PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Giving up

Teacup
Oct 20th 2008, 02:13 PM
As I have posted on here recently, I will be out of job in a couple of months. I have done all that I can do to find another one. I have had no luck. What I do not understand, is that I am a faithful follower. I read my bible, I hold tight to scriptures. And, I am a dedicated and hard hard worker. But, people who are not believers and who never dedicated themselves like me, are getting offers and jobs left and right. Some of these people are downright evil. I keep talking with God and praising and thanking. I love Him so much, but I do not see a light. My faith in Him is really being tested. Please, help me.:giveup:

CoffeeCat
Oct 20th 2008, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the situation you're in. I'm praying for you! :hug:

JesusReignsForever
Oct 20th 2008, 02:58 PM
Dismiss that spirit that is making you feel as if God isnt going to come thru. God knows exactly what you need and it is on the way in God's time not ours. Keep the faith.

GOD IS FAITHFUL!

Deuteronomy 7:9 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=5&chapter=7&verse=9&version=9&context=verse)
Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

1 Corinthians 1:9 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=53&chapter=1&verse=9&version=9&context=verse)
God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord

1 Corinthians 10:13 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=53&chapter=10&verse=13&version=9&context=verse)
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Matt. 6: 25-32

25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Dragonfighter1
Oct 20th 2008, 03:05 PM
As I have posted on here recently, I will be out of job in a couple of months. I have done all that I can do to find another one. I have had no luck. What I do not understand, is that I am a faithful follower. I read my bible, I hold tight to scriptures. And, I am a dedicated and hard hard worker. But, people who are not believers and who never dedicated themselves like me, are getting offers and jobs left and right. Some of these people are downright evil. I keep talking with God and praising and thanking. I love Him so much, but I do not see a light. My faith in Him is really being tested. Please, help me.:giveup:
Teacup... I dont know who you are but I care!

I have been in the pinch you are in since October of 2006! I am waiting for a phone call as I type to find out if I got the latest job I applied for. Let me tell you so you understand.. I really do know how you feel. I have cried into my pillow, I have been all, and I mean ALL alone, I have wondered where God was and why he did it to me (He didn't the devil did). I still have my doubts. I thought this time last year I would end up either in a loony bin, or on the street (Thank God I sold the handgun). That as a result I would forever lose my children and their love too. I cried and cried and cried and cried and.... etc..

Don't quit, don't give up. "Failure is not an option". Make that your refrain. Stay the course in prayer... when the Devil realizes he can't break you, or when God (as with Job) calls an end to the Devils efforts to disprove you. Then the blessings will return MULTI-FOLD.

May I suggest you find a friend of the same sex you can trust and pour your heart out to him in private. By phone if necessary. But find one who will listen rather than interupt and talk back in ignorance of the pain you are in.

DON'T QUIT WE CARE!:thumbsup:

Evangelist Smith
Oct 20th 2008, 04:19 PM
I too can feel your pain and desperation and please know that God does not miss a thing, He knows and He is there for you and will make a way for you ..Now I do not know what way He will make but He will see that you are fed and sheltered and other things that you ttruly stand in need of..

My oldest daughter who is a Christian also was laid off from her job in Nov.of 07

She has so many degrees in various areas that one would think she would be able to get a job quickly but she hasnt

this has been almost one year and she is still putting out resume's and doing her best to keep her home and car plus put food on the table and pay utilities

Before she was laid off the Lord impressed upon her heart to start searching for something else

she did, studied for that , and is now a licensed employee of AFLAC

But that does not meet much of her needs , because one has to build up their customers

that takes time

but since then the Lord has made a way

now in Nov as it stands now she will not have th emoney to make her house payment, car payment or much of anything else

and like you her faith is being tested

because the Lord will test those who are His

now knowing that she will not have money for all of these needs does frighten me at times

and I have prayed and prayed and prayed

yet no answer as of yet about any thing coming in that will secure her being able to pay all that she needs to pay and provide for herself and two sons

and I tell her just dont give up, just keep hanging in there until God answers...I will go and pray for you now and continue to do so along with the others here as God leads

God bless you sis
Evang.dare

Teacup
Oct 20th 2008, 04:31 PM
I sent a prayer up for you. I hope that you get the job. I just do not understand any of this. I just feel torment and feel abandoned. His silence is killing me.

Teacup
Oct 20th 2008, 04:33 PM
Prayers to all my new friends on here.

