PDA

View Full Version : Future "Rescue Missions" By God's Angels

immortality
Oct 26th 2008, 08:34 PM
let's say, hypothetically, a city is going to be obliterated by a nuclear weapon.

could the christians residing in these affected areas be "raptured" by god's angels before the devastation?

the bible is clear that a future, definitive catching away/resurrection event will occur, but what about individual "rescue missions" by god's angels?

this concept seems to indeed be biblical:

"But on the day when Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed all of them." [luke 17:29]

"...Enoch was taken away without experiencing death. He could not be found, because God had taken him away." [hebrews 11:5]

if so, then i'm convinced these coming times will be full of such occurrences.

quiet dove
Oct 27th 2008, 12:14 AM
I can't answer your question, but must applaud you for coming up with a new topic, or a new twist to an old topic. :)

moonglow
Oct 27th 2008, 03:11 AM
let's say, hypothetically, a city is going to be obliterated by a nuclear weapon.

could the christians residing in these affected areas be "raptured" by god's angels before the devastation?

the bible is clear that a future, definitive catching away/resurrection event will occur, but what about individual "rescue missions" by god's angels?

this concept seems to indeed be biblical:

"But on the day when Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed all of them." [luke 17:29]

"...Enoch was taken away without experiencing death. He could not be found, because God had taken him away." [hebrews 11:5]

if so, then i'm convinced these coming times will be full of such occurrences.

Lot was told to leave....he physically left..wasn't rapture out of there. And Enoch wasn't in a dangerous situation that he had to be physically removed if I recall correctly.

Noah built an ark and was spared God's wrath, the Christians fled Judea as they were warned to do in Matthew 24 by Jesus and were spared...but none of them were raptured out of danger. Everyone who was warned to leave any place followed God's instructions and were spared and continued living on the earth.

On a side note though...one I think we don't give enough attention too though is the plagues when Moses was dealing with the Pharaoh in Egypt. While all these terrible things were happening..every single Hebrew AND their live stock was protected. They were trapped though and unable to leave..yet still God did not rapture them out..instead He super naturally protected them. :hmm:

Exodus 8
A Plague of Flies
20 Then the Lord told Moses, “Get up early in the morning and stand in Pharaoh’s way as he goes down to the river. Say to him, ‘This is what the Lord says: Let my people go, so they can worship me. 21 If you refuse, then I will send swarms of flies on you, your officials, your people, and all the houses. The Egyptian homes will be filled with flies, and the ground will be covered with them. 22 But this time I will spare the region of Goshen, where my people live. No flies will be found there. Then you will know that I am the Lord and that I am present even in the heart of your land. 23 I will make a clear distinction between my people and your people. This miraculous sign will happen tomorrow.’”

24 And the Lord did just as he had said. A thick swarm of flies filled Pharaoh’s palace and the houses of his officials. The whole land of Egypt was thrown into chaos by the flies.

There is example after example like this as the two battle it out. Its quite amazing. Many feel the seals and trumpets in Revelation are very similar to what went on here also.

At any rate though, even when bombings of any kind have happened in human history..I have heard nothing of the Christians being spared (if there were even in Christians in these places...I don't know). No Christians were spared on 911...so I don't know why you would think it would suddenly start happening now. Jesus tells us that ALL of us will go through trials and tribulations. Most of the misery that happens in this world is caused by other human beings..not God. I think if something were an act of God, He would do what He has done in the past and warn the Christians to flee OR possibly super naturally protect them.

Oh I just thought of another interesting thing. I heard a testimony of a pastor living in that area that was hit by the huge tidal wave back ...oh what year was that? It was about three years ago I think. Many thought this was an act of God...God's wrath on these people...but this pastor rebuked the tidal wave! It was coming right at him and his small boat of orphans he was removing to protect them from this and he rebuked the wave...and they were saved from it.

This is what I posted when it happened:

This is such an awesome story. I saw it first on CNN but they called him a priest so at first I thought he might be Catholic (CNN seems to have no understanding to religious differences at all) turns out he is a Christian pastor over there is Asia. He saw the Tsunami coming and gathered up all the orphans he had in care and told them to get into a boat made to hold no more then 10 or 12 adults...he ended up with more then twice the amount of people in it. Several miracles happened too. On CNN they said first the boat motor never started on the first try, and it did this time...and he used scriptures from Isaiah to rebuke the first oncoming wave which he said was about 20 feet tall...you can hear his story online...on Dr. Dobson's site...it very moving and very powerful.

He said the scriptures When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. .the "Lord shall lift up a staff against him"...then he went on to say, in the Name of Jesus I rebuke you...and he said he saw the wave change, as if something was restraining it. Then they got the motor started and took them up into a lagoon....and there is much more!

I am sorry to say though the link on Dr. Dobson's site doesn't show this anymore. Maybe tomorrow I can try to find it on CNN.

God bless

unkn0wnNYC
Oct 28th 2008, 07:29 PM
Miracles do happen. Nothing is impossible with God and His ways are much different than our own. If there is to be a nuclear attack, He may chose to lead Christians out of that city before the attack happens. He also may shield them in some way or take them to heaven before like you mention. Or...we could just turn to ash and go to Heaven. Either way, God is in control and as long as we trust in Him, He will provide.

Nice thinking though! I believe that during the tribulation times, God will protect His children just like He did to the Hebrews when He sent plagues upon Egypt.

Forgiven Alaskan
Oct 28th 2008, 07:32 PM
I believe tradition is held that Enoch was "translated" the year of the flood.

I dunno if God would rapture his children just out of a city that is about to be bombed by a nuke. In Revelation right before the destruction of New Babylon, Christians are told to get out of there as fast as they can, so why would God say that if He was just going to rapture them.

markdrums
Oct 28th 2008, 07:37 PM
I can't answer your question, but must applaud you for coming up with a new topic, or a new twist to an old topic. :)

I have to agree!
Something a little different than the standard.... woohoo!!!
:)

My wife & I discussed a similar scenario before:
If a plane is about to crash, & the people on board know it, does God appear, or send angels for them & say something like, "Come with me..." & take them out of the terror of the situation?

There's no scriptural support for it..... but it's an interesting thing to ponder.

David Taylor
Oct 28th 2008, 07:45 PM
I believe tradition is held that Enoch was "translated" the year of the flood.

No, Enoch was born nearly a thousand years before the Flood.

I think you are thinking of Methuselah; who tradition teaches lived until the flood at 969 years old, and whose name in Hebrew means, "when he dies, it will come"...tradition eluding this to the Flood.

"All the days of Enoch were 365 years". Genesis 5:23

Methuselah was born when Enoch was 65 years old. Genesis 5:21

All the days of Enoch ere 365 years, or 300 years after Methuselah was born.

Methuselah lived 185 years and Lamech was born. Genesis 5:25

Lamech lived 182 years and Noah was born. Genesis 5:28

Noah was 600 years old when the Flood came. Genesis 7:6

So, the Flood came 10 centuries after Enoch was born.