PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have and actually make money

Oregongrown
Oct 21st 2008, 03:23 PM
from an inhome business? I have what it takes, smarts, time and a great computer. Please, I only want to hear of folks that know firsthand about making atleast 700 per month(I know you have to work up to that). I see all the "stuff" online but most is a dead-end. I don't want to sell to friends or family so nothing like that please. I have zero dollars to get started in something so it would have to be "no buy in". I would love to work for a christian org. I have no idea of what to even look for online:( I just know that God must have something I can do to make extra dollars.

God bless, your sister in Christ, denise

Bayrat
Oct 26th 2008, 10:14 PM
A person that I know was selling antiques on ebay making $600 a week without trying but gave it up due to the time constraints of working a full time job as well.

σяєяυииєя
Oct 29th 2008, 03:25 AM
Hi Oregon,

Take a look below is a bunch of things one can do online to get some extra:

Below is a list of jobs you can do at home online:

Sell on eBay and other Online Auctions

Create a Theme Based Website

Provide Coupons, Bargains, Discounts, and Freebie Information Online

Start Your Own Online Business Selling eBooks

Work at Home Web Designer

Freelance Graphic Designer

Sell Your Arts and Crafts Online

Online Tutoring

Ezine and eNewsletter Publishing

Custom Online Baby Announcements

Desktop Publishing

Executive Recruiter

Family History Research Service

Internet Marketing Service

Internet Researcher

Internet Training

Resume Writing Service

Translation Service

Travel and Vacation Service

Virtual Assistant

Source click here (http://www.at-homeworks.com/online_jobs.htm)

Hope you find one soon

God bless

bdh
Oct 29th 2008, 07:05 AM
Please, I only want to hear of folks that know firsthand about making atleast 700 per monthYes, it can be done and many people do. The first and most important "no-no" I'd say is do NOT try to do it with affiliate programs. There are tens of thousands of these things and IMO, they are all a bust. (I look at it this way -- if a company is doing well, they don't need a bunch of "Tupperware salesman" to make their product sell. They do it themselves).

We host thousands of websites for Christians and many of them are owner-run businesses. Been doing this for over 10 years and I've seen who fades and who stays.

Here's what does NOT work:

Affiliate sites, sites that compete with established business (like eBay)

Here's what DOES work: Niche business sites.

Some examples of 100% online only businesses:

June is selling hand crafted blankets.
Frank (in South Africa) is selling wire toys made by hand. He employs 5 workers who are skilled at this.
Zaine (also South Africa), exports Ostrich feathers.
David is a machinist who lives in Alaska. He makes special parts to order for people all over the world.
Oscar is a blind painter. He sells his paintings.
We have several people running guest homes.
Several do web design and web graphics and programming.
Alex does something very interesting -- he has some funky software that allows you to upload a picture and manipulate it to add logos, text and all kinds of other things.
"Cat" is a Chinese lady who translates stuff for lawyers.
Jerry imports and exports diamonds.
There are many more.

All of these people run $100,000+ / year businesses and all of them are online only. Most don't even have offices or a phone number.

Now here's the important part: They all understand one basic thing. If you want to have a successful internet business, it will not grow itself and it will not advertise itself. What continues to blow my mind is that people start websites, spend a few hours on it and then expect to become the next Bill Gates.

If you ran a dry cleaner, or a shop that sells french fries or jewelery, you would not put it in the basement of some building, lock the doors and then wonder why no one ever came to buy something ... of course you wouldn't. But, amazing as that sounds, that is exactly what people do with online business. They think that just because they own a "dot-com", they will automatically become millionaires.

If you are serious about a web business, you need to read this and digest it - http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?p=558002#post558002 - because I know without a shadow of doubt when a website owner has this level of commitment can they expect results. Anything less will fail.

Oregongrown
Oct 31st 2008, 04:23 PM
A person that I know was selling antiques on ebay making $600 a week without trying but gave it up due to the time constraints of working a full time job as well.
thank you so much for the reply. I am going to list something today and get started. The only way I will find out if it will fly is to try it. All I've done so far is "think" about it. It's time to take action now:) God bless, denise:)

Oregongrown
Oct 31st 2008, 04:26 PM
Hi Oregon,

Take a look below is a bunch of things one can do online to get some extra:

Below is a list of jobs you can do at home online:

Sell on eBay and other Online Auctions

Create a Theme Based Website

Provide Coupons, Bargains, Discounts, and Freebie Information Online

Start Your Own Online Business Selling eBooks

Work at Home Web Designer

Freelance Graphic Designer

Sell Your Arts and Crafts Online

Online Tutoring

Ezine and eNewsletter Publishing

Custom Online Baby Announcements

Desktop Publishing

Executive Recruiter

Family History Research Service

Internet Marketing Service

Internet Researcher

Internet Training

Resume Writing Service

Translation Service

Travel and Vacation Service

Virtual Assistant

Source click here (http://www.at-homeworks.com/online_jobs.htm)

Hope you find one soon

God bless Can't thank you enough for all the helpful info! I am going to go with online "selling" right now. Just to try out Ebay and possibly Craigslist. I have some things to list just to try it out:) God bless and I will check out as many of these things in your list as possible!! your sister in Christ, denise

σяєяυииєя
Oct 31st 2008, 06:57 PM
You are welcome Denise,

Thats why we are here for :]

And Hope you will find that one more suitable for ya...

See ya around...

swarr
Nov 18th 2008, 04:23 PM
thank you so much for the reply. I am going to list something today and get started. The only way I will find out if it will fly is to try it. All I've done so far is "think" about it. It's time to take action now:) God bless, denise:)

So how has it worked out?

nbeeeks
Dec 10th 2008, 11:12 PM
wish you the very best!! this is my first reply just joined