Dragonfighter1
Oct 20th 2008, 04:45 PM
I sent a prayer up for you. I hope that you get the job. I just do not understand any of this. I just feel torment and feel abandoned. His silence is killing me.

he is there and he is not silent.

God uses "love with skin on" to communicate. We are Gods instruments to comfort you. Make yourself more available to Skin covered servants of God, surround your self with them, ask, talk and meet with them. That is a primary purpose of church meetings. Not just to worship but to fellowship!

Many quote Heb 10:25 for a reason to attend church, but that misses out on the preceding verse which will certainly bring you much more comfort.. oh, and by the way... these boards ARE A FORM OF CHURCH.

Heb 10:24-25.
24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

God Bless

karenoka27
Oct 20th 2008, 06:01 PM

Father, Thank You that we can come boldly before Your Throne. Thank You that You hear us when we call upon You. Thank You for caring so much for every detail in our lives.
Lord, please lead Teacup to a job. Father, more than that, fill her heart with peace as she waits on You. Lord let us all be reminded that You provide for our daily needs and You have told us not to worry about tomorrow.
Thank You Lord for protecting Teacup from being caught up in the world alongside those who taking what they can from this evil world and never finding satisfaction. Lord may Teacup find her peace only in You.
May Teacup's faith be strengthened as she waits on You.
In Jesus Name...Amen

Redneck Charger
Oct 21st 2008, 12:30 AM
Teacup..do not loose your faith..and keep praying.. :hug:Jesus Please help Teacup find that job he needs so badly..:pray::pray::pray::pray:

IMINXTC
Oct 21st 2008, 02:05 AM
Praying for a good job for you, knowing that our Lord's plan for you surpasses anything in this temporal world.

livingwaters
Oct 21st 2008, 03:43 AM
Alright now....Let's put on the "whole armour of God," not just a piece here and their!!Amen!!! Ok, we all go through trials and tribulations, and I'm sure praying for you in yours; however, you better let the devil know who's in charge of your life...it ain't you, it ain't him, but it's the Almighty God!!! Yep, the same one who parted the red sea, the same one who raised the dead, the same one who kicked satan's behind out of Heaven...;)Glory to God. Now, if HE did and continues to do these kind of miracles, don't you think HE will get you the job you deserve?!!!!! I know my God!!! HE has tested my patience, at times, but you know what, for what HE provided to me and you(JESUS' BLOOD ON THE CROSS), I could never, ever, think HE is not on the job!!!!:pp:pp

So, you put on the Word in music, on tv, on the pc, in the car, read the Word, pray like there's no tomorrow, cause there might not be, and know that we serve an awesome God....yes, we do...thank you Father for always keeping watch over us, never slumbering, but constantly watching out for our welfare. Glory to your mighty NAME, JEHOVAH!!!:pp

Buckeye Doug
Oct 21st 2008, 06:52 AM
Teacup,

Be strong in the Lord.
He is never early and never late.
He will see you through.

Praying for you.

God bless. :)

Evangelist Smith
Oct 21st 2008, 12:05 PM
I have been sitting her after reading your post once again and quietly praying for you and when I had finished the Lord impressed upon my heart these scriptures

Fear thou not, for I AM with thee
be not dismayed for I AM thy God
I will strengthen thee
yea I will help thee
yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness

For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand saying unto thee
I will help thee

God bless you sis and hang in there
the Lord is with you and for you sis

keep the faith and press on there is a better day coming
Let us hope in the Lord

In His Service,
Evang.dare

Teacup
Oct 24th 2008, 06:08 PM
Well, I have not had anybody call for an interview. I have my resume out there. My dream job has had 2300 applications submitted. Could there be a miracle for me? I cannot see anything happen, but God is with me. I have to believe in Him. Please, keep praying. And, keep feeding me scripture.

RevivedGirl0216
Oct 24th 2008, 08:21 PM
Psalms 55:22 - Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.

A blessing's coming your way...just trust...believe...He doesn't lie...He will never leave you nor forsake, though it may seem that way...Sway if you must, but stay rooted....He's not going to let you fall...take His hand...He will rise you...

Lord, I pray that you give Teacup strength and comfort through this...In Jesus Name. AMen,
Stay strong in love...

jsph110
Oct 24th 2008, 10:59 PM
Dismiss that spirit that is making you feel as if God isnt going to come thru. God knows exactly what you need and it is on the way in God's time not ours. Keep the faith.

