digging up truth.

Hal Lindsey, honestly, is a little of both. He's not all wrong ... but neither is he all right.

His book "Satan is alive and well on Planet Earth" was an eye opener for me as a baby Christian. But that's pretty much where it stopped for me as far as relevance. His interpretation of Revelation never did sit right with me.

wpm
Oct 15th 2008, 07:05 PM
Well doggonit someone's gotta stand up for the guy. Let it be me.

Now I don't watch him that often, but when I do I find his information intriguing. There's nothing wrong with trying to put what is happening today into a Biblical perspective, just weigh what he says.

I'd also like to say that if you don't know how much money someone makes, then your assumptions are out of line. I believe that Hal's book Late Great Planet Earth was the top selling non fiction book in the 70's, yes the whole decade. This was way before the current trend of "Left Behind" books.

Lastly, if not being 100% correct 100% of the time concerning prophecy is a prerequisite for expressing one's opinion, then lets close this puppy down. ;)

These left behind novels actually had an opposite affect to that intended, it caused people to go to the Scripture for truth and reality. Today Pretrib is in gradual decline. People are fed up with these money merchants and the error and speculationalism and sensationalism within their books.

David Taylor
Oct 15th 2008, 07:26 PM
**Everyone please Remember**

Please read (ETC Section Posting Guidelines) (http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=295)

which specifically says:

We do not allow advancing, linking to websites, cross-posting, or any form of proselytizing for Modern-Day Prophets and/or their predictions.

Also, please be charitable to people, whether living or dead; who are not members of this forum; and who are not present to be involved in the discussion. Going into 'witch-hunts' against Mr. Fred Bozo because he is a famous teacher of the demon-clown doctrine, should be avoided. Referencing other 3rd-party people is necessary at times, but taking out assault rifles and going after them Chuck-Norris and Rambo-Style should be avoided. Discuss with one another, and give those absent from our membership a break froim undue criticism and attack.

scourge39
Oct 17th 2008, 01:13 AM
Personally, I believe that God will circumstantially disprove one or more of the end time views once and for all and ensure that the entire Church is in agreement regarding the Second Coming, the Antichrist, etc. There is a definite move away from Dispensationalism taking place. There seem to be a few diehards hanging on for dear life.

Marc B
Oct 17th 2008, 01:49 AM
I used to be on the Hal Lindsay bandwagon back in the 70s too. I also think his stuff to be unbiblical as well and walked away from that and any church that claimed to know the date of the second advent. I can't remember how many times I heard the "rapture" or the Lord is coming on such and such a date, especially when Jesus doesn't even know. I also got into the World Tomorrow with Herbert W Armstrong until he passed away. I'm reading their literature online at tomorrowsworld.org now and they seem to be on track with world events from a biblical perspective [so far], and started watching their show again after all these years. They do have a lot of real life issues other than end times prophecy stuff available to read and its all free for the taking. After researching other organizations like PTL Club and other shows that like to talk about how great Jesus is but offer little meat and potatoes from the Bible and coming away disappointed and in some cases flabberghasted, I found I like meat and potatoes over pablum where God is concerned.

The Preacher
Oct 17th 2008, 08:33 PM

I first heard of Hal back in 1972 when I was 10 in bible camp. His book "The late great planet earth" had just been followed up by his sequel "Satan is alive and well on planet earth" They scared me. I have all his books but they seem outdated now.

yoSAMite
Oct 17th 2008, 09:55 PM
I used to be on the Hal Lindsay bandwagon back in the 70s too. I also think his stuff to be unbiblical as well and walked away from that and any church that claimed to know the date of the second advent. I can't remember how many times I heard the "rapture" or the Lord is coming on such and such a date, especially when Jesus doesn't even know. I also got into the World Tomorrow with Herbert W Armstrong until he passed away. I'm reading their literature online at tomorrowsworld.org now and they seem to be on track with world events from a biblical perspective [so far], and started watching their show again after all these years. They do have a lot of real life issues other than end times prophecy stuff available to read and its all free for the taking. After researching other organizations like PTL Club and other shows that like to talk about how great Jesus is but offer little meat and potatoes from the Bible and coming away disappointed and in some cases flabberghasted, I found I like meat and potatoes over pablum where God is concerned.
I'd suggest you take a look at their, World Tomorrow, statement of beliefs and tread carefully.

