PDA

View Full Version : What Will You Be Doing In Heaven?

immortality
Oct 29th 2008, 05:21 AM
"As I walk along this Christian path, it's just more and more glimpses of the glory of Jesus Christ which more and more enraptures my heart and leads me to worship Him. What will Heaven be? The same thing, except greater."

How Is It Like In Heaven? by Paul Washer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpydcgGeFqo

Lamplighter
Oct 30th 2008, 08:34 PM
Read Revelation 21-22 to find out what the bride of Christ will be doing in New Heaven and New Earth.

We will be ruling over the Nations of the Earth with Christ.

Bethany67
Oct 30th 2008, 08:40 PM
Can I bag the gardening duty?

MrAnteater
Oct 30th 2008, 09:31 PM
I would like to serve in the department of Astro Engineering. I would like to create a galaxy or two. :bounce:

Lamplighter
Oct 30th 2008, 09:51 PM
I would like to serve in the department of Astro Engineering. I would like to create a galaxy or two. :bounce:

Mankind does not have this kind of creative power, even after his transfiguration into an everlasting Christlike body.

legoman
Oct 31st 2008, 03:28 AM
Read Revelation 21-22 to find out what the bride of Christ will be doing in New Heaven and New Earth.

We will be ruling over the Nations of the Earth with Christ.

Just curious, who would we be ruling over? Ourselves? Or just creation in general perhaps.

Lamplighter
Oct 31st 2008, 03:39 AM
Just curious, who would we be ruling over? Ourselves? Or just creation in general perhaps.

The Bride rules over the Nations of people who are not in the bride of Christ, that refuse to follow Satan, after he is released from his prison starting in Rev 20:7 to form one last army of men from all nations to fight against God.

The Bride of Christ are those who are saved in the current grace dispensation. Those saved in the future after the Bride of Christ are caught up, are not going to the Lake Of Fire, but they will instead make up the nations of people that the bride of Christ rules over at the end of the book of Revelation along with Christ. They will be able to have children. The last several books of Revelation explain it very nicely. Start in Revelation 19:11 and read through to the end.

Marc2x
Oct 31st 2008, 03:41 AM
well if I were in Heaven I would spend time with Jesus and thank him for dying for us and saving me from eternal death then meet an thank God hang out with the guys that wrote the bible and then hit Heavens Skatepark! lol:P

Bick
Oct 31st 2008, 05:05 AM
What heaven was like used to be a mystery to me. As a kid I would see cartoons of people like angels, sitting on a cloud, playing a harp.

Then, some years ago, I had some wonderful Bible teaching that believers from the time of Paul till now, and beyond? only God knows, are members of the ecclesia, body of Christ, and that we are a special body, a new creation, made up Jews and Gentiles, rich and poor, male and female, all one in Christ (Gal.4:28). And, that God has a special purpose for us as Paul sets forth, especially in the last prison epistles: Ephesians and Colossians.

Back to the question.

We, the body of Christ, will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air, and then always be with the Lord. We will be taken to the heavenlies to experience every spiritual blessing prepared by God (Eph. 1:3).
As sons of God (not a bride!), He considers us as heirs and joint-heirs with Christ.
In God's mind we have been raised up with Christ and seated with Him in the heavenlies, "in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of His grace, expressed in His kindness to us in Christ Jesus" (Eph. 2:6-8).
It is through us, the church/body, human beings now with spiritual bodies, not needing air to breathe, or food to stay alive, for we have been vivified, made alive to never die again.
It is God's intention that through the church/body, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenlies, according to His purpose of the ages which he accomplishes in Christ Jesus (Eph. 3:10-11).

Evidently, their are spirit beings (not angels) out in the universe who need to know of God's grace and wisdom, and we, the church/body, will be the "missionaries", if you will, to do this. And this as co-heirs with Christ.

That is my understanding of a little bit of what we will be experiencing.
Amen and Amen!

My heart's Desire
Oct 31st 2008, 06:22 AM
"As I walk along this Christian path, it's just more and more glimpses of the glory of Jesus Christ which more and more enraptures my heart and leads me to worship Him. What will Heaven be? The same thing, except greater."

