PDA

View Full Version : Discussion 7th Seal-Half an hour in heaven, 20 years on earth

seeker_truth
Oct 26th 2008, 05:04 AM
Rev.8 begins with the opening of the 7th seal, followed by about a half an hour of silence in heaven.

What event do you believe is responsible for the openning of the 7th Seal? And, what has happened or will occur on earth during this time?

I believe a 1/2 hour of silence in heaven is equivalent to 20 years on earth.

snt

cwb
Oct 26th 2008, 06:22 PM

snt

Could you explain that?

Saved7
Oct 26th 2008, 07:25 PM

snt

Ok...and where do you get that from??:confused

seeker_truth
Oct 27th 2008, 01:14 AM
Could you explain that?

2 Pet.3:8 "one day is with the Lord as a thousand years"
Simple division..1/2 hr.in heaven=20 years on earth...

IMO, silence in heaven is of tremendous significance, both in heaven and on the earth.

snt

Nihil Obstat
Oct 27th 2008, 01:56 PM
I heard at service the other night that it would take about a half hour for the priest to offer incense (cp. Luke 1:10; 21)...

Truthinlove
Oct 27th 2008, 02:07 PM
"One day is AS a thousand years" is a figure of speech, a metaphor. It is not meant to be taken literally.

The text does not say one day is a thousand years.

Basically it means that time to God is different than it is to us.

Kudo Shinichi
Oct 27th 2008, 02:09 PM
Well, I don't know if it's equivalent to 20 years or not...but try not to misinterpret the Bible too much cause there is a warning to it...

Marc B
Oct 27th 2008, 02:24 PM
2 Pet.3:8 "one day is with the Lord as a thousand years"
Simple division..1/2 hr.in heaven=20 years on earth...

IMO, silence in heaven is of tremendous significance, both in heaven and on the earth.

snt

AS a thousand years doesn't mean IS a thousand years any more than 'cold AS ice' means 'cold IS ice'. Just like kingdom OF heaven doesn't mean kingdom IN heaven.

seeker_truth
Nov 16th 2008, 04:04 AM
Perhaps, I should not have mentioned the "half hour of silence in heaven" quite so soon; it seems to have taken preeminence over the actual question.

To begin with, I view seals 1-6 as judgments against Judah, Jerusalem, the children of Jacob, and the land of Israel in the first century, while the 7th seal remained closed and held in time, waiting for the re-establishment of the land of Israel and the city of Jerusalem by the Jewish people.

Yet, even after 1967 the last seal was left in place, unopened by the Lamb.

So, what event might be responsible for the opening of the 7th seal?
And, is it possible that the seal has already been broken?

seeker

Walking the Walk
Nov 16th 2008, 09:37 PM
May I ask why you believe the space of 1/2 hour in Heaven is representative of 20 years on earth??

Walking the Walk
Nov 16th 2008, 09:38 PM
That's just a human's interpretation of that verse in Revelation.

Walking the Walk
Nov 16th 2008, 09:39 PM
I believe a lot of the Bible is written in similies and metaphors...and I believe the space of 1/2 hour (mentioned in Revelation) is symbolic of the 'Impact' that the opening of the 7th seal had....

Walking the Walk
Nov 16th 2008, 09:41 PM
But regardless of what that verse in Revelation means...that Chapter (especially) is more than enough for us to know that we need to be ready!!

seeker_truth
Nov 17th 2008, 01:59 AM
Walking the walk,
As the Lamb of God opens each seal in heaven there is a coinciding event, which takes place upon the earth, and relates to a prophetic judgment.

Why should such a pattern of holy design by God not be delegated to an amount of time on earth as it was observed by John in heaven?

In 2Pet.3:8 we learn that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, but Peter begins that verse with a phrase we tend to ignore, "Beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing"..words that serves us well when trying to understand the commencement of the 7th seal.

