PDA

View Full Version : How does the moon become as "blood"

ross3421
Oct 26th 2008, 05:23 AM
The sun relects upon the moon thus we see the moon bright at night. So is the moon becoming blood a relection of the sun????

Re 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Re 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

So we have the sun blackened by the angel standing in the midst like an eclipse, the moon will relect the red of the vesture of the one standing. And yes, Christ does appear as an angel, angel of the Lord (spirit apart from flesh) upon his return.

Mark

σяєяυииєя
Oct 26th 2008, 05:47 AM
I thought that had happened in the XVIII or XIX century....

Go well

Literalist-Luke
Oct 26th 2008, 05:49 AM
The sun relects upon the moon thus we see the moon bright at night. So is the moon becoming blood a relection of the sun????

Re 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Re 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

So we have the sun blackened by the angel standing in the midst like an eclipse, the moon will relect the red of the vesture of the one standing. And yes, Christ does appear as an angel, angel of the Lord (spirit apart from flesh) upon his return.

MarkThe blood moon is in Revelation 6, not 19.

ross3421
Oct 26th 2008, 05:59 AM
The blood moon is in Revelation 6, not 19.

Do not get caught up in that it is chapters apart as Rev overlaps much it is the same event. We also se the moon turning to blood as Christ returns in Matt 24. Does the moon turned to blood twice?

Mt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Mt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Richard H
Oct 26th 2008, 06:00 AM
Hi Mark,
Particulate matter in the air would have this effect. google
It would also reduce the sunlight which reaches the earth.

My speculation as to the cause of this particulate matter, would be volcanic activity or something similar.

Richard

Forgiven Alaskan
Oct 26th 2008, 06:17 AM
lunar eclipses are also called blood moons....

Saved7
Oct 26th 2008, 07:28 PM
Much volcanic ash in the air can also cause the moon to appear red.
I've seen it happen some months after a volcanoe erupted in the western state of Washington, when I was all the way over in Michigan.

Literalist-Luke
Oct 27th 2008, 04:55 AM

Mark

Do not get caught up in that it is chapters apart as Rev overlaps much it is the same event. We also se the moon turning to blood as Christ returns in Matt 24. Does the moon turned to blood twice?

Mt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Mt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.Oh, I see what you're saying now. Sorry, it was late when I made that previous post and it must've gone in one eye and out the other. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/wacko.gif

I think you bring up a very interesting point here. :yes:

markdrums
Oct 29th 2008, 01:39 PM

Mt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Well, you can't leave out these....
Joel 2:31 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Joe&c=2&v=31&t=KJV#31)The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Joe 3:15 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Joe&c=3&v=15&t=KJV#15)The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

Isa 13:10 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Isa&c=13&v=10&t=KJV#10)For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Isa 60:19 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Isa&c=60&v=19&t=KJV#19)The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.

Act 2:20 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Act&c=2&v=20&t=KJV#20)The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

The phrase appears all throughout the Bible, Including the Old Testament. It doesn't necessarily pertain to Christ's "Secong Coming". It's common Judgement Language.
Anytime you see this in scripture, look at the context of the chapter. You'll find it's in conjunction with God warning people of impending judgment.

markdrums
Oct 29th 2008, 02:16 PM
19:17 I saw an angel standing in the sun. He cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the sky, "Come! Be gathered together to the great supper of God,

The angel in the sun represents the higher spiritual sun manifest in your new mind.

Birds have a dual meaning in biblical scripture.

But when speaking of the lower mind, birds are symbols of all those thoughts that arise out of the lower mind and fly around in the recesses of your consciousness.

These birds will no longer fly, as their wings will be clipped, and note that there be a last supper.

The supper is a symbol of the lower mind transforming into the new mind.

We symbolically take our last fling with the desires of this world, this kingdom, we must enjoy it, like an inmate sitting on death row, and having his last meal, before going into the execution chamber, savors his last requested meal.

Then it's over.

