PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for this old widow.

daughter
Oct 21st 2008, 07:24 PM
I really want you to pray for an old widow, who deeply misses her husband, who has been dead several years. Just to let you know, twenty years ago, I absolutely loathed this woman, because she came across as so judgemental and busy body, and various things she did really did directly hurt people in my family, and community.

I've just spoken to someone who knows a mutual friend, who attended a benefit dinner with this poor old woman. This lady's husband has been dead several years. At the dinner the old lady refused to start eating, and kept looking about anxiously. "I don't want to start yet, Dennis will be here soon." (Dennis was her husband.) Then, after a little while, the old lady went quiet, and dignified, and covered her face. "It's okay, I've remembered," she said, realising again that her husband had died. She picked at her food like a bird.

The old lady is Margeret Thatcher, ex Prime Minister of Britain. According to my source she regularly forgets that her husband is dead, and anxiously waits for him... then returns again to the present, and realises that he's died. She looses him several times a day.

Please pray for this lady, whatever your political allegiance, because whatever else, this is a woman who loved her husband, and much as some of us may have disagreed with her at the time, she tried to do her best.

Please pray that she'll see the Saviour, and that He'll give her comfort, and set her free.

I'm really sad to think of her, never able to get past the first stage of her loneliness, after all these years, and I pray that God, in His mercy, will grant her peace.

Please pray. :cry:

CoffeeCat
Oct 21st 2008, 10:04 PM
Awwww. :( Praying for Mrs. Thatcher. I definitely know who she was/is... but all the same... That would be so rough, to feel so alone, and to "lose" him like that so often. My heart and prayers go out to her.

IMINXTC
Oct 22nd 2008, 03:17 AM
Praying for Mrs. Thatcher in her loneliness. Praying that she would be witnessed to in no-uncertain terms, praying that she would be compelled to look to God.

Colo25
Oct 22nd 2008, 04:05 AM
Praying for Mrs. Thatcher...:pray: That is sad she misses him so...:cry:
ysic,
Colo

daughter
Oct 22nd 2008, 07:52 AM
It made me really sad to hear of her in this condition. Apparently she is being very dignified about it... when she comes back to herself she's aware not only that she's lost her husband, but also that she's going senile. She's become very frail, and doesn't go out a lot. I knew I'd not seen much about her in the news, but you somehow have her fixed in your head permanently as "the iron lady". It came as a shock (I don't mean this in a bad way) to learn that she's human. I mean that time and age affect her as much as anyone else.

I'm really hoping and praying that she'll hear the gospel and accept it. Perhaps she already has, but I still think we should pray for her.

Evangelist Smith
Oct 22nd 2008, 12:48 PM
Father God we lift this precious lost soul Margaret up to you asking Lord God tht in your infinite wisdom and mercy would comfort her concerning her husband, Lord that you would give her healing from this grief, and Lord we ask that you O God would send someone her way to give her the Good News of your saving grace , and Lord it is our eanest prayer and hope that she would heed the call , repent and be saved before it is eternally to late ,help her dear Lord we do humbly pray in Christ' Mighty name amen and amen

Redneck Charger
Oct 22nd 2008, 02:33 PM
Please Jesus keep a watchful eye over this Lady who misses her husband do very very much..:pray:

RevivedGirl0216
Oct 22nd 2008, 05:20 PM
Lord, may Mrs. Thatcher turn to you...give her comfort and let her know that she has hope in You, that she can get through this with Your strength. I pray that she turns her heart to you and she won't keep getting tortured by her husbands' death....please deliver her Father...the precious name of Your Son Jesus, Amen.:pray:

Frances
Oct 22nd 2008, 05:58 PM
:pray:......................................