How Is It Like In Heaven? by Paul Washer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpydcgGeFqo

We believe when all is done there will be a new heavens and new earth. We know the Kingdom will be God's so..... wow. I just can't really imagine all we may be doing.

John146
Oct 31st 2008, 04:11 PM
The Bride rules over the Nations of people who are not in the bride of Christ, that refuse to follow Satan, after he is released from his prison starting in Rev 20:7 to form one last army of men from all nations to fight against God.That's not possible. Those people will be cast into the lake of fire (Rev 20:15). All whose names are not written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. No exceptions.

Rev 20:15
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21
24And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

In this case, "the nations" represent all people who have their names written in the Lamb's book of life. Only believers will be there. Unbelievers will all be in the lake of fire. If unbelievers were still around then there would still be sin and death. But Rev 21:4 says there will be no more death, pain, crying or sorrow at that time.

Emanate
Oct 31st 2008, 05:38 PM
I am holding our for a management position

Tbone
Oct 31st 2008, 05:51 PM
I am holding our for a management position

:D:D Hmmm, that means that Pastors are in Sales then, not Management, right?

markdrums
Oct 31st 2008, 08:37 PM
The Bride rules over the Nations of people who are not in the bride of Christ, that refuse to follow Satan, after he is released from his prison starting in Rev 20:7 to form one last army of men from all nations to fight against God.

The Bride of Christ are those who are saved in the current grace dispensation. Those saved in the future after the Bride of Christ are caught up, are not going to the Lake Of Fire, but they will instead make up the nations of people that the bride of Christ rules over at the end of the book of Revelation along with Christ. They will be able to have children. The last several books of Revelation explain it very nicely. Start in Revelation 19:11 and read through to the end.

I have to agree with what John146 said. The NEW Heaven & NEW Earth will be exactly that! The curse of sin & death will be gone. It's the ETERNALLY PERFECT, new creation. No unbelievers will be present; they'll be eternally separated from God & his grace.

legoman
Oct 31st 2008, 08:52 PM
I have to agree with what John146 said. The NEW Heaven & NEW Earth will be exactly that! The curse of sin & death will be gone. It's the ETERNALLY PERFECT, new creation. No unbelievers will be present; they'll be eternally separated from God & his grace.

Which leads me back to my question.

What/who will we be reigning over?

moonglow
Oct 31st 2008, 09:06 PM
That's not possible. Those people will be cast into the lake of fire (Rev 20:15). All whose names are not written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. No exceptions.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21
24And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
27And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

In this case, "the nations" represent all people who have their names written in the Lamb's book of life. Only believers will be there. Unbelievers will all be in the lake of fire. If unbelievers were still around then there would still be sin and death. But Rev 21:4 says there will be no more death, pain, crying or sorrow at that time.

Agreed...plus Christ said we would be like the angels in Heaven...no marriage...no babies.

Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.

Mark 12:25
For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Anyway...I plan on walking with Jesus...be constantly learning from Him...there will be the biggest celebration going too once we all get together....the most beautiful music you ever heard...people from every nation, race, and language will all being singing and dancing together in this celebration! The sky won't be like any sky we have ever know but be filled with lights like the aurora borealis and move in time with the music...:)

http://onemansblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/AuroraBorealis.jpg

And we will travel though the universe and dance on stars!

Learning and being amazed will never cease either. I believe God created us with minds that have no limit on learning...the only thing that slows us down down is our bodies ages..because of sin...once sin is gone, we won't age...plus have transformed bodies like He does which the bible tells us will happen. :) So we will no longer face any limitations either physically or mentally.

I could go and on...but will now shut up and let someone else post...:lol:

God bless

Richard H
Oct 31st 2008, 09:15 PM
Which leads me back to my question.

What/who will we be reigning over?I think the "ruling and reigning" under the Kingship of Jesus will be during the millennium. (not heaven)
After that - with the new heavens and the new earth...
I suppose it will be a fresh start where creation can be at harmony with the Creator.

