PDA

View Full Version : Confused

mdo757
Oct 28th 2008, 03:38 PM
Summarily, this is the view that all prophecy was concluded by 70 AD, and that the 2nd Coming occurred in 70 AD, and all 'end time events' were fulfilled by 70 AD. I have to admit that I do not understand that statement. If all prophecy was fulfilled by 70 AD, then what is this End Time Chat for?:hmm:

David Taylor
Oct 28th 2008, 03:54 PM
The End Time Chat forum doesn't hold that view.

That is a heretical view that sprung up a few centuries ago; that Mainstream Protestantism has always stood against.

Mainstream Protestantism does discuss the future biblical Return of Jesus Christ; for that is our great expectation.

The view that believes everything was fulfilled in A.D. 70 is called Full-Preterism (sometimes Hyper-Preterism, Ultra-Preterism, or Hymean-Preterism). That viewpoint is not allowed to be advanced on this forum.

Less confused now?

mdo757
Oct 28th 2008, 04:15 PM
The End Time Chat forum doesn't hold that view.

That is a heretical view that sprung up a few centuries ago; that Mainstream Protestantism has always stood against.

Mainstream Protestantism does discuss the future biblical Return of Jesus Christ; for that is our great expectation.

The view that believes everything was fulfilled in A.D. 70 is called Full-Preterism (sometimes Hyper-Preterism, Ultra-Preterism, or Hymean-Preterism). That viewpoint is not allowed to be advanced on this forum.

Less confused now?Thank you for explaining that to me. I see that I misunderstood the statement.

Ethnikos
Oct 28th 2008, 05:01 PM
I have to admit that I do not understand that statement. If all prophecy was fulfilled by 70 AD, then what is this End Time Chat for?:hmm:We are in the End Times. When Jesus sent out the seventy missionaries and said, "I see Satan falling", we were in the Last Days. That is why we are brought in. Prophesy said that in the last days the gates would be opened to bring in the nations.

Slug1
Oct 28th 2008, 05:04 PM
Prophesy said that in the last days the gates would be opened to bring in the nations.From the Bible? Which scriptures?

Joe King
Oct 28th 2008, 05:34 PM
I have a question.

How is this earth anywhere close to the reign of Christ that is described in Revelations?

markdrums
Oct 28th 2008, 11:53 PM
I have a question.

How is this earth anywhere close to the reign of Christ that is described in Revelations?

The Bible doesn't actually mention an "Earthly" reign of Christ.....
From what I can tell, that interpretation is based on what ISN'T in scripture, rather than what IS in scripture.

When Jesus is with us on Earth, in our physical, glorified bodies, it won't be in a time and place where sin is still an issue. It will be the New Heaven & New Earth.

(I'm not sure I correctly understand what you're asking... so hopefully my answer fits the question..) LOL!

σяєяυииєя
Oct 29th 2008, 12:10 AM

I don`t get it either, but

Here we go with the little I understood :]

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9631/nabubc5.jpg

We are that close!!

Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth. Daniel 2:34,35.

Fareyewell

mdo757
Oct 29th 2008, 02:37 AM
We are in the End Times. When Jesus sent out the seventy missionaries and said, "I see Satan falling", we were in the Last Days. That is why we are brought in. Prophesy said that in the last days the gates would be opened to bring in the nations. The prophecies that are given to us from the bible, range from before the creation of the Earth, to the New Heaven and Earth. The term "Satan falling to earth" means that troublesome times have come upon the world. That term is used then before the fall of Israel, and also in Revelation for the last days.

mdo757
Oct 29th 2008, 02:44 AM
I have a question.

How is this earth anywhere close to the reign of Christ that is described in Revelations? The thousand year reign of Christ is both in Heaven and here on Earth. At the end of the thousand years comes the final judgement of the sheep and goats. But at the beginning of the thousand years is the resurrection of the elect. It is an assumption of mine that it will be at the time of the Two Witnesses.

Kudo Shinichi
Oct 29th 2008, 06:47 AM
Not all of the Luke 21 prophecies are fulfilled...:hmm:

Kudo Shinichi
Oct 29th 2008, 06:49 AM
For instance the more roaring of sea and earthquakes...