PDA

View Full Version : old habit trying to come back

stillforgiven
Oct 22nd 2008, 03:18 AM
I used to be a cutter, but I've been free from it for a really long time. (I will have to admit there are plenty of other way to self abuse than the blade.) For the first time in so long, I want really, really bad to take a blade to myself. I won't, but the urge is so strong.

Thanks for your prayers.

IMINXTC
Oct 22nd 2008, 03:21 AM
Praying that our Lord will give you the overwhelming, extra-grace to defeat this horrible suggestion... to nip it in the bud..to walk freely in the spirit, to put this temptation to death.

You do not deserve this!

punkrockgirl
Oct 22nd 2008, 03:55 AM
Praying for you that god will the keep urges away today and everyday. :pray:
God Bless:hug:

Colo25
Oct 22nd 2008, 04:03 AM
(I hope this isnt a double post, but my computer went wonky...)
Father God we lift up Stillforgiven to you Dear Lord in prayer. We may not know the reason that Stillforgiven feels this way right now, but you do, so I ask in prayer that you touch Stillforgiven and place a protective hand over Stillforgiven, and calm the spirit and mind of our dear friend.
In Jesus, amen.
Colo

jsph110
Oct 22nd 2008, 04:04 AM
The only way i know how to quit an addiction is {FASTING AND PRAYING}. {PERIOD}.

When you do, ask God to give you the grace to trust His promises to you, that instead of cutting when you are under stress, you will cast your cares upon Him and rest assured that He is able to help you. Nothing is hard for God. Ask and keep asking until, don't cut and keep cutting.

God remind us instead of addictive behaviors, we should give thanks. This should not make sense until you see it in your life.

Evangelist Smith
Oct 22nd 2008, 01:48 PM
Praying that our Lord will give you the overwhelming, extra-grace to defeat this horrible suggestion... to nip it in the bud..to walk freely in the spirit, to put this temptation to death.

You do not deserve this!Amen brother and I stand in agreement in the Mighty name of Jesus

Redneck Charger
Oct 22nd 2008, 02:23 PM
Jesus, Please keep a watchful eye over stillforgiven.. Please help her from hurting herself.. Please Jesus:pray:

CoffeeCat
Oct 22nd 2008, 08:52 PM
Praying for you. When I was a young teenager, I also struggled with this for a while.... and I know how badly, in times like this, we need to stay open to God and to friends. If you need someone to talk to, PM me... and I'll keep praying for you! You CAN be delivered from this temptation. :hug:

stillforgiven
Oct 22nd 2008, 11:45 PM
I appreciate your prayers and words of encouragement. I did NOT give in.

It was so weird....always in the past, the urge to hurt came after things were bad enough to cause tears. Last night, the urge just hit out of the blue, and the tears came because of it. It was all backwards. I am so thankful I didn't give in.

Jeremiah333
Oct 22nd 2008, 11:50 PM

It was so weird....always in the past, the urge to hurt came after things were bad enough to cause tears. Last night, the urge just hit out of the blue, and the tears came because of it. It was all backwards. I am so thankful I didn't give in.

Praise God! I am glad to hear that you did not give in.

I am praying for you...

Dani H
Oct 23rd 2008, 12:32 AM

You must be doing something right to warrant an attack like that.

Praying for you. :)

IMINXTC
Oct 23rd 2008, 06:06 AM
Grateful for this answer to prayer! Praying you will never be visited with this again, or that you will find overwhelming strength to send it away.

Lord Bless!