'Probably with lots of praising going on, though. :saint:

Lamplighter
Oct 31st 2008, 09:40 PM
That's not possible. Those people will be cast into the lake of fire (Rev 20:15). All whose names are not written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. No exceptions.

Revelation 21

Those who don't join Satans army after the 1000 years, are believers, but they are not the Bride of Christ. The Bride of Christ are the people like me and you who have accepted Christ under the grace dispensation. The people who are living during the 1000 year reign of Christ, while Satan is locked in prison, are not the transfigured Bride of Christ, they are just the nations of people who survived the tribulation, and who were not destroyed by Christ in Revelation chapter 19. These nations of people will have to decide whether to follow Satan or Christ when Satan is set free from prison to form one last army to fight God. You can read about all of this in Revelation, Daniel, and other OT books of prophecy.

You guys need to read Biblical prophecy to find out about New Heaven and New Earth, it's the only books in the Bible that describe it.

markdrums
Nov 1st 2008, 02:14 AM
Those who don't join Satans army after the 1000 years, are believers, but they are not the Bride of Christ. The Bride of Christ are the people like me and you who have accepted Christ under the grace dispensation. The people who are living during the 1000 year reign of Christ, while Satan is locked in prison, are not the transfigured Bride of Christ, they are just the nations of people who survived the tribulation, and who were not destroyed by Christ in Revelation chapter 19. These nations of people will have to decide whether to follow Satan or Christ when Satan is set free from prison to form one last army to fight God. You can read about all of this in Revelation, Daniel, and other OT books of prophecy.

You guys need to read Biblical prophecy to find out about New Heaven and New Earth, it's the only books in the Bible that describe it.

I'm a little confused about what you're pointing out. :confused
Forgive me if I misunderstand, but it sounds like you're saying the New Heaven & New Earth will still have "unsaved" people? And;
People will still have to make a choice between God & Sin? Because that's not what scripture is telling us in Revelation.

The "thousand years" mentioned in Revelation, deal with Jesus' kingdom & him reigning with the saints. (This "time period" is much debated as to whether or not it's a "literal" millennium/1000 years.... which I'm of the group that says, incorrect... but that's a whole different issue.) ;)

Keep in mind that Jesus said, "My kingdom is NOT of this world".....

Anyway, The New Heaven & New Earth are AFTER the "thousand years".

Satan, the other fallen angels who joined him, & all the unbelievers will NOT be around at that time. They will have been cast into the lake of fire; & the problem of sin will have been resolved once & for all.

Hopefully I understood what you were talking about, & responded in the right context. :saint:

????

Prosperity
Nov 1st 2008, 04:55 AM
I know what I won't be doing. For starters, I won't be:

taking showers
brushing my teeth
cleaning wax out of my ears
washing clothes
clearing house
mowing grass
paying bills
repairing house and cars
worrying about where my next drink and meal is coming from
paying tax
paying social security
having to deal with a corrupt Government
worrying about wars, bad weather, etc...

Lamplighter
Nov 1st 2008, 08:50 PM
I'm a little confused about what you're pointing out. :confused
Forgive me if I misunderstand, but it sounds like you're saying the New Heaven & New Earth will still have "unsaved" people? And;
People will still have to make a choice between God & Sin? Because that's not what scripture is telling us in Revelation.

Let me better clarify.

Revelation 20:4-6 talks about those of us who are in the first resurrection, we will reign with Christ for 1000 years.

After the 1000 years, Satan is released from prison, in Rev 20:7.

Then in verse 8-10, Satan forms an army of people from the nations(ethnos in the Greek which means multitude, tribe, people group) who's number is as of the sand of the sea to battle the saints and God, and God comes out of Heaven to devour Satan and his army from the nations(ethnos).

So obviously there are nations of people all over the Earth during the 1000 year reign of Christ, who are not the Bride of Christ(saints).

Then in Revelation chapters 21 and 22, the Bride of Christ(saints) will be in New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem, and only the saints can enter the Holy City as seen in Revelation 21:23-27. The rest of the nations(ethnos) of people who are saved(didn't join Satan's army in Rev 20:7-10) will be able to come to the gates of the Holy City to b ring glory and honor to it, but not enter into it. Revelation verse 22 explains how these people do not die, the tree of life heals them to keep them alive forever, but these nations of people do not have transfigured Christlike bodies like the saints have, which is why they need healing from the tree of life to stay alive forever.

There will be nations of people who were not written in the Lamb's book of life(saints), but who do not join Satan's army after the 1000 years(so they are spared the second death), who Christ will reign over along with his bride, for all of eternity in the New Heaven, New Earth, and New Jerusalem(holy city).

This is how I understand the last few chapters of Revelation describing New Heaven and New Earth.

My heart's Desire
Nov 2nd 2008, 03:59 AM
I know what I won't be doing. For starters, I won't be:

taking showers
brushing my teeth
cleaning wax out of my ears
washing clothes
clearing house
mowing grass
paying bills
repairing house and cars
worrying about where my next drink and meal is coming from
paying tax
paying social security
having to deal with a corrupt Government
worrying about wars, bad weather, etc...

Amen, amen and a BIG amen to that!

Bladers
Nov 3rd 2008, 12:56 AM
haha, i will go and create a galaxy and some animals and creatures and so fought. And the Holy Spirit will teach me stuff and will breathe live to the creatures.

And i will go to heaven's cafe, and eat all the food that i can eat!

Grace40
Nov 3rd 2008, 01:56 AM
Can I bag the gardening duty?

Can I bag looking after the animals?

Lamplighter
Nov 3rd 2008, 04:33 AM
haha, i will go and create a galaxy and some animals and creatures and so fought. And the Holy Spirit will teach me stuff and will breathe live to the creatures.

Mankind does not have creative power as God has, he never had, and he never will.

Where did you get the idea that Mankind ever had or will ever have creative power as God has?

Mormons teach that God was a man who became a God and created all, do you have a Mormon background? Thanks.

Prosperity
Nov 3rd 2008, 04:40 AM
Amen, amen and a BIG amen to that!

...and at the risk of seeming indelicate, I won't ever have to pick my nose again either. :lol:

...no dentists
...no doctors
...no accontants

...no bad breath
...never being overwight

a big one...no politicians and no lawyers. :idea:

Prosperity
Nov 3rd 2008, 04:42 AM
Mankind does not have creative power as God has, he never had, and he never will.

Where did you get the idea that Mankind ever had or will ever have creative power as God has?

Mormons teach that God was a man who became a God and created all, do you have a Mormon background? Thanks.

Is God's creative power in Christians. :idea:

Does the Bible say that we will never be able to create much like our Father creates? :idea:

...and no I am not a Mormon. :lol:

Lamplighter
Nov 3rd 2008, 04:47 AM
Is God's creative power in Christians. :idea:

Does the Bible say that we will never be able to create much like our Father creates? :idea:

...and no I am not a Mormon. :lol:

The Bible never says in any OT or NT scripture that mankind has the same creative power as God has at any time.

To say so would be to claim you are God.

Bladers
Nov 3rd 2008, 09:44 PM
The Bible never says in any OT or NT scripture that mankind has the same creative power as God has at any time.

No i am not a mormon

But the bible says, you are sealed with the Spirit of God for eternity.
The Spirit of Life is in you, you are one with God!!!

All you need is to register a "creation 101 class" in heaven with God, and the Holy Spirit would definitely be the teacher.

And He will teach you all about the history of creation...:)

Richard H
Nov 3rd 2008, 09:58 PM
Bladers,
Please rethink your theology.
I know these things are being taught, but the Bible warns us of doctrines of demons.

What better one that this:

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Isaiah 14:12-15

Bladers
Nov 3rd 2008, 10:13 PM
Bladers,
Please rethink your theology.
I know these things are being taught, but the Bible warns us of doctrines of demons.

What better one that this:

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Isaiah 14:12-15

I dont see any theology in what i said above, what i am saying is. All things are possible with God.

I have a vast and big mind, it is not limited to this world.

