Oct 19th 2008, 07:04 PM
Can someone please explain this verse? What is the "garden of renown?"

Thank you.

RogerW
Oct 19th 2008, 07:46 PM

Thank you.

Greetings Welder,

Seeing it in a different translation may be helpful. It's speaking of Christ.

Eze 34:29 And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.

Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

Isa 60:21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.

Blessings,
RW

Equipped_4_Love
Oct 19th 2008, 07:48 PM
Greetings Welder,

Seeing it in a different translation may be helpful. It's speaking of Christ.

Eze 34:29 And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.

Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

Isa 60:21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.

Blessings,
RW

Are you saying, then, that it is referring to Israel? But in the other verses you quoted, Israel is referred to as a branch. I have heard that this plant of renown is a literal type of plant.

RogerW
Oct 19th 2008, 08:11 PM
Are you saying, then, that it is referring to Israel? But in the other verses you quoted, Israel is referred to as a branch. I have heard that this plant of renown is a literal type of plant.

The plant of renown comes out of Israel; eg the seed of David (Christ). It speaks to the remnant saved by grace through faith from Israel as well as to the great multitude that no man can number from the rest of the world.

Isa 4:2 In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.
Isa 4:3 And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:
Isa 4:4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.

Israel is not the branch, but rather the nation from whence cometh the Branch.

Blessings,
RW

Equipped_4_Love
Oct 19th 2008, 08:23 PM
Thank you..........

Literalist-Luke
Oct 19th 2008, 08:26 PM
God is simply describing life for Israel after the 2nd Coming. He's merely saying that Israel's crops will be so fertile and bountiful that Israel will be "renowned" for the abundance of their agriculture. Nothing more, nothing less.

You have to read the passage in context and it becomes very simple.

RoadWarrior
Oct 19th 2008, 09:19 PM

Thank you.

O, I love this question!

The word translated "renown" is "shem" or name. It is translated "name" almost everywhere else in the Bible, except when it is "fame" or "famous".

The Jews of today refer to God as "Hashem" or "The Name".
The word translated garden is "a planting" and here is another place or two where that word appears:

Isa 60:21
21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. KJV

Isa 61:3
3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified. KJV

Equipped_4_Love
Oct 19th 2008, 09:24 PM
You guys have explained the verse so nicely, and I thank you.

I came across a rather bizarre interpretation of this verse....didn't sound too credible. Thanks for all of your synopses.

holyrokker
Oct 20th 2008, 05:06 AM
"And I will provide for them renowned plantations so that they shall no more be consumed with hunger in the land, and no longer suffer the reproach of the nations." (English Standard Version)

This section of Ezekiel is talking about restoring Israel.