PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure if I'm doing this the right way...

jlmccub2009
Oct 26th 2008, 08:12 PM
I've been struggling with some thoughts and I'm not really sure if I'm asking for help in the right way. I know that if things don't work out the way I want them to, I need to just accept it with grace, but I'm just so confused and my head seems like it's in a million places...

Well, here's the scoop: my boyfriend and I have both been asking God and ourselves if we are meant to be together (even though its only been a month). I've been praying a lot about it for the past few days, and I know I might not get a clear answer right away (hence all of my confusion now), but if some of you could just pray for me or give me any advice on how to pray that would be great.

livingwaters
Oct 26th 2008, 08:21 PM
This is the best advice I know to give: When you pray, :pray:pray that it be God's will, not yours. Only, HE knows what is best for us. Only, HE knows the end from the beginning. Only, HE knows what plan HE has for our lives. HE will reveal HIS plan to us, if we seek HIS KINGDOM first, and all other things will be added. HE wants to give us the desires of our heart. However, HE won't give them to us if it is not HIS will. If we draw near to HIM, HE will draw near to us. HE always wants what is best for us. The hardest thing we have to do is listen to what HIS Word says: "BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD." (Psalm 46:10) Patience is what we receive when we wait on the Lord's decision in our trials and tribulations!!! Wisdom is what we receive when we ask God for it!! Amen:hug:

May the Lord bless you abundantly!!!!!:) I will pray for that the LORD lead your steps.....Alleluia:pray:

karenoka27
Oct 27th 2008, 12:42 AM
Father, I bring this precious young lady before You. Lord press upon her heart and the heart of this young man whether You would see fit for them to be together. If there is any reason that they should not, put it on both of their hearts so they can let the relationship go while it is still new.
If You desire that they would grow together, let there be a peace and a joy about it.
Thank You, In Jesus Name, amen

Ashley274
Oct 27th 2008, 07:16 AM
................. :pray::pray::pray:

IMINXTC
Oct 27th 2008, 02:30 PM
Praying this am about this relationship, that the Lord's guidance would be manifest.

Redneck Charger
Oct 27th 2008, 04:14 PM
Please Jesus help this couple, and let them know if they are on the right path.. Thank you Lord Jesus..:pray:

Frances
Oct 27th 2008, 06:22 PM
:pray: that both you and your boyfriend will 'just know' if it is God's Will for your relationship to continue, that you will be 'of one heart and mind' about the decision and that you will experience His Peace.

jlmccub2009
Oct 27th 2008, 07:57 PM
thanks everyone. I'll let you know how things go.