Richard H
Nov 3rd 2008, 10:24 PM
I dont see any theology in what i said above, what i am saying is. All things are possible with God.

Well Ok Then... :no:
I only tell ya 'cuz I loves ya! :)

Iíll leave you with this Scripture, though.

Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,
who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,
Php 2:5-9

David Taylor
Nov 3rd 2008, 10:28 PM

But it should be limited to the scriptures; and not going beyond what they teach.

God alone, according to the scriptures, is Creator.

To teach or even speculate on anything different, can lead down a slippery slope which can cause us or others to stumble.

Isaiah 45:5
"I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me, that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other. I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things. let the earth open, that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit; let the earth cause them both to sprout; I the LORD have created it. "Woe to him who strives with him who formed him, a pot among earthen pots! Does the clay say to him who forms it, 'What are you making?' will you command me concerning my children and the work of my hands? I made the earth and created man on it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens"

Lamplighter
Nov 4th 2008, 12:40 AM
All things are possible with God.

True. But all things are not possible with man.

Man never was, nor will man ever be God, or create as God does.

Prosperity
Nov 4th 2008, 03:02 AM
All things are possible with God.

That is very true!

AliveinChristDave
Nov 4th 2008, 05:14 AM
Let me better clarify.

Revelation 20:4-6 talks about those of us who are in the first resurrection, we will reign with Christ for 1000 years.

After the 1000 years, Satan is released from prison, in Rev 20:7.

Then in verse 8-10, Satan forms an army of people from the nations(ethnos in the Greek which means multitude, tribe, people group) who's number is as of the sand of the sea to battle the saints and God, and God comes out of Heaven to devour Satan and his army from the nations(ethnos).

So obviously there are nations of people all over the Earth during the 1000 year reign of Christ, who are not the Bride of Christ(saints).

Then in Revelation chapters 21 and 22, the Bride of Christ(saints) will be in New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem, and only the saints can enter the Holy City as seen in Revelation 21:23-27. The rest of the nations(ethnos) of people who are saved(didn't join Satan's army in Rev 20:7-10) will be able to come to the gates of the Holy City to b ring glory and honor to it, but not enter into it. Revelation verse 22 explains how these people do not die, the tree of life heals them to keep them alive forever, but these nations of people do not have transfigured Christlike bodies like the saints have, which is why they need healing from the tree of life to stay alive forever.

There will be nations of people who were not written in the Lamb's book of life(saints), but who do not join Satan's army after the 1000 years(so they are spared the second death), who Christ will reign over along with his bride, for all of eternity in the New Heaven, New Earth, and New Jerusalem(holy city).

This is how I understand the last few chapters of Revelation describing New Heaven and New Earth.

God is revealing some profound things to you.
I won't try to add to it but trust you will stay in the Word and let God take you deeper into the truths you are teaching.

Dani H
Nov 4th 2008, 05:22 AM
What I'll be doing in Heaven, is sit on my Daddy's lap for a number of years ... probably a couple thousand. So y'all will just have to deal and wait your turn. :)

After that, who knows? Doesn't really matter, because God will be there, and that will be enough.

Lamplighter
Nov 4th 2008, 05:42 AM
God is revealing some profound things to you.
I won't try to add to it but trust you will stay in the Word and let God take you deeper into the truths you are teaching.

Possibly, or I also could be wrong in my understanding.

Biblical prophecy is something a man can study his entire life, and still be way off base when it is fulfilled in reality.

None the less, God wants us to study his word daily, prophecy included.

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Richard H
Nov 4th 2008, 06:25 AM
Revelation verse 22 explains how these people do not die, the tree of life heals them to keep them alive forever, but these nations of people do not have transfigured Christlike bodies like the saints have, which is why they need healing from the tree of life to stay alive forever.

This is how I understand the last few chapters of Revelation describing New Heaven and New Earth.Fascinating, Lamplighter.
Especially the part about the tree of life.

The only thing I would point out is after the thousand years...

1Cor 15:28 When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

I suppose at that point, the Son will have completed His purpose and then God will not need to function as a Trinity.
It sort of made me sad to realize this.

