PDA

View Full Version : Who is the bride of christ

larry2
Oct 16th 2008, 07:36 PM
1 - Using scripture or types and shadows who do you think the Bride is? I do have my thoughts on it, XXXand will bring that out during debate.

2 - Recently I see posts declaring all the Church is the bride; why?

3 - At the marriage, who are the guests?

Reynolds357
Oct 16th 2008, 07:48 PM
The Church is the Body of Christ. How can the Body be the Bride? That question has always puzzled me. The book of Revelation tells us who the bride is.
<H3> Revelation 21

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.........

</H3>
9And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. 10And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

The text of the passage is quite plain as to who the bride is.

larry2
Oct 16th 2008, 11:59 PM
Quoting Reynolds357 - The Church is the Body of Christ. How can the Body be the Bride? That question has always puzzled me.

Response - I believe you're asking if the entire Church makes up the bride, and to me it cannot. The bride is only a portion of the Church. Which portion? Post-tribbers should be able to tell us this without effort.

Quoting Reynolds 357 - Revelation 21:1-3. "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God........."

Revelation 21:9-10. "And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. 10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,"

The text of the passage is quite plain as to who the bride is.

Question - So is this city the bride an adamant city, or is the city a place where the bride resides along with a company of saints?

Thanks Reynolds for your reply in Jesus' name -

Mark F
Oct 17th 2008, 12:07 AM
1 Peter 2:5
you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:2
For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Ephesians 5:30-32
For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

There are many descriptions of our relationship to the Lord,
the verse quoted is figurative, Jesus is not to marry a city,
but His Bride will inhabit that city.

Things that apply today:
He is the vine, we are the branches.
He is the Shepherd, we are the sheep.
He is the Chief Cornerstone, we are the stones in the building.
He is the High Priest, we are a kingdom of priests.
He is the Last Adam, Head of a new order of beings, we are that New Creation.
He is the Head of the Body, we are the members.
He is the Bridegroom, we are the betrothed Bride.

Revelation 3:12
12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

jeffweeder
Oct 17th 2008, 12:19 AM
The whole church make up the dimensions of the city.
The foundations of it are the 12 Apostles, the cornerstone being Christ.
If we believe their teaching, then we stand on the foundations.

This is The capitol of Gods redeemed universe, everyone is there, as we are all one in Christ.

larry2
Oct 17th 2008, 12:41 AM
Quoting Mark F - 2 Corinthians 11:2
For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Question - Paul does say we are espoused to Christ, but notice in the next verse that there seems to be the chance to miss that calling in our lives. In other words, all espoused are not automatically selected. 2 Corinthians 11:3. "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."

Quoting Mark F - Jesus is not to marry a city, but His Bride will inhabit that city.

Things that apply today:
He is the vine, we are the branches.
He is the Shepherd, we are the sheep.
He is the Chief Cornerstone, we are the stones in the building.
He is the High Priest, we are a kingdom of priests.
He is the Last Adam, Head of a new order of beings, we are that New Creation.
He is the Head of the Body, we are the members.
He is the Bridegroom, we are the betrothed Bride.

Response - Amen and I agree, but does all the saints such as those beheaded for refusing the mark of the beast make up the city? Since Christ is the head of the body, is He a part of that city? What about God the Father?

Quoting Mark F - Revelation 3:12
12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

Question - Do you believe there are different levels of overcoming, and what is Jesus' new name?

Thanks Mark F in Jesus' name -

Literalist-Luke
Oct 17th 2008, 04:04 AM
Don't forget the command regarding marriage that husband and wife are to become "one flesh". Perhaps the union between Christ and His bride (the Church) is meant to take that "one flesh" union even deeper than human marriage. Perhaps the union into "one flesh" means that Christ's Bride can also be His very body.

larry2
Oct 17th 2008, 04:29 AM
Hi Literalist. We are one flesh with Christ; He is the head and we are the body, and I do believe that His bride will be of the body. Again as Mark F brought out in 2 Corinthians 11:2: "For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ." All the body of Christ is bethrothed to Him, but do all become the bride? You are a post-tribulation thinker, so how does the bride fit into that?

