PDA

View Full Version : Discussion God chooses the meek

Gentle Soul
Oct 17th 2008, 10:05 PM
Have you ever notice, all throughout the bible, that God always chooses the meek. He tends to favor the underdog, and in almost a humorous fashion, chooses the smallest, the weakest, the least deserving to do his greatest works through them. While man tends to pick what he finds most deserving to place in authority, God's standards are not the same as his. I guess it's because he can see potential the rest of us cannot, I also think he does this to confound the wise, making them realize, his power overrides anything man can possibly conceive of.

This always brings me to when Christ mentions many times, the first shall be last, and the last shall be first. I think this is good to know, especially if you have feelings of inadequecy, where you think yourself as not being worthy, in reality, we all are not worthy, but he works through us anyway. It also keeps me thinking of how Christ favored the children, for they are the meekest of all. It also has me thinking, that to be in a position of authority or power is a dangerous place, and I think a big part of that is the tendacy to have too much pride because you are placing yourself in a lofty position in your mind.

ConqueredbyLove
Oct 17th 2008, 10:42 PM
Dear Gentle Soul,

I am not certain we are supposed to discuss things in the devotions folder. I may be wrong. But I just don't want you to be disappointed if no one discusses :kiss:

It is a great topic though and one the Lord showed me I desperately needed just not too long ago :rolleyes: :hug:

David161099
Oct 18th 2008, 02:57 PM
Blessed are the Meek for they shall inherit the earth.

Yes it does seem to be God's usual way to annoint the meek.

Mercy4Me
Oct 18th 2008, 05:51 PM
Excellent devotional, Gentle Soul! Very good points! And welcome to the forums, as well.

Yes, discussion is allowed and encouraged, although debating issues in the devotional forum is not...often there are few or no responses to a particular devotional, but that doesn't mean they aren't being read! They are, and they are blessing someone, whether or not they reply. So keep posting your devotional thoughts! They are very welcome! :hug:

ConqueredbyLove
Oct 18th 2008, 06:13 PM
Excellent devotional, Gentle Soul! Very good points! And welcome to the forums, as well.

Yes, discussion is allowed and encouraged, although debating issues in the devotional forum is not...often there are few or no responses to a particular devotional, but that doesn't mean they aren't being read! They are, and they are blessing someone, whether or not they reply. So keep posting your devotional thoughts! They are very welcome! :hug:

Whoops! Sorry, dear heart! I did not know :blush:

Mercy4Me
Oct 18th 2008, 07:04 PM
Whoops! Sorry, dear heart! I did not know :blush:

I'm glad you brought it up, CbL...for those of you that are posting devotions, I wanted you to know! I've been in this forum for about a year and a half now...and I've gotten used to posting something terrific by an excellent author and never getting a response. But I've come to the conclusion that as we post, we are led by the Lord to do so, and someone will be blessed! There are many unregistered readers here at Bible Forums, so when you see a post that's been viewed 40 or 50 times (or more), many of those viewers may not even be members.

Your contributions here are greatly appreciated, all of you...

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming! :)

Gentle Soul
Oct 18th 2008, 09:48 PM
I'm new here, so still learning the ropes as to what/where you guys are posting at. The main thing many people stumble with here. They think they have to be in some lofty position, that they have to accompolish some goal, or that they feel unworthy of being chosen by the Lord for a myriad of reasons. The fact remains, we all should consider God's style, for he doesn't pick the ones in charge, or the ones with the high positions in life to work through them at all.

David make a nice prime example, he was the least of his brothers, the smallest, the runt, per say, and even though he was the one that was written off by his peers, he was the one that took down Goliath and went on to become king. Paul on the other hand, is another good example, again confounding the wise, the Lord revealed himself to him in spite of the fact he was persecuting the followers of Christ.

The point being, our logic, man's ways are not Gods ways. That to relate to him on this level, you should take a second look at the people you deal with on a day to day basis. That homeless person can at any moment be chosen to do some mighty task which changes the world; That same homeless person who wanders into your church may indeed be an angel or a prophet sent by God himself. I've seen people turn their lives around dramatically, in many cases I look to the scenereo and can only attribute it to being a mirical. So by all means, never assume you know what God's plans are for your neighbor, he has a tendacy to show just who is in charge, and the fact remains, his plan prevails over mans judgement in all cases.