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 4th 2008, 07:19 AM
GOD gives each of us crown of righteousness, if we had witness to many people then we get Crown rejoicing and the other crowns read from http://http://www.icnc.org/scratchpad/a11.htm (http://http://www.icnc.org/scratchpad/a11.htm), we will judge the angels, reign with the LORD Jesus Christ in New Jerusalem, enjoy GOD's presence...eat the fruits from the Tree of LIFE and GOD will wipe all our tears. I want to ask the prophets in the Bible their life experiences and touch the LORD Jesus Christ hands and feet...saying like Thomas, My LORD and my GOD.:pray:

Bladers
Nov 4th 2008, 06:16 PM
I never said men will be God, or will ever become God. Neither did i say, men had creation power. NO, God has given us creative and innovative minds.

Look at the airplanes, and the space shuttle, and the computer you are sitting infront of.

All i am saying is, i surely will be having fun in heaven. I will make heaven's biggest ice cream cone, with all flavor of ice cream in it.

hahaha :)

Lamplighter
Nov 4th 2008, 09:16 PM
I never said men will be God, or will ever become God. Neither did i say, men had creation power. NO, God has given us creative and innovative minds.

Look at the airplanes, and the space shuttle, and the computer you are sitting infront of.

All i am saying is, i surely will be having fun in heaven. I will make heaven's biggest ice cream cone, with all flavor of ice cream in it.

hahaha :)

Ok, gotcha.

I thought one of your posts read that you were going to create your own Universe to rule over, and you were going to breathe the breath of life into the people you create? I guess not?

Bladers
Nov 4th 2008, 11:37 PM
I never said anything about a universe, nor power of creation.

All i said was that someone can mold an animal or something and God can breathe the breath of Life into it.

Just like in the days of Adam, As God allowed Adam to name the animals.

markdrums
Nov 5th 2008, 01:27 AM

I think That is the main issue and problem many of us have with the statement.

markdrums
Nov 5th 2008, 01:29 AM
I never said anything about a universe, nor power of creation.

All i said was that someone can mold an animal or something and God can breathe the breath of Life into it.

Just like in the days of Adam, As God allowed Adam to name the animals.

Again... No. WE cannot & WILL NOT be able to "create" anything. Adam did not "mold" animals.. or anything else.
Naming is ONE THING... creating is entirely different.

Prosperity
Nov 5th 2008, 01:56 AM

I expect you are too concerned about heresy to get the point of my statement, but no problem. Do you think that the Spirt of God can be in his children, but He left His cretive poower at home? There is not a lot recorded in the Bible as to what we will be doing in Heaven. Will Jesus have creative power. Yes! Are we His body? Yes! Is it wrong to belive that we will be able to do many things our Fahter does in Heaven? No! ...but is was nice to meet you.

Prosperity
Nov 5th 2008, 02:06 AM
Again... No. WE cannot & WILL NOT be able to "create" anything. Adam did not "mold" animals.. or anything else.
Naming is ONE THING... creating is entirely different.

Where does the Bible say that God's creative poser will not work through us in Heaven? ...not that it makes any difference because it either will or will not happen when we will get there. ...I am not sure the Bible will be in Heaven when we get there because we will have the living Word, the Son of God. :hmm:

Hmmm, lots to consider, but it is moot because the mystry will only be over when we get to Heaven. :hmm:

markdrums
Nov 5th 2008, 02:06 AM
I expect you are too concerned about heresy to get the point of my statement, but no problem. Do you think that the Spirt of God can be in his children, but He left His cretive poower at home? There is not a lot recorded in the Bible as to what we will be doing in Heaven. Will Jesus have creative power. Yes! Are we His body? Yes! Is it wrong to belive that we will be able to do many things our Fahter does in Heaven? No! ...but is was nice to meet you.

YES! That IS wrong.
We won't do what the Father does. We'll have a greater understanding of WHO HE IS, but we'll never even be close to the full power & glory of God.

We should ALL be concerned about heresy! You included.