The angel standing on the sun

The symbol "solar body" typifies transcendence. Transcendence means a fuller and more complete realization of human nature. This is very subtle. What is transcended is the limited point of view, not the physical and temporal world of experience.

The particular and personal point of view of ego consciousness is a limited and limiting point of view. That is what is transcended. Transcendence of the particular and personal, however, does not obliterate the particular and the personal.

Self, no longer identified by its individuality with a particular human physical body, does not then quit the physical body. No longer identified with a particular and personal point of view, in other words with a specific human psyche, self does not abandon the personal point of view.

Self transcends the limitations imposed upon its awareness by the particular and the specific. But it remains both particular and specific.

Self, no longer identified with the sex of a particular body, or in other words eros, and a particular personal point of view, or in other words amor, does not obliterate sex in the particular and the personal. Just the opposite.

Self realizes in its fullness that its very nature, which is ecstasy, expresses itself in the sexuality of the particular and the personal. It realizes that the polarity of sex is the dynamic mode of its creativity.

19:18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave, and small and great."

To eat is a symbol of the acquisition of knowledge as sustenance for the mind by means of sensation and experience. In the higher sense, the recognition of spiritual food which is Wisdom, truth and love.

So this new consciousness eats up the things of the lower mind, the flesh of the kings, captains and mighty men. All of the old lower mind thoughts that arose out of the ego, lower mind.

And of course the horses, those three great horses, we already discussed.

In other words every part of the lower consciousness is consumed by the higher consciousness, all these lower things are eaten up.

Free and slaves are all of the thoughts that were held captive by the lower mind quality.

Small and great, the same thing. Everything, all lower qualities are consumed and swallowed up by the higher god state.

19:19 I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him who sat on the horse, and against his army.

Again we just see a replete of earlier symbolism, the lower mind still tires to hold on to it's seat of power, and continues to make war with the higher consciousness (the white horse), the Christ consciousness.

19:20 The beast was taken, and with him the false prophet who worked the signs in his sight, with which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

The beast (the lower ego mind), and the false prophet, the emotional nature, the two witnesses, but in a lower sense, deceived the mind that received the mark, as we already discussed.

Of course these two false witnesses are thrown into the lake of fire or furnace, the fornix of the brain, which burns with sulfur.

sulfur represents that stench, that comes from this lower mind quality.

(Mark meaning here the image that is raised by the individual in its imaginative and impulse force), in this case a negative image of self.

The mark of the lower mind type, the group, religion etc..

firebird

There is NOTHING Biblical about what you said. This is all a mixture of "New Age" & "Eastern Mysticism"..... something straight out of the Oprah Winfrey book of the month club.

Not to mention it was "copy/pasted" from another source.
Two posts, two minutes apart, as long as they are.....?

C'Mon!

Literalist-Luke
Oct 29th 2008, 03:25 PM
firebird, you call yourself a Christian, but you also call the Bible mythology. Can you explain that?

moonglow
Oct 29th 2008, 04:02 PM
There is NOTHING Biblical about what you said. This is all a mixture of "New Age" & "Eastern Mysticism"..... something straight out of the Oprah Winfrey book of the month club.

Not to mention it was "copy/pasted" from another source.
Two posts, two minutes apart, as long as they are.....?

C'Mon!

Apparently his posts were removed ...wonder why? :hmm: :cool:

He must have gotten this board confused with Oprah's...:rolleyes:

Elouise
Oct 29th 2008, 04:04 PM
Blood moons do occur during lunar eclipses. Pretty sure it appears red as we see reflections of the impurities of our own atmosphere.

