PDA

View Full Version : I have set the land before you - Deut. 1

vinsight4u8
Oct 25th 2008, 02:47 PM
Israel was to rise as a nation.
How did the plan unfold?

Deuteronomy 1:8
"Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give unto them, and to their seed after them."

What does it take to start this kingdom?

V13
"Take you wise men and understanding, and known among your tribes, and I will make them rulers over you."
Israel needs - wise and understanding men in order to get the nation started.

How are these men over the nation supposed to lead it?
V16
"...judge righteously..."

So the land is set - they get wise and understanding men - and time to possess the land and keep it even for their seed that will come after them.

A nation has begun!

Judges 5:9-11
"My heart is toward the governors...ye that ride on white....rehearse the righteous acts..."

sitting on white
people that rule
and judge righteously
possessed the land

Proverbs 4:7
"Wisdom is the principal thing; [therefore] get wisdom, and with all they getting get understanding."
V9
"She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace:a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee."

Now for a few moments - ponder the picture set for the first seal of Revelation.

a rider on white
gets a crown

Is a nation beginning here also?
Yes,,,,the nation of Iraq.

vinsight4u8
Oct 25th 2008, 02:53 PM
So what seal is where the man of sin starts to rule iraq?

Check the 4th one - as you compare it to Habakkuk chapter 2 as to a coming death and desires to be as hell man from Chaldea.
Habakkuk wrote to us that he will gather the nations.
He is a proud man - can't be satisfied.
At the end it shall speak!

vinsight4u8
Oct 25th 2008, 03:12 PM
Habakkkuk - wrote about a "work a work" prophecy as to the Chaldeans.

The NT shows that this prophecy had yet to come to pass.

Acts 13:40-41
"Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets;"
"...for I work a work..."

Habakkuk 1:6-17
"For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, [that] bitter and hasty nation...Their horses also are swifter than the leopards...shall come from far...as the east wind...Shall they therefore empty their net, and not spare continually to slay the nations?'
V5
"...wonder marvellously: for I work a work..."

vinsight4u8
Oct 25th 2008, 03:15 PM
Habakkuk chapter 1
"The burden which Habakkuk the prophet did see."
chapter 2
"I will stand my watch, and set me upon the tower..."
V2
"And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make [it] plain upon tables...."
V3
"For the vision [is] yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak..."

vinsight4u8
Oct 25th 2008, 07:19 PM
Don't forget to also tie the seals of Rev. to the other place in the Bible that mentions being sealed.

Deuteronomy 32

esp. V34