PDA

View Full Version : I think we need an old folks forum since we have a young adult forum

moonglow
Oct 19th 2008, 01:48 AM
For those of us getting up there in age...:lol:

Ok I just get annoyed seeing threads on the young adult forum that I can't post on...:rolleyes: cause I am old and cranky...:cool: :lol:

We could talk about our 45 records...disco and bell bottom jeans! ha...
God bless

Richard H
Oct 19th 2008, 01:58 AM
Yeah!
A place for us geezers. (You don’t qualify, Moonglow.)

I miss my gramophone... :cry:

... what was your question again?

moonglow
Oct 19th 2008, 02:03 AM
Yeah!
A place for us geezers. (You don’t qualify, Moonglow.)

I miss my gramophone... :cry:

... what was your question again?

how do you know I don't qualify??

I have a cane!!

ok I don't...but I do have a rockin chair...:lol:

:P

Ninna
Oct 19th 2008, 02:05 AM
....and anyone younger than what age couldn't post? 45? 50?:lol:

Seriously, a need for that forum would need to be demonstrated - and besides, we can post in all forums other than the Young Adult forum...discussing our aches & pains, prescriptions, metamucil (I'm not quite there yet!), 45's, bell bottoms, disco balls - all the fun things of our youth.:)

Richard H
Oct 19th 2008, 02:12 AM
how do you know I don't qualify??

I have a cane!!

ok I don't...but I do have a rockin chair...:lol:

:P
:) What??? No, I Don't like that rock music either.

...this reminds me of when I was a boy and ...

...zzzZZZ

moonglow
Oct 19th 2008, 02:22 AM
....and anyone younger than what age couldn't post? 45? 50?:lol:

Seriously, a need for that forum would need to be demonstrated - and besides, we can post in all forums other than the Young Adult forum...discussing our aches & pains, prescriptions, metamucil (I'm not quite there yet!), 45's, bell bottoms, disco balls - all the fun things of our youth.:)

lol....I know but do the young ones want to hear us talking about that stuff? see we would be protecting them...lol ;):lol:

...this reminds me of when I was a boy and ...

...zzzZZZ

:lol::lol:

livingwaters
Oct 19th 2008, 03:03 AM
Yeah!! Me too... I got reprimanded for answering on the "Young and the Restless"....Oh, excuse me....that was waaaay back, long time ago. LOL

But, seriously, I was told that it seemed I was a "tad" above the 25 yr. old or younger requirement....Can you believe that?~~~~!!!!!:rolleyes::P:eek::rofl:

See, I'd have known better, if the instruction guide was in "large print"

moonglow
Oct 19th 2008, 03:13 AM
Yeah!! Me too... I got reprimanded for answering on the "Young and the Restless"....Oh, excuse me....that was waaaay back, long time ago. LOL

But, seriously, I was told that it seemed I was a "tad" above the 25 yr. old or younger requirement....Can you believe that?~~~~!!!!!:rolleyes::P:eek::rofl:

See, I'd have known better, if the instruction guide was in "large print"

:lol::lol::lol: too funny...

Well the thing is I would bet the young adults can post their post nearly anywhere on the board too! But they get this forum just for them...which I don't understand actually....:hmm: I will look tomorrow and see why they need this form just for them so I can figure out why us 'older' members need a form just for us too...;) (maybe we need larger print!..I know I had to go get reading glasses just to read this board!!!! :eek:)

Anyway I am too tired to investigate right now..past my bedtime...:rolleyes: (yea a whole 11 minutes after ten! ugh! :B)

God bless

Richard H
Oct 19th 2008, 03:53 AM
Zzz.. (uhgh?) …Oh, Yes. I remember now.
When I was a boy I lived near the railroad tracks. We were always told not to play around the trains, but I wasn’t scared.
One day I decided to run away. I was mad at my folks, but not really all that mad. Still, I wanted to be selfish and the best thing I could think of was to run away. It turned out that my friend, Peter was also mad at his folks, so we decided to run away together.

We got together some sandwiches and went down to a sitting freight train. Sometimes they would park a train there on one of the tracks, while they did some work on the tracks elsewhere.
Anyway, we went down and climbed onto one of the coal cars. The coal car had a platform on either end of the car, because the hopper was larger at the top and smaller at the bottom.

We sat there waiting for the train to start moving – taking us away from our “mean” parents and on toward adventure. We waited and waited.
Finally, Peter ate one of his sandwiches and I eyed mine, but I wanted to save them for when I got really hungry. So we waited some more.

Peter, was never one for sitting still too often, so he decided to go back home. The metal platform of the coal car was getting uncomfortable and it was getting dark. I sat there for another half hour and gave up on the train moving any time soon. So I gave up and went home – thinking of how much trouble I had avoided by not ending up in Albany and having to call my folks to come and get me.

Now shoo. Let me git some rest! <grumble grumble>

IMINXTC
Oct 19th 2008, 05:37 AM
The young guys downtown call me Pops. The older fellows call me Son.
Older gals call me Sweety. Younger gals call me Sir.

Call me undefineable!:(

ConqueredbyLove
Oct 19th 2008, 06:26 AM

Call me undefineable!:(

Ahhh...We, on these forums, will call you precious :hug: :hug: :hug:

Bethany67
Oct 19th 2008, 09:55 AM
A forum for us older folk (say, 40+ as a rough ballpark figure) gets my vote.

David161099
Oct 19th 2008, 11:26 AM
What about us tweenies?

Honestly at 32 I have more in common with the under 25s than the 40 plus.

Generation X!! Represent! We are the smallest genertaion apprently.

tt1106
Oct 19th 2008, 11:38 AM
39....But after 20 years of Government employ and 11 as a manager, I am definitely aging much more rapidly than my peers.:P

Bring on the Age forums.

moonglow
Oct 19th 2008, 02:34 PM
A forum for us older folk (say, 40+ as a rough ballpark figure) gets my vote.

Yea around 40..45 and up...

David161099 What about us tweenies?