Literalist-Luke
Oct 29th 2008, 04:19 PM

He must have gotten this board confused with Oprah's...:rolleyes:I wonder why they didn't also remove the posts (including mine) that were in response. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/confused.gif Oh well. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/ohwell.gif

Literalist-Luke
Oct 29th 2008, 04:24 PM
Blood moons do occur during lunar eclipses. Pretty sure it appears red as we see reflections of the impurities of our own atmosphere.Yes, you're exactly right, but here's the $1,000,000.00 question :D : The Biblical passages in question also say the sun goes dark as well. Yet the red appearance of the moon during a lunar eclipse is still dependent on the sun's light being refracted around the earth through our atmosphere, just as you describe. So if the sun appears to go dark all over the entire earth, as the Bible describes, which would also have to include the side facing the sun, then where does the moon's red light come from? That's the $1,000,000.00 question. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/throwing.gif

Dani H
Oct 29th 2008, 04:37 PM
I don't think it's referring to the physical sun and moon. It may be related to a host of different things. For example, many are basing their beliefs on the heavens and what happens there (astrology and certain other religious beliefs), and it's possible that the Bible says that these will fail to guide people completely before the Lord returns, and nobody is going to be able to make any sense whatsoever out of looking at the heavens for signs, no matter how hard they try. It's also possible that it relates to us, His people, no longer relying on physical governmental principles of the natural heavens, because God Himself is our Light, and so we operate independently of times and seasons and planets and stars, because He dwells beyond them and His life and light are in us.

Isa 13:10 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Isa&c=13&v=10&t=KJV#10)For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

This I find interesting. Because the moon doesn't have light of itself, it's merely a reflection of the light of the sun. So I think that confirms that it's not talking about the actual physical moon we can see from earth.

But y'all know my non-literal stance on these matters.

Even though one Literalist Luke ... person ... is on my friends list. But he, too, shall see the light one day. ;)

Literalist-Luke
Oct 29th 2008, 05:02 PM
Even though one Literalist Luke ... person ... is on my friends list.I feel an urge to clean out my message box coming on......http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/mop.gif http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/vaccum.gif http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/mow.gif
But he, too, shall see the light one day. ;)Not when the sun and moon get turned off. :D

markdrums
Oct 29th 2008, 05:28 PM

He must have gotten this board confused with Oprah's...:rolleyes:

:rofl:

That very well could be the case!!!

I'm also wondering the same thing Luke is..... Why our posts, quoting him, still remain in tact??
Hmmmmm..... :hmm:

Some things may never be known..... LOL!

Just a Door Keeper
Oct 29th 2008, 05:28 PM
Do you suppose that God is able to make the moon as blood or appear as blood. It may be some natural event but I personally believe that the Lord will do with it as He pleases. He is going to make the stars fall as well etc, no big deal for God, He created all by His Word and can change it all by His Word if He wants to.

markdrums
Oct 29th 2008, 05:37 PM
Do you suppose that God is able to make the moon as blood or appear as blood. It may be some natural event but I personally believe that the Lord will do with it as He pleases. He is going to make the stars fall as well etc, no big deal for God, He created all by His Word and can change it all by His Word if He wants to.

I think the Moon/Stars passages are misunderstood.
I don't believe these are "literal" events. Looking back to the Old Testament, we see the same phrase used several times. What was the meaning THEN? Read Joel Chapter 2. The context is judgment. The same holds true in Revelation.
It's not about "literal" cosmological events happening, but it's language used to describe judgment.

Besides, 1/3 of the stars literally falling to Earth?? One star alone would totally obliterate the planet, let alone BILLIONS of them (1/3).

Literalist-Luke
Oct 29th 2008, 05:46 PM
Do you suppose that God is able to make the moon as blood or appear as blood. It may be some natural event but I personally believe that the Lord will do with it as He pleases. He is going to make the stars fall as well etc, no big deal for God, He created all by His Word and can change it all by His Word if He wants to.He could, and that's actually the way it was portrayed in the Left Behind series, but a lot of strange happenings in the Bible still have a mechanical explanation for how they occurred. For instance, the Nile River turning red like blood. A lot of people speculate that it was caused by clay or something in the water from upstream. But really, who cares, it still got the point across to the people in the story. Every miracle has a mechanical aspect to it. The miracle is often just as much in the timing of the event as the event itself.

Literalist-Luke
Oct 29th 2008, 05:49 PM
I think the Moon/Stars passages are misunderstood.
I don't believe these are "literal" events. Looking back to the Old Testament, we see the same phrase used several times. What was the meaning THEN? Read Joel Chapter 2. The context is judgment. The same holds true in Revelation.
It's not about "literal" cosmological events happening, but it's language used to describe judgment.

Besides, 1/3 of the stars literally falling to Earth?? One star alone would totally obliterate the planet, let alone BILLIONS of them (1/3).First of all Joel 2 hasn't been fulfilled yet - it is referring to the same event as the Sixth Seal of Revelation. Secondly, what if, to the writer seeing the event take place in the future, it appeared like stars falling from the sky but maybe they were just meteorites? That would certainly shed light on the Seventh Bowl's giant hailstones....

moonglow
Oct 29th 2008, 06:05 PM

That very well could be the case!!!

I'm also wondering the same thing Luke is..... Why our posts, quoting him, still remain in tact??
Hmmmmm..... :hmm:

Some things may never be known..... LOL!

Cause Luke won't loan them his little smilie with the vacuum cleaner...:lol::lol: So they can't 'clean things up'....he keeps charging for the use of his smilies! :rolleyes:

At any rate I tend to agree...I don't think its literal either...but expressive language...though during the tribulation that when on in regards to Matthew 24 there were some odd comic things going on....plus some other very strange things...this is recorded in historical records..

http://www.studylight.org/com/acc/view.cgi?book=mt&chapter=024
The FIFTH sign, fearful portents.

To these St. Luke adds that there shall be fearful sights and great signs from heaven 21:11.) Josephus, in his preface to the Jewish war, enumerates these.

1st. A star hung over the city like a sword; and a comet continued a whole year.

2d. The people being assembled at the feast of unleavened bread, at the ninth hour of the night, a great light shone about the altar and the temple, and this continued for half an hour.

3d. At the same feast, a cow led to sacrifice brought forth a lamb in the midst of the temple!

4th. The eastern gate of the temple, which was of solid brass, and very heavy, and could hardly be shut by twenty men, and was fastened by strong bars and bolts, was seen at the sixth hour of the night to open of its own accord!

5th. Before sun-setting there were seen, over all the country, chariots and armies fighting in the clouds, and besieging cities. 6th. At the feast of pentecost, when the priests were going into the inner temple by night, to attend their service, they heard first a motion and noise, and then a voice, as of a multitude, saying, LET US DEPART HENCE!

7th. What Josephus reckons one of the most terrible signs of all was, that one Jesus, a country fellow, four years before the war began, and when the city was in peace and plenty, came to the feast of tabernacles, and ran crying up and down the streets, day and night: "A voice from the east! a voice from the west! a voice from the four winds! a voice against Jerusalem and the temple! a voice against the bridegrooms and the brides! and a voice against all the people!"

Though the magistrates endeavoured by stripes and tortures to restrain him, yet he still cried, with a mournful voice, "Wo, wo to Jerusalem!" And this he continued to do for several years together, going about the walls and crying with a loud voice: "Wo, wo to the city, and to the people, and to the temple!" and as he added, "Wo, wo to myself!" a stone from some sling or engine struck him dead on the spot! It is worthy of remark that Josephus appeals to the testimony of others, who saw and heard these fearful things. Tacitus, a Roman historian, gives very nearly the same account with that of Josephus. Hist. lib. v.
Now I think I would be trembling with fear if that kind of stuff was going on...and this doesn't include the numerous earthquakes going on in varies areas either...plus the famines going on..plagues and wars! Not a good time to be living in for sure...

but on the moon turning to blood etc...