leebee
Oct 18th 2008, 08:47 AM
Why the History Channel gives any creedance to both him and Benny Hinn on their documantaries on Revelation, and Antichrist: Zero Hour is beyond me. Both have no genuine understanding of Revelation whatsoever, completely rejecting its first century context as irrelevant in favor of flexible and fanciful futurist interpretations. He was definitely the forerunner for Jack Van Impe, John Hagee and the other so-called prophecy experts.

History Channel is too opinionated for me to trust any creedence they give to anyone.- Just my opinion. God Bless.

leebee
Oct 18th 2008, 08:50 AM
I'd suggest you take a look at their, World Tomorrow, statement of beliefs and tread carefully.

This belief statement is pretty straight forward and I think it looks pretty good. I am always up for enlightenment though, so please let me know if you saw something funny or that didn't sit right with you. Do you disagree with any of it? -God Bless.

leebee
Oct 18th 2008, 09:10 AM
Here is a question I have about Hal...

Is he the one that started this whole idea that Israel had to become a nation again before the return of Christ? Sure seems like it was him. Most of the scriptures used on that from the OT were already fulfilled...in the OT...since Israel was destroyed..or scattered, many times over. I think it was him that came up with the idea the fig tree in Matthew 24 meant Israel becoming a nation again ignoring what Luke 21 has to say about the fig tree (and ALL trees). Anyway...was it him or someone else that started that whole thing? Anyone know?

God bless
Could you say what your take on the parable of the fig tree is? Thanks.

leebee
Oct 18th 2008, 11:38 AM
I first heard of Hal back in 1972 when I was 10 in bible camp. His book "The late great planet earth" had just been followed up by his sequel "Satan is alive and well on planet earth" They scared me. I have all his books but they seem outdated now.

I've just discovered Hal Lindsey in the last few years. I read "Planet earth 2000 AD", And thought it was very interesting. Mr. Lindsey has instilled some motivation on my behalf to study up on some of the issues that he brings out. I enjoy the current events that he discusses and how they relate to Biblical prophecy. I try to cross reference his comments with other Christian sources (including the Bible). Do you find that his studies are accurate to the Bible? I think his is from an evangeical pov.--Always searching--:hmm:

leebee
Oct 18th 2008, 11:45 AM
Personally, I believe that God will circumstantially disprove one or more of the end time views once and for all and ensure that the entire Church is in agreement .

Boy, wouldn't this be Great!!!:pp May I ask how you came to believe this? Thanks God bless.

leebee
Oct 18th 2008, 11:59 AM
I used to be on the Hal Lindsay bandwagon ... and walked away from that and any church that claimed to know the date of the second advent.

From what I've been hearing from Mr Lindsey is what is told in the Bible, which is, correct me if I'm wrong, that we are not to know the hour but we can know the season of the return of our Lord. This is what I've always heard him say. I am undecided on the pretrib rapture stance of the evangelical view, still searching. God Bless.

Marc B
Oct 18th 2008, 05:02 PM
This belief statement is pretty straight forward and I think it looks pretty good. I am always up for enlightenment though, so please let me know if you saw something funny or that didn't sit right with you. Do you disagree with any of it? -God Bless.

I know those who believe in the rapture disagree with it. Since I disagree with the rapture myself and always have long before I even heard of it, I find them to be quite in line with scripture and a refreshing insight into the Bible apart from mainstream Christianity.

scourge39
Oct 18th 2008, 05:59 PM
Boy, wouldn't this be Great!!!:pp May I ask how you came to believe this? Thanks God bless.