GOD IS FAITHFUL!

Deuteronomy 7:9 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=5&chapter=7&verse=9&version=9&context=verse)
Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

1 Corinthians 1:9 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=53&chapter=1&verse=9&version=9&context=verse)
God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord

1 Corinthians 10:13 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=53&chapter=10&verse=13&version=9&context=verse)
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Matt. 6: 25-32

25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Quote these scriptures over and over whenever you find yourself doubting. Don't worry when you see the wicked prospering, david said.
and Yes its a test. you are being tested. av been there. quote/claim the scriptures. say out loud that The Lord shall supply for all your needs in abundance according to His riches in glory.

You will one day look back at this and laugh after you grow spiritually past these issues.

Frances
Oct 25th 2008, 03:39 PM
:pray:..........................................

Teacup
Oct 26th 2008, 12:36 PM
So, can this trial in my life be a test from God?

IMINXTC
Oct 26th 2008, 01:31 PM
Keeping you in prayer and looking for a miracle for you.:)

Teacup
Nov 5th 2008, 05:04 PM
I am really having a bad day. My faith is wavering. And, nothing is helping me. My store will officially close in 4-6 weeks. It has been so hard going to work. The customers coming into the store are not regular customers. They are people we have never seen before, looking for nothing but deals. They are rude, cold-hearted and messy. They are like vultures. Let me tell you what my life is right now putting up with them, and trying to find a job in this tight market and small town.

Imagine that you will be losing your home that you love. However, you cannot leave, because you cannot find another place to live. People come into your house, take your possessions, make a mess, and treat you very badly. That is what this is like.

I cannot find any comfort in God right now. I love Him, but I really feel abandoned. I am a wreck, and my wonderful mother (who does not live with me) is a wreck. She is 74 and trying to get a job to help with MY bills. Do you know what that feels like?

I have really worked hard on a relationship with God. However, no matter what anybody tells me or what I read, I do not feel the Holy Spirit. And, I am beginning to wonder if people make it up who say that they do. You are supposed to ask for wisdom, and He will give it. NOTHING! I feel nothing but confusion, darkness. I am so grateful that I will one day be with God in Heaven. There cannot be anything better. But, I am on earth now. And, I need His help. I feel like all scriptures that I read pertain to when I die.

I am in a really bad way right now.

ConqueredbyLove
Nov 5th 2008, 07:02 PM
I am really having a bad day. My faith is wavering. And, nothing is helping me. My store will officially close in 4-6 weeks. It has been so hard going to work. The customers coming into the store are not regular customers. They are people we have never seen before, looking for nothing but deals. They are rude, cold-hearted and messy. They are like vultures. Let me tell you what my life is right now putting up with them, and trying to find a job in this tight market and small town.

Imagine that you will be losing your home that you love. However, you cannot leave, because you cannot find another place to live. People come into your house, take your possessions, make a mess, and treat you very badly. That is what this is like.

I cannot find any comfort in God right now. I love Him, but I really feel abandoned. I am a wreck, and my wonderful mother (who does not live with me) is a wreck. She is 74 and trying to get a job to help with MY bills. Do you know what that feels like?

I have really worked hard on a relationship with God. However, no matter what anybody tells me or what I read, I do not feel the Holy Spirit. And, I am beginning to wonder if people make it up who say that they do. You are supposed to ask for wisdom, and He will give it. NOTHING! I feel nothing but confusion, darkness. I am so grateful that I will one day be with God in Heaven. There cannot be anything better. But, I am on earth now. And, I need His help. I feel like all scriptures that I read pertain to when I die.

(((Teacup)))

I am praying for you during this dark night of the soul. Believe me, I know only too well how horrible and dark it can be.

Know that it is normal for you not to feel the Holy Spirit during these times and you are not alone in these feelings. But you are not alone through this! He has not left you!

I guess I cannot say much here because it is a prayer thread.