WnC
Nov 5th 2008, 02:25 AM
Slightly different take on the "what will we be doing in heaven" question.
Bluefish TV has already engaged this idea.

http://www.bluefishtv.com/Store/1005/1728

Just a bit of levity in a good discussion.:lol:

markdrums
Nov 5th 2008, 03:28 AM
Where does the Bible say that God's creative poser will not work through us in Heaven? ...not that it makes any difference because it either will or will not happen when we will get there. ...I am not sure the Bible will be in Heaven when we get there because we will have the living Word, the Son of God. :hmm:

Hmmm, lots to consider, but it is moot because the mystry will only be over when we get to Heaven. :hmm:

I base my post on the fact that MAN has never had "creative" power, in the same context God has. Also- the Bible never gives examples or any indication that we ever will.

And.....
I'll do both of us a favor & stay away from the remaining statements; I'll leave those for someone else.....
:saint: :cool: :D

Lamplighter
Nov 5th 2008, 03:59 AM
Will Jesus have creative power. Yes! Are we His body? Yes!

Are we his body? You lost me here?

In New Jerusalem we will all have our own resurrection bodies, we do not share a body with Christ. What do you mean we are Christ's body? Thanks.

Richard H
Nov 5th 2008, 05:02 AM
What will I be doing in heaven? :hmm:

I'll be feeling eternally grateful!

Prosperity
Nov 5th 2008, 05:04 AM
I base my post on the fact that MAN has never had "creative" power, in the same context God has. Also- the Bible never gives examples or any indication that we ever will.

And.....
I'll do both of us a favor & stay away from the remaining statements; I'll leave those for someone else.....
:saint: :cool: :D

I base my post on what I read in my Bible and what we don't know about what we will be doing in heaven. :idea:

Prosperity
Nov 5th 2008, 05:06 AM
Are we his body? You lost me here?

In New Jerusalem we will all have our own resurrection bodies, we do not share a body with Christ. What do you mean we are Christ's body? Thanks.

I an substantive form, being a member of the body of Christ it is like being member of the body politic, but we will be Spiritually just as we are now, only better.

Richard H
Nov 5th 2008, 05:07 AM
I base my post on what I read in my Bible and what we don't know about what we will be doing in heaven. :idea:You base your post on what you don't know?

Lamplighter
Nov 5th 2008, 07:29 AM
I an substantive form, being a member of the body of Christ it is like being member of the body politic, but we will be Spiritually just as we are now, only better.

Are you saying that we will not have bodies in New Jerusalem? Only spirits? Or am I still misunderstanding you?

Richard H
Nov 5th 2008, 08:07 AM
Are you saying that we will not have bodies in New Jerusalem? Only spirits? Or am I still misunderstanding you?He seems to be off line now...

I think Prosperity is saying that as he is a physical person and a member of the church (the body of Christ) - in "heaven" we will have "physical" bodies which surpass our present shells.
...I guess. :hmm:

'Sounds good to me - I suppose that's the point of having a resurrection - although the New heaven, and New Earth, and New Jerusalam is the destination.

Prosperity
Nov 5th 2008, 03:00 PM
Are you saying that we will not have bodies in New Jerusalem? Only spirits? Or am I still misunderstanding you?

You misunderstood.

Richard H
Nov 5th 2008, 03:43 PM
You misunderstood. Who?
Me? (at second guessing you)
or Lamplighter? (A man with a smallish number of posts, but a great deal of penetrating insight)

Your 2 word reply is not specific enough

as to whom you are addressing
and in correctly enlightening us with your intended meaning.

Bladers
Nov 5th 2008, 09:54 PM
If i make a statement, does it mean it contains theology? NO

You do not know what exactly you will be doing in heaven except of being with God. So please let us not limit God.

Lamplighter
Nov 6th 2008, 03:47 AM
You do not know what exactly you will be doing in heaven except of being with God. So please let us not limit God.

Revelation chapters 21-22 give us a great idea as to what we will be doing in New Jerusalem here on earth. We will be reigning with Christ over the nations of the Earth.