Thanks in Jesus

Literalist-Luke
Oct 17th 2008, 04:32 AM
You are a post-tribulation thinker, so how does the bride fit into that?I'm not sure where you think the problem is. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/confused.gif I'm certainly very happy to discuss it, but can you elaborate a bit on what you're asking me?

larry2
Oct 17th 2008, 04:40 AM
Well I'm asking whether that fits in with your thinking on post-tribulation; I mean is she here on earth with Christ at that time as His Bride according to your theology? If all are the bride, wouldn't all have the same place of rule with Him? Or when do you think she becomes Christ's bride. Just some thoughts to toss into the discussion.

Thanks in Jesus

Literalist-Luke
Oct 17th 2008, 04:50 AM
Well I'm asking whether that fits in with your thinking on post-tribulation; I mean is she here on earth with Christ at that time as His Bride according to your theology? If all are the bride, wouldn't all have the same place of rule with Him? Or when do you think she becomes Christ's bride. Just some thoughts to toss into the discussion.OK, hopefully this will answer your question. If it doesn't, just let me know and, like I said, I'm very happy to discuss it.

In my understanding of the Post-Trib Rapture and the Bride of Christ, membership in the Bride of Christ is cut off at the moment of the Rapture which will be in conjunction with the 2nd Coming. Anybody who accepts Christ and is consequently "saved" during the Tribulation will have full membership in the Bride.

Is there a problem that I've missed with that line of thinking?

larry2
Oct 17th 2008, 05:16 AM
Thanks for your reply.

Quoting Literalist-Luke - In my understanding of the Post-Trib Rapture and the Bride of Christ, membership in the Bride of Christ is cut off at the moment of the Rapture which will be in conjunction with the 2nd Coming. Anybody who accepts Christ and is consequently "saved" during the Tribulation will have full membership in the Bride.

Response - That gives me a starting point for the rest of my posts concerning my thoughts on the bride. I do not see it that way, but that will open many new questions and ideas forthcoming.

Literalist-Luke
Oct 17th 2008, 05:18 AM
That gives me a starting point for the rest of my posts concerning my thoughts on the bride. I do not see it that way, but that will open many new questions and ideas forthcoming.How do you see the Bride?

jeffweeder
Oct 17th 2008, 05:31 AM
The body of Christ is the bride, and it is those who recieve HIS Holy Spirit,-- is like the bride recieving the ring on her finger..the Groom gives it to her with a promise for better or worse ,i will never leave thee nor forsake thee.
But sometimes the bride might resist the Spirit, remove it from them altogether, and Eternal life no longer dwells in them.--Divorce

What your seeing is the final revelation of what all the people of God look like.

Its foundation and walls, is laid by Gods dealing with the Israel,- and the true revelation of that ,was the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ,--- and the testamony of the 12, became the foundations for the whole structure--which is all who believe....and have life changing faith.

I will be happy to be left little toe nail in Jesus body, but let us aim to be a part of his eye, heart, hand, ear....:hmm:

You would be surprised though how important the little toe can be to the balance of the whole structure......:P

Its all good in this city

larry2
Oct 17th 2008, 06:03 AM
Hi Literalist-Luke,

As to my thinking on the bride of Christ, there are qualifications; I believe the bride will be in heaven with Jesus ruling conjointly with Him, but regardless of where we think they will be, there are going to be some that are servants before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple. These are the great multitude and do not appear to be the bride, yet they are of the body of Christ.

Matthew 11:11. "Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."

John the Baptist said in John 3:29. "He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled."

Here John the Baptist says that he will not be the bride, but a friend of the bridegroom (Jesus), and it was said of him that there was none born of men greater than him. This eliminates all before him as being in the bride unless you have scripture showing some are.

Thanks

larry2
Oct 17th 2008, 06:13 AM
Quoting jeffweeder - The body of Christ is the bride, and it is those who recieve HIS Holy Spirit,-- is like the bride recieving the ring on her finger..the Groom gives it to her with a promise for better or worse ,i will never leave thee nor forsake thee. But sometimes the bride might resist the Spirit, remove it from them altogether, and Eternal life no longer dwells in them.--Divorce

Question - Are you suggesting something like the five wise and the five foolish virgins?

Quoting jeffweeder - What your seeing is the final revelation of what all the people of God look like.

Its foundation and walls, is laid by Gods dealing with the Israel,- and the true revelation of that ,was the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ,--- and the testamony of the 12, became the foundations for the whole structure--which is all who believe....and have life changing faith.

Response - But even in the city itself there are different representations of the different ones there. What do you think?

Thanks

Literalist-Luke
Oct 17th 2008, 07:19 AM
This eliminates all before him as being in the bride unless you have scripture showing some are.I don't recall claiming that those before John the Baptist were part of the Bride.

larry2
Oct 17th 2008, 03:42 PM
Quoting Literalist-Luke - In my understanding of the Post-Trib Rapture and the Bride of Christ, membership in the Bride of Christ is cut off at the moment of the Rapture which will be in conjunction with the 2nd Coming. Anybody who accepts Christ and is consequently "saved" during the Tribulation will have full membership in the Bride.

I don't recall claiming that those before John the Baptist were part of the Bride.

Quoting Literalist-Luke - In my understanding of the Post-Trib Rapture and the Bride of Christ, membership in the Bride of Christ is cut off at the moment of the Rapture which will be in conjunction with the 2nd Coming.

Response - In this one statement I misunderstood your intent to mean all before the rapture were a part of the bride.

Question - What do you consider those that are saved prior to Pentecost and after the rapture? May I ask where you think the Old Testament believers fit in?

Question - I had asked on one of my posts: "So is this city the bride an adamant city, or is the city a place where the bride resides along with a company of saints?" Then Mark F made this statement: Jesus is not to marry a city, but His Bride will inhabit that city.

Do you agree with this?

Question - Are there any qualifications besides being saved to be in the bride of Christ? I ask this to get your thinking before stating why I definitely think there are qualifications.

Thanks -

Literalist-Luke
Oct 17th 2008, 05:21 PM
In this one statement I misunderstood your intent to mean all before the rapture were a part of the bride.Not a problem. :)
Question - What do you consider those that are saved prior to Pentecost and after the rapture? May I ask where you think the Old Testament believers fit in?They are "friends of the bridegroom".
Question - I had asked on one of my posts: "So is this city the bride an adamant city, or is the city a place where the bride resides along with a company of saints?" Then Mark F made this statement: Jesus is not to marry a city, but His Bride will inhabit that city.

Do you agree with this?Yes.
Question - Are there any qualifications besides being saved to be in the bride of Christ?Just the time at which you are saved. We are in a unique period of history right now, when the Holy Spirit is given permanently and indiscriminately to all who are saved. That has never been the case before somewhere around Pentecost. Whoever is saved during this period is apparently automatically also part of the Bride of Christ.
I ask this to get your thinking before stating why I definitely think there are qualifications.Lay it on me. :)

David Taylor
Oct 17th 2008, 05:21 PM
What do you consider those that are saved prior to Pentecost and after the rapture? May I ask where you think the Old Testament believers fit in?

God has one group of people; spanning all ages; who are by faith redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb.

Jesus died on the cross for Moses and Job and Peter just as much as He died for you and me, and our grandchildren's, grandchildren who faithfully follow and trust Him.

Historical events and dates do not determine who is saved; rather the intent of the heart; faith; repentance; and being washed in the blood of the Lamb; slain from the foundation of the Earth.

"There is

one body, and

one Spirit, even as ye are called in

one hope of your calling;

One Lord,

one faith,

one baptism,

One God and Father of all,

who is above all, and through all, and in you all. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. " Ephesians 4:4, 3:21

Literalist-Luke
Oct 17th 2008, 05:28 PM
God has one group of people; spanning all ages; who are by faith redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb.

Jesus died on the cross for Moses and Job and Peter just as much as He died for you and me, and our grandchildren's, grandchildren who faithfully follow and trust Him.

Historical events and dates do not determine who is saved; rather the intent of the heart; faith; repentance; and being washed in the blood of the Lamb; slain from the foundation of the Earth.

Ephesians 4:4, 3:21

"There is

one body, and

One Lord,

one faith,

one baptism,

who is above all, and through all, and in you all. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. "I will certainly agree that all people throughout all ages are equally dependent on Christ's death for our salvation, but there is at least one key difference between the "ages", as it were. King David expressed a fear of losing the Holy Spirit as a result of his sin in Psalm 51:11 - "Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me."

Today, however, a believer who commits a sin is given no indication in the New Testament that we are in any danger of "losing" the Holy Spirit. So something is different today.

larry2
Oct 17th 2008, 06:36 PM
Dear David Taylor, thanks for your response. We are all saved by the blood shed for us on Calvary, but God does deal differently with us in different ages.

For instance in Jeremiah 3:8. "And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also." In the future Jesus will spue out the Church also. But God does have guests at the marriage of the Lamb, servants, and the bride herself. I'm not sure you read this in an earlier response so I will repeat it. John the Baptist was said to be the greatest of all men born of women, and his claim was to be the friend of the Bridegroom. There is a difference. God has sent the Holy Spirit into the world since Pentecost to take out of the Gentiles a people for His name, and when one like Paul gets into it he said he was one born out of due time.

David Taylor
Oct 17th 2008, 06:39 PM
I will certainly agree that all people throughout all ages are equally dependent on Christ's death for our salvation, but there is at least one key difference between the "ages", as it were. King David expressed a fear of losing the Holy Spirit as a result of his sin in Psalm 51:11 - "Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me."

Today, however, a believer who commits a sin is given no indication in the New Testament that we are in any danger of "losing" the Holy Spirit. So something is different today.

Just a figure of speech....David in his sin, was being insecure.
However, the Lord new David's heart long before David was ever born.

Were it not for the Spirit, David couldn't have been saved at all. David, of his own accord; could do no good; and could never please God.

The difference now, is simply the operation of the Spirit in empowering believers to take the gospel to the lost of all nations. In OT times, the 'believer-base' was very small; now it numbers all nations, tribes and peoples; and continues to include more daily....but all both then and now, comprise the same body.

David is your brother in Christ.

Notice that David was unable to please God by himself; but only by the Spirit of Christ.

Notice also that David's hope of resurrection is only through the Holy Spirit dwelling in him as it does us.

Romans 8:8 "they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Nowif any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

(So David could not have salvation through Christ, without having Christ's Spirit)

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."

(David like us, has a hope of Resurrection because of the Spirit that indwells both him and us)

Acts 2:25 "David said about (Christ) 'I saw the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will live in hope, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.' "Brothers, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. Seeing what was ahead, David spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to the grave, nor did his body see decay."

One Body of people (the faithful of all ages, raised by the Holy Spirit that indwells them all per Romans 8) will participate in the Resurrection of Life.

John146
Oct 17th 2008, 07:27 PM
1 - Using scripture or types and shadows who do you think the Bride is? I do have my thoughts on it, XXXand will bring that out during debate.It is the church. The body of Christ.

2 - Recently I see posts declaring all the Church is the bride; why?Because it's true.

Ephesians 5
25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

In this passage the church is compared to a wife. Christ is our husband and we are His wife. Spiritually speaking, of course. All of us together are the wife and bride of Christ.

3 - At the marriage, who are the guests?Read Matthew 22:1-14. The guests are all those who have heard the gospel. They are the many who have been called to salvation. The bride consists only of those who were chosen as a result of believing the gospel and putting their faith and trust in the bridegroom, which is Christ.