I pray, I hurt for you :cry:

Never give up!!! Never give up, dear heart!!! He has not given up on you...

steelerbabe
Nov 5th 2008, 07:44 PM
My heart goes out to you and I am praying for you as I type:pray: The last year has been one trial after another for my family. I understand that feeling of hopelessness and fear. I even said out loud, why does God want us to be homeless and destitute. I was ready to throw my hands up and quit. I held on by a thread and my husband found a good job 2 months ago:pp God is faithful even if it looks otherwise in the natural. PLease feel free to p.m. if you need to vent or need encouragement. Another thing that you can count on is others preaching about being prudent with money. These are the ones who have never lost a job and have no idea how hard it is when something happens through no fault of your own. Nothing like being in debt up to your eyeballs because of medical misfortunes or other life curve balls. Hang in there and I do care about you:hug:

Partaker of Christ
Nov 5th 2008, 08:35 PM

Hi Teacup!

Back in 2005/2006 I had a small business. I was not only responsible for my own income, but also for 3 others who worked for me. Two of them were married and had children.

Things got very bad, and I ended up taking out a loan to help keep afloat and pay wages.
Like you, I honestly could not see light.
Eventually I had to close the business. I also went to the bank and close all my debit agreements, to avoid bank charges.
One of the guy's I employed left before I closed, and another managed to get another job. That was some great relief to me.

I was in a position were I was owing money and had no income. I was at a point of bankruptcy and in danger of loosing my home. During all this time, my wife who was ill with severe depression, was unaware of exactly what was going on. I was totally knotted up inside, not for myself, but for my wife. I was still tied to a lease on one premises, and I had to honour that lease.

For me, I think the whole experience drew me closer to God.
Poverty was nothing new to me, as I grew up with poverty.

The question in my heart was, that if I had nothing else but Him, would I be content?
I think with a true heart, I could say the answer was 'yes', though perhaps before this experience, I would not know that answer.
My concerns were for my wife, and my other responsibilities, and I saw that I had to put them in His hands, trust Him and leave them with Him.

I gathered what little stock I had left, and started a new small business on a market stall. One of the guys (a pensioner) who worked for me before helped me out, so that I could still spend some time with my wife.

Nearly three years ago now. Slowly getting out of the debt I owed. I don't have money to spare, but every time I have need for extra, the Lord without fail wonderfully provides for it.

Pro 30:7 Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:
Pro 30:8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
Pro 30:9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

WalkingInFaith
Nov 5th 2008, 09:30 PM
Teacup, my prayers are with you and all things surrounding you. I do understand how helpless you feel as I've lost everything before, and even now my business is doing maybe 50% of what it use to do with this economy being so bad. My prayer is that God will renew your spirit. When my faith falters, it's as if God touches my shoulder and reminds me that He is always with me. I give it to God, and have faith that He carry me and my burden. He always shows me the way through the dark path. Each time I almost give up, I step back and give it to God. May you feel God's hand on your shoulder.

Teacup
Nov 6th 2008, 11:33 PM
Praise our God!!!! Thank you so much for your prayers. I woke up this morning, feeling just as bad as yesterday. I then did a search on the internet about trials and giving thanks. I came across an article that my store closing is God's will. And, I should give thanks anyway. Well, I did. I felt an immediate tingling in my heart. Well, today, a recruiter called me about a job I have been trying to get for 11 years. I have a phone interview on November 14. AND, another recruiter emailed me and is interested in me, also. AND, my mother's friend is a retail manager and is interested in me. I am so full of joy. God is moving in my life. I love Him and I love you all. Thank you LORD!!!!

ConqueredbyLove
Nov 6th 2008, 11:38 PM
Praise our God!!!! Thank you so much for your prayers. I woke up this morning, feeling just as bad as yesterday. I then did a search on the internet about trials and giving thanks. I came across an article that my store closing is God's will. And, I should give thanks anyway. Well, I did. I felt an immediate tingling in my heart. Well, today, a recruiter called me about a job I have been trying to get for 11 years. I have a phone interview on November 14. AND, another recruiter emailed me and is interested in me, also. AND, my mother's friend is a retail manager and is interested in me. I am so full of joy. God is moving in my life. I love Him and I love you all. Thank you LORD!!!!

Well, we just adore you :hug: :kiss: :hug: and we are just going to keep praying and let us know what happens, OK :)

This is such good news, dear heart :pp

Colo25
Nov 6th 2008, 11:45 PM
Teacup, I was going to respond to your pleas for prayer but now I am just going to join you in praise! :pp Praise God for your job offers the last day or two, and Praise God for answering your prayers! I pray for you that you get one of the jobs you desire, and that job will be full of prosperity, and welcoming co-workers! Praise God, he is and awesome God indeed! :pray:
ysic,
Colo

Teacup
Nov 16th 2008, 12:10 AM
I had my telephone interview on Friday. It is for a job I have been trying to get for 12 years. It went very well. And, he passed my information to the district manager. However, I am scared to death for the second interview. The first interviewer said it is a very stressful interview. And, I am really scared about a credit check. My credit is horrible because of sin. But, I have been digging my way out and I am never late. But, my work history is flawless and my references are positive. My other dream job will begin interviewing in two weeks. It is the one where 2100 or so applications were received. I would love the first, but the second would finally get me out of retail. Thank you for your prayers and keep them coming.

steelerbabe
Nov 16th 2008, 04:08 AM
What wonderful news:D Everything is in God's time, not ours and he never seems to be in a hurry;) Will be praying for favor on the job interviews and please let us know. I am so happy for you and praise God.

livingwaters
Nov 16th 2008, 04:09 AM
Patience is our greatest test, I believe!!! Thank the Lord you held on....see what HE can do!!!!???!!! HIS Word says that HE will supply all of our needs!!!! Glory to God....Praising HIM with you!!!!!:pp:pp:pp:spin::spin:

IMINXTC
Nov 16th 2008, 06:24 AM
Continuing to lift you up to the Lord for this and other job interviews. Trusting that, in the end, things will be even better than you might have anticipated. Now praying!

brant
Nov 17th 2008, 05:00 PM
dude i'm in the same boat as you are as far as finding a job goes. i keep running into dead ends every way i turn. but dont lose your faith. even though im having a tough time getting a job, i can see that God is at work all around me in many different ways in other areas of my life. instead of seeing where God is not, try seeing where He is. i gaurantee when you see where God is working in your life, it will strengthen your faith and bring you much joy. dont give up. keep the faith. be strong. im praying for you and i know God answers prayers.

Teacup
Nov 23rd 2008, 09:31 PM
Just sent a prayer up for you, also. And, I pray for all of those in the same situation. I have not heard anything back yet. I am starting to get scared again. My store will be only open for another 4 weeks. And, unemployment will not cover my expenses. I just do not know what I am going to do. Yesterday, I started to get resentful and envious over co-workers who did not work as hard as I did getting unbelievable jobs with such ease. These people are not Christians. It felt like a slap in the face. I know that being a Christian does not guarantee an easy life. But, my dependence on God is all that I have and want. I prayed for God to help me with these sinful feelings that I am having. I know that it is wrong. I want to wish them well, but I have always worked hard, and I do not understand how and why things work the way that they do. I have to pray for patience. I keep thanking God that He will bring me my dream job.

Teacup
Dec 22nd 2008, 11:06 PM
My 20 co-workers and my last day of work was on Sunday. I have an interview on Tuesday for a great job. I need prayers from my friends on here. I am qualified, but my credit may hinder. I need this job so badly. And, I can be in a position to help my former co-workers. I know God is working, because I do feel at rest. Please, pray for me. God Bless

IMINXTC
Dec 23rd 2008, 12:50 AM
Lifting you up for this promising job interview.

Colo25
Dec 23rd 2008, 05:32 AM
Lifting you and your concerns before the Lord right now! Tis good news on the job front!:pp Keep us posted!

MissTissa77
Dec 23rd 2008, 08:14 PM
Don't give up! Keep praising, worshiping, and praying to Him thru all of this, you WILL see your miracle! I am praying for you!

Kings Daughter
Dec 24th 2008, 06:45 AM
Dear Teacup

I know what you are going through, but trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

About a year ago my faith in God really got tested, just like you I was out of a job, I didnt know how I was going to pay my rent, buy food or do anything else. And would cry almost everyday and ask God why??? How is it that other people get jobs and I dont, im faithful and I love Him, but why am I not getting a job. Everyday I would wake up and send my resume out, but no bites, the more that happened the more depressed I became. Finally one day the Spirit of the Lord spoke to my heart and said to me, praise Him in the storm. So everyday I would wake up and praise Him and confess His promises in my life. I would declare His word into my life, everytime the enemy started to speak doubt into my mind, I would bring the blood of Jesus against it.

