PDA

View Full Version : How does the Bible explain deja vu?????

Marc2x
Oct 20th 2008, 12:04 AM
How?I have always wondered about this question.

Equipped_4_Love
Oct 20th 2008, 12:12 AM
To my knowledge, it really doesn't.

I really question the validity of deja vu, anyhow. I've experienced it, but I think it's more a product of imagination.

faroutinmt
Oct 20th 2008, 12:30 AM
I have wondered about this just a little. I have definitely experienced the feeling of deja vu many times in my life.

This is purely my own opinion and speculation: I believe our minds tend to store memories away into file systems. I think our mind's file systems are much like a computer's personal files. Our minds group memories and images into similar folders. For example, whenever I hear a familiar 80's song, I remember exactly where I was living, what grade I was in, and who my friends were during that year.

I think deja vu is, perhaps, our mind seeing some immediate scene, and associating certain images in that scene with like images in our memories. It's not really a scene we have experienced before, but just our minds linking two semi-familiar things together.

Just my thoughts.

Equipped_4_Love
Oct 20th 2008, 12:35 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu

According to wikipedia, deja vu happens when short-term and long-term memory overlap. Either that, or neural misfiring.

Interesting

JesusReignsForever
Oct 20th 2008, 12:38 AM
I would love to find out the answer to this..

Not only have I had deja Vu I also have dreams sometimes of things that havent come true and I was just wondering... Just last night I had a dream my lil sis had a baby girl and I just loved her to death lol. She was the most precious thing ever...lol its funny because I just loved her so much in the dream I cant help but keep loving her although she as of yet dosent exsist. I told my sister who is not even preggo but planning to get married in July 2009 and she said she wants boys but I saw a baby girls last night and she was so precious.:D Although my lil sis told me today that my step sister who I havent talked to in God only knows when is pregnant and due anyday now! Isnt that intresting!

I wonder what shes having!

My heart's Desire
Oct 20th 2008, 02:16 AM
Don't think deja vu is mentioned in the Bible, but I've had it before and well....its just creepy to me!

Chimon
Oct 20th 2008, 08:52 AM
I don't think it's mentioned in the Bible.

When I studied psychology, we learned that deja vu is is probably caused by your sense experience being accidently routed through your memory sectors so that it seems like you are remembering something or recognizing something, when in reality you are just sensing it for the first time.

It's like if Paul wanted to write to their friend Andy, but accidently sent it to their friend Alex. Alex forwarded the letter to Andy, and when Andy first got the letter , he though he had gotten a message from Alex, but in reality, the message was from Paul. In the same way, your think you are remembering an experience because it bounced off your memory sectors, but in reality the information came from your senses, not your memory.

It's like a bug in the operating system of your brain.

Rumely
Oct 20th 2008, 10:40 AM
I thought everyone knew that it was a glitch in the matrix. Which isn't too far from what Chimon said. Verrrry interesting.

Emanate
Oct 20th 2008, 01:09 PM
I thought everyone knew that it was a glitch in the matrix. Which isn't too far from what Chimon said. Verrrry interesting.

aaahhh, I wanted to say it

Dragonfighter1
Oct 20th 2008, 01:13 PM
there are two possibilities.

1./ its prophecy

2./ its your brain misfiring

3./ oh, i already knew I was gonna start writing a third and th......:bounce:

Robert Lindstrom
Oct 20th 2008, 03:26 PM
deja vu is a dream that God gives you and then seals it up until one day He reveals it to you. Then when it is revealed, you feel like you have been there before since everything in your dream happens right in front of you.

Emanate
Oct 20th 2008, 03:59 PM
deja vu is a dream that God gives you and then seals it up until one day He reveals it to you. Then when it is revealed, you feel like you have been there before since everything in your dream happens right in front of you.

In that case, I wish that my deja vu happened at siginificant events rather than walking through a store or cleaning up a yard or something similar.

crawfish
Oct 20th 2008, 06:36 PM
It is incredibly tempting to post this thread a second time. ;):D

markdrums
Oct 20th 2008, 07:09 PM
LOLOLOL!!!
:rofl:

There are some GREAT replies here!

But here's what I think Deja Vu REALLY is....

It's PROOF that God has a sense of humor, and it's for HIS entertainment purposes! (heeehee)
You just KNOW he has to chuckle every time we scratch our heads in bewilderment, & try to figure out what's going on, and what it means. (And there's really no reason for it, other than God is just having some fun.)

OK- Truth is...
I have NO IDEA EITHER!!!

:lol:

Emanate
Oct 20th 2008, 07:32 PM
It is incredibly tempting to post this thread a second time. ;):D

Didn't you already say that?

Dragonfighter1
Oct 20th 2008, 08:09 PM
Didn't you already say that?
I knew you were going to say that:hmm:

crawfish
Oct 20th 2008, 09:04 PM
All threads about deja vu inevitably end this way. :rofl:

Emanate
Oct 20th 2008, 09:56 PM
All threads about deja vu inevitably end this way. :rofl:

Oh? Have you seen this before?

Dragonfighter1
Oct 20th 2008, 11:13 PM
Oh? Have you seen this before?

Hmmmm, What happens when Dejavu meets Alzheimer's? :P

My heart's Desire
Oct 21st 2008, 04:46 AM
In that case, I wish that my deja vu happened at siginificant events rather than walking through a store or cleaning up a yard or something similar.Ditto, I'm always walking down a street or someone comes in the house and I always know what their about to say b/c they've said it before AND they had the same clothes on each time!

Now the question is to how many has it seemed so real that you try to change it? I do.

1of7000
Oct 21st 2008, 06:51 AM
Hmmmm, What happens when Dejavu meets Alzheimer's? :P

"man it seems like i've forgotten this before,ever get that feeling?"

kf4zmt
Oct 22nd 2008, 01:12 PM
It happens when they make a change to the The Matrix. :rofl:

matthew94
Oct 22nd 2008, 01:26 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu

According to wikipedia, deja vu happens when short-term and long-term memory overlap. Either that, or neural misfiring.

Interesting

I think that makes the most sense. A present experience overlaps, moreso than usual, with a past experience, and it's as if the brain is confused for the second as to whether it is processing a memory or live life.

I'd really hesitate to attribute it to any special work of God in our lives since almost all examples of deja vu are over very mundane and seemingly inconsequential activities.