David Taylor
Oct 17th 2008, 07:53 PM
Dear David Taylor, thanks for your response. We are all saved by the blood shed for us on Calvary, but God does deal differently with us in different ages.

One could say Jesus deals differently with each of is individually; and every day. However, day to day, and age to age; we are still apart of one Body; or we are damned and destined for eternal separation from Him.

So in an ultimate perspective; we are either apart of Christ, or we aren't...therefore why there is only one Body comprised of all members.

For instance in Jeremiah 3:8. "And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also."

This isn't an example of God dealing differently.
God always casts out those who reject Him and rebel.
God always accepts and keeps the faithful.

In the future Jesus will spue out the Church also.

The true church will never be spued; because those who belong to Christ He will never leave or forsake.

Unbelievers pretending to be His; were never His to begin with; and He knows who they are.

But God does have guests at the marriage of the Lamb, servants, and the bride herself.

The marriage of the lamb is comprised of all of the redeemed humans of all ages who are His.

That is the marriage; believers as the bride; and Jesus as the bridegroom.

Anyone who does not belong to Jesus will be cast out where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Abraham, Job, David, Moses, Isaiah, and all the OT believers will not be cast out because of when they were born; but will participate along with us together; as one body and bride united forevermore to Christ.

I'm not sure you read this in an earlier response so I will repeat it. John the Baptist was said to be the greatest of all men born of women, and his claim was to be the friend of the Bridegroom.

You are trying to make more out of that one verse, than what is in that verse. John the Baptist wasn't creating divisive subsets and groups of participation and favor and groups of rejection and omission.

John was a literal friend of Jesus Christ incarnate; what a special recognition....different than any of us; who in this mortal life; will only be a friend of the Lord Jesus Christ in the Spirit....until He returns.

John the Baptist is very much our brother in Christ; and member of His Body along with us; to no exclusion.

There is a difference. God has sent the Holy Spirit into the world since Pentecost to take out of the Gentiles a people for His name, and when one like Paul gets into it he said he was one born out of due time.

God's Holy Spirit was always in the world; drawing the faithful like Job, Moses, Abraham, David, and Isaiah to Him. Pentecost was simply a change in the ministration and scope of the Holy Spirit; because of the resurrection; to now empower believers to effectively take the gospel to the Gentiles who so long had been in darkness.

The people for His name, however, didn't start at Pentecost; but had always existed...from the very beginning in small degree.

Psalms 106:4 "Remember me, O LORD, with the favour that thou bearest unto thy people: O visit me with thy salvation; That I may see the good of thy chosen, that I may rejoice in the gladness of thy nation, that I may glory with thine inheritance. We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly. Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies; but provoked him at the sea, even at the Red sea. Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake"

larry2
Oct 17th 2008, 10:36 PM
My apologies to all; I will not be able to continue on this thread and thanks to all for your interest, and though we did not agree as yet on certain views, I do know I was learning from you also. Thank you Jesus' name - larry2

DIZZY
Oct 19th 2008, 09:15 AM
Is not the bride the wife?

Revelation 19:6-8
6 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, “Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! 7 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

Revelation 21:9 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=73&chapter=21&verse=9&version=50&context=verse)
Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.”

DIZZY
Oct 24th 2008, 09:37 AM
Sorry I forgot to mention who the guests are at the marriage supper of the Lamb and His Bride.

I believe the guests are ressurected Jews, Believing Jews who are alive at Christ"s coming and believing Gentiles that also are alive at the end of the tribulation period at Christ's coming.

Daniel 12:13
13But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Matthew 8:10-12
10When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. 11And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. 12But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

All none believers are cast into outer darkness until the Great Wheite Throne Judgment.

David Taylor
Oct 24th 2008, 04:56 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention who the guests are at the marriage supper of the Lamb and His Bride.

I believe the guests are ressurected Jews, Believing Jews who are alive at Christ"s coming and believing Gentiles that also are alive at the end of the tribulation period at Christ's coming.

If they are resurrected believing Jews; or simply living believing Jews or Gentiles, (regardless of when they live) then they are Christs; redeemed by His sacrifice, written in His book of life, changed from mortal to immortal, glorified and incorruptible in Him....wearing white and clean garments washed in the blood of the Lamb; as a bride prepared for her groom.

Resurrected believing Jews as well as living Jews and Gentiles have another name...Christians; fellow-members of the Bride of Christ from all nations, tribes, and tongues.

All none believers are cast into outer darkness until the Great Wheite Throne Judgment.

true.

All believers belonging to Jesus are His bride.
All non-believers are cast into outer darkness; where the flame dieth not.

Jesus said, "He that is not with me is against me" Mark 11:23

mclees8
Oct 25th 2008, 07:14 PM
Well I'm asking whether that fits in with your thinking on post-tribulation; I mean is she here on earth with Christ at that time as His Bride according to your theology? If all are the bride, wouldn't all have the same place of rule with Him? Or when do you think she becomes Christ's bride. Just some thoughts to toss into the discussion.

Thanks in Jesus

Hi my name is Mike and I would like to say something here if i can. Jesus clearly taught that there would be a division such as he said two will be in the field. One will be taken and the orther one left. He said he would seperate the sheep from the goats and the tares from the wheat. He also said not all who say Lord Lord shall enter into the kingdom. He Alone knows the thoughts and the intents of the heart. He will know his bride but not all who say they are beleivers will be his bride.

There will be a great testing of the church before he takes his bride. This will come at the mark of the beast. Those who overcome and not love there life to the death will stand before God with great honor. Rev 15
mike123

DIZZY
Oct 26th 2008, 12:29 PM
If they are resurrected believing Jews; or simply living believing Jews or Gentiles, (regardless of when they live) then they are Christs; redeemed by His sacrifice, written in His book of life, changed from mortal to immortal, glorified and incorruptible in Him....wearing white and clean garments washed in the blood of the Lamb; as a bride prepared for her groom.

Resurrected believing Jews as well as living Jews and Gentiles have another name...Christians; fellow-members of the Bride of Christ from all nations, tribes, and tongues.

true.

All believers belonging to Jesus are His bride.
All non-believers are cast into outer darkness; where the flame dieth not.

Hi David,
yes we all belong to Christ but we are not all the bride of Christ. There are four sections to God's plan.

Old testament saints, New testament saints which is broken up into two sections and Millennial saints.

1. The Old Testament saints right up until Christ was crucified.

2. The bride - the church this being from the time Christ was crucified till He raptures His bride before the tribulation.

3. Another part of Gods plan is those who come out of the tribulation era these are not mentioned as the church but they still have the promise of salvation through Jesus Christ.

4. Then there is the millennial saints who will have their Lord and King with them once again.

Not all are apart of the bride.

David Taylor
Oct 26th 2008, 12:38 PM
All who belong to Christ are His bride...washed white in His blood...names written in His book...forever united together with Him.

No walls of partition or separation exist among His bride.

"There is

one body, and

One Lord,

one faith,

one baptism,

Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. " Ephesians 4:4, 3:21

Only 2 groups:

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Richard H
Oct 26th 2008, 01:29 PM
The book of Revelation tells us who the bride is.
<H3> Revelation 21

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.........

</H3>
9And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. 10And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

The text of the passage is quite plain as to who the bride is.Facinating question - to me.
Eventhough, Larry has left the thread, I'll add this bit of Scripture - to that above.

Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.
Revelation 22:14

I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb.
The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it.
In the daytime (for there will be no night there) its gates will never be closed;
and they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it;
and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying,
shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Revelation 21:22-27

DIZZY
Oct 27th 2008, 11:22 AM
All who belong to Christ are His bride...washed white in His blood...names written in His book...forever united together with Him.

No walls of partition or separation exist among His bride.

"There is

one body, and

One Lord,

one faith,

one baptism,

Only 2 groups:

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Hi David,
I am not saying we don't all belong to the Lord we do and we are all saved by grace, what I am saying is God does deal with us differenty throughout the ages.