Everyday month end when I had to pay the rent, the enemy would start to stress me, but I belived in God and His promises. Believe me I dont know how but my rent would always got paid and whatever food we had in our house from the day I stopped working never ran dry. (Gods children will never be seen begging bread). It went on like this for about a year, I sometimes never knew if I was coming or going. Finally this year Febuary I got a call from my current employee to come for an inteview, (mind you I totally forgot I sent my resume to this company months ago and this is my dream job), I went for the inteview (it lasted 15minutes and I got the job). And on top of that I have not paid for about 90% of my appliances and furniture, people find favour and give it to me (I am blessed abundantly and SO ARE U). The same Spirit that lives in me is the same Spirit that lives in you!

What Im trying to say in all of this is that God sometimes uses circumstances to strenghten our faith. Job or no job God is still God. Im not minimaliszing what you are going through but instead of worrying ask God what is it that He wants you to learn in all of this. I believe He will come through for you, when you least expect it.

He knows the desires of your heart, so just trust Him.

I speak the peace of the Lord Jesus into your mind right now (The Lord says the peace He gives you, the peace He has left with you)

I will be praying for you.......

Teacup
Jan 2nd 2009, 09:34 PM
Thank you all and thank you, Kings Daughter. That has encouraged me. The job interview did not go as hoped. It began very promising, but it ended so strangely. It was like something interferred with the final outcame. I cannot explain it. So, I am still hoping and praying. I have a telephone interview next week with the competitor of the company that I worked for that just closed. My heart is not in retail anymore. But, I need a good-paying job. And, I would treat this job like gold. My dream job, though, is a position I applied for with the government. I can actually see myself going to work and feeling so proud and working so hard. The competition for jobs is so high. Yes, I have been asking God lately what He wants me to learn/change. I know where I have been lacking. And, I really want to change. I just do not know what to do anymore.

I feel like I do not praise, pray, or worship enough. Then, I feel like I am only doing these things to get a job. But, I know in my heart that I love Him. And, I want His will. And, I want Him to use me how He wants. And, want to be able to help others. I get so confused. I get angry with God at times. But, then I come back and tell Him how sorry I am, and how much I love Him.

Can anybody tell me what it really means to wait on the Lord? Jobs just won't come to me out of the blue. But, how do you wait? And, how do you know where to apply where God wants me to apply for a job? My resources are drying up. Thank you and God Bless

Kings Daughter
Jan 7th 2009, 07:12 AM
Hi Teacup

All Glory, Honour and Praise to God

My belief on waiting on God is a time when we have to really seek Him.
Just talk to God and tell Him you want to get to know Him more, tell Him whats in your heart, be real with Him. The Psalms are a good place to start knowing your Creator. The Word of God says to seek first the Kingdom of God and everything else shall be added onto you. Pray and listen for God's still small voice for instruction(1 Kings 19:1-12).

Have you tried sending your resume to friends to forward to their human resources departments in their companies?
Try sending your resume to the classifieds section for jobs in your local paper...Even if the you dont have the exact required criteria for a specific job, send your resume anyway....God does not called the qualified, He qualifies the called...
Dont give up hope.....
His perfect will in your life shall come to pass in Jesus name!

miepie
Jan 7th 2009, 07:43 AM
Teacup, I don't know if you know it yet, but we have a Ministers Team here on the site, that can help you with your questions...... just start a thread in Chat to the Ministry Team (under Chat to the Moderators) and they will be with you soon..... :hug:

Or you can pm me..... I'd love to help you too...... :hug:

Love you,
Mieke :kiss:

PMW
Jan 13th 2009, 04:46 AM
You are in my prayers.
PMW

Adarian
Jan 23rd 2009, 07:26 AM
Hey Teacup,
I also have an issue of testing before me, but the Lord continually impresses upon me the demand for faith, as in the faith of David, and the prayer life of Daniel.

Personally, I hate submitting resumes and applications for work. I like to look over the company I would like to go to work for, and go on the offense. Almost every other person in competition for the job in question will do the resume/app thing, but I like to find out who does the hiring, book an appointment and go to speak with the decision maker face to face. Since the age of eighteen, I have never landed a job any other way. If I cannot get in to see the right person because of "procedure", that company becomes a write off as a prospect to me. I have tried the resume thing in the past and because of a lack of fruit therein, I rejected the approach in its entirety. A resume is something I submit after I have the job. Now, understandably, this is a very strong approach, but if you research the company and the job you desire beforehand, when you get in front of the person hiring, you stand out head and shoulders above nearly all other applicants. Give it a try, after deep prayer: Kick the ball hard.
Carry five smooth stones.

The Lord be with you.