PDA

View Full Version : After you graduate(d)....

CoffeeCat
Oct 20th 2008, 01:14 AM
After you graduate, what do you want to do?

If you HAVE graduated, what have you done?

Just curious. (And nope, it doesn't matter if it's highschool/college you're referring to.)

Here's mine....

- After I graduated from university, I worked for about a year, first doing tech support and then later doing retail. I'd applied for teacher's college, but hadn't gotten in the first time around.... so I figured, oh well, might as well work and save up some money! This year, I reapplied to teacher's college... and didn't get in AGAIN. At that point, I thought "okay, time to just pick another career" and I was halfway through the process of applying for other college courses... journalism and certification to teach ESL.... I was not very happy about it, but I figured I'd make the most of it. Then, one afternoon, I got a call.... a few spots had opened up for teacher's college, so I grabbed one of them... and here I am!

After I'm done here, I want to move to wherever I can find work, basically. I'll gladly teach anything. My fiance and I WERE thinking of a September wedding but I think we're looking at July or August now, just because wedding plans and the beginnings of school years do NOT mix! We'll probably end up moving to one of two bigger cities, depending on his job.

So that's me. What about you folks? What have you done/what are your plans? :)

Revinius
Oct 20th 2008, 02:42 AM
I am going to Bible college if i ever get my degree done (i am not the most patient person around).

Luke34
Oct 20th 2008, 02:57 AM
I went to music school. And after I graduate I will probably go to graduate music school.

Friend of Jesus
Oct 20th 2008, 09:21 AM
After College it's on to Bible College and then to wherever God takes me.

Buzzword
Oct 20th 2008, 02:21 PM
No clue what I want to do after college.

After going to college for three years with no direction, I took a year off, and decided that my degree doesn't HAVE to have a career attached to it.
Employers just look to see if you HAVE a degree (aside from law, medical, etc.)

I figured that being the case, I may as well have fun getting the degree, hence my major in English with a focus on Creative Studies.

Ayala
Oct 21st 2008, 02:46 AM
I was hired as a machinist, 6 months after I graduated. I've been workin like a rented mule since then. Good money, good benefits. My plan is to start working towards my AA next year by taking classes online while continuing to work. Afterwards, I plan to go to Bible College. My problem there is that I want to do Bible College in-person...but in order to do that, I'd have to stop working. So I'm continually pondering this one..

jlmccub2009
Oct 27th 2008, 08:17 PM
After I graduate h.s. this spring, I'm going to Germany for 3 weeks as a part of an exchange program I was a part of, hopefully finding a job before then to raise money for it. ha. Next fall I'll be at Greenville college, possibly working towards a vocal performance major with a music business minor...I have NO idea what I'm going to do with that after school, but I guess I can figure that out later.

sunney4
Oct 27th 2008, 08:26 PM
i umm worked for a couple years at jobs i hated. i am in seminary and now im a youth pastor which i love :) :pp

σяєяυииєя
Oct 27th 2008, 08:40 PM
I am working in the bussines of the Family /publicity/ and a few years ago, graduated from highschool, and now I am studying English twice a week.

Fareyewell

Fore - out

Levin
Nov 1st 2008, 10:23 AM
After I graduate I hope to go to school for 8 more years...Yay!

CoffeeCat
Nov 1st 2008, 02:18 PM
It's great to see what everyone's doing/did. It's funny (as in neat!) how many different things people end up doing with their lives... :)

jenn0889
Nov 1st 2008, 03:20 PM
After I graduate (in how ever many years that would be) from my Undergrad program, I plan to do my graduate degree in Museum Studies, hopefully allowing me to work as a curator. Lets see if that is what God has in store for me :)

pbg423
Nov 1st 2008, 09:55 PM
After I graduate, I'd like work a while in microfinance for a little while and then head off the graduate school and start work on a Ph.d.

I'm not really married to these ideas though. I've learned in the past few years that whatever you plan is most likely not going to happen. :lol:

abidinglife
Nov 3rd 2008, 09:20 AM
i umm worked for a couple years at jobs i hated. i am in seminary and now im a youth pastor which i love :) :pp
Hey that's like my dream job ay..

Hmm, i am in the second to last year of high school. So i'll finish at the end of next year. In New Zealand the school year is a bit different. Hmm, i was thinking going over to USA and work at a summer camp for a year, then come back to New Zealand and do Architecture. Yeah that's my plans.

immortality
Nov 4th 2008, 01:55 AM
i went to community college for a half semester, then stopped going. that would make me a college dropout. therefore from a societal perspective, that would make me "lazy" and "irresponsible". the god of this universe views it much differently however.

after high school, it seems god began to step up his discipline and chastening efforts. he has essentially been destroying my life from then on - destroying things that will not last and replacing them with things that will.

during the time, the discipline did not seem at all pleasant, but rather painful. now, however, i know he was doing me a favor.

difficult times are soon going to come upon this world in unprecedented fashion. therefore, it was his intention to free me from my spiritual lethargy and prompting me to start building my spiritual ark, so that i will be ready for whatever may soon happen - whether it's persecution, famine, general hardships or my time to go home.

my friends, the question is this: are you concerned more about worldly things than spiritual things? are you more concerned about your life than the eternal well-being of your soul?

"The one who finds his life will lose it, and the one who loses his life because of me will find it." - jesus

i am not saying you should stop living life, crawl in a hole and become a hermit. what i'm saying is now is the time to spiritually prepare. the college degrees, fancy jobs and worldly possessions you're currently chasing will very soon prove to be futile.

