PDA

View Full Version : They chanted, "OBAMA SAVE US, OBAMA SAVE US!"

lifeandliberty
Oct 26th 2008, 01:42 AM
Obama and LLM visit Richmond, VA
They chanted, "Obama Save Us! Obama Save Us !

"Obama save us!

Obama save us!"

This was actually one of the chants that resounded around the Richmond Coliseum this morning. I know it sounds outrageous, but it's true.

For the third time in one week, LLM has had the opportunity to reach out to the lost at an Obama rally. This time it was at the Richmond Coliseum here in Virginia.

It is hard to explain the devotion that Obama's followers have for him. Rather than looking to the true Savior for hope, multitudes are seeking for hope from a man who despises the God of the Bible.

The Truth Truck was on hand and most of the Obama followers in attendance saw the grisly reality of abortion.

http://www.lifeandlibertyministries.com/archives/images/Hosanna%20in%20Richmond.JPG

Literature was distributed to thousands
Thousands of pieces of pro-life literature and Gospel tracts were put into peoples' hands. It was great to see people all around reading the literature as they waited for the doors to open for the event. Pray that the truth they saw and read will take root in good soil. Today the outreach team consisted of eleven Christians. The coliseum was filled to capacity with a huge crowd outside listening to the speeches over loudspeakers.

http://www.lifeandlibertyministries.com/archives/images/Reading%20lit%20in%20Richmond.JPG

GO! GO! GO!
The battle for the hearts of the lost in our nation will only be won through prayer "and" action. The Scriptures command us to "GO". Lies concerning Biblical truth and God's standards for humanity are spreading like wildfire by very zealous deceivers. Information alone won't change a heart. A well rounded presentation of the Gospel along with answers to honest questions is an effective method of outreach. To "reason" and to "contend for the faith" must go hand in hand with our "praying for the lost."
Too often we can convince ourselves that we are doing all we should to fulfill the great commission. We can hang out with those who also feel that they are sufficiently active when all the while we only deceive ourselves. If we used Messiah, the Disciples, and the first followers of the risen Savior as our examples we may find ourselves ashamed at our actual lack of "Christlikeness". I'm not saying that "activity" equals holiness and obedience but inactivity and complacency where never referred to as fruits of the Spirit.

Brothers and Sisters, commit yourselves to seek after a life that resembles our Messiah and cultivate a true love for the lost who stand condemned without the Gospel. Once we begin to actually think as He thinks and act as He acts, we may find our lives being drastically changed and we may even find ourselves being misunderstood by those who are comfortable just playing church.

I pray that the Father turns up the refining fire in our lives even though the thought really does scare me somewhat. I have a lot that needs to burn up. Let's get busy and burn. Better now than later.

Life and Liberty Ministries (http://http//www.lifeandlibertyministries.com)

Wiebelhaus
Oct 27th 2008, 02:51 AM
I'm a lurker but this post is highly offensive to me.

reach out to the lost at an Obama rallyTo insinuate that anyone looking for hope for the nation , to save us from an unholy war and corruptness in our government yet unparalleled in modern times needs to be saved is down right patronizing and insulting.

And matter of fact McCain has the same fundamentals for Abortion in his policies as Barack Obama that it should not be outlawed.

John McCain believes Roe v. Wade is a flawed decision that must be overturned, and as president he will nominate judges who understand that courts should not be in the business of legislating from the bench.

Constitutional balance would be restored by the reversal of Roe v. Wade, returning the abortion question to the individual states. The difficult issue of abortion should not be decided by judicial fiat.

Source (http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/95b18512-d5b6-456e-90a2-12028d71df58.htm)

lifeandliberty
Oct 27th 2008, 04:42 AM
There are people living in rebellion to God in both camps. I never said that I was a McCain supporter. I am a follower of Messiah, not a political party. Looking for hope in Obama or McCain will be hope misplaced. You need not be insulted, you should look past the candidates and find hope in messiah. He only can give peace an save you from your sins.

LovebirdsFlying
Oct 27th 2008, 04:59 AM
I'd like to make several points:
I'm so sick of politics I could barf.
God is not confined to a specific party.
It is neither more nor less Christian to vote Republican, or Democrat. No connection exists.
The purpose of a Christian message board should be to lead people to Christ, not to lead people to vote any particular way.

Wiebelhaus
Oct 27th 2008, 05:08 AM
I am a follower of Messiah, not a political party. Looking for hope in Obama or McCain will be hope misplaced.

So then by your statement , we don't need health insurance because we have angels?

Hoping that JFK was going to help minorities and women was misplaced?

Hoping and believing in MLK was misplaced?

Hope & love we learned from Gandhi was misplaced?

The Hope and the fight for freedom & Love that we learned from Nelson Mandela was misplaced?

We'll have to agree to disagree , Will I see your organization at a McCain rally? or is it only the poorer , colored and disadvantaged that need to be "saved"?

I'm disgusted.

Equipped_4_Love
Oct 27th 2008, 07:53 AM
So then by your statement , we don't need health insurance because we have angels?

Hoping that JFK was going to help minorities and women was misplaced?

Hoping and believing in MLK was misplaced?

Hope & love we learned from Gandhi was misplaced?

The Hope and the fight for freedom & Love that we learned from Nelson Mandela was misplaced?

I'm sorry, Wiebelhaus, but surely you would agree that hope placed in any of these men above our real hope, Jesus Christ, is misplaced hope. Martin Luther King was a great man, but to place our hope in any man above Christ is just futile. I would think that any Christian would realize this.

I'm disgusted.

Why on earth would you be disgusted about people handing out truth tracts and promoting the Gospel?

Seriously.....my mind is officially blown!!!!

Studyin'2Show
Oct 27th 2008, 11:53 AM
I believe the purpose of this thread is not about who to vote for but more about sharing the Gospel with those who would cry out to be saved NOT using the name of Messiah. I was going to move this to the Election forum which is restricted to members with over 40 posts and 30 days of membership, but I've decided to leave it here. I will caution everyone participating NOT to get into a political discussion but merely to address the issue of whether it is 'okay' to cry out to be saved and not be calling out to Messiah. If this gets into politics, it will be moved.

That said, I would hope that if there are people anywhere crying out to be saved that there will be someone there to point them to Yeshua.

God Bless!

jesuslover1968
Oct 27th 2008, 01:50 PM
John 5:43

43~I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

LookingUp
Oct 27th 2008, 05:36 PM
The battle for the hearts of the lost in our nation will only be won through prayer "and" action. The Scriptures command us to "GO". Lies concerning Biblical truth and God's standards for humanity are spreading like wildfire by very zealous deceivers. Information alone won't change a heart. A well rounded presentation of the Gospel along with answers to honest questions is an effective method of outreach. To "reason" and to "contend for the faith" must go hand in hand with our "praying for the lost."

Thanks for the above reminder! It has encouraged me. :hug:

Joe King
Oct 27th 2008, 09:38 PM
More evidence to corroborate my feelings on Obama

Studyin'2Show
Oct 27th 2008, 09:45 PM
More evidence to corroborate my feelings on ObamaThe fact that they say it really has nothing to do with him. Let's keep the thread focused on those who are calling for a savior not who they THINK is their savior. Since the OP has no access to the Elections forum I'd like to keep from moving it there. ;)

σяєяυииєя
Oct 27th 2008, 09:51 PM
Hello folks,

And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: Daniel 2:21

Go well
Fore - out

Studyin'2Show
Oct 27th 2008, 09:55 PM
:OFFT: which is the people who are crying for a savior or on evangelizing those people. NOT on anyone running for office or any end times figure. Last warning! :cool: