PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my suffering mother..

moonglow
Oct 18th 2008, 03:04 PM
My poor mom has been suffering two years with terrible dry eyes that cause burning so badly it makes it nearly impossible for her to read..bright lights and sunlight causes more pain. After going to numerous docs she finally found a eye doc that discovered not only does she have dry eyes but also the oil glands in her eyelids are closed and not letting out any oil that helps coat and protect the eyes. Plus an eye lid infection. He also noticed her cheeks would turn red and said she has Rosetta which can go along with the type of eye problems she has. So he started her on an eye antibiotic and a regular antibiotic. Well right after she started the oral antibiotic for the Rosetta she got very sick with flu like problems...sick to her stomach, feeling hot and chills...so she stopped that antibiotic everyone thought she was having an allergic reaction to it. This was over a week ago and she is still sick! Plus has what appears to be hives on her back. She has had mild cases of that off and on but this is worse and itching keeping up awake at night. She did go to the doc and the took blood but everything comes back ok. He did give her cream to put on the hives to stop the itching. I almost wonder if she has west Nile virus as it fits the description.

At any rate she is just in tears...been miserable so long with her eyes...finally has some hope of them getting better then gets sick and can't seem to get over it. Her eye problems were really limiting her life as it was now she is really suffering and unable to do much.

Please pray whatever it is clears up quickly and she is totally healed of everything, including her eye problems. I love her very much and its been very difficult to see her suffering so much like this and feeling so helpless to relieve her suffering. While none of this is life threatening....its really ruining her life! She has missed going to church more then she has been able to go and is cut off more and more from people because she feels so bad.

Thanks.

God bless

CoffeeCat
Oct 18th 2008, 03:21 PM
Awwww :( your poor mom! Lifting her up to our Lord right this minute.. and I'll keep praying for her! :hug: :pray:

Soulangel
Oct 18th 2008, 03:25 PM
:pray::pray:Lots of prayers for your mum honey, especially in the days to come, that she will have healing completely for her eye problems and every thiing that ails her. That she will be well enough to go back to church and have fellowship again. God bless you, and God keep you both in his loving care, :hug::hug::pray: Soulangel

Frances
Oct 18th 2008, 06:09 PM
:pray: that the cause of the eye troubles and hives is found and remedied rapidly.

turtledove
Oct 18th 2008, 06:15 PM
MG, Lifting up your mom and this need for healing to the Lord in prayers. :pray:

:hug:

IMINXTC
Oct 18th 2008, 06:35 PM
Very similar problem with my Mom's eyes. Will be keeping your Mom in prayer about this, that she receive healing and relief.

jsph110
Oct 18th 2008, 07:49 PM
STanding in agreememnt with you in prayers for your mum that her eyes gets healed in Jesus' mighty name. I am claiming the promise of John 16:24 now and ask that Jesus will show her what it means when we read that He bore our sicknesses. ty Jesus;

moonglow
Oct 18th 2008, 10:43 PM
Thank you all. Just talked to her a few minutes ago and she is doing better so far...not feeling sick to her stomach and has been able to stay up instead of feeling so bad she just went back to bed. Please keep praying she totally recovers from all of this!

Thanks!

steelerbabe
Oct 18th 2008, 11:55 PM
Praying for your mom and her eyes:pray: I scratched the cornea of my eye once and the pain was unbelievable. I can image how much she is suffering.

Jamesmason1984
Oct 19th 2008, 02:55 AM
Praying for your wonderful mother that she Beats this sickness with the Mighty Power of god.:hug::pray:

God will work it out, he respects that your bringing the problem to him...So You Can start Rejoicing right now, your mother is Healed...in the mighty name of jesus....i'm declaring victory:pp

Evangelist Smith
Oct 20th 2008, 01:33 PM
Bless her heart I know that must be so terribly painful for your mother

Merciful and Gracious Father we ask O God that you would hear the cries of your people and move with mercy and compassion for this precious mother, Lord bring swft healing and restoration to all areas of affliction in her body in Christ' Mighty name we do humbly pray amen and amen

Redneck Charger
Oct 21st 2008, 12:26 AM
Jesus please take care of moonglow's Mom and her eyes.. Please Jesus..:pray:

moonglow
Oct 21st 2008, 02:51 AM
Thank you all. We had a family outting yesterday which she barely got through and is pretty worn out today but she did sound better. I think her stomach is finally settling down...but she still isn't sleeping well keeps getting like hot flashes then chills...then hot then chills. Can't be hormones as she is way past that. She said she checked this one medication that helps prevent bone loss and it can cause that so she had stopped taking it a few days ago to see if that would help...so far it hasn't...maybe take some time to get out of her system. So please pray she starts sleeping peacefully and the hot cold thing stops. And please pray these eye antibiotic starts helping her eyes! She is having no relief at all from this yet. Suppose to see the eye dr next week and I think we were all really hoping and praying this would be the thing that helps her. She can't just keep enduring this with her eyes...been two years now and she has suffered enough!

Thank you all and God bless you for taking the time to pray for someone you don't know. I forgot to say too, her name is Linda.

God bless

IMINXTC
Oct 21st 2008, 02:54 AM
Continuing to lift your Mom to the Lord!

Soulangel
Oct 21st 2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks for letting us know how your mum is travelling. Lets continue to pray tht she has some relief from all of this, and that the Doctor has another solution to the problem that will actually help her not hinder her. Praying for her healing from the pain in Jesus mighty name, amen. with lots of love and hugs galore ~ Linda xoxoxoxoxox:hug::hug::hug::pray::kiss:

slightlypuzzled
Oct 21st 2008, 08:08 PM
I just saw this, I will continue to pray and hope she can find some permanent relief...:pray:

moonglow
Oct 23rd 2008, 02:31 AM
Just a quick update. Mom is feeling much better! :pp So I thank you all very much! She was able to attend some women's group at her church yesterday and do a few other things and after supper took my son out to get him a new coat. Today she called and said she had been vacuuming..hadn't really done much if any house cleaning for awhile. I am sure her husband has done some things though. Her eyes are still the biggest problem..the burning dry eyes continue and that makes her feel very tired all the time...so please keep praying on that.

Thanks again!

God bless

Soulangel
Oct 23rd 2008, 04:43 AM
Thanks for letting us know the good news, we'll keep praying!:pray: