PDA

View Full Version : Seeing His Perfect Love

ConqueredbyLove
Oct 29th 2008, 12:59 AM
Seeing His Perfect Love!

~And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God~

It is hard to fathom the grace of God towards the centurion who watched Jesus die. A centurion was the leader over one hundred soldiers in ancient Rome. Apparently this unnamed centurion was appointed to lead the band of soldiers who were the ones responsible for nailing Jesus to the cross.

What was it about the way Jesus died that caused this man to conclude that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the Son of God? He must have witnessed many crucifixions.

The centurion saw the darkness that hovered over the earth during those terrible three hours. He probably was knocked down by the large earthquake. He heard the most terrible cry ever shrieked from human lips. ~My God, My God why hath You forsaken me~ Jesus cried in utter desolation.

We may be certain that he saw many more terrible things during that darkest day of human history.
However, I believe it was the perfect love flowing from the dying Saviour that the Holy Spirit used to open the murdererís eyes that Jesus truly is the Son of God.

Never has there been more perfect love displayed than when Jesus pleaded for forgiveness for His murderers as they drove the nails through His hands and feet. ~And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do~

What love was displayed from the God-man during His crucifixion! The assurance to the thief crucified next to Him when he cried out to Jesus and Jesus assured him that he would be in paradise. The entrusting of His mother into Johnís care. The refusal to come off the cross as He was cruelly mocked.

The centurion was the leader of the band that crucified the Saviour of the world. This man was destined for this before the foundation of the world. But he was also destined to have his eyes and heart opened by God to recognize that Jesus is the Son of God. His life would never be the same again. Because He realized Who Jesus is, I believe he will be in Heaven.

Oh, what a display of the mercy, grace and love of God!

I feel compelled, once more to share again of the love of God through this incredible video and song....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwzt9...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwzt9jRUPNg&feature=related)