PDA

View Full Version : Obedience (Doing the Word)

TBONE61
Oct 15th 2008, 03:25 PM
James 1:22-25 (New King James Version)

22] But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23] For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24] for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25] But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

Obedience (Doing the Word)

Listening and following are both challenging things to do. I find that I often will listen, but then not follow thorugh with the instruction that was given, especially if it's some sort of instructional booklet in assembling something! In today's reading, we see that if we only listen to the Word and not do it, we are compared to looking into a mirror and forgetting what we have just seen.

To be blessed in what we are doing, we need to become doers of the Word. This is simply means taking action on what we have read or have been taught from the Scriptures, an applying it to our daily lives. I may not always like what I see when I look in the mirror, but as long as others see Jesus in me, then I'm truly content. To grow, we have to do the Word!

FOR TODAY: What's been keeping you fro doing the Word? Adopt the nike slogan - Just Do It!

Jamesmason1984
Oct 19th 2008, 07:14 PM
Yes....This is Very Important......

me Being in the First Stages of my christian walk, it's so Very Important to be obedient to god's word, and read the bible...and Prayer...because the enemy is always looking to attack, and I allowed him to get into my Mind, because of not being obedient to god's word....So Now God is showing me how to be obedient.....and always repent of my sins, and Never turn back to them.

GOD IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THX FOR POSTING THIS TBONE...MAY GOD BLESS YOU...~:pray:

Mercy4Me
Oct 19th 2008, 09:21 PM
Good devo, TBone!

James, your post reminded me of our sermon this morning about the armor of God, Ephesians 6:10-18. We ARE under attack, constantly...and standing firm on the truth of God's word, our righteous obedience to it, our faith in God Himself, and our strength in HIM, not ourselves...are the keys to prevailing against the enemy's attacks. Welcome to the boards, and to the family of God! May He bless you as you grow in Him!

And TBone, thanks again for another good reminder...

I may not always like what I see when I look in the mirror, but as long as others see Jesus in me, then I'm truly content. To grow, we have to do the Word!

coinsistament
Oct 20th 2008, 07:19 PM
What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.