PDA

View Full Version : Relationship!...plus unsaved family, church, and future issues

unkn0wnNYC
Oct 28th 2008, 08:28 PM
Hey guys,

First I want to say thank you all for your prayers and help in the past. I had a really serious issue a while ago and I know that God intervened and I believe that your prayers and councelation helped! Here is the old thread http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?p=1277061#post1277061 but that's not what I am focusing on now...

First, Glory to God! He has done amazing things in my life and has fixed things that I thought were impossible to put back together.

The girl that I love...well I met her in church a few years ago and since then, we have been eachother's only TRUE friends. We are like partners in everything and we see eachother just about every day. Our relationship has been at just about every point...from puppy love, to having that deep true love connection, to being cold, to being scared, to being excessively romantic...after years of bouncing all over the place, this is where we are. She is not my girlfriend but at the same time, she dates nobody else and sees nobody else and I see her just about every single day and night and when we don't see eachother, we are on the phone constantly. I am very close to her family and they all love me and I love them. I go to all of her family events and they all treat me as if I was their own. My family loves her as well. We also grew up in the same church, so we both love the Lord very much and have the same Christian background. We have fun all day long and share the same interests. We have enough differences to make things fun, but we are so similiar that we are just like stuck together....I truly love her from the bottom of my heart. She has been through so much (you can read through the other thread if you want but it's a lot of drama) and she works so hard. She is such a good girl and God answered my prayers by bringing this perfect young woman into my life. Now this is the issue. Even though we have had an extremely romantic past, she makes it as though we are not dating or anything but right now we are "just friends." I THINK its that she wants to leave her doors open because she feels like she is too young for marriage but also too old to just have a new boyfriend because she knows that if she is with me, she's in it for the longrun since I will never abandon her or mistreat her and that I'll cherish her for as long as I live. Her family has mentioned this to me too and they think that's the reason why she can't commit to me as my girlfriend yet. I have lots of patience and am willing to wait it out for a long time. I pray to God for a change, but this has been going on for months and months (and really for years). It seems like every week we get closer, but still theres no more holding hands, hugging, or anything. It's all just being best of friends and mention of anything else quickly gets changed. She also changes a lot from month to month so you never know with her...what I wish was that she would just make up her mind quickly because it can drive a man crazy :bounce:lol...please please pray that God guides her heart and mind and that she can freely love again. I miss holding her hand and giving her a kiss.:hug::kiss: I know that sometimes she feels it too and she also can't go an hour without talking to me, so please just pray for us. Thank you so so much!

About my family...my mom and dad and brothers are born again Christians. Regular church goers and they have Christ in their hearts. My grandparents are Roman Catholics, and although my family preaches to them all the time, they can't seem to break away from the old Catholic traditions. They are getting old and I am worried that they will never step out and give their lives to God. Please pray for them that something breaks through this grip of tradition.

Please pray for my church. The church itself is in a financial and just an all around crisis. The members have been slowly leaving and the church has been dwindling down. The financials are a disaster and they church may have to be put up for sale since the mortgage and bills can't be paid. Please pray that God assists the members of this church, whether it's through saving the church building, or by relocating us all to a true, spirit filled Church. I am not sure myself if I should leave and find another church. Please pray God guides my heart and that of my family and the girl and her family.

Please also pray for my future. Being very young, it is such a difficult and scary time. I'm not sure if I'm good enough to be successful in the future, if I will get married to the one I love, and if I will grow to be a true man of integrity. Please please pray for me.

Thank you all for your prayers. GOD BLESS! ;)

JesusMySavior
Oct 28th 2008, 09:44 PM
Praying for the relationship to be nourished, as per God's will, and that you keep yourselves pure until wedding day for each other. :)

Prayer for your church and its financial problems. God be with you. :)

unkn0wnNYC
Oct 29th 2008, 12:44 PM
Praying for the relationship to be nourished, as per God's will, and that you keep yourselves pure until wedding day for each other. :)

Prayer for your church and its financial problems. God be with you. :)
THANK YOU! God bless you!

karenoka27
Oct 29th 2008, 01:15 PM
Father, I too bring this young man before You. You have called us according to Your purpose and I ask that You show him what Your will for his life is. Being young is a good thing Lord that he would choose to follow You now.
Be with this young woman as well, and if You would have them to be together for the rest of their lives, please make it clear to both of them. Lord I too ask that You keep them strong physically, that they won't give in to fleshly temptations and keep themselves pure for Your honor and Your glory.
In Jesus Name, amen

Redneck Charger
Oct 30th 2008, 12:40 PM
Praying for you...:pray:

unkn0wnNYC
Oct 30th 2008, 07:09 PM
Thank you all! I feel so blessed to have you guys praying for me :D

Her and I had a nice time at church last night. Her mom and my mom also went so our mom's mingled and spent a little bit of time together. Also, later last night I got a lot of time to talk to her mom in private. She was telling me what she thinks about all of this and that she is praying for this situation too and that her family is as well.