See they need to raise the age limit in the young adults forum....;)

Richard H..I am now blind trying to read that tiny print in your post...:eek:

:lol:

SFASH The young guys downtown call me Pops. The older fellows call me Son.

Call me undefineable!

That's why they call it 'middle age'....:rofl:

Ta-An
Oct 19th 2008, 02:43 PM
That's why they call it 'middle age'....:rofl: Oh is that what this extra layer round my waist is called????

moonglow
Oct 19th 2008, 02:53 PM
Ok here is the purpose of the young adult forum posted by MightyMutt

Young Adults Forum Guidelines
Just a few key things to consider before posting in this forum...

1. This forum is only for those who are 25 years old or younger. Anyone who is 26 or older, well you're not a young adult anymore. So you "old-timers," please don't post here, or your post will be deleted without notice.

2. The purpose of this forum is to provide a safe place for peers to discuss the Christian faith, especially in light of ever-changing young adult culture. The word of God is eternal and unchanging, but as culture changes sometimes practical application needs to be re-examined.

3. This is not a "singles forum." I don't think we need to add anything to that.

Aside from all that, the normal general Bibleforums rules apply here.

Ok I can understand that...they do have alot to deal with!

But us older adults have to deal with it too...only in different ways...first we have to deal with OUR kids dealing with this...lol...(yes that could fit under the family forum) and our grandchildren who have to deal with the every changing world...plus we have too try to keep up! And for us it can be harder because we tend to be more set in our ways. :rolleyes: which comes with age. For instance many older adults were raised to always dress up for church and struggle with the church changing and relaxing more to allow for casual dress to attach more young adults. For some this is extremely difficult...others not so much. Our generation also has more life experiences and while the young adult are talking about going through some things in this world for the first time...we have already been through it.

On top of having to try to keep up with an ever changing world we also are dealing with more ...health issues as we age. Like I am convinced my mind is still very young! But my body simply doesn't agree! The things I want to do ...or try to do my body refuses to do...or it causes my body alot of pain when I try to do what my young mind wants! Its very frustrating!! I also have seen older adults get very depress simply because they can no longer do what they used to do...dealing with aging itself, can be quite a struggle. This is not something the young adults are dealing with...yet.

There are things I would like to talk about in regards to getting older...and trying to keep up with life and the struggle, frustration and yes depression it brings on...having to accept the fact I am getting older...(something I was sure would never happen to me! :rolleyes:) But I don't bring it up because I don't feel it fits in any forum and I really don't want to post about it in the counseling forum...its not an individual problem...but something we all have to deal with.

More and more I can relate to this passage:

2 Corinthians 5
New Bodies
1 For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies. 4 While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it’s not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit

Anyway that is my thoughts on this...so far...I am sure I will remember some more later! (something else we deal with...forgetting things alot...:rolleyes:) Though I claim I have always been forgetful! :lol:

God bless

moonglow
Oct 19th 2008, 02:58 PM
Oh is that what this extra layer round my waist is called????

Yea...I have that!

My son is turning into a tall skinny teenager and I am doing that 'middle age spread'...NO FAIR!!! :B

Seeker of truth
Oct 19th 2008, 03:18 PM
We could serve warm milk and Geritol :D

moonglow
Oct 19th 2008, 03:35 PM
We could serve warm milk and Geritol :D

:lol::lol::lol: very not funny...lol

CoffeeCat
Oct 19th 2008, 06:36 PM
The biggest reason they gave us our own forum:

If we willingly stay in our very own monkey cage that nobody else can hang out in, we won't run around screeching, or steal the guard's keys and take over the rest of the zoo. ;)

Richard H
Oct 19th 2008, 06:45 PM
The biggest reason they gave us our own forum:

If we willingly stay in our very own monkey cage that nobody else can hang out in, we won't run around screeching, or steal the guard's keys and take over the rest of the zoo. ;)
:sleeping:__________:monkeyd::monkeyd::monkeyd::mo nkeyd:___:o

CoffeeCat
Oct 19th 2008, 06:54 PM
:sleeping:__________:monkeyd::monkeyd::monkeyd::mo nkeyd:___:o

:rofl: Awesome. You know, a favourite Jars of Clay CD of mine is called "If I lft the zoo".... Hmmm.... ;)

Ninna
Oct 19th 2008, 07:06 PM
Why don't we start a social group for the 40 + gang and post in there? Let's see how popular it would be.....

daughter
Oct 19th 2008, 07:20 PM
What about us tweenies?

37, and I'm an old crone. Bottleneck glasses, can't stand that racket that young folks listen to, can't understand the youth of today, they've got no respect dagnab it...

I'm not quite Grandpa Simpson... but I'm getting there.

DEATH!!! ARGH! Oh, sorry, that was the baby...

DEATH!!! ARGH! Sorry, that was the cat...

DEATH!!! ARGH... sorry...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

moonglow
Oct 19th 2008, 09:28 PM
Why don't we start a social group for the 40 + gang and post in there? Let's see how popular it would be.....

Post it where? You mean just a thread or what? I am old and slow and need things spelled out for me....:rolleyes:

daughter

37, and I'm an old crone. Bottleneck glasses, can't stand that racket that young folks listen to, can't understand the youth of today, they've got no respect dagnab it...

I'm not quite Grandpa Simpson... but I'm getting there.

DEATH!!! ARGH! Oh, sorry, that was the baby...

DEATH!!! ARGH! Sorry, that was the cat...

DEATH!!! ARGH... sorry...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wow! You are grumpier then I am and I am ten years older then you! :o

I guess we could let in old folks wanta be's.....:cool: :lol:

but only if you come wearing bell bottom jeans..! ha!!

God bless

CoffeeCat
Oct 19th 2008, 10:48 PM
If it makes you people feel any better... my dear grandma is 80, I'm nearly 23, and she and I wear the same kind of shirts. That's right! We both like shirts with floral prints or nature scenes or geometric patterns on them. We go shopping together, and we BOTH stop and admire the same shirts. :lol: There. My secret's out!

(Generation gap? WHAT generation gap??)

