PDA

View Full Version : His Sweet Voice

ConqueredbyLove
Oct 25th 2008, 11:47 PM
Melted by His Sweet Voice

~ He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds ~

Sometimes the pain in our heart is so great we think we will not survive. I imagine it is possible to die of a broken heart. They tell me Jesus Christ of Nazareth did. For when they pierced His side with the spear, out from that wound flowed blood and water. This indicates the pericardial sac surrounding His heart had ruptured indicating a broken heart.

~ Oh, blessed Jesus~

Why did Your heart break? Was it because of Your separation from Your Father? Did Your heart break for me? Did Your heart break for all of us as You bore the pain of all the sins of the world? What wounding You suffered! Such hurt as none has endured!

Perhaps we carry a broken heart from being abused. Perhaps we have lost a loved one. Perhaps our dearest earthly friend and lover has rejected and betrayed us. Such broken hearts some of us carry! It is at this time, during the anguish we endure that total despair and hopelessness might threaten to overwhelm us. Fear might engulf us and a total lack of trust of everyone, including God might set in.

This is not the way it was supposed to be! How could this have happened? Why? Oh, why God? On top of it all, well-meaning but misguided Christians insist we must forgive our perpetuators. While we still reel in pain, barely able to make it through a day, insensitive Christians insist we must do what it is impossible to do….at this time... before we are able.

But it is not so with God. While we confess to Him our lack of forgiveness, He gently takes our tears and puts them into His bottle to save as precious jewels. He knows that it takes time to work through the pain. How tender and kind He is as He carries us close to His heart that beats with such affectionate love for us.

Today, God did what I have not been able to do. For this person has been used to bring untold suffering and grief in my life. She lies about me, she lies to me, she manipulates me, she verbally abuses me. She is taking my beautiful home from me.

“……Will you pray for her? His sweet voice, the sweetest voice in the whole world washed over me quickly and suddenly. I broke into tears and bowed my head. “Yes, Lord, yes. She has such night in her heart, doesn’t she?” “Yes”, my beloved God answered. And then He gave me the forgiveness I did not have.

My dear wounded reader. Trust Him! Even through the darkest of nights. And, if you cannot trust Him because your pain is too great now, then just rest. Because He will give you what you do not have and all the sweeter it will be because it will come from Him.

I would like to dedicate this devotional to that deeply wounded and hurting soul on these boards. I carried you on my heart as I wrote this and I know God gave it to me for you. I think you might know who you are....Below is a song I hope you might enjoy, also :hug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtAjrNqEsoM

hidden
Oct 26th 2008, 06:00 PM
Thank you. Your going to The Father for me with prayer and such deep love..I'm amazed and so grateful.

ConqueredbyLove
Oct 26th 2008, 06:38 PM
Thank you. Your going to The Father for me with prayer and such deep love..I'm amazed and so grateful.

Megga hugs and love to you, dear precious soul :hug: :kiss:

livingwaters
Oct 26th 2008, 07:04 PM
Conqueredbylove, could writing devotionals be your calling?? The comfort and uplifting that seems to come so natural to you. Maybe it's because, as you say, trials and tribulations, have taught you about the unsurpassable peace and joy of the Lord. Alleluia

Just my thoughts!!!:)