I tend to go along with Adam Clark on this one too:
http://www.studylight.org/com/acc/view.cgi?book=mt&chapter=024
Verse 29. Immediately after the tribulation, generally understand this, and what follows, of the end of the world and Christ's coming to judgment: but the word immediately shows that our Lord is not speaking of any distant event, but of something immediately consequent on calamities already predicted: and that must be the destruction of Jerusalem. "The Jewish heaven shall perish, and the sun and moon of its glory and happiness shall be darkened-brought to nothing. The sun is the religion of the Church; the moon is the government of the state; and the stars are the judges and doctors of both. Compare Isaiah 13:10; ; Ezekiel 32:7,8, Lightfoot.

In the prophetic language, great commotions upon earth are often represented under the notion of commotions and changes in the heavens:-

The fall of Babylon is represented by the stars and constellations of heaven withdrawing their light, and the sun and moon being darkened. See Isaiah 13:9,10.

The destruction of Egypt, by the heaven being covered, the sun enveloped with a cloud, and the moon withholding her light. Ezekiel 32:7,8.

The destruction of the Jews by Antiochus Epiphanes is represented by casting down some of the host of heaven, and the stars to the ground. See Daniel 8:10.

And this very destruction of Jerusalem is represented by the Prophet Joel, Joel 2:30,31, by showing wonders in heaven and in earth-darkening the sun, and turning the moon into blood. This general mode of describing these judgments leaves no room to doubt the propriety of its application in the present case.

The falling of stars, i.e. those meteors which are called falling stars by the common people, was deemed an omen of evil times.

God bless

Literalist-Luke
Oct 29th 2008, 06:29 PM
Cause Luke won't loan them his little smilie with the vacuum cleaner...:lol::lol: So they can't 'clean things up'....he keeps charging for the use of his smilies! :rolleyes:Oh, now that was low. That was SO low........ http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/boxing.gif

moonglow
Oct 29th 2008, 07:23 PM
Oh, now that was low. That was SO low........ http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/boxing.gif

Just checking to see if you were paying attention or not...:lol::lol::lol:

Besides that I was telling the truth! You Do charge for the use of your smilies....;) :lol::rofl:

awestruckchild
Oct 29th 2008, 07:34 PM

Mark

Quite interesting!

markdrums
Oct 29th 2008, 07:40 PM
First of all Joel 2 hasn't been fulfilled yet - it is referring to the same event as the Sixth Seal of Revelation. Secondly, what if, to the writer seeing the event take place in the future, it appeared like stars falling from the sky but maybe they were just meteorites? That would certainly shed light on the Seventh Bowl's giant hailstones....

I totally understand what you're saying.... although I don't think it's describing the same event. I think Jesus is referring BACK to Joel (& Isaiah) & using the words to indicate judgment... Which his disciples would fully understand.

The same things goes for "clouds"..... That word was used to indicate Judgment / and illustrate God's glory.
Examples

Psa 97:2 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Psa&c=97&v=2&t=KJV#2)Clouds and darkness [are] round about him: righteousness and judgment [are] the habitation of his throne.

Isa 19:1 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Isa&c=19&v=1&t=KJV#1)The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud,
and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.

Mar 13:26 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Mar&c=13&v=26&t=KJV#26)And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Jer 4:13 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Jer&c=4&v=13&t=KJV#13) Behold, he shall come up as clouds, and his chariots [shall be] as a whirlwind: his horses are swifter than eagles. Woe unto us! for we are spoiled.

BOTH phrases, whether it's moon & stars in the context of the thread; or the reference to clouds as shown above, foretell Judgment, Vindication & Glory of GOD.

I don't think we can assume that every passage in the Bible that mentions the moon turning to blood is dealing with one singular event.

Silverhair
Oct 30th 2008, 01:28 PM
"Blood Moon" was the term used back then to refer to a lunar eclipse. The only light that hits the moon is the refracted light from the earth's atmoshpere. The moon is light by our sunrises and sunsets.