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 12:14 AM
If it makes you people feel any better... my dear grandma is 80, I'm nearly 23, and she and I wear the same kind of shirts. That's right! We both like shirts with floral prints or nature scenes or geometric patterns on them. We go shopping together, and we BOTH stop and admire the same shirts. :lol: There. My secret's out!

(Generation gap? WHAT generation gap??)

Another oldie wanta be...:cool: :lol:

Richard H
Oct 20th 2008, 12:19 AM
(perhaps) To qualify, you must be able to identify this:

http://www.360grafx.com/45adapter.jpg:cool:

Dani H
Oct 20th 2008, 01:02 AM

What about us old people who didn't grow up in the U.S. and have no clue what that yellow thingy is?

I'm quite familiar with bellbottoms and awful 70s home decorating color choices, though. Orange, brown and green? Together? In large flower patterns? Seriously? Whyyyyyyyyyyy :)

Richard H
Oct 20th 2008, 01:05 AM
What about us old people who didn't grow up in the U.S. and have no clue what that yellow thingy is?

I'm quite familiar with bellbottoms and awful 70s home decorating color choices, though. Orange, brown and green? Together? In large flower patterns? Seriously? Whyyyyyyyyyyy :)
Sorry Dani, You're in the wrong decade. :rofl:

IMINXTC
Oct 20th 2008, 01:07 AM
You mean I shouldn't have to use these thingies anymore? But what about my "Gary Pucket and the Union Gap" disc? (Young Girl).:o

doug3
Oct 20th 2008, 01:37 AM

I have no idea either :hmm: :giveup:. I didn't grow up in the USA, but am a child of the (early) 60's.

Richard H
Oct 20th 2008, 02:06 AM
_________________________________45 :hmm:

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 02:33 AM

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it seems vaguely familiar...but I am old and don't remember!!! :B :giveup:

Richard H
Oct 20th 2008, 02:42 AM
I guess that's all the guesses. SFASH knew. ;)
Here's another "hint".

http://www.360grafx.com/45disk.jpg

Dani H
Oct 20th 2008, 02:44 AM
Sorry Dani, You're in the wrong decade. :rofl:

I'm 41.

So ... nyah to you. :P

And that's a record ... umm ... adapter thingy to make it fit on the hooyah on the turntable thingamabob (yes, those are technical terms). Except ours were black.

Richard H
Oct 20th 2008, 02:50 AM
I'm 41.

So ... nyah to you. :P

And that's a record ... umm ... adapter thingy to make it fit on the hooyah on the turntable thingamabob (yes, those are technical terms). Except ours were black.
Some were solid & black and stayed on the spindle.
45rpm à 33 1/3rpm adaptor for your old phono-player. :spin:

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 03:06 AM
Some were solid & black and stayed on the spindle.
45rpm à 33 1/3rpm adaptor for your old phono-player. :spin:

record player! no fair using old timers words like phono player...:lol:

I usually had the stackers (still have a record player and a stacker) so you can stack them and when one is done playing the next one drops down..

http://coolrecordplayers.com/library/ad01-01_XL.gif

by the way...when you had '45' in your other post I thought you were telling your age...lol

oh the stacker I have now doesn't look like that though...couldn't find one that looks like it.

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 03:09 AM
found it...

http://www.jukn55.com/GA-45.jpg

Ashley274
Oct 20th 2008, 03:16 AM

PLAYS 45 'S :lol:

I suggested an older people's forum eons ago and too feel there is a need and desire.....but shrugs

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 03:21 AM

I suggested an older people's forum eons ago and too feel there is a need and desire.....but shrugs

Probably didn't have enough 'old people' on here to root your idea on...:lol:I don't remember seeing it or I would have posted on it.

Anything goes seems to be taken over alot by the young ones on the board too...anyone notice that? :lol:

God bless

Ashley274
Oct 20th 2008, 03:25 AM
Moon I may have put it as a WISH I do not recall but I do remember Diggin and also Bill were for it....then I forget :lol::rofl:

IMINXTC
Oct 20th 2008, 03:38 AM
record player! no fair using old timers words like phono player...:lol:

I usually had the stackers (still have a record player and a stacker) so you can stack them and when one is done playing the next one drops down..

http://coolrecordplayers.com/library/ad01-01_XL.gif

by the way...when you had '45' in your other post I thought you were telling your age...lol

oh the stacker I have now doesn't look like that though...couldn't find one that looks like it.

Stackers was hard-core, high-tech!

Ashley274
Oct 20th 2008, 03:38 AM
Here is the link...many felt it was just a joke...though 50 would be a high end choice but over 28 would be cool with me ;)

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=128478&highlight=older+people+forum

I also saw someone else suggest this too......when I was searching....maybe we have more of a need then the mods know?

CoffeeCat
Oct 20th 2008, 03:43 AM
That yellow thing... know what it looked like to me? The top of a "childproof" (and usually senior-proof!) pill bottle. :lol:

Richard H
Oct 20th 2008, 03:52 AM
I knew the "45" hint would still be tough.

You all are too funny. :rofl:
Are you old enough to remember 78s?

slightlypuzzled
Oct 20th 2008, 04:10 AM

Yeah...I remember them, but they were muzzle loaders, weren't they????

Ashley274
Oct 20th 2008, 04:19 AM

I have some BUT I inherited them. Ya know folks :lol: vinyl is back they sell them again AND the players last I saw cost a fortune.....I am not THAT old but beware this question would not seal the deal :P

Ashley274
Oct 20th 2008, 04:20 AM
That yellow thing... know what it looked like to me? The top of a "childproof" (and usually senior-proof!) pill bottle. :lol:

:lol::lol::rofl: I am sooo glad I am not in need of senior stuff.....yet :eek:

IMINXTC
Oct 20th 2008, 05:23 AM

Had a stack of "78's" and an RCA Wind-up, which would be worth a handsome fortune these days:(

Ashley274
Oct 20th 2008, 05:29 AM
:eek::o SFASH HOW OLD ARE YOU..You would be like over 100 years old :rofl::lol:

IMINXTC
Oct 20th 2008, 08:27 AM
I'm a spry 55... the wind-up was actually a precursor to the RCA; I think it was a victrola and already an antique when I had it. I also had player-piano rolls from the 1800's. All lost in a fire back when I was a whipper-snapper:) (including the player piano). Forever Young, Kiddo...:)

Bethany67
Oct 20th 2008, 09:43 AM

Yes; we had a record player that my Dad built from scratch that would play all size records, including his beloved Jerry Lee Lewis. We also had one of those huge reel-to-reel vertical tape players (I remember Burl Ives singing 'Ugly Duckling'), and we had silent cinefilm of Laurel and Hardy, 1930s cartoons like Jack and the Beanstalk and Tom and Jerry, and faded family holidays from the 1950s; we had a rolled pull-up screen that went on a stand. Mum still has them in the loft.

