PDA

View Full Version : sin getting out of control

wrldstrman
Oct 21st 2008, 07:15 AM
Has sin gotton really out of control within the last few years. We are taught to walk as Jesus did, and Jesus said repeatedly that if you are living as he did the world will hate you because it hated him first. But here lately it seems like people have taken sinning up a notch. Im not just talking about killing, stealing, adultry, Im talking about just being nice. I drive down the interstate daily to work and not a trip passes I dont run into someone that does something mean. It just seems like no ones happy anymore. People seem to think their owed everything and dont want to work for anything. Your made fun of if your fat, skinny, musclar, blonde, rich, poor,mean, kind. Its seems like the only way people feel good anymore is if there putting down someone else. And its not limited to people outside the church. People in the church get mad if someone sits where they normally do, If they didnt get the solo, service ran over a little bit. People mubble the hyms afraid of what others will think or their singing. We have made a mockery of marriage, absentance, kindness. Anymore kids that have both parents at home are the different ones. Yes there are still people who do nice things but overall it seems like sin has run wild. We want everyone to live a long life but our old folk homes are full of people that have been forgotton about.

We can send billions of dollars all over the world but will let a widow go without heat if she cant pay her bill. These are just a few very few examples of today. Im sure we break the Lords heart on a daily basias. We have pretty much made everything thing that was called evil good and everything called good evil. Even in these forums people want to keep making thread after thread trying to make everyone except sinful things as acceptable. Until the Lord returns sin will always be here, but it just seems like at least to me its at a whole new level. Im sure someone will say well its been bad since time began. But it seems like today many,many things that are sinful are looked at as acceptable behavoir even by Christians. I didnt post this because I think of myself better than anyone. I sin just as much as everyone else. The big difference of today is it seems when we sin we try and reason away why we did it, instead of just flat out admitting we sinned. I dont want to go on and on. I guess Im just really sad at what Im seeing our country become..For Jesus to do all he did for us miserable sinners is just un understandable to my tiny mind. I would hope everyone is praying for the Lord to return and put a end to sin forever

wombat
Oct 21st 2008, 01:24 PM
Has sin gotton really out of control within the last few years. We are taught to walk as Jesus did, and Jesus said repeatedly that if you are living as he did the world will hate you because it hated him first. But here lately it seems like people have taken sinning up a notch. I would hope everyone is praying for the Lord to return and put a end to sin forever

Yes, Wrldstrman, I agree that sin has taken a dramatic increase in these last few years. I've seen a number of decades in my life, and so I can say from experience that I have never seen a time in which sin seems to be so very "in your face" every moment of the day. Sexual content is all over the TV, radio, even mall shop displays. I try to watch the TV news now and then and my ears and eyes have to shut it off because even the advertisements are filled with "teasers" for the evening's sexy shows. It disturbs me greatly too to see how lying and cheating are such an acceptable practice in these times. And there seems to be a terrible rebellion brewing against all things that the Word of God teaches, and against those of us who love God's Word. I believe that all of this is a signal to us that Jesus will be returning soon, and I am one who is praying for Him to get here fast and put an end to sin forever.

Forgiven Alaskan
Oct 21st 2008, 05:29 PM
I think it is very bad. And no, I doubt it will ever get as bad again as public sex in church and the streets (in the roman days), but all sin is sin to God. Apathy seems to be a big problem, and it's infiltrating the church and that's a big deal. Compromising in the church is big. Did you know like 62% of "CHristians" believe there is more than one way (Jesus) to get to Heaven? I doubt it was that bad in the early church. Satan has taken a different approach in this day and age, the sin of the world has slowly seeped into the church and become acceptable.

JesusReignsForever
Oct 21st 2008, 05:48 PM
in my opinion Sin had BEEN out of control!

Kudo Shinichi
Oct 27th 2008, 02:52 PM
What to do...have to wait this end soon...:pray:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Wrldstrman, I agree that sin has taken a dramatic increase in these last few years. I've seen a number of decades in my life, and so I can say from experience that I have never seen a time in which sin seems to be so very "in your face" every moment of the day. Sexual content is all over the TV, radio, even mall shop displays. I try to watch the TV news now and then and my ears and eyes have to shut it off because even the advertisements are filled with "teasers" for the evening's sexy shows. It disturbs me greatly too to see how lying and cheating are such an acceptable practice in these times. And there seems to be a terrible rebellion brewing against all things that the Word of God teaches, and against those of us who love God's Word. I believe that all of this is a signal to us that Jesus will be returning soon, and I am one who is praying for Him to get here fast and put an end to sin forever.

SeekingWisdom
Oct 30th 2008, 05:42 PM
I drive down the interstate daily to work and not a trip passes I dont run into someone that does something mean. It just seems like no ones happy anymore. People seem to think their owed everything and dont want to work for anything. Your made fun of if your fat, skinny, musclar, blonde, rich, poor,mean, kind. Its seems like the only way people feel good anymore is if there putting down someone else. And its not limited to people outside the church.

You are so right.

Matthew 24:12 is here.

moonglow
Oct 30th 2008, 05:56 PM
Not if you compare it to the past...no its not.

Trying to judge it by our short life time doesn't give us an accurate view of things. I did this post using historical information of how things were in the disciples time:

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=144201
Is sin really worse now then in the disciples time?

God bless