On the evening of Jesus' cruxification, April 3, 33 AD, in Jerusalem the moon rose in eclipse. It rose as a blood moon. Peter refers to the prophesy in Joel in Acts 2:20 and then proceeds to tell the crowd that they have just seen it, "as ye yourselves also know." Hard to make that argument unless the crowd had recently seen a blood moon.

ross3421
Oct 30th 2008, 07:43 PM
"Blood Moon" was the term used back then to refer to a lunar eclipse. The only light that hits the moon is the refracted light from the earth's atmoshpere. The moon is light by our sunrises and sunsets.

On the evening of Jesus' cruxification, April 3, 33 AD, in Jerusalem the moon rose in eclipse. It rose as a blood moon. Peter refers to the prophesy in Joel in Acts 2:20 and then proceeds to tell the crowd that they have just seen it, "as ye yourselves also know." Hard to make that argument unless the crowd had recently seen a blood moon.

Where does it say that the crowd has just seen it? The miricles spoken in the next verse is not a reference to the blood moon.

I think you need to reread Joel 2 as it pertains to the end times and Christ's second return. Note however then too will there be an outpouring of the spirit likened unto Penrecost, ie the former and latter rains. So when Paul parrallels the outpouring to that of Joel's account it is the same spirit but a diferent time.

Lamplighter
Oct 31st 2008, 01:39 AM
It's common Judgement Language.
Anytime you see this in scripture, look at the context of the chapter. You'll find it's in conjunction with God warning people of impending judgment.

Correct. When John wrote the book of Revelation, he used common judgment language from Old Testament scripture.

treasureman
Nov 2nd 2008, 02:28 PM
When the first astronauts landed on the moon-the prophesy was fulfilled.
That sign already happened.
We are in the Last generation and many signs have already been fulfilled.

moonglow
Nov 2nd 2008, 04:20 PM
When the first astronauts landed on the moon-the prophesy was fulfilled.
That sign already happened.
We are in the Last generation and many signs have already been fulfilled.

uh? Explain...how does landing on the moon fulfill any bibical prophecies? :confused

Literalist-Luke
Nov 3rd 2008, 01:15 AM
uh? Explain...how does landing on the moon fulfill any bibical prophecies? :confusedBecause there was blood on the moon in the astronauts' bodies. Go figure. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/noidea.gif

markdrums
Nov 3rd 2008, 04:41 PM
Because there was blood on the moon in the astronauts' bodies. Go figure. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/noidea.gif

Now THAT was a good one!!
"the moon will become as blood / moon will turn into blood" - compared to: "Blood ON the moon in the bodies of astronauts".....
All it takes is some liguistic acrobatics to make it work.....
;)

Thanks for making me chuckle!!! I owe you one!!
:)

Literalist-Luke
Nov 3rd 2008, 04:59 PM

"the moon will become as blood / moon will turn into blood" - compared to: "Blood ON the moon in the bodies of astronauts".....
;)

:)Well, I'm certainly always glad to give somebody a chuckle, but I think treasureman was dead serious about that. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/tsk.gif

quiet dove
Nov 4th 2008, 07:54 PM

;)

:)

When you get done with your chuckle, how about some constructive teaching on why you disagree? :confused

markdrums
Nov 4th 2008, 08:09 PM
When you get done with your chuckle, how about some constructive teaching on why you disagree? :confused

Certainly!! ;)

Well,
Scripture mentions the Moon "turning to blood, or becoming as blood..." But it doesn't say "when blood is ON the moon", or "when blood gets to the moon / lands on the moon... etc.."
THAT is stretching the text beyond it's intended context. There's a HUGE difference when you look at how it's used in the Bible vs. trying to fit it into the 21st Century.

That's why I'd disagree with the Astronauts landing on the moon, as having anything to do with it.

Make sense?
;)

Richard H
Nov 4th 2008, 08:54 PM
That's why I'd disagree with the Astronauts landing on the moon, as having anything to do with it.

Make sense?
;)Certainly!! :thumbsup: