PDA

View Full Version : Are you abiding in Christ or sin?

copper25
Oct 28th 2008, 06:03 PM
What causes someone to become a doer of the Law? Psalms 37:8) Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil)) “Hold back thy servant from presumptuous sin”. The problem with today’s society is that the idea of what presumptuous sin is, is lost. People depend on their own definition of sin rather then the word of God with is “a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart”, cutting the conscience and exposing the lies. Who knows the definition of right and wrong? Or What vain standard does man apply of himself for judgment and discerning? The acts of fornication, rebellion, and mischief, envy, greed, are acceptable in man’s eyes, yet cause failure in God’s eyes.
What people don’t know won’t hurt them, WRONG! People can’t be doers of the law when they are violators and transgressors. Can a person be Holy and perverse? Evil and good? People are deceiving themselves and getting worse, ignorant and lost. While we are not perfect, sin should not be a habit or practice in our lives, else what bondage have we escaped from? “Whosoever committeth sin is a servant of sin”. 1 John 3:9) Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God)) The sinful nature is hung on the cross, crucified to it along with the old man. 2 Corinthians 5:17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.))
How can the new creature be if the old still exist? We got to flee from sin, or fact is we are still stuck in it and not walking in Christ. How can you say that you are walking in Christ, yet act unruly or perverse in actions, or speech, or thinkings, constantly abiding in wrong? Don’t live with it and except sin in your life, but reach to the Lord. To live in grace we need to abandon and completely leave behind the old nature and enter the new nature in Christ because your soul depends on it! The time is now, flee from sin and live in Christ by the grace of God, praying and leaning to God every step of the way, trusting in his word every step of the way, reading and staying in it each and every day of our lives.

crossnote
Oct 29th 2008, 07:46 AM
For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
(Gal 2:19-20)

chad
Oct 29th 2008, 09:01 AM
(Gal 6:7-8 NIV) Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.