PDA

View Full Version : Even if you had been the only human being on earth, Christ would have died for you

Equipped_4_Love
Oct 29th 2008, 12:27 AM
I've heard this said many times, but where in Scripture is this actually found? Are there any verses to back this statement up?

Thanks so much.

JesusReignsForever
Oct 29th 2008, 12:34 AM
I dont know any particular scripture that says that but it does day For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son.

Sounds impossible because If you or I were the only person on the earth who would be crucifying him? I think those are just more word of encouragement..:)

Equipped_4_Love
Oct 29th 2008, 12:40 AM
So, then, is it safe to say that it is a nice sentiment, but unscriptural?

JesusReignsForever
Oct 29th 2008, 12:44 AM
I would say yes I havent read that anywhere in the bible but then again I havent read the whole entire bible. Sound like somthing that is just meant to give comfort.

Equipped_4_Love
Oct 29th 2008, 01:03 AM
Any verses that may allude to this?

I don't want to say that this is an untrue statement, but if it's not actually in Scripture, how do we know?

Furthermore, why do so many preachers say it as if it's Biblical fact? I understand that it's a comforting thought, but it would be even more comforting if I actually knew it was in the Bible.

JesusReignsForever
Oct 29th 2008, 01:10 AM
Any verses that may allude to this?

I don't want to say that this is an untrue statement, but if it's not actually in Scripture, how do we know?

Furthermore, why do so many preachers say it as if it's Biblical fact? I understand that it's a comforting thought, but it would be even more comforting if I actually knew it was in the Bible.

I understand where you are coming from, I dont know why preachers say things like that which arent a biblical fact. Some preachers rather please the people, People love to hear things that are soothing to the heart and not condeming to the sin. Like some tv evangelist...they rather keep there congregation happy with soothing messages of You can accept Jesus as your saviour and continue with fornication and you still will make it in. People rather hear a lie than the truth. You have to keep your ears open take the truth and run with it, but the lies discard them. The truth is easy to find because it will line up with the word of God if it dosent line up with Gods word it cant be true.

2 Timothy 4

1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Hope this helps.

markdrums
Oct 29th 2008, 01:39 AM
I've heard this said many times, but where in Scripture is this actually found? Are there any verses to back this statement up?

Thanks so much.

I guess that depends if you (or I) happened to be the one in the garden.
Did we eat the fruit?

Depending on our individual answers, the answer to THIS question should be clear.
;)

But no, there's no scriptural support.
The same goes for the "Seven deadly sins"... they aren't listed in the Bible as "Seven deadly sins".
And the phrase, "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" isn't in the Bible either.

There are more pertaining to this topic, but those are the first ones I can come up with off the top of my head.

:)

Equipped_4_Love
Oct 29th 2008, 04:00 AM
But no, there's no scriptural support.
The same goes for the "Seven deadly sins"... they aren't listed in the Bible as "Seven deadly sins".
And the phrase, "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" isn't in the Bible either.

True.....but I've never heard "cleanliness is next to Godliness" being preached from the pulpit as Scriptural fact, either.

Is there any Scriptural support for the statement that if you or I were the only people on Earth, Christ would have dies for us? Perhaps there is some sort of Scriptual train of thought that I could use to support this?

There has to be some reason why people say this all the time. Perhaps 2 or 3 verses that can be used together to support this? If I'm witnessing to someone, and I say this to them, I would like to have evidence to back it up.

markdrums
Oct 29th 2008, 01:11 PM
True.....but I've never heard "cleanliness is next to Godliness" being preached from the pulpit as Scriptural fact, either.

Is there any Scriptural support for the statement that if you or I were the only people on Earth, Christ would have dies for us? Perhaps there is some sort of Scriptual train of thought that I could use to support this?

There has to be some reason why people say this all the time. Perhaps 2 or 3 verses that can be used together to support this? If I'm witnessing to someone, and I say this to them, I would like to have evidence to back it up.

Hmmmmm.... I guess the best way to give an example from scripture would be something along the lines of this:

Luk 15:4What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

Yeah, there are 99 others besides the "one"... but it's an example of Christ's willingness to save that ONE...
At the moment, that's all I can think of. But maybe it'll spark a couple other ideas....?