PDA

View Full Version : The day of the LORD

mtms540
Oct 18th 2008, 05:47 PM
Isaiah 2 For the day of the LORD of hosts [shall be] upon every [one that is] proud and lofty…the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day…1) they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD

Matthew 23 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Isaiah 13 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty…cruel both with wrath and fierce anger…[I]2) the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Joel 2 2) The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Malachi 4 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

1 Corinthians 5 …that the spirit may be saved in the 3) day of the Lord Jesus.

2 corinthians 1 …even as ye also [are] ours in the 3) day of the Lord Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as 4) a thief in the night.

2 Peter 3 But the day of the Lord will come as 4) a thief in the night…

Revelation 6 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal…2) the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood…(they) 1) hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains…And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us…from 3) the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come…

Revelation 9 One woe is past; [and], behold, there come two woes more hereafter. And the sixth angel sounded...Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men. And the number of the army of the horsemen [were] two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

Revelation 16 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared…to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. 4) Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed [is] he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

MY THOUGHTS:

In Isaiah 2, I read the first mention of the day of the LORD in the Bible, which is said to be upon every one that is proud and lofty, that they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD. In Isaiah 13, I read the second mentioning for the day of the LORD, which shall come, as destruction from the Almighty, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger when the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not shine. Joel 2 also says that the sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. I believe all of these passages of scripture agree with Revelation 6 when the sixth seal is opened, what do you think?

The wrath of the lamb in Revelation 6 is way to similar to the day of the LORD mentioned in Isaiah and Joel to not be the same event in my mind.

The day of the Lord as a thief in the night and Revelation 16 (I come as a thief) have much in common when the sixth angel pours his vial upon the great river Euphrates preparing the way of the kings of the east. Whereas, Revelation 16 has much in common with Revelation 9 when the sixth angel sounding loosens the four angels bound in the great river Euphrates for the number of the army two hundred thousand thousand.

How does this play into your current view of the Rapture?

Could the sound and vial seven of Revelation be a second and third retelling of the events in the seal seven?

Sincerely,
Tim

Literalist-Luke
Oct 18th 2008, 07:20 PM
I think you just hit the nail on the head - good job! http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/smash.gif

:thumbsup:

vinsight4u8
Oct 18th 2008, 07:35 PM
The rapture will happen in the 6th seal - that is why the 7th trumpet must also be placed there.

Look at the end of Rev. 11 or about the end of it - and you will find that an angel told John that the two witnesses will rise at the same hour as a great earthquake.

Okay, then the chapter continues - and no quake comes yet.

It will take the 6th seal to bring that 7th trumpet = 3rd
woe quake.

vinsight4u8
Oct 18th 2008, 07:37 PM
The seven vials will not happen till after the church - as in the all changed in the twinkling of an eye crowd - has gone to heaven during the 6th seal.

The vials begin - and then when it is about time for Armageddon - the saints return from the marriage with the Lord.
One army continues on to take down the beast.
the other army = the great tribulation martyrs - that have no need to re-fight the beast

wesand24
Oct 18th 2008, 07:42 PM
There was a word of the LORD that came to Joel that would have immediate impact for Judah and future impact for Judah and the entire world. The theme of the book is the “Day of the LORD”. It is a reference to God's righteous judgment upon His people and those who are opposed to Him. The specific term, “Day of the LORD” is mentioned five times in Joel, but references to that period are referred to other times by the prophet.
The day of the LORD is not just a time of doom, but of great celebration for the people of God, and those who repent during “the day of the LORD” itself. “The LORD will answer and say to His people, Behold, I will send you grain and new wine and oil, and you will be satisfied by them; I will no longer make you a reproach among the nations.” God will open the minds of Israel, and they will know their Messiah. In that day God “will pour out His Spirit,” a fulfillment yet to be completed. There shall be deliverance in Jerusalem among the remnant whom the LORD calls. Zechariah 12:10 says, “I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication;” For the called of God this time will be a time of great intimacy with the Lord.
The “day of the LORD” is not unique to the prophecy of Joel. The term is mentioned nineteen explicit times in the Old Testament. It is also referred to in Obadiah, Amos, Isaiah, Zephaniah, Ezekiel, Zechariah, and Malachi. There are also four explicit mentions of the term in the New Testament in Acts, I Thessalonians, II Thessalonians, and II Peter.
The time of the “day of the LORD” apparently has a time frame spanning from the rapture of the church until the final judgment of Satan at the end of the millennium, though one should not be dogmatic about this. Nevertheless, judgment will fall preceding the millennium and at the end of the millennium. The tribulation period will fall before the millennium and after the millennium Satan will be taken from the bottomless pit and thrown into the lake of fire.
Six times it is referred to as the “day of doom” and four times the “day of vengeance”. The New Testament calls it a day of “wrath,” day of “visitation,” and the “great day of God Almighty.” This time for the unrepentant and unbelieving will be a time of terrifying judgments from God for the overwhelming sinfulness of the world.
When Paul says, “the Lord so comes as a thief in the night” he is not referring to the rapture of the church, but to Christ coming in judgment. Jesus says to watch, and we are always to watch for him in every way. Watch and see where He is working, watch for Him to move in your life, watch for His coming for His church, watch for opportunities for Him to use you, watch and listen for His voice, watch over one another, watch unto prayer, watch and repent, watch for His judgments, and continue to watch in all things. Christ says to the church in Sardis that, “if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.”