Cara Lott
Nov 25th 2008, 07:35 PM
Originally I had planned to graduate high school a year early, then take a year off to save money to pay for my first year of college. I want to get my B.S. in elementary education from a Christian college. I graduated early, but haven't had much luck getting a job, so I think I'll probably have to take another year off school. Though the longer I'm out of school the more appealing getting a job, getting married, and having a baby (in that order) is.

SilentThinker
Nov 30th 2008, 09:17 AM
Thanks for your comments. The opinions I got from other people have made me confused about psychology itself.So I wanted some affirmations so that I will not sin against God.

My question was simply is there anything sinful about psychology.But now I understood.

To be truthful,I do not know what to do after college.I am interested in studying human behaviours and I do not know which course to take though if I proceed to study further.

Social Science?
Psychology?

Roza
Dec 3rd 2008, 04:59 AM
After I graduate I am hoping to go to get into a nice grad program for graphic design. Where? I have no clue. I have four years to figure it out :D

Ixthus
Jan 19th 2009, 02:38 AM
I plan to go to Trinity Bible College.

Daughter Kristina
Feb 7th 2009, 02:06 AM
I just came upon this thread and said to myself im going to post ;)
I am a senior in high school and when I graduate i'm going to live in Cali with my Christian mom and go to college to hopefully become a nurse that works with kids and babies. Then in 2012 I will be going to England to live there and hopefully get a job as a nurse there. Love ya all,Kristina :pp

Kades
Feb 7th 2009, 06:35 PM
Thanks for your comments. The opinions I got from other people have made me confused about psychology itself.So I wanted some affirmations so that I will not sin against God.

My question was simply is there anything sinful about psychology.But now I understood.

To be truthful,I do not know what to do after college.I am interested in studying human behaviours and I do not know which course to take though if I proceed to study further.

Social Science?
Psychology?

I actually studied psychology when I was in college. I was fortunate enough to study under some amazing Christian psychologists and counselors who taught me how to integrate the principals of psychology with my faith.

Psychology is a great field of study if you are not sure what you want to do in life! For one thing, it gives you a greater understanding of the people around you. For another, in almost any job you get you will be working with people, so it is easy to show a potential employer how your degree will apply to your job.

amazzin
Feb 7th 2009, 06:38 PM
After you graduate, what do you want to do?

If you HAVE graduated, what have you done?

Just curious. (And nope, it doesn't matter if it's highschool/college you're referring to.)

Here's mine....

- After I graduated from university, I worked for about a year, first doing tech support and then later doing retail. I'd applied for teacher's college, but hadn't gotten in the first time around.... so I figured, oh well, might as well work and save up some money! This year, I reapplied to teacher's college... and didn't get in AGAIN. At that point, I thought "okay, time to just pick another career" and I was halfway through the process of applying for other college courses... journalism and certification to teach ESL.... I was not very happy about it, but I figured I'd make the most of it. Then, one afternoon, I got a call.... a few spots had opened up for teacher's college, so I grabbed one of them... and here I am!

After I'm done here, I want to move to wherever I can find work, basically. I'll gladly teach anything. My fiance and I WERE thinking of a September wedding but I think we're looking at July or August now, just because wedding plans and the beginnings of school years do NOT mix! We'll probably end up moving to one of two bigger cities, depending on his job.

So that's me. What about you folks? What have you done/what are your plans? :)

After I graduated from university on a Military loan, I got engaged and then went into the military as a Medic in Bosnia. I returned 2 years later, having been unconditionally discharged, I got married and went into seminary.

CoffeeCat
Feb 7th 2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks for sharing, everyone. :)

Amazzin, thanks also for sharing. When you quoted my post there, I hadn't read it for a good while..... and it reminded me how sure we so often are of our plans, only to watch them change. Maybe that change is for the better, but sometimes it hurts. I went from engaged when I wrote that post to single now.... and after I'm done teacher's college, I know now that I'm only sure of one thing in terms of my future: I'm on God's good graces. I'm not making definite plans any more about the next 6 months because I need to learn how to lean on God and let Him direct my future rather than assuming I know how it will or should go.

Thank you for the reminder, however inadvertant it might have been.

catholicdude
Feb 8th 2009, 04:55 AM
I am currently a junior in highschool. Originally, I wanted to get a degree in math education, but God has directed me towards theology. After undergrad I'll probably go to grad school and get a Ph.d., hopefully. After that, I think I'll get a job as a professor of theology at some college. Those are my plans for now, but I've already seen them change once, so I'm not setting my heart on anything yet.

Pax,
Zach

iluvyeshua
Feb 28th 2009, 04:06 PM
I find out in April where my whole life will be taking me. I either get accepted into the US Coast Guard Academy or I go to a junior college in the middle of nowhere that I have a crosscountry scholarship for. I've been working hard for the opportunity since my straight A's in elementary and I hope God sees it in His plan for me.

IamRyan
Mar 4th 2009, 04:36 AM
Being a senior in highschool...um can you say major senioritis??? Haha but since I just recently got accepted to the University of Illinois I will be going there. A few of my close friends are going so that should be good. Right now I am majoring in Hospitality Management but if I don't like it I could see myself doing something in Law Enforcment, probably a police officer.

lwfc
Mar 5th 2009, 11:42 AM
I'm only in my first year of a four year course so it'll be a while until I graduate, but when I do I hope to get a job at one of the big 4 accounting firms and train to be a chartered accountant. That'll probably be difficult though, but hopefully we'll be coming out of recession in 2012 when I finish my degree.