My Dad drove the same beloved Austin A60 Cambridge from the early 60s until the late 80s (replacing his Ford Seven):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Cambridge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_7W

Early holidays for me were a boarding-house in North Wales, run by a spinster called Miss Jones; Mum and Dad went there for 20 years every year, and it smelled of boiled cabbage. We used to set off at 4am and stop at 7am by the side of the motorway to cook bacon and eggs over a camping stove. It was the only time we had breakfast cereal in those little individual variety multi-packs. We never ate macaroni and rice except as sweet milk puddings, never had mayonnaise (only salad cream - mayo was 'foreign'). Even ketchup was a rarity. Didn't even know what curry and pizza were - unless it was shepherds pie or steak and kidney pudding or Friday night fish and chips, every dinner was plain meat, boiled potatoes and veg, and the only seasoning in the house was table salt and ground white pepper.

McDonalds didn't exist in the UK in those days until the mid 70s - it was table-service Wimpy Bars only. It was Charles and Di's wedding in 1981 when we first ate savoury pasta - I made spaghetti bolognaise, and it was the first time we all ate mixed herbs, bought a dried packet and measured it out very carefully. A salad was a leaf of lettuce, a few slices of cucumber, and a quartered tomato, with a wedge of cheese and Heinz salad cream - pickled onions on special occasions. Never had French bread - we bought plain white loaves from the milkman who also sold the incredibly exotic orange juice in glass bottles (but we didn't have that because it was 'special' and too posh for us - Dad got an orange one Christmas during WW2 and held them in high regard ever after). He made orange marmalade and wine with stuff he grew on the allotment.

Duvets were viewed with suspicion as foreign; 'proper' beds were made with sheets and blankets and candlewick bedspreads. We only drank tea, never coffee unless it was liquid Camp coffee made entirely with hot milk.

My Mum drove an Austin A30 bubble-car until the late Eighties, and still has an olive-green kitchen and a light blue tile and orange cork bathroom. I proudly have Axminster-type red patterned carpet, and a shelf-full of my and hubby's singles and LPs. She still can't work the video player she bought in 1982 though.

Richard H
Oct 20th 2008, 12:18 PM
For SFASH: (wind-up & 78prm record)
http://www.360grafx.com/Victor_VV_VI_open_sized.jpg

For Bethany: (Auston A30 Bubblecar)
http://www.360grafx.com/AustinA30 bubble-car.jpg

Bethany67
Oct 20th 2008, 01:49 PM
Yay - that's the one. It had no seat belts and these bar indicators that flipped out on the side. Mum sold it to a local hippy and we used to see him beetling around in it for a couple of years, but I expect it's scrap metal now. I loved that car - never went above 30mph and was like a Flintstone car. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 02:08 PM
Are you guys still talking about old people's stuff on here?

I wouldn't know any of this stuff cause I am not that old....heh....

Bethany67
Oct 20th 2008, 02:11 PM
Yes we are - young whippersnapper ;) If you're not careful, someone'll bring up powdered egg, the landgirls and Vera Lynn ...

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 02:15 PM
Yes we are - young whippersnapper ;) If you're not careful, someone'll bring up powdered egg, the landgirls and Vera Lynn ...

:lol::lol::lol::P

Maybe we need a forum for the middle aged folks then a forum for the really old folks on here...:rofl:

ok so I admit I do know some of the stuff you guys are talking about...

but don't tell anyone...

Bethany67
Oct 20th 2008, 02:22 PM
I start the day feeling like a creaky 68-year-old, but I get 'younger' as I warm up ... until I'm positively youthful by about 8pm (like Dorian Gray), and then it's time for bed anyway. It's my version of doing the Timewarp.

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 02:33 PM
I start the day feeling like a creaky 68-year-old, but I get 'younger' as I warm up ... until I'm positively youthful by about 8pm (like Dorian Gray), and then it's time for bed anyway. It's my version of doing the Timewarp.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well I tell you, you do a good job of it cause I would have thought you were more around my age ..I am 47. The 70's were the 'good old days' for me...lol.

But I know what you mean...takes me all morning to get woke up! :rolleyes:

Dragonfighter1
Oct 20th 2008, 03:15 PM

Well I tell you, you do a good job of it cause I would have thought you were more around my age ..I am 47. The 70's were the 'good old days' for me...lol.

But I know what you mean...takes me all morning to get woke up! :rolleyes:

That's what coffee is for....silly girl!:bounce:

Bethany67
Oct 20th 2008, 03:47 PM
I'm not that much younger ... soon going to be 42. I just feel older in the mornings ... slipped discs, so I hobble until the painkillers kick in.

tango
Oct 20th 2008, 04:30 PM
God bless

Mumble mutter mutter. Them newfangled contraptions :rolleyes::lol:

Richard H
Oct 20th 2008, 04:49 PM
Disco?:o

When I was a kid we had songs like: Hey there Georgy Girl, Blowin' in the Wind, and even Downtown. The Beatles were beginin to change their music, and Elvis hadn' come back from the army, so that he could leave the building. (Madison Sqr Garden) :pp

jesuslover1968
Oct 20th 2008, 04:54 PM
I could agree Moonglow, but leaving the young ones to themselves isn't wise...who knows what they will come up with. I actually posted in that forum here a few months back, by accident, and you would have thought I had commited one of the seven deadly sins...:lol:

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 05:50 PM
I'm not that much younger ... soon going to be 42. I just feel older in the mornings ... slipped discs, so I hobble until the painkillers kick in.

oh I thought you said you were 67!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

wonder how I got so mixed up..........:cool:

sorry to hear about your back...I have a bulging disc in my low back...:(

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 05:54 PM
Disco?:o

When I was a kid we had songs like: Hey there Georgy Girl, Blowin' in the Wind, and even Downtown. The Beatles were beginin to change their music, and Elvis hadn' come back from the army, so that he could leave the building. (Madison Sqr Garden) :pp

my mom could relate to all of that....lol

I never liked the beatles...:rolleyes:

jesuslover1968 I could agree Moonglow, but leaving the young ones to themselves isn't wise...who knows what they will come up with. I actually posted in that forum here a few months back, by accident, and you would have thought I had commited one of the seven deadly sins..

lol...shame on you! lol

Oh they would never ne alone..we mix and mingle on the rest of the board...

Dragonfighter1
Oct 20th 2008, 06:06 PM
Oh they would never ne alone..we mix and mingle on the rest of the board...

:thumbsdn:Oh I strongly disagree.
If we don't watch the kids they'll start spawning threads out of wedlock!:lol: Before you know it there will be little threads everywhere.:blushhap:
Now, of course I am against terminating little threads on principle. But we have to stop them being conceiving until they are mature enough to support them!:monkeyd:

Come on now, that was really smart wasnt it? huh, huh?? Deserves some reps right? yes?

lol.

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 06:09 PM
:thumbsdn:Oh I strongly disagree.
If we don't watch the kids they'll start spawning threads out of wedlock!:lol: Before you know it there will be little threads everywhere.:blushhap:
Now, of course I am against terminating little threads on principle. But we have to stop them being conceiving until they are mature enough to support them!:monkeyd:

Come on now, that was really smart wasnt it? huh, huh?? Deserves some reps right? yes?

lol.

oh brother...:rolleyes:

you better watch it or you will get back the 'can of worms' reward!

tango

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonglow
God bless
Mumble mutter mutter. Them newfangled contraptions

Elvis is evil!!! Evil Rock and Roll!!!!

Did that make you feel better?

:rofl:

you ought hear the stuff my son wants to listen too...nothing but screaming! Its awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :B and you thought Elvis was bad....:rolleyes:

Dragonfighter1
Oct 20th 2008, 06:13 PM
oh brother...:rolleyes:

you better watch it or you will get back the 'can of worms' reward!

I'm sorry to inform you I am not accepting single cans anymore. If I don't qualify for double rewards I am not interested!:P

Put that under your tongue and warm it :rofl:

Ta-An
Oct 20th 2008, 06:15 PM

I suggested an older people's forum eons ago and too feel there is a need and desire.....but shrugsI still do have a gramophone that plays 16 speed...

Julie, you are a Spring chicken :lol:
I am 51 and I am NOT old, I just forget a little :hmm:

Richard H
Oct 20th 2008, 06:54 PM
I still do have a gramophone that plays 16 speed...

Our phono-player looked sort of like this.
It would play 16s too. I used to like switching speeds.

Ssiixxtteeeenn___Ppllaayyeedd____Rreeaallyy______S slloowwwwww... :rolleyes:

http://www.360grafx.com/library_phono.jpg

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 06:56 PM
I'm sorry to inform you I am not accepting single cans anymore. If I don't qualify for double rewards I am not interested!:P

Put that under your tongue and warm it :rofl:

eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

here's a worm for you...dare you to put that under your tongue!!! :rofl:

http://vnuuk.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/worm.jpg

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 06:58 PM
I still do have a gramophone that plays 16 speed...

Julie, you are a Spring chicken :lol:
I am 51 and I am NOT old, I just forget a little :hmm:

Yea would say that if you were a 100 and I was 95...:rolleyes: 95 IS still 95! lol....

Besides, not that much longer and I will be 48! ugh...:cool:

I forget LOTS of things...just ask Nate...of course he forget lots of things too...wonder what his excuse is...? :lol:

Dragonfighter1
Oct 20th 2008, 07:03 PM
eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

here's a worm for you...dare you to put that under your tongue!!! :rofl:
http://vnuuk.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/worm.jpg

That's not a worm, that's a leech silly!

Obviously its best to keep the head between your teeth for them little boogers! :rofl:

(By the way-how much searching on the web did it take to find that ugly sucker?)

(just for the record-NO I never put em in my mouth to keep them warm... but I was forced to swallow a canadian night crawler in youth group once. The leader said if I did he would, and the entire youth group begged me to do it.... then the leader chickened out, the rotter!)

Ta-An
Oct 20th 2008, 07:07 PM
Reminds me..... we used to put Silkworms in our mouths!!! :rofl:

Dragonfighter1
Oct 20th 2008, 07:25 PM
Reminds me..... we used to put Silkworms in our mouths!!! :rofl:
Which is why you are smooth tongued!:lol:

Whispering Grace
Oct 20th 2008, 07:28 PM

So what....the 26-39 crowd gets left out AGAIN??????????

:mad:

Whispering Grace
Oct 20th 2008, 07:30 PM
I'm cute when I'm mad, aren't I?

:D

Dragonfighter1
Oct 20th 2008, 08:07 PM
But look what it did to my head......

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 08:30 PM
I'm cute when I'm mad, aren't I?

:D

lol for some reason we all look the same on here when we get mad...like this :mad:

:hmm:

You just need to get older!! fast! :lol:

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 08:31 PM
But look what it did to my head......

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

so its a leech...big deal.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you need to make it bigger and cross your eyes and drool on yourself...:lol::lol:

Dragonfighter1
Oct 20th 2008, 08:32 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

so its a leech...big deal.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you need to make it bigger and cross your eyes and drool on yourself...:lol::lol:
I'm, not that good with photoshop!

moonglow
Oct 20th 2008, 08:38 PM
I'm, not that good with photoshop!

Oh how I wish I still had photoshop...:rolleyes: Boy did I have fun...well once I figured it out that is...ha!!