It's just an assumption of mine based upon God being merciful to all of his elect, regardless of where they come down on the tribulational spectrum.

"For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible." (Matthew 24:24, NIV)

Personally, I believe that something will happen circumstantially that will completely rule out one or more of the various views once and for all, whether it be Historic Premillennialism, Dispensational Premillennialism, Amillennialism (which I tend to agree with), or postmillennialism. I also don't believe that God is going to modify his predetermined plans simply because the dominant position may be one that has been misinterpreting Scripture. Although I'm amill, I don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Certain aspects of the other views may turn out to be correct. I certainly don't rule out the possibility that the physical land of Israel will factor into things, just not exactly the way dispys assert. If the pre-trib dispy view is wrong, God can't be expected to orchestrate events to fit its schema just because most North American Christians subscribe to it.

leebee
Oct 19th 2008, 06:13 AM
[quote=scourge39;1830832]

"For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible." (Matthew 24:24, NIV)

Premillennialism, Dispensational Premillennialism, Amillennialism (which I tend to agree with), or postmillennialism.quote]

When I look at Matthew 24:24 It makes me think that this is a warning to the elect to read the rest of the Bible and not be fooled by the imposters. In other words we should know the difference because we are real Christians and know the real story on the matter. Would you be so kind as to explain what these terms mean? --->Premillennialism, Dispensational Premillennialism, Dispensationalism, Amillennialism, postmillennialism? Thanks so much, and God Bless u.

My heart's Desire
Oct 20th 2008, 02:26 AM
I find some of his stuff on current events interesting yet I don't follow him in a groupie sort of way. I do know that most will not follow anyone who doesn't believe the way they do, no matter how right the person seems to be.
Which is probably alright as the only person we should follow is Jesus Christ.

scourge39
Oct 20th 2008, 02:37 AM
Premillennialism, Dispensational Premillennialism, Dispensationalism, Amillennialism, postmillennialism? Thanks so much, and God Bless u.

Wikipedia does a fine job:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennialism

yoSAMite
Oct 21st 2008, 03:07 AM
leebee said
Originally Posted by Khoolaid http://bibleforums.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?p=1829734#post1829734)
This belief statement is pretty straight forward and I think it looks pretty good. I am always up for enlightenment though, so please let me know if you saw something funny or that didn't sit right with you. Do you disagree with any of it? -God Bless.The World Tomorrow is a continuation of Herbert W Armstrongs World Wide Church of God. This in general has been considered by many if not all apologetic groups as a cult. There was a break in the church in the early 90's after the death of Herbert W Armstrong. The World Wide Church of God turned to basic evangelical beliefs including most importantly a belief in the trinity. Non trinity believing groups left the church and continued with the cultish beliefs.

Having had some interaction with a member of the group, I found them extremely interesting and knowledgable concerning their beliefs. They were upfront about their stands. I didn't agree with their end times beliefs on the whole but I do remember (this was 20 years ago) that the gentleman I interacted with gave me much to study and prove for myself. Not just on end times, but with my doctrinal beliefs in general. Endtimes wise I think they (the break off goups and original teachings) were no rapture but as true Israel they'd find safe haven in Petra until the Lord returned.

Again I'd suggest do a web search of the above groups and decide for yourself.

Kudo Shinichi
Oct 27th 2008, 02:56 PM
I found that Tomorrow's World is informational videos!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

jesuslover1968
Oct 27th 2008, 03:41 PM
These left behind novels actually had an opposite affect to that intended, it caused people to go to the Scripture for truth and reality. Today Pretrib is in gradual decline. People are fed up with these money merchants and the error and speculationalism and sensationalism within their books.

Now see, I think this is an unfair and biased statement. I don't even know if there is a decline in who believes in pre-trib, but I do know that I see a lot of amill stuff out there right now, and just to be just as honest and forthright as you did so easily, they are making money left and right as well. Just as are all the "christian" singers and such. ;)
Honestly, I don't even listen to Hal Lindsey anymore. I find him to be too into politics and not enough into the Bible. I also find the Left Behind Series to be way off base and unbiblical, but the thing is, they were writing their opinions, not giving prophecies. We need to be careful lest we bear false witness. As for the "error," that is just your opinion, yes? If you turn out to be wrong, I guess you will labeled as giving out false prophecies too? :hug: Another thing that I could point out is that The apostasy of the last days could be upon us, that could possibly be why people are ceasing to believe in the pretrib rapture? :)

mizzdy
Oct 27th 2008, 07:54 PM
If you like Tomorrows World you might like to look at Beyond Today which is from the United CoG formed from Armstrongs church. I myself like Beyond Today better than TW but watch it also. Each one of the churches send out free literature and its the BT that has a publication called World News and Prophecy. Not all of the offshoots retain Armstrongs teachings and some have just modified those, some have taken the teachings and really messed with them. My husband grew up with the WWCoG and has family in one or more of the offshoots. I have studied them from years as well as talked with the family members still in those churches. There are some things I do not like about some of those churches but for the most part I do agree with what they are teaching. One brother in law goes to a very small offshoot that are teaching them they will become the priests after the order of Melchizedek. (sp) Thats not biblical to me and apparently a few of the offshoots in that area have taken them to task about it.

threebigrocks
Oct 28th 2008, 03:24 AM
Guys, let's keep this on track, okay? Left Behind/Jenkins/LeHay is for another thread, most likely in Anything Goes.

Also, as David Taylor posted for all just a bit ago - let's take Hal Lindsey's doctrine and refute - but leave him personally out of the discussion.

leebee, what were you hoping to understand about this guy from this discussion?

leebee
Oct 29th 2008, 01:34 PM
Guys, let's keep this on track, okay? Left Behind/Jenkins/LeHay is for another thread, most likely in Anything Goes.

Also, as David Taylor posted for all just a bit ago - let's take Hal Lindsey's doctrine and refute - but leave him personally out of the discussion.

I am in what I can only descibe as a perpetual search for the truth. This has been my agenda for the last few years and its constant anymore. My only explanation is that the Holy Spirit is calling me. There is so much information out there, and the more I look the more I find that a great deal of it is decieving. I realize that this is what Satin is up to. In my ongoing search for the true Word, I like to get other Christians views on areas that I have mixed feelings or that I am unsure about. While I've learned, and try not to take anyone's opinion or point of view as surefire truth, Its also very enlightening to hear what others think of certain issues, people, or events. I try to cross reference what I learn and hear with the Bible. Sometimes, a door opens that I didn't consider after knowing another persons point of view on subjects. I've learned alot about Hal Lindsey and Tomorrow's World that I didn't know before just by starting this thread--very helpful, fellowship is a great thing, just like our Lord said. Thank you all for your comments.:)

I belive that apostasy is upon us, and it is up to all of us Christians to communicate and try to help one another understand the real Word of God. As you all know--the Bible is not the easiest reader. I think God wants us to be smart and use this great "increase in knowledge" (the computer and internet) to figure out the real story. I personally give Hal Lindsey, and the Left behind series alot of credit for setting me and I'm sure alot of other people on the road to Christ. They've been great references that have got me thinking on that level. I watch Hal's program weekly as well as Tomorrow's World I find both programs interesting and I think they have value. I always have my Bible next to me when I watch. I am also taking an online Bible study course that is offerd by Tomorrows World that is amazing, and I thank God for it constantly, in fact I believe God revealed these programs to me for my own benefit. Thank you God:pray:. bless you all.

mizzdy
Oct 29th 2008, 04:53 PM
I belive that apostasy is upon us, and it is up to all of us Christians to communicate and try to help one another understand the real Word of God. As you all know--the Bible is not the easiest reader. I think God wants us to be smart and use this great "increase in knowledge" (the computer and internet) to figure out the real story. I personally give Hal Lindsey, and the Left behind series alot of credit for setting me and I'm sure alot of other people on the road to Christ. They've been great references that have got me thinking on that level. I watch Hal's program weekly as well as Tomorrow's World I find both programs interesting and I think they have value. I always have my Bible next to me when I watch. I am also taking an online Bible study course that is offerd by Tomorrows World that is amazing, and I thank God for it constantly, in fact I believe God revealed these programs to me for my own benefit. Thank you God:pray:. bless you all.