IMO, the 7th seal has been opened, silence in heaven has begun, and we are living in those 20 prophetic years of appointed time upon the earth.

seeker

mmdd
Nov 17th 2008, 07:22 PM
Hi
I had to register just to tell how two of the most dramatic world events could fit this silence period.
The equation 0.5 hours/x years = 24 hours /1000 will give you 20.83 years. Now the silence were about 0,5 hours so we should look for something close to 20.83 years
WW1 ended November 11, 1918. WW2 started September 1 1939. That is 20 year 9 month and 20 days. In the decimal 20.803, is that to close to be about ?

RabbiKnife
Nov 17th 2008, 07:33 PM
Let's hope not, because if that's the math, then the rapture is over, as is the entire tribulation, and God only knows where we are now....

:giveup:

Diolectic
Nov 17th 2008, 09:07 PM
Rev.8 begins with the opening of the 7th seal, followed by about a half an hour of silence in heaven.

What event do you believe is responsible for the openning of the 7th Seal? And, what has happened or will occur on earth during this time?

snt
Rev 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour (season).
Note: This "silence in heaven about the space of half an hour" is actually 1/2 a season(3.5 yeas of the whole season of the 7 year tribulation) because He uses the term hour for the term season also in these verses, see vv.s Rev. 3:10, Rev. 17:12, Rev. 18:10, Rev. 18:17, Rev. 18:19. You would not think by common sense that these references are actually one hour
This 1/2 a season is spoken of for our recognition of a division of events. First we see the rapture in chapter 7, then heaven becomes silent because of awe & reverence for what is about to happen, in other words God's wrath.
The trumpets are part of Gods' wrath along with the vials. Then you, also, actually read when there is noise again in Heaven at the very end in Rev. 11:15.

Rev. 10:7 “But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.”
11:15 And the seventh angel trumpeted. And there were great voices in Heaven, saying, The kingdoms of the world became our Lord's, even of His Christ; and He shall reign to the ages of the ages.
Note: This is a key verse Ref.

seeker_truth
Nov 18th 2008, 01:01 AM
Hi
I had to register just to tell how two of the most dramatic world events could fit this silence period.
The equation 0.5 hours/x years = 24 hours /1000 will give you 20.83 years. Now the silence were about 0,5 hours so we should look for something close to 20.83 years
WW1 ended November 11, 1918. WW2 started September 1 1939. That is 20 year 9 month and 20 days. In the decimal 20.803, is that to close to be about ?

Hello mmdd, Welcome to the forum.. I completely agree with your equation, which is quite precise. Your thoughts on both WWs are very interesting. But, here's the problem, the 7th seal is a judgment against the Jewish people in the land of Israel; a nation that had not been recognized as such until 1948.

I've considered Jan. 19, 1990 as a possibility, a day that would mark the start of two major events, one of which would play out in the city of Jerusalem around 2011 or 2012.

Now that you're an official member of the forum, we all hope to hear from you often, sharing those things that are on your heart and in your thoughts.

seeker

seeker_truth
Nov 18th 2008, 01:17 AM
Rev 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour (season).
Note: This "silence in heaven about the space of half an hour" is actually 1/2 a season(3.5 yeas of the whole season of the 7 year tribulation) because He uses the term hour for the term season also in these verses, see vv.s Rev. 3:10, Rev. 17:12, Rev. 18:10, Rev. 18:17, Rev. 18:19. You would not think by common sense that these references are actually one hour
This 1/2 a season is spoken of for our recognition of a division of events. First we see the rapture in chapter 7, then heaven becomes silent because of awe & reverence for what is about to happen, in other words God's wrath.
The trumpets are part of Gods' wrath along with the vials. Then you, also, actually read when there is noise again in Heaven at the very end in Rev. 11:15.

Rev. 10:7 “But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.”
11:15 And the seventh angel trumpeted. And there were great voices in Heaven, saying, The kingdoms of the world became our Lord's, even of His Christ; and He shall reign to the ages of the ages.
Note: This is a key verse Ref.

Hey there Diolectic,
That's an excellent observation on the half an hour of silence, which I haven't considered, but will...Thanks..

I do disagree with your thoughts on the wrath of God, which I view as an event linked only with that of the 7th trumpet and 7th vial.

seeker