IMINXTC
Oct 20th 2008, 10:07 PM
For SFASH: (wind-up & 78prm record)
http://www.360grafx.com/Victor_VV_VI_open_sized.jpg

That's amazingly right-on:o

Dani H
Oct 21st 2008, 01:38 AM
So what....the 26-39 crowd gets left out AGAIN??????????

You still have youth on your side.

Shush.

:)

Ninna
Oct 21st 2008, 05:50 PM
I'm kind of slow in this thread. I am "offline":D (mostly) for a few days but just checking in.

Moonglow - to get to the Social Groups, go into your UserCP and on the left-hand side you will see "Networking," Under this is the link for Social Groups. Let us know what you think.

moonglow
Oct 21st 2008, 06:24 PM
I'm kind of slow in this thread. I am "offline":D (mostly) for a few days but just checking in.

Moonglow - to get to the Social Groups, go into your UserCP and on the left-hand side you will see "Networking," Under this is the link for Social Groups. Let us know what you think.

Oh I see (said the blind man to the deaf man...:rolleyes:) make a social group! ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

gosh I am slow. I totally forgot about the social groups and I even belong to a couple....:cool:

But I will say I don't like them...you can't quote anyone..and have to read everything backwards...last post is listed first...its hard to follow who is talking to whom... :cool: So I probably won't set up one but others are welcome too. If I don't see something I tend to forget its there...:blush:

Thanks anyway. :)

God bless

Dragonfighter1
Oct 21st 2008, 07:44 PM
Oh I see (said the blind man to the deaf man...:rolleyes:) make a social group! ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

gosh I am slow. I totally forgot about the social groups and I even belong to a couple....:cool:

But I will say I don't like them...you can't quote anyone..and have to read everything backwards...last post is listed first...its hard to follow who is talking to whom... :cool: So I probably won't set up one but others are welcome too. If I don't see something I tend to forget its there...:blush:

Thanks anyway. :)

God bless

Bang on target Moonglow! We are trying to get that changed in the prep for end times social group right now. We want to make some of the changes you suggested like thread management and subscription updates...
pray for admin's to be convicted :pray:,
for the HOLY SPIRIT.. to give them grief and unsettled spirits :o
SO that they feel lousy and miserable and unhappy and
so they say to themselves...
"OH we must respond immediately to this VERY important request.
"Why Moonglow and Dragonfighter are spot on.
"How could we be so callous to ignore their urgent plea!
..And then they will jump right on it and spend countless hours programming ...

OH Yeah!!!!!:rofl:

(I'm gonna flag my own message to the admins so they read this HAHA)

amazzin
Oct 21st 2008, 07:52 PM
Bang on target Moonglow! We are trying to get that changed in the prep for end times social group right now. We want to make some of the changes you suggested like thread management and subscription updates...

My office is now open for deliverance ministry and demon casting. Please bring your bathing suit for the post-exorcism anointing with oil.

And oh yeah, don't forget your bib for the traditional communion supper with ritz crackers and grape juice!

Dragonfighter1
Oct 21st 2008, 07:58 PM
My office is now open for deliverance ministry and demon casting. Please bring your bathing suit for the post-exorcism anointing with oil.

And oh yeah, don't forget your bib for the traditional communion supper with ritz crackers and grape juice!
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

no deliverance until delivery (of the goods!):lol:

I have a special anointing of conviction...."thou art to foam at the mouth until completion of thine task!"

See its east to be a false prophet! that'll be twenty bucks please!:rofl:

Dragonfighter1
Oct 21st 2008, 08:00 PM

Ritz crackers??? you snob!

amazzin
Oct 21st 2008, 08:05 PM
Ritz crackers??? you snob!

:crazy:

:no:

**Note to self**
add a dose of stricnic to DF's juice

amazzin
Oct 21st 2008, 08:21 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

no deliverance until delivery (of the goods!):lol:

I have a special anointing of conviction...."thou art to foam at the mouth until completion of thine task!"

See its east to be a false prophet! that'll be twenty bucks please!:rofl:

Are you against Holy Spirit driven, tongue spoken, laying on of hands buring, Prophetic speaking deliverance?

;)

moonglow
Oct 21st 2008, 08:25 PM

you english men talk funny...:lol:

yea that will teach em! ha!!

Dragonfighter1
Oct 21st 2008, 08:25 PM
Are you against Holy Spirit driven, tongue spoken, laying on of hands buring, Prophetic speaking deliverance?

;)
No way mate, I love all manifestations:huh: of the terpsichorean muse!

moonglow
Oct 21st 2008, 08:26 PM

;)

You tell em there preacher..that'll teach them there heathens....;) :lol:

doug3
Oct 21st 2008, 08:34 PM
I guess that's all the guesses. SFASH knew. ;)
Here's another "hint".

http://www.360grafx.com/45disk.jpg

lol.....good one ....does remembering 33 rpm extended play qualify me?

By the way...what was the 16 rpm on old gramaphones (Britspeak for phonogarph) for anyway?

Richard H
Oct 21st 2008, 09:33 PM
lol.....good one ....does remembering 33 rpm extended play qualify me?

By the way...what was the 16 rpm on old gramaphones (Britspeak for phonogarph) for anyway?
Since you said "extended play", you qualify. ;)

According to ACCM (post#72), 16s played on gramophones.

Our old library style turntable played 'em too, and my folks had a couple of 16s at the time.
I used to like switching the speeds.
:rofl: But some kids are just easily amused. :rolleyes:

Whispering Grace
Oct 21st 2008, 09:56 PM
You people are very, very weird. :crazy:

(And don't be quoting no Scripture about being a peculiar people...!)

amazzin
Oct 21st 2008, 10:18 PM
(And don't be quoting no Scripture about being a peculiar people...!)

No we are just geriatrics on Bengay formula 455.......

dljc
Oct 21st 2008, 11:44 PM

Call me undefineable!:(You're lucky! They all just call me "Hey you!".

Richard H
Oct 22nd 2008, 12:08 AM
Did somebody mention an Oldie group?
I just looked, but didn't see nothin'. :mad: _____:rolleyes:

What was I saying? :hmm:

Oh yes! When I was a boy, we had...uh..._______zzzZZZ :sleeping:

dljc
Oct 22nd 2008, 12:48 AM
What were you saying Richard? Something about Roy? What did he do this time?

I think I need a nap.:rofl:

Richard H
Oct 22nd 2008, 01:07 AM
What were you saying Richard? Something about Roy? What did he do this time?
L.O.L.

ZZzz...>*< <ughmah> huh? Roy?!!!
What's that blasted tadpole gotten into NOW?
<grumble grumble>...zzzZZZ:sleeping:

dljc
Oct 22nd 2008, 01:27 AM
Roy blasted a tadpole! What did he do that for??? I remember back when I was a kid we used to catch those things and watch em turn into frogs. That was back when I was knee-high to a grasshopper, things were different then. Can't imagine why Roy would be blasting them, but what do I know about what these kids are doing today. :dunno:

Dani H
Oct 22nd 2008, 01:37 AM
You're lucky! They all just call me "Hey you!".

They don't call me at all. :(

Which may or may not have something to do with the fact that I can no longer hear the telephone. :hmm:

Richard H
Oct 22nd 2008, 01:41 AM
Roy blasted a tadpole! What did he do that for??? I remember back when I was a kid we used to catch those things and watch em turn into frogs. That was back when I was knee-high to a grasshopper, things were different then. Can't imagine why Roy would be blasting them, but what do I know about what these kids are doing today. :dunno:
L.O.L.

I'm reminded of one of my Dad's favorite jokes. (He was hard of hearing)
I had to convince him that he was reading lips, by turning off the light.

Anyway... Two old guys sitting on a bench.
One said, "hey! I just got a new watch."

The other said, "Really? What kind it it?"

The first old guy said, "Oh, about quarter to three!"

Richard H
Oct 22nd 2008, 01:49 AM
No! I remembered it wrong :rofl:
It was a hearing-aid.

I MUST be gettin' old! :mad:

Richard H
Oct 22nd 2008, 01:55 AM

Which may or may not have something to do with the fact that I can no longer hear the telephone. :hmm:
L.O.L.
They make special phones with extra loud ringers, Dani.
They have BIG buttons too. :lol:
My Dad got one!

I modified his TV remote (he had two), by opening it up & cutting off the EXTRA buttons.
He'd fall asleep and press the buttons - then the TV would be all messed up - set to VCR and like that.

Dani H
Oct 22nd 2008, 01:59 AM
L.O.L.
They make special phones with extra loud ringers, Dani.
They have BIG buttons too. :lol:
My Dad got one!

I modified his TV remote (he had two), by opening it up & cutting off the EXTRA buttons.
He'd fall asleep and press the buttons - then the TV would be all messed up - set to VCR and like that.

Well, sometimes I hear it ring and then I forget where I put it. :)

I think a TV remote with more than 10 buttons is of the evil one. If you need a 100-page user manual to control a box where there is nothing ever on, anyway ... there's something very wrong. :lol:

You know you're getting old when you look at a cell phone and wonder how you make an actual ... phone call. I wish I was kidding ... someone pass the Geritol please. :)

dljc
Oct 22nd 2008, 02:09 AM

Which may or may not have something to do with the fact that I can no longer hear the telephone. :hmm:I know what you mean, if I'm laying on my right side, sleeping (even lightly) I can't or don't hear the phone ring. So I try to make sure I sleep on my right side. :rofl:So as not to be disturbed while napping.:D

BTW, I started the official "Old Timers" thread in Anything Goes.

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=144292

dljc
Oct 22nd 2008, 02:13 AM
L.O.L.

I'm reminded of one of my Dad's favorite jokes. (He was hard of hearing)
I had to convince him that he was reading lips, by turning off the light.

Anyway... Two old guys sitting on a bench.
One said, "hey! I just got a new watch."

The other said, "Really? What kind it it?"

The first old guy said, "Oh, about quarter to three!"

No! I remembered it wrong :rofl:
It was a hearing-aid.

I MUST be gettin' old! :mad:I'm sorry for doing this Richard, but this is just funny. :lol: Considering what we're pretending to do here. :)

Richard H
Oct 22nd 2008, 02:13 AM
I know what you mean, if I'm laying on my right side, sleeping (even lightly) I can't or don't hear the phone ring. So I try to make sure I sleep on my right side. :rofl:So as not to be disturbed while napping.:D

BTW, I started the official "Old Timers" thread in Anything Goes.

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=144292

Good!
A thread is better than a group, because you get email alerts.

IMINXTC
Oct 22nd 2008, 03:39 AM
Unless those email alerts tend to raise your blood-pressure. LOL

Richard H
Oct 22nd 2008, 06:18 AM
Unless those email alerts tend to raise your blood-pressure. LOL
Heehee

I think you can turn 'em off. Even adjust how often.

The alerts keep warning me that additional emails mat not be sent, but sometimes, they keep coming. Dunno if that's cause I manually subscribed to some threads.

Dragonfighter1
Oct 22nd 2008, 09:28 AM
Good!
A thread is better than a group, because you get email alerts.
which is why the groups are becoming marginalized:sad:

Richard H
Oct 22nd 2008, 01:14 PM
which is why the groups are becoming marginalized:sad:
Cheer UP! DragonFighter! :)
They're still good places for centralized information. :spin:

Richard

Ninna
Oct 22nd 2008, 02:33 PM
There are no plans of creating new forums currently, so a thread like I see in Lighter Side or a social group are the options for us of a "certain age."

turtledove
Oct 22nd 2008, 04:18 PM
For those of us getting up there in age...:lol:

Ok I just get annoyed seeing threads on the young adult forum that I can't post on...:rolleyes: cause I am old and cranky...:cool: :lol:

God bless

May need a separate one for us 'old as the hills' folks who could talk about 78 records, bell bottom trousers(they keep coming back)crew cuts, when Elvis was young, and maybe even when people still used ice boxes. Oh, wow, now I have really dated myself. I am, of course referring to those times when I was a very small baby. :D Actually my aunt did have an ice box instead of a refrigerator and the ice man delivered ice once or twice a week; but she was just late in buying a refrigerator--very late. We never had an ice box in our house except long before I was born.

I refuse to call such a section the "Over the Hill" group though. :rofl:

moonglow
Oct 22nd 2008, 04:25 PM
May need a separate one for us 'old as the hills' folks who could talk about 78 records, bell bottom trousers(they keep coming back)crew cuts, when Elvis was young, and maybe even when people still used ice boxes. Oh, wow, now I have really dated myself. I am, of course referring to those times when I was a very small baby. :D Actually my aunt did have an ice box instead of a refrigerator and the ice man delivered ice once or twice a week; but she was just late in buying a refrigerator--very late. We never had an ice box in our house except long before I was born.

lol....ok we won't call it the over the hill group...:lol:

My mom listened to Elvis, Johnny Cash and the likes all the time! We grew up on those songs...:)

Dani H
Oct 23rd 2008, 06:38 PM

It's not a hill. It's a ramp. I'm still flying. Wheeeeeeeee

Richard H
Oct 23rd 2008, 07:02 PM
It's not a hill. It's a ramp. I'm still flying. Wheeeeeeeee
'Seems like steep stairs to me somedays. ;)

parsonsmom
Feb 7th 2013, 11:28 PM
You guys are just younguns.

TomH
Feb 8th 2013, 01:34 AM
Crank telephones, riding on the cars running boards, and actually steam locomotives.
Hand cars for the railroad work crews.

I remember getting to hang the mail bag on the hook for the train to "grab" as it went through in the mornings.

Silver dollars and 50 cent oieces. Three musketeer bars were big enough ( and marked ) to split between three kids.

BrianW
Feb 8th 2013, 01:59 AM
Old people are funny!

*Laughs*

*Thinks for a second*

*Remembers how old he is*

*Cries a little*

Silvermist
Feb 8th 2013, 07:08 AM
I remember hopscotch, hula hoops and Captain Kangaroo.

Old man
Feb 8th 2013, 05:43 PM
Rotory telephones.

MaryCage
Dec 1st 2014, 09:38 PM
How about at a "Young at Heart" forum that could cover everyone who meets that criterion even if they are 20 or 100? My body at 79 is pretty shot, but I still think young.

mailmandan
Dec 2nd 2014, 01:50 AM
You know you're getting old when:

your ideal night out is to play "Bingo".

you get complaints from your neighbors that your TV is too loud.

you have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.

you bend over to tie your shoe then look for something else to do while you're down there.

your new easy chair has more options than your car.

your little black book only contains names ending in M.D.

you go from hoping for a BMW to hoping for a BM.

bunnymuldare
Dec 2nd 2014, 06:14 PM
You know you're getting old when:

your ideal night out is to play "Bingo".

you get complaints from your neighbors that your TV is too loud.

you have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.

you bend over to tie your shoe then look for something else to do while you're down there.

your new easy chair has more options than your car.

your little black book only contains names ending in M.D.

you go from hoping for a BMW to hoping for a BM.

LOL I liked this on the best: You bend over to tie your shoe then look for something else to do while you're down there.

I can identify. :thumbsup:

btw do all old people overuse smileys?

Do you realize this message started in 2008 and it's still going?

Maybe there could be a forum for old people, young people, ugly people, smart people, fat people. The list could be endless. :hmm:

Old man
Dec 10th 2014, 08:45 PM
... btw do all old people overuse smileys?

I do like me some smileys.

… Maybe there could be a forum for old people, young people, ugly people, smart people, fat people. The list could be endless. :hmm:

Perhaps one for fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks, tough kids, wimpy kids and even those with chicken pox?

mailmandan
Dec 12th 2014, 12:57 PM
It seems like no matter what your age is, there is someone younger than you who thinks you are old and someone older than you who thinks you are still young. ;)

paidforinfull
Dec 12th 2014, 01:08 PM
It seems like no matter what your age is, there is someone younger than you who thinks you are old and someone older than you who thinks you are still young. ;)

My mom always says you should surround yourself with people older than yourself if you want to feel younger :).

Hey, does anybody here remember wooden Tinkertoys? I looked it up on Amazon the other day and nearly fell off my chair when I saw the price. They mostly make it out of plastic nowadays.

Another big favorite when we were kids were board games (Ludo, Snakes and Ladders etc.). Books. We used to read a lot. Swim in the dam, climb mountains and excavate caves.

It was fun!

B.

Sheshisown
Jan 6th 2015, 01:46 AM
Certainly a good idea! We oldies need to inspire one another!

Diggindeeper
Jan 19th 2015, 03:24 AM
It would probably be the wisest forum on the whole board!

Ta-An
Jan 19th 2015, 12:10 PM
What is age?
Who is 'old'??

ItsAllLinked
Jun 27th 2015, 07:32 PM
It would probably be the wisest forum on the whole board!

Yeah but you'd never remember if it was ;)

Diggindeeper
Jun 27th 2015, 07:51 PM
Yeah but you'd never remember if it was ;)

I betcha I would remember....you don't know me and my photographic memory....LOL

Arabesque
Jun 27th 2015, 08:09 PM
Haha, this whole forum feels like the older section to me. :P

But that's one of the main reasons why I come back, actually. I like getting perspectives from people outside of my own social network and real-life encounters.

ItsAllLinked
Jun 27th 2015, 09:51 PM
I betcha I would remember....you don't know me and my photographic memory....LOL

Hahaha! thankfully in Christ age is but a short memory. Or rather will be a forgotten past :)

Protective Angel
Jun 28th 2015, 02:43 PM

Remember back when our photographic memory was in black and white? :)

http://bibleforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=12792&stc=1 Around here a person can start getting a senior citizens discount at age 55.

miepie
Aug 17th 2015, 02:57 PM
Can I join the old folks forum? I just turned 50 today! :eek: :lol:

Love you all lots,
Mieke :kiss:

Diggindeeper
Aug 17th 2015, 08:26 PM
Nope! You're still too young.

Happy Birthday!