God calls all of us in ways we are more prone to hear from such as the Left Behind series, etc. I have taken the bible course years ago from what used to be the worldwide church of God or WWCoG. Richard Ames as well as Mr. Mereidith (sp) both hold Armstrongs doctrines much closer than the rest of the offshoots though I have seen where they are not as stringent as Armstrong was. TW comes from the Living Church of God. If you really like TW I would also suggest you look into Beyond Today, it can be found on google as well as the United Church of God website. I myself like Hal Lindsey, he just seems like he would be someone ya can sit down and talk with. I take what he has to say and use my bible and prayer to dig into the truth. I do think he is like us all having some truth with the need to share. :)

thepenitent
Oct 29th 2008, 06:34 PM

I don't know of anything about Lindsay that isn't standard, boilerplate dispensationalist eschatology. I'm sure that's why Lahaye/Left Behind stuff comes up, because it is the same and seems pretty much identical to the path laid out by Lindsay in LGPE. But I will give it a shot.

Lindsay takes the position that the battle of Gog/Magog will take place prior to return of Jesus and the beginning of the Millinium. But....chapter 20 of Revelation says just the opposite. Does he believe there are two battles of Gog/Magog and if so, on what basis?

leebee
Nov 1st 2008, 02:07 PM
I don't know of anything about Lindsay that isn't standard, boilerplate dispensationalist eschatology. I'm sure that's why Lahaye/Left Behind stuff comes up, because it is the same and seems pretty much identical to the path laid out by Lindsay in LGPE. But I will give it a shot.

Lindsay takes the position that the battle of Gog/Magog will take place prior to return of Jesus and the beginning of the Millinium. But....chapter 20 of Revelation says just the opposite. Does he believe there are two battles of Gog/Magog and if so, on what basis?

I have always understood that Eziekiel 38/39 and Revelation 20 are 2 separate events, and I think this is Lindsey' basis . I've just re-read all three chapters and I still get the idea that Satin deceives Gog of Magog to attack Israel just before the return of Christ and the millenial reign, and then after the millenial reign Satin is released "for a little while" from the abyss to deceive the world again, and to gather all who were born during the millenium who choose Satin, along with Gog, of Magog to make war against God's people, again. Only the second time As stated in Revelation 20:9, there will be no war, God will simply wipe them out with fire from Heaven. I see this as a attempt at an uprising after the millenial reign. God releases Satin for a little while after, so that those who were born during the millenium can choose who they want to follow. Is there any other way to interpret this? Let me know please, Thanks, God bless.

My heart's Desire
Nov 2nd 2008, 03:15 AM
I have always understood that Eziekiel 38/39 and Revelation 20 are 2 separate events, and I think this is Lindsey' basis . I've just re-read all three chapters and I still get the idea that Satin deceives Gog of Magog to attack Israel just before the return of Christ and the millenial reign, and then after the millenial reign Satin is released "for a little while" from the abyss to deceive the world again, and to gather all who were born during the millenium who choose Satin, along with Gog, of Magog to make war against God's people, again. Only the second time As stated in Revelation 20:9, there will be no war, God will simply wipe them out with fire from Heaven. I see this as a attempt at an uprising after the millenial reign. God releases Satin for a little while after, so that those who were born during the millenium can choose who they want to follow. Is there any other way to interpret this? Let me know please, Thanks, God bless.
Well, that is more or less, my interpretation also, but there are others out there.