God bless!!! The prayers are definitely working ;)

Please keep me in prayer :pray:

livingwaters
Oct 31st 2008, 12:05 AM
Praying for you, my brother-in-Christ....Don't panic!!!! God does not give us the spirit of fear!!!! You get in the Word and stay there....rely on God, only....HE is your strong tower....HE is your comforter......HE is your present and future!!!! HE is the only ONE that takes first priority!!!Amen. If it is HIS will for you to be in a bf/gf position, then HE will take care of it. Sometimes we tend to want to hurry God up, but, remember this Psalm 46:10 Be Still and Know that I am God.......Amen. It's not easy to do sometimes, but we must do it God's way......Glory to God:hug:

unkn0wnNYC
Oct 31st 2008, 01:06 PM
Praying for you, my brother-in-Christ....Don't panic!!!! God does not give us the spirit of fear!!!! You get in the Word and stay there....rely on God, only....HE is your strong tower....HE is your comforter......HE is your present and future!!!! HE is the only ONE that takes first priority!!!Amen. If it is HIS will for you to be in a bf/gf position, then HE will take care of it. Sometimes we tend to want to hurry God up, but, remember this Psalm 46:10 Be Still and Know that I am God.......Amen. It's not easy to do sometimes, but we must do it God's way......Glory to God:hug:
PERFECT! Just what I needed to start off the day! :spin:

I was with her and her mom last night...we had a nice time and we seemed really close, but when I left her house I prayed and prayed and prayed. Then this morning, on my way to work I was in deep prayer...well guess what? Today while I'm at work she shows up and suprises me! It was great and so unexpected! God works miracles and He has definitely given me a sense of peace, even though I am uneasy and restless...Glory to God!

unkn0wnNYC
Dec 29th 2008, 04:20 PM
Hello my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ,

I just wanted to update this a bit.

My dad, who is a part-time preacher and sunday school teacher at my church, had a long talk with me about this girl. He knows her very well and he knows how much I love her. He asked me if I love her. I answered yes. He then asked if she loves me and when I couldn't give a straight answer, he told me the best thing I could do is to tell her straight up what my feelings are towards her and that if she does not feel the same way or doesn't even want to be in a one on one relationship with me, that we should give eachother space.

So I told her everything and had a long, long talk...she took it well and understood everything and we said we will still be best friends and who knows where the future will bring us. I also told her that I am still going to pray all the time for her and that I am hopeful that some day she remembers how things were and we can get back to gether. She understood....

So it's been about 3 weeks. I keep praying that God opens her eyes and heart. She is an incredibly sweet girl, but in all that sweetness she has this dark side to her that was caused by the past and she still seems scarred by it. I pray that God heal these wounds she recieved and allows her to live her life in happiness and joy and confidence. I also pray that she doesn't stray from God's will and that she stay faithful to Him.

I have been at this point before with her, where we stopped seeing eachother. So I have a feeling that this isn't over. I love her and don't want to lose her. She has been contacting me every day, telling me how her day is going and such. She even invited me over her house the other night. I came over and watched a movie with her and her parents. She is coming over my house on friday to watch a movie with my parents too. I am hoping and praying that things change...I love her so very much and I put it into prayer everyday that she is part of God's plan for me. It seems so perfect but there is something wrong. I pray the enemy is trampled underfoot by her and I in Christ's name.

Thank you so much guys. I know that God's will is all that matters and it is all that I desire. But I do hope and pray that she is a part of that.

Thank you for your prayers and support. It's so wonderful having a group of Christians like you around.

Happy New Year!

unkn0wnNYC
Dec 29th 2008, 04:26 PM
Oh, and please pray for my grandparents. They still seem like they aren't progressing in God's ways...bitter and negative. In their language you don't hear any bit of Holiness. Please pray that God soften their hearts and that they let Him in.

:hug: God bless

billiefan2000
Dec 29th 2008, 05:51 PM
praying for unkn0wnNYC's unsaved family members

unkn0wnNYC
Dec 29th 2008, 07:25 PM
praying for unkn0wnNYC's unsaved